Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

isk posted:

Welp, been troubleshooting a game security violation code 00000007 for the better part of the day, no dice. Disabled antivirus, selective startup, reinstalled on multiple drives, tried running as a different user, tried running as admin/compatibility mode, verified integrity of game cache, you name it. Reassuring that Ubisoft still has their launch day bullshit that's probably being caused by, like, an RGB keyboard.

Open task manager with ctrl+shift+esc and close weird processes like MyApp or MyColor. This is almost undoubtedly caused by RGB or mouse/keyboard software. A lot of people had the same issue with Rust until they found out it was RGB poo poo causing issues. Killing the process allowed people to finally get it working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Bloodplay it again posted:

Open task manager with ctrl+shift+esc and close weird processes like MyApp or MyColor. This is almost undoubtedly caused by RGB or mouse/keyboard software. A lot of people had the same issue with Rust until they found out it was RGB poo poo causing issues. Killing the process allowed people to finally get it working.

Yep, did that as well. I even uninstalled the extraneous stuff.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

I really like this game, but there is one thing i find quite annoying: Once you started a mission there seems to be no way to fail/reset it. I made the mistake to start the bossfight in the (recommended) first region (Holland Valley). It is (mild spoiler) a dogfight with imho terrible plane controls. After trying and failing several times on easy mode (yes, i am not good at videogames) i wanted to just set it aside and do other stuff in the open world which didn't quite work out because the dramatic bossfight music kept playing and the bad guy constantly kept teasing me on my radio.

Since i see no way to have multiple save slots I was stuck there and had to start a new game and now plan to do all the open world stuff and regular story missions first and do the boss fights last. And then i noticed you can't skip the lengthy opening sequence which is not so great if you just watched it days ago.

Other than that (and some mildly annoying sound mixing issues) i love Far Cry 5.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Inverness posted:

So I already had to lower the difficulty from hard to get past the truck chase scene in the beginning. I didn't want to waste what little time I had tonight by trying it for the 6th time.

yeah what the gently caress, like its just random chance you die on hard in the chase scene in the car.

gently caress this Ill turn it back on hard after this scene, its literally RNG on hard mode.

Allegedly Allergic
Nov 3, 2002

Crazy Bus Person #3
I'm on a PS4 pro, and the audio is weirdly delayed. I'll shoot my gun and dude's down on the ground dead before the gunshot sound plays.

Ain't my TV, since it's never happened before, but it's kinda pissing me off.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just turn on the aim assist for the car chase. You'll feel like a bad rear end and should get through it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I love how there are already end game spoilers posted itt between posts of people trying to use vpns to access the game early.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Game seems dope so far.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Holy hell this game just never stops, there's always some incredibly dumb poo poo happening every second and I love it. Played some coop and spent basically the entire 1.5 hours we did of it giggling like an idiot.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

shut up blegum posted:

I love how there are already end game spoilers posted itt between posts of people trying to use vpns to access the game early.

I had so many people on my friends list on PS4 and Xbox playing this game days ago. I don't know what happened but this game got out there really early for a bunch of folks.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I rescued a civilian and then the civilian was immediately attacked by a wild turkey.

Good game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Holy heck armor piercing .45-70 sure does a number on vehicles :clint:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Heh @ the meta tower joke

GAME'S GOT JOKES FOLKS

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
The Sheriff's name being Whitehorse can't be a coincidence...

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

The Sheriff's name being Whitehorse can't be a coincidence...

Pretty sure it's entirely for that one line but who knows.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Game is good, shot the pilot out of a helicopter with my pistol. Thing just took a mean spin and crashed into an inferno. The guns feel really good so far, the bow is brutal looking when it make contact. I liked the detail of the deer running for a while after I arrowed him, had to chase him down a bit till he fell over. Looks pretty good also.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Le Saboteur posted:

I had so many people on my friends list on PS4 and Xbox playing this game days ago. I don't know what happened but this game got out there really early for a bunch of folks.

I now, my copy arrived on saturday.
And I still only managed to play like 3 hours or something like that :waycool:

EDIT: by the way, is there a way to speed up the time? It's night at the moment and I'm stumbling around in the dark like an idiot. I need a phantom cigar.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

shut up blegum posted:

I now, my copy arrived on saturday.
And I still only managed to play like 3 hours or something like that :waycool:

EDIT: by the way, is there a way to speed up the time? It's night at the moment and I'm stumbling around in the dark like an idiot. I need a phantom cigar.

Can't you try some :airquote: oregano? :airquote:

Doesn't speed up time but it's something to do.

This game is good and cool.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Lol the singing bass works.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Does this game not have the skid when running into a crouch? That always felt so good...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Mr Scumbag posted:

Does this game not have the skid when running into a crouch? That always felt so good...

It's there. Just did it. Sprint seems a little weirder in this game. It is both 'tap to toggle' and 'hold to run/release to stop', seemingly depending on how long you press the key to start it.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Cheeseburgers will stop drop and roll if he's on fire.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Morter posted:

It's there. Just did it. Sprint seems a little weirder in this game. It is both 'tap to toggle' and 'hold to run/release to stop', seemingly depending on how long you press the key to start it.
yeah I really like the way the sprint works. It's hard to get used to at first but it gives you way more control. Solves the 'release w and stop briefly to cancel sprint when using toggle' thing.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Where can I find a...Lieutenant, I think it is.....? I'm not putting points into anything other than my holsters until I have my four weapons.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Anyone playing on Xbox and think the aiming feels way off, like maybe there is acceleration or something? Also the auto-aim feels like it is non-existent, had a really hard time hitting anything even in the intro sequence. Didn't have this problem with Far Cry 4.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Just cleared the first island. Game runs well, 30-40 FPS, on ultra settings on a GTX 960 and looks beautiful. The AI companions seem to hold their own in combat but I haven't seen much action yet. They seem to be able to sneak, at least from a distance. Hopefully they don't break your concealment too readily.

Early minor dialogue spoiler:
I cracked up when, while climbing the radio tower, Dutch called and said "Don't worry, I won't be having you climb towers all over the area."

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

This game is really fun and has a lot of fun dynamic moments. Gunplay is great, companions are a lot more fun and interesting than i thought, and there are still plenty of silly moments with regards to physics.

Solid 8/10 and steadily rising

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

TjyvTompa posted:

Anyone playing on Xbox and think the aiming feels way off, like maybe there is acceleration or something? Also the auto-aim feels like it is non-existent, had a really hard time hitting anything even in the intro sequence. Didn't have this problem with Far Cry 4.

Oh I hope this isn’t true. I’ve been waiting for this game but I hate it when this happens on consoles.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Blind Rasputin posted:

Oh I hope this isn’t true. I’ve been waiting for this game but I hate it when this happens on consoles.

I'm not sure what happened but I completed a mission and suddenly auto-aim works and it's really strong. The aiming still feels "off" somehow but at least I can hit enemies now.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Morter posted:

and there are still plenty of silly moments with regards to physics.
I had an "oh no!" moment when Boomer got hit head-on by a tractor and was shot spinning into the air for at least 50 feet. :ohdear:

A belly rub solved that problem though.

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018
I like the game a lot so far! Some of the story missions are awesome set pieces. I do wish ammo was cheaper and animals weren’t such insane bullet sponges. Maybe it’s a difficulty setting thing, but they take multiple clips to kill.

Evil Canadian posted:

yeah what the gently caress, like its just random chance you die on hard in the chase scene in the car.

gently caress this Ill turn it back on hard after this scene, its literally RNG on hard mode.

As a pro video game player I beat this tutorial mission on hard (after like 5 tries lmao what a bad sequence)

E: also, picking up a weapon only keeps it unlocked if you’re at a resistance level where you could’ve purchased it. Don’t be like me and lose your 50 cal :(

a_good_username fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 27, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a save/load function? I can't find it.

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

The Lone Badger posted:

Is there a save/load function? I can't find it.

It seems like you can just go back to a. Checkpoint.

Also enemy spawns are absurd. I’ll be standing somewhere and notice a cultist popped up and is about to execute someone like five feet from where I’ve been This whole time. And fighting near a road automatically turns into this insane melee slash cultist car pile up.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Grem posted:

Cheeseburgers will stop drop and roll if he's on fire.

cheeseburgers is a bear right?

ok im getting this game

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I have a spare Uplay key, any takers? Was thinking maybe $45?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Morter posted:

Can't you try some :airquote: oregano? :airquote:

Doesn't speed up time but it's something to do.

This game is good and cool.

Wait, how do you get that screen? I'm on ps4.
Also, how do you throw your shovel? I always chuck Dynamite while holding my shovel :downsgun:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

To throw shovel, have shovel readied, hold rightmouse (aim), then click leftmouse.

How do I see the description / stats for my weapons?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

Wait, how do you get that screen? I'm on ps4.
Also, how do you throw your shovel? I always chuck Dynamite while holding my shovel :downsgun:

In the weapons wheel there is a button for Utilities. To throw melee weapons, it's like Dead Island/Dying Light: have it in hand and then press the aim button.

Took out two dudes by throwing a branch at one and smashing my bat into the other dudes face. So fun.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

To throw shovel, have shovel readied, hold rightmouse (aim), then click leftmouse.

How do I see the description / stats for my weapons?

Sorry for double post, posting with phone:

The general shop, where you can customize, has stats and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
Holy gently caress I just had the part where the cult leader tells you about his first born daughter and I want to kill the gently caress out of this man.