Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

Wadow and kunshira? I’ve never seen either of these before and they don’t seem to be in the tier listing. Mostly just curious what the deal is with them, I’m still pulling in the hopes of getting a dark veritas/fryevia/one of the nier characters maybe.

I guess I forgot to mention I pulled 5* Roy, wadow, and kunshira on the latest reroll

New current featured gacha characters usually take a few days to be updated. I'd give it a couple more days.

That was a good get with the one Lotus Mage Fina. I'm sure you can get a better one eventually if you're not happy with it.

Bear in mind you will get a lot of Lapis through playing through the store, so you will probably draw something good sooner or later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
If it were me, I would stop there with CG Fina. The number of insane healers is much smaller than the number of good DPS units, and I was missing a top tier healer for a loooong time after I had good damage dealers. Plus CG Fina can be a damage dealer.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
hahah ... so apparently the prohibited word I was using was my goddamn user name "Lezard."

unbelievable. changed that, issue went away. Support desk was literally no help and I lost out on three days worth of friend point accumulation. This game is definitely big on the trolling.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Last night I decided to burn some of my 40 EX tickets (all 3* tickets) because if not now then when?

...it turns out, the EX tickets are where my 5* rainbow luck has been hiding:

Veritas of Water
Edge
Charie
Warrior of Light
Charlotte
Freya
Veritas of Fire #2
Freya
Xiao
Chizuru
Trance Terra #2 (In less than a week I've gone from 0 to 2 of these)
Faris
Terra
Rydia
Tellah
Ignus
Reberta #1
Maria
Amy
Golbez
:siren: Ayaka :siren: :neckbeard:

After pulling TTerra #2 or Reberta I started thinking "it'd be really nice to pull Ayaka or CG Fina from this but I have less chance of seeing either from a rainbow than I do from seeing a rainbow in the first place." :v:

Time to start rebuilding the ticket stockpile for... something. At this point I'm pretty well covered. My list of potential 7* units is now Aileen, TTerra, Rem, VoF, VoL, Freyvia, Queen, and maybe someone else I'm forgetting. Tanking has Wilhem(and mystera/wol), support has Rikku/9S/i.nichol and others, got Lunera for bardmode, got a lot of top tier physical chainers plus fryevia for hybrid and barb/tterra for magic, olive/VoF finishers (and a fixed dice TM), and now for healing I have Ayaka to replace Tilith (and a pair of Rems for when 7* comes out).

e: Guess I should actually spend the 538k raid coins from Tomb Raider now. God knows I need the XP, first Ayaka, then one of the TTerras, and I still need to finish Myserta and a couple others (inc Lara #2). I should probably enhance a TTerra as well...

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 26, 2018

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm stockpiling for a surprise Nier banner. We're kind of past the anniversary of it, but they're going to have to have one for 7* A2 and 2B eventually!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I'm still at zero TTs and zero mage DPS at all so congrats to you and your life

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

How the gently caress did I pull 3 wadows on a single reroll? Anyways, how does this look to you guys?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
As amazing as LM Fina is, you really don't want to live the no 5* chainer life.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

BGrifter posted:

Isn’t delita a decent chainer? I pulled her at 5*

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just go, Fina has all the DPS you want for early to mid content. The 5* chainers will eventually drop, especially with the rainbow drop rate increase we got before Christmas. A decent healer may never drop and you now have the best in the game that will last for as long as you play.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

On banner golds are never there when you want them but when you don't care it's all you loving pull :rolldice:

Knight Delita is pretty unspectacular for a 5* but he does have a chaining move: Commanding Blade. It's timing is a bit difference than most (9 frames apart) and it doesn't have a baked in imperil like other chainers (Orlandu). He's not great but not the worst of 5*s. Plus a Zidane and Lotus Fina aren't bad to start with (but if I'd been rerolling for days I'd be ready to start myself :v: )

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cartoon Man posted:

Just go, Fina has all the DPS you want for early to mid content. The 5* chainers will eventually drop, especially with the rainbow drop rate increase we got before Christmas. A decent healer may never drop and you now have the best in the game that will last for as long as you play.

I just keep thinking back to the pain and suffering of a certain someone on the Discord channel and cringe. It's entirely reasonable to expect a good 5* chainer would turn up before it became too huge an issue...

...but for that one poor bastard with bad luck on pulls it's a horrible life.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Bob NewSCART posted:

Isn’t delita a decent chainer? I pulled her at 5*

Delita is a guy. But yeah he’s a fine dude - not top tier but he’s a lot stronger than people give him credit for. I’d honestly say he’s one of the better starter guys for someone new to the game because he has a lightning imperil and can do lightning damage without needing a lightning weapon. Plus lb Fina is a top tier healer and is the inverse of Ayaka in the offensive options department (of which, inherently, Ayaka has 0).

For solely filling the role of healer there’s an argument to be made for Ayaka that slants pretty hard in her direction in 7* land. Fina basically gets an “aw I hosed up” button and some stats, while Ayaka gets shields and new combinations of debuff removal.

You could also argue lb Fina’s 7* upgrade is kind of lackluster just because she’s so overtuned and versatile to begin with.

E: ^ biske and I were the two biggest whiners (I used dual Setzer for 4 months and dual Ashe for probably that long too) and now I’m swimming in chainers. I don’t know that he’s swimming in them but I know he has DV and Barb because he cycles through them. It took a long time, but it did happen eventually.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 26, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I just keep thinking back to the pain and suffering of a certain someone on the Discord channel and cringe. It's entirely reasonable to expect a good 5* chainer would turn up before it became too huge an issue...

...but for that one poor bastard with bad luck on pulls it's a horrible life.

One way or another, this game will end up crushing your soul. We all have had that one banner that makes us scream...most of us have had two or three.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ugato posted:

E: ^ biske and I were the two biggest whiners (I used dual Setzer for 4 months and dual Ashe for probably that long too) and now I’m swimming in chainers. I don’t know that he’s swimming in them but I know he has DV and Barb because he cycles through them. It took a long time, but it did happen eventually.

It’s just a different philosophy on Gacha games I suppose.

The only time you ever have control over your pulls is the reroll phase, so I go hard for exactly what I want expecting to have below average luck on any future pulls. Then if I turn out to be average or a little lucky, I’m happy.

It’s entirely reasonable to expect a decent chainer within a few months of starting with Fina/Knight Delita, but god help anyone who low rolls into Lightning/Merc Ramza/Luneth/whatever as their first half dozen rainbows.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

It’s just a different philosophy on Gacha games I suppose.

The only time you ever have control over your pulls is the reroll phase, so I go hard for exactly what I want expecting to have below average luck on any future pulls. Then if I turn out to be average or a little lucky, I’m happy.

It’s entirely reasonable to expect a decent chainer within a few months of starting with Fina/Knight Delita, but god help anyone who low rolls into Lightning/Merc Ramza/Luneth/whatever as their first half dozen rainbows.

People be down on lightning, but you get a freebie now, and if you pull a second, even ignoring seven star, two lightning plus knight delita and lesbian fina is goddamn good and will go a long way.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Scrublord Prime posted:

On banner golds are never there when you want them but when you don't care it's all you loving pull :rolldice:

Knight Delita is pretty unspectacular for a 5* but he does have a chaining move: Commanding Blade. It's timing is a bit difference than most (9 frames apart) and it doesn't have a baked in imperil like other chainers (Orlandu). He's not great but not the worst of 5*s. Plus a Zidane and Lotus Fina aren't bad to start with (but if I'd been rerolling for days I'd be ready to start myself :v: )

Cartoon Man posted:

Like I said I’ve been spending maybe 20-30 minutes a day rerolling, and like grifter said, it’s one of if not the only part of these games that you can actually have some control over your RNG so I don’t mind at all. The rerolling process doesn’t bother me one bit so I don’t mind taking a little bit to get a crazy squad because I don’t mind the process in it of itself.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Two more questions actually; I don’t know if I just missed it or not but I didn’t see an answer to my earlier question about mana batteries and what that’s all about.

Also is there some reason people still reroll an account or whatever after they’ve already rolled their poo poo up? I can’t tell if all of the people and discussion about it is just for beginners or not.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Bob NewSCART posted:

Two more questions actually; I don’t know if I just missed it or not but I didn’t see an answer to my earlier question about mana batteries and what that’s all about.

Also is there some reason people still reroll an account or whatever after they’ve already rolled their poo poo up? I can’t tell if all of the people and discussion about it is just for beginners or not.

You can't transfer anything between accounts, but o guess some people like having multiples. I honestly couldn't care less. One soulless grindfest is enough for me.

Valth001
Jul 20, 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

In response to the question about mana batteries, I'd consider Lotus Mage Fina a mana battery based on her Manatopia skill since it restores mp to the party.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Spent the 10k lapis I had saved and got jaaaack poo poo. Since CG Fina doesn't seem to be in the cards, I figured I might as well kill Malboro without a healer, gently caress it.

Damage dealers were Trance Terra and a buddy TT, mine at about 1070 and theirs at 1150ish mag - I tried GLS and ran into some issues with the lower chain modifier on her chain, and Aileens just sucked rear end and required tons of support to do much slower damage. GLS was working though and I had the big guy at 1% with adds close to death when I mis-timed something crucial with my prior Mystea + Wilhem + Rikku setup I was using then. Wiped and got sad. Though I have tried this fight so many times since it came out that I have probably spent more than a thousand NRG on it. Kind of a slow learner for the mechanics I guess, though I've had a lot less trouble with everything else dang it.

For the final rematch, I benched Mystea in favor of Minfilia. It turned out I could gear for 30 dark resist on everybody, which nullifies most AOE damage before later turns. I used the table here to time the add kills. Wilhelm was amazing in this fight - Mechanical Heart and his innate heal upon guarding kept him close to 10k life at the end of his turns before any outside healing. Instead of Rikku, I used Marie with a Rikku's Pouch to debuff and provide stat resist and the main source of AOE healing with Love You All+2.

I still haven't enhanced Soliel and didn't want to grind crysts to do it "just" for this fight (I know she is theoretically useful in future 10-mans though, I plan to eventually). So I took my Ramza and he sang the whole time. Despite having had him awakened since that became possible this was my first time really using him in a truly hard fight and man I loved him. Never ran low on mana and even on turns where LYA+2 lapsed (depending on break timing one turn I think), his regen was enough to keep the team alive and well until the next turn when Marie would be able to again.

I got nervous that I wasn't doing enough damage early on to the big Malboro, but timing the adds dying was the last piece of the puzzle I hadn't clicked with before today. You can open up toward turn 16 and he starts going down quicker. I killed the sumbitch and got that whip and this materia I wanted for my Kunshira, who I love. Little dragon cat forever, screw healers who even needs healers. The bench, expeditions, and when I want Eiko I guess. :argh:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 27, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bob NewSCART posted:

How the gently caress did I pull 3 wadows on a single reroll? Anyways, how does this look to you guys?

That's a solid pull. Delita isn't the best chainer but he works and you can pair him with other knight delitas or pair with CG Fina friends. You can also chain Knight Delita with Orlandu by using Lightning Stab and there are a *lot* of high powered Orlandus around. You can add mine: 155,948,655

I have another 20 open spots if anyone else wants to add mine that's sitting at 1086atk currently. It'll go up a bit more as I finally get around to finishing some of Desch's TMRs. Not sure if/when I'll bother with an Excalibur II. Lack of a Prishe or Gilgamesh/Loren for their TMs sucks.

BGrifter posted:

CG Fina is a chainer, as is Knight Delita. :eng101:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Knight Delita was recently kicked off of one or two of the Top Five lists on the wiki... one of the physical damage ones. He'd still be there if not for the Nier ladies or Ang/Cupid Artemios/Prompto.

He's not terrible, and with Lotus Mage Fina you will be able to stick around till you get some decent 4* or even 5* base units.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He'd still be there if not for the Nier ladies or Ang/Cupid Artemios/Prompto.

I wish they would have a “non limited” grouping because the Nier units really screw with the rankings.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Knight Delita was recently kicked off of one or two of the Top Five lists on the wiki... one of the physical damage ones. He'd still be there if not for the Nier ladies or Ang/Cupid Artemios/Prompto.

He's not terrible, and with Lotus Mage Fina you will be able to stick around till you get some decent 4* or even 5* base units.

Pretty sure that's Delita not Knight Delita. After awakenings Delita is a top tier breaker. Knight Delita is to Delita what Merc Ramza is to Ramza.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Between CG Fina, Knight Delita, and free Lightning, you're going to be set for a long rear end time. Also the game should have given you a free 5* Ashe too right? She's pretty solid as well.

That team will get you through most of the story content. CG Fina's got some great DPS options on top of being a top tier healer. Keep this team. There are like 12 good to great chainers you could pull now and only 2 great healers.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

BGrifter posted:

Pretty sure that's Delita not Knight Delita. After awakenings Delita is a top tier breaker. Knight Delita is to Delita what Merc Ramza is to Ramza.

Nope. Knight Delita was top 5 physical damage (unenhanced) for a surprisingly long time. Like I said, he’s a lot better than people ever give him credit for.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Just got a 5* Emperor from the 250 lapis draw, how's he overall?

Also, would he be worth subbing in for any of this team?

5* Spellblade Cat
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
6* Aileen
4* Cecil/Mystea
4* Divine Soleil

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Oh boy, new rainbow on my 10+1!

...Jiraiya. I guess it's better than Dark Fina #7.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 27, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Spring bundle for 400 Lapis = lol.
It includes a ticket, an expansion voucher, a Cactaur, a key, and an elixir.

A pull is 250, an expansion voucher is 100.

Would you pay 50 Lapis for a Cactaur, key, and elixir?

NO!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Spring bundle for 400 Lapis = lol.
It includes a ticket, an expansion voucher, a Cactaur, a key, and an elixir.

A pull is 250, an expansion voucher is 100.

Would you pay 50 Lapis for a Cactaur, key, and elixir?

NO!

There is an argument to be made that a ticket is worth more than a daily pull as you can bank tickets for later banners, while the 250 pull is only once a day, and as such the most pulls you could do on a given banner are 7-14, with 7 being the more common amount as the daily banner tends to rotate each week. If you do 5k Lapis pulls this is a straight up better deal as you could buy this package 12 times and end up with 12 tickets, 200 Lapis, 12 vouchers, plus 12x of all the extra stuff.

It's not great but if you know you're going to need to buy slots soon, then it's not terrible. If you don't think you'll need the voucher then I'd say it's worth skipping. It's far better than the 1500 lapis package, that's for sure.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

BGrifter posted:

It was knight delita, not standard delita

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

April Fools from your pals at gumi!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/87ha6u/gl_news_maint_ffx_rerun_stag_moose_trial_more_329/

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

"We heard you wanted the FFX event because you missed out on summoner Eiko, so here's what you asked for!"

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Kumog posted:

Just got a 5* Emperor from the 250 lapis draw, how's he overall?

Also, would he be worth subbing in for any of this team?

5* Spellblade Cat
5* Blossom Sage Sakura
6* Aileen
4* Cecil/Mystea
4* Divine Soleil

Your BS Sakura is superior to Emperor, and she is more versatile. His role is magic damage with his signature fire-based stacking skill Fire From Below, compared to BS Sakura's lightning stacking skill.

Here are what I see as his pro's for your team:
If you max out his LB it gives the highest all element imperil at 64%, but that's only if you max out his LB.
He gets the fire/ice/lightning -ga spells at 5* lvl3, and I think there are some early story missions that require those spells.
His TMR is the best rod in the game, and you've already got two strong magic attackers who could use it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Bob NewSCART posted:

It was knight delita, not standard delita

They’re referring to the unit that appeared in the top 5.

Delita currently has the highest on-demand damage boosting breaks in the game when enhanced.

Knight Delita has the best tank armor for a TMR and does pretty good damage. But as I noted, even Knight Delita was top 5 in unenhanced physical damage for a while when he came out. He’s just not the best of the best, and since enhancements have come out he’s starting to lag a bit more behind.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Knight Delita has the best ATK/MAG break in the game at 64%, on par with Beatrix' LB number-wise but it costs 16 stones instead of her 20. Knight Delita also comes with an on-demand 40% ATK/MAG break, and I guess He can either help chain or finish on the side.

That break reduces incoming damage by 87%. It's loving insane. To put that into perspective, a 50% ATK/MAG break which you can find on a lot of units will reduce incoming damage by 75%. Knight Delita's LB break is twice as good as that.

You can think of it this way: Knight Delita brings a 50% ATK/MAG break and 50% all damage mitigation on top of that which doesn't count against other sources of damage mitigation/reduction your tanks will also put up. And he can keep it up pretty much perpetually since it's a 3-turn break. You just can't top that if you're looking to tank a fight, unless you really need a stronger ATK/MAG break than just 40% on turn 1.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Huh so my bonus 3 pull and 10 ticket netted me a ninja dude who sucks but I finally finally got me an Orlandu. I'm also sitting on a Titus and slowly awakening his stuff, so between the 2 who's the better option? Or should I roll with both of them once I awaken them and replace my onion knight? I'm currently using Explorer Eileen as my physical finisher so that would make my lineup something like

E.eileen, Titus, orlandu, lotus fina/Ayaka and then blossom or goth Sakura. Do either Titus or orlandu chain better than ok? OK seems to really only chain well with other onion Knights and I'm wondering if those other 2 are a little more universal

Man I've been lucking out hella good with rainbows lately

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Rainbow on my 10+1???

:D

Hello Seabreeze Dark Fina.

Could be worse, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Huh so my bonus 3 pull and 10 ticket netted me a ninja dude who sucks but I finally finally got me an Orlandu. I'm also sitting on a Titus and slowly awakening his stuff, so between the 2 who's the better option? Or should I roll with both of them once I awaken them and replace my onion knight? I'm currently using Explorer Eileen as my physical finisher so that would make my lineup something like

E.eileen, Titus, orlandu, lotus fina/Ayaka and then blossom or goth Sakura. Do either Titus or orlandu chain better than ok? OK seems to really only chain well with other onion Knights and I'm wondering if those other 2 are a little more universal

Man I've been lucking out hella good with rainbows lately

Tidus only really chains with himself for now, when 6* Camille gets here he'll have a chaining buddy.

Orlandeau chains with himself, Dark Veritas, and enhanced Agrias.

E: whoops thought I was editing this post in to the last one

• Locked thread