Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm drowning in purps

I just salvage them into shards tho so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Moola posted:

I'm drowning in purps

I just salvage them into shards tho so...

Destiny 2 is a game where you get tokens and duplicate guns, which you use to get more duplicate guns after you travel to the vendor and spend a bunch of time in your inventory, and then you log off.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
*nods knowingly*

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 is a game where you get tokens and duplicate guns, which you use to get more duplicate guns after you travel to the vendor and spend a bunch of time in your inventory, and then you log off.

You can’t even accidentally pull the trigger in the tower to remind yourself that the guns feel good

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'd love a shooting range on the tower

sometimes I get a purple gun and want to test if it feels good

but then I have to load into a planet to do that so instead I log off and play Vermintide

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
That implies I got a new gun out of an engram and not another duplicate lovely sidearm that I already know is a pile of poo poo

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Moola posted:

I'd love a shooting range on the tower

sometimes I get a purple gun and want to test if it feels good

In my community mythos, Bungie fucks this up and people manage to escape the shooting range with guns and murder people in the tower. Also, there's an XP loss for those deaths because Bungie.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Obsurveyor posted:

In my community mythos, Bungie fucks this up and people manage to escape the shooting range with guns and murder people in the tower. Also, there's an XP loss for those deaths because Bungie.

the following hotfix takes 2 months for bungo to make

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I started playing on Friday and as a new player, the game is really fun. I normally hate FPS games and I'm complete poo poo at it, but I'm enjoying myself. I think I just finished the main campaign, killing Ghaul, so ill see where that takes me now.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
we wanted to make getting your tenth better devils more interesting than the first

thanks bongo how'd that work out you loving morons

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Night Danger Moose posted:

I started playing on Friday and as a new player, the game is really fun. I normally hate FPS games and I'm complete poo poo at it, but I'm enjoying myself. I think I just finished the main campaign, killing Ghaul, so ill see where that takes me now.

The actual feeling of shooting dudes in this game, in isolation, is probably the best of any game around

There's a reason we are all broke brained idiots waiting for the game to be fixed

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
not just the guns!

the captain america shield super looks and feels rad as gently caress

gamefeel off the charts!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nice. Welcome! The Adventures in the EDZ and Nessus (The MIDA questline and Sturm & Drang) will get your level bumped pretty quickly if you need Story-related post-campaign content. Obviously there’s plenty of other stuff you can garden, but those are comparatively some huge boosts.

Any questions so far? If you blew through the campaign already you sound like you have a decent idea what you’re doing, I imagine you’re near level 20 at least.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 27, 2018

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Waffle House posted:

Nice. Welcome! The Adventures in the EDZ and Nessus (The MIDA questline and Sturm & Drang) will get your level bumped pretty quickly if you need Story-related post-campaign content. Obviously there’s plenty of other stuff you can garden, but those are comparatively some huge boosts.

Any questions so far? If you blew through the campaign already you sound like you have a decent idea what you’re doing, I imagine you’re near level 20 at least.

Thanks! I think I'm level 23, I logged off real quick last night and didn't check. My first question would be how to get one of those hoverbike things I keep seeing, they look a bit faster than sprinting. Otherwise I'll just keep exploring and checking out patrols and stuff. I did 2 strikes, those seem neat even though I didn't contribute much ha.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Thanks! I think I'm level 23, I logged off real quick last night and didn't check. My first question would be how to get one of those hoverbike things I keep seeing, they look a bit faster than sprinting. Otherwise I'll just keep exploring and checking out patrols and stuff. I did 2 strikes, those seem neat even though I didn't contribute much ha.

After beating ghaul, did you talk to all of the people in the Tower it directed you to? You get a Sparrow from a lady in the hangar.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

After beating ghaul, did you talk to all of the people in the Tower it directed you to? You get a Sparrow from a lady in the hangar.

I IDed my engrams and logged off, so no. I guess I'll be getting it tonight then! Thanks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

I IDed my engrams and logged off, so no. I guess I'll be getting it tonight then! Thanks.

You'll talk to like 6-9 people and they give you a ton of loot! If you'd finished the campaign below level 20 it also would've popped you up to that.

Actually I wonder if it'll pump you to 25, since bungie probably coded it all goofy like

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

When I spent my time with the game I thought all of the player/enemy animations, sound design and hit feedback during shooting was great. But actually fighting enemies wasn't as engaging as the light show made it seem, they all kinda stand still or walk slowly towards you, with a few enemy types that rush. Doesn't help that a lot of the environments feel boxy and static

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46708

im not quoting patch notes at you guys you can just go and read it

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You'll talk to like 6-9 people and they give you a ton of loot! If you'd finished the campaign below level 20 it also would've popped you up to that.

Actually I wonder if it'll pump you to 25, since bungie probably coded it all goofy like

It puts you at Level 20 regardless of what DLC you have.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Legs Benedict posted:

tldr: "We've made the game 15%-40% easier."

Orv
May 4, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

6v6 only in IB which we've actively made worse, because we are actually fruit bats and incapable of learning.

And an utterly bizarre half measure of removing the radar only in Comp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where are the nightfall drops

inb4 they're all useless armor skins lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where are the nightfall drops

inb4 they're all useless armor skins lmao

They are in the nightfall

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They finally increased sidearm ammo capacity thank god

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Patch notes look good. I’m ready for sidearms to be good at last.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Legs Benedict posted:

This is extremely underwhelming

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
what exactly were you expecting

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
6 vs 6 all the time

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Legs Benedict posted:

what exactly were you expecting

you're right

this is extremely whelming

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

6 vs 6 all the time

6 vs 6 Mayhem all the time, yes.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
My favorite part of the tiny, lovely inventory is that you need to use DIM to even make it vaguely manageable. And even then it's an endless battle against inventory size.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Stop hoarding garbage

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
hey the movement in this game is actually pretty good now

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Sooooo, the nightfall exclusive loot is 3 new weapons with the remaining 4 being ships, sparrow and ghost.

The strike exclusive items are nowhere near as distinct or unique-looking as Destiny 1's strike exclusive items either. You won't be finding any Theosylon Vibrissae, Arc Flayer Mantles, Thaniks Hoods or Hood of Maloks here.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
SOURCE. YOUR. QUOTES.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

SOURCE. YOUR. QUOTES.

Always shade grown fair trade organic quotes

Moola
Aug 16, 2006