Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I’d love a clown costume with bright colours and squeaky shoes as a challenge thing. Give an achievement for Clown Chicken Dinner too.

Just replace 1/10 of ghillie suits with it. Even better if the inventory icon is identical to the ghillie suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Elentor posted:

The easiest way to code it is that the weapons all show their stock skin on ground and that when equipped you and others see the skin that you have equipped. This may or may not reduce introducing a variable for dropped items depending on the architecture, but it should be by far the easiest solution to code.

This is how it's gonna be. There's way less for the server to keep track of that way.

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
People sure complain a lot about this game that they enjoy.

I like Miramar. And lack of cover usually is not an issue if you utilize small hills and such in your favor.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would like miramar if it were 100% identical but just snow themed and overcast. deserts are always awful

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I think Miramar is awesome. I think it has better options for cover than Erangel. I do not enjoy the tree peeking game.

e: My opinion should be prefaced with the fact that I am a terrible player with a K/D of probably less than 1, so my opinion may be worth poop.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I have an easier time finding vehicles on miramar, the map isn't terrible but there's a lot of weird empty space that is boring to trudge through when you get unlucky and have no vehicle.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

oddium posted:

i would like miramar if it were 100% identical but just snow themed and overcast. deserts are always awful

it's true that desert maps always stink. i always loathed those tilesets in blizz rts.

csidle posted:

I think Miramar is awesome. I think it has better options for cover than Erangel. I do not enjoy the tree peeking game.

this is also true. tree peeking blows.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I miss 8 person already.

I find that if I'm not a sniper on Miramar I am getting sniped which is boring

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
I like Russia.
I like Mexico.

Both are good places to shoot people. They offer different things, but they are both reasonably good concepts.

The one let down in Mexico is that the play zones often don't go to the edges where there are great set pieces to fight among...or at least I imagine they would be.

I love that driving is harder in Mexico because it means being a good driver sets you apart. You can catch up to bad drivers, watch them crash, they move slower - all the better for shooting them, instead of watching them hoon past to the next set of cover fighting.

The van is great. So is the Bronco. They serve different purposes. One is meant to be used to travel where ever you want across all terrain, the other is meant to be a consequence for making bad decisions and leads to opportunities of engagement with other players. A good thing.

In Russia you tend to have more crazy car death races, hanging out of the window guns blazing. You can also sneak around in the trees and bushes, snaking unsuspecting victims that run past you.

Maybe you are missing out on some of the fun elements of either map because you are too concerned with what it lacks or that it doesn't pander to your play style. Try different approaches.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.
I wish Miramar had some sort of terrain feature like waterways and bridges. Maybe like a train that runs around the map. And if you are lucky enough to catch the train you can control it and defend it. If the map is going to be landlocked, it might as well use the edges of the map for something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

instead of 8x8 miramar should be 6x3 and have a series of 5 control points evenly spaced throughout the length. also instead of 100 people it should be two teams of 12

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It took me until someone explicitly said it to realize there are different guns on the two maps. I wonder if the new one will have new guns.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

drunken officeparty posted:

It took me until someone explicitly said it to realize there are different guns on the two maps. I wonder if the new one will have new guns.

I think this is true for maybe 2-3 guns like the DP and 1894, but otherwise they are the same, the couple guns I've noticed that do not appear on the other map are generally bad imo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

csidle posted:

e: My opinion should be prefaced with the fact that I am a terrible player with a K/D of probably less than 1, so my opinion may be worth poop.

i also enjoy miramar more, i played so much on erangel that im just bored of it and miramar is different enough to keep my attention and also be fun

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MF_James posted:

I think this is true for maybe 2-3 guns like the DP and 1894, but otherwise they are the same, the couple guns I've noticed that do not appear on the other map are generally bad imo

DP-28 and Nagant are Erangel only, Rhino, Sawn off and Win94 are Miramar only.

DP-28 should really be on Miramar because the engagement distance is so much longer and you can actually take advantage of the bipod.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Ah man, is 8-man dead already? That was a blast.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Miramar is fine, but too big. I'm excited for the new small map, sometimes I just want a quick game to shoot people.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Party Plane Jones posted:

DP-28 and Nagant are Erangel only, Rhino, Sawn off and Win94 are Miramar only.

DP-28 should really be on Miramar because the engagement distance is so much longer and you can actually take advantage of the bipod.

DP-28 should definitely be on Miramar because shredding vehicles from a million miles away with super plentiful and largely useless ammo is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wish the AKM was competitive with the M4 just so 5.56 ammunition wasn't at such a premium.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Star Man posted:

I wish the AKM was competitive with the M4 just so 5.56 ammunition wasn't at such a premium.

It's bizarre that there's no higher tier AK-style assault rifle in the game. Hell, fudge the numbers and stick in the AN-94 so I can get that sweet double-shot going.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Mordja posted:

It's bizarre that there's no higher tier AK-style assault rifle in the game. Hell, fudge the numbers and stick in the AN-94 so I can get that sweet double-shot going.

It's coming.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Just make it so the AK can use more attachments. It could use the buff.

I don't give a gently caress if it's realistic.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I don't mind that the M4 is the best general purpose weapon in the game, but the only thing that remotely compares to it is the SCAR, and it's not uncommon to use both of those guns at the same time. There needs to be a 7.62 weapon that can compete with the M4 that doesn't come out of a crate. It just seems like that un a sqiad, everyone is looking for 5.56 because we've all found a SCAR or M4 and we're all picking up a tactical stock to save when we manage to find an M4 of our own.

An AK-74 that can have as many attachments as the SCAR would be perfect.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

attachments are part of the problem but the big issue is the velocity of 7.62rounds is too slow to be as all around useful as an m4/m16/scar

the fact that i can dick ppl up close with an m4 then pop an 8x on it and be just as deadly out to 500 meters is a balance problem for the devs

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, if the 7.62 weapons were better at short ranges there would be some sort of balance to your loadout, but they just are bad at all ranges. The only 7.62 gun I will use on purpose anymore is the Kar98, and even then only on stationary targets, the M4/Scar are just too good for all situations. The AK has way too much recoil even with a compensator, and sure you can try to pull down to counter it, or you could just use an M4 and have near zero recoil.

It makes sense to have the M4 be the best overall AR, as it requires the most attachments. But it shouldn't be the best at EVERYTHING, give me a reason to pick up an AK in some games besides my team being low on 5.56. And lets not even talk about how pointless the SKS and Mini are right now.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Does the AK do more damage/bullet than its NATO counterparts?

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Mordja posted:

Does the AK do more damage/bullet than its NATO counterparts?

As of the most recent data-mining I'm aware of it does 7 more damage per shot than the 5.56 ARs (48 vs 41). For reference the 5.56 ARs do 6 more damage per shot than the Ump (41 vs 35).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They should bring in the G3 or FAL

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

hawowanlawow posted:

They should bring in the G3 or FAL

The FAL is the next gun in development, probably next patch

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sks and mini are considered bad guns?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

also the FG42 would be a cool 7.62 gun, seeing as it was the same caliber as the kar98k

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Mini got nerfed fairly hard, it's basically the M16 again in all but name now (with 8x and less ammo). SKS is 'better' but you do really need to have a comp on it.

Crate weapons are leagues above the other 7.62 guns. DP-28 is sort of viable except you definitely have to either be stationary or prone because the bloom is hellish.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 27, 2018

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Mini got nerfed fairly hard, it's basically the M16 again in all but name now (with 8x and less ammo).

At least the M16 can fire quickly. The fire rate nerf to the Mini made it feel useless in close range and even pretty limiting at medium range. The 8x is the only real advantage it has, and that's just not enough draw to get me to use a bad gun.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I think Mirimar is a harder map, especially with regards to getting around and making it to the next circle. If you wait till the last moment to leave a town and head to the white circle, you are going to die for sure. Erangal is definitely way easier to get around on and the buildings are much safer to hide in. Buildings in Mirimar are deathtraps and you really want to be up on the hills. Its just a more punishing map overall.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

The real solution is to drop more .45 so I can keep running around and chainsawing nerds in half with the Vector and an extended mag.

Best use for the tactical stock.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack B Nimble posted:

Sks and mini are considered bad guns?

I'll use a megazorded SKS but I'll really only use the mini if it's my only option.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Hypnolobster posted:

The real solution is to drop more .45 so I can keep running around and chainsawing nerds in half with the Vector and an extended mag.

Best use for the tactical stock.

I don't like being forced to use a vector, but it's pretty useful when people throw themselves at you on the mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRVP-F-aMU

Watch until the end for the LOL ending because I'm a dummy and waited too long/went the wrong way.

Edit: In other news, whatever Bluehole's doing to combat the hacking (ping/region locking, not having employees leaking source code to hackers, etc.) seems to be working.

I go back and forth between FPP and TPP because I enjoy both and have different groups who have a preference for playing one or the other, but I played the vast majority of my games in Season 2 in FPP mostly because 90% of the TPP games ended in ridiculous hacker deaths, but in Season 3 I played something like 200 TPP rounds and ran into an obvious hacker maybe once or twice. Big improvement.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 27, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

M4 needs a serious nerf because once you put it on someone, you can just keep clicking and never miss.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

BCRock posted:

I don't like being forced to use a vector, but it's pretty useful when playing TPP and you can see through a rock on the mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FRVP-F-aMU

Fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea that video reminded me why I don't play 3pp.