Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

bob dobbs is dead posted:

particularly unsophisticated single-celled organisms
steelers fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

metabolic system is a thermodynamic process inasmuch as computers are thermodynamic processes

viz. they are, but that's not the whole story. there's signalling and weirdo bugs and poo poo

"computers are just heaters, energy in and energy out" is true only for buttcoin asics, "metabolisms are just heaters, energy in and energy out" is true only for particularly unsophisticated single-celled organisms

This doesn't negate the fact that burning 2200 calories a day while eating 4500 calories a day is going to make you fat as gently caress.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

all of the artisanal panera places stick a slice of ham on an entire loaf of bread

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

ah, the classic "pittsburgh sundae"

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

you should just eat rear end because it's very low in caloric content

a zero calorie snack

Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

FMguru posted:

I think you mean "Sandusky Special"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Significant Ant posted:

I think you mean "Sandusky Special"

sundaesky

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

You're missing the point again:Energy is energy and weight gain or loss comes down to calories in and calories out. Those calories are the same whether you get them from Whole Foods or from Arby's.

this is the "i dont see race" of nutrition

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

A calorie is a calorie. Power is power.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
clearly we should all switch to soylent

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i bought a pack of canned tuna from the costco and ive been making tuna melts for lunch for the past few weeks and its good

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the hokum around "clean eating" and cleanses and toxins is annoying and even harmful but going in the complete opposite direction and trying to define everything in the sense of All Calories Are Equal is equally stupid and unhelpful and wrong

Apr 7, 2003

my bitter bi rival posted:

McDonald's is perfectly fine and people who claim it makes them sick are actually just engaging in classism.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

McDonald's is perfectly fine and people who claim it makes them sick are actually just engaging in classism.

ok. i eat fast food too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cool story m8

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

i think maybe the supplement industry hasn't been disrupted (much) yet because it is already a cesspool of voodoo and horseshit that has no oversight

Apr 7, 2003

I missed McRib last year and I'm still pissed.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaman Linavi posted:

i think maybe the supplement industry hasn't been disrupted (much) yet because it is already a cesspool of voodoo and horseshit that has no oversight

im just glad supplements for gamers are a t hing now https://www.chaosandpain.com/Pwnd-Gamerz-Aggro

Apr 7, 2003

Gotta carb load for fortnite

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im just glad supplements for gamers are a t hing now https://www.chaosandpain.com/Pwnd-Gamerz-Aggro

good url

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

here's another good url i was thinking about last night https://usa.clutchchairz.com/product/pewdiepie-edition-throttle-series/

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol. i've never actually seen the source material.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Gotta carb load for fartnite

yeah same.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Butt posted:

That said, no poo poo 1000 calories of protein is more filling. But 1000 calories of either at the end of the day represents the same weight gain potential.

it represents the same "potential" in that 200 megajoules of gasoline or 200 megajoules of paraffin wax represent the same energy "potential." but if you pour wax into your gas tank your car will not run.

if you eat 1000 calories of celery you will probably have massive poops and not gain as much weight as if you drink 1000 calories of liquid glucose because your digestive system is much better at extracting the energy from the glucose.

also it is physically plausible that you could drink the glucose while 1000 calories of celery is 150 stalks so you couldn't consume that much in the first place.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

hifi posted:

here's another good url i was thinking about last night https://usa.clutchchairz.com/product/pewdiepie-edition-throttle-series/

lmao https://usa.clutchchairz.com/product-category/wwe-chairs/

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

it represents the same "potential" in that 200 megajoules of gasoline or 200 megajoules of paraffin wax represent the same energy "potential." but if you pour wax into your gas tank your car will not run.

if you eat 1000 calories of celery you will probably have massive poops and not gain as much weight as if you drink 1000 calories of liquid glucose because your digestive system is much better at extracting the energy from the glucose.

also it is physically plausible that you could drink the glucose while 1000 calories of celery is 150 stalks so you couldn't consume that much in the first place.

iawtp

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Jonny 290 posted:

you can buy those double wall vacuum tubes cheap on ebay and if you plug one end and fill it with water and just put it outside on a sunny day it'll be boiling in a few minutes, even in winter. really cool

with a reflector/concentrator, this also turns out to be a great way to do solar cooking

we got the yuppie model (GoSun), which is vaguely tech bubble in that it was crowdfunded

we take it to some friends down the block who have a pool along with random frozen snacks and all hang out in the pool, drink beer, and eat samosas and taquitos and stuff

makes for a great lazy afternoon

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i'm going to eat sausage pasta and a salad tonight

hmm, or i could eat a few sticks of butter cause calories are calories! :iamafag:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tori is worse than stymie and fishmech combined and y'all are replying

smdh

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Tori is equally stupid and unhelpful and wrong

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

Yeah I defy anyone here to try to gain weight eating nothing but lean protein, rice, and veggies with only some spices for flavor.

If you fry the chicken and cover it in honey mustard and cover the broccoli in cheese and butter that's a different story

Lol @ this post. "my favorite foods are the only thing you should eat!!"

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

the hokum around "clean eating" and cleanses and toxins is annoying and even harmful but going in the complete opposite direction and trying to define everything in the sense of All Calories Are Equal is equally stupid and unhelpful and wrong

when it comes to grossly overeating, they the same

and that's the situation in pretty much all developed countries in space year 2018

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i actually kinda want to see someone get real fat by eating nothing but raw protein now

like would they die first? would their fat be different in a measurable way?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

calorie chat sucks give me the zucc

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

calorie chat sucks give me the zucc

i mean it's just the same thing every day with him, he's collecting information and is a robot and nothing will change that in any meaningful way for a while, yawn

but like, what if you ate nothing but ham?? what if that???

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

i actually kinda want to see someone get real fat by eating nothing but raw protein now

like would they die first? would their fat be different in a measurable way?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
you gotta have some fat, but if u can do low fat/carbs + mostly protein you'll lose weight like crazy.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's really remarkable the logical pretzels people will twist themselves into to deny the truth of the simple concept "you should eat less food"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

FMguru posted:

lol

gotta have the classic

fishmech posted:

*citizen tayne wets the bed* ah you see this is actually a tradition called the pittsburgh toilet it's very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
a vision of your future, only the guy on the stage is in a cube in banglore and the car is an uber running down pedestrians in san fran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpuZ05k5ewQ