Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I noticed that in the announcement article. FFG have had some goofy loving sculpts in Imperial Assault, but Legion is supposed to be better.

That is... not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

blade runner miniatures game? :\

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Possible that they just don't want to pay Harrison Ford for his likeness, and thus we get a duff model.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Synthbuttrange posted:

blade runner miniatures game? :\

Worse.

Firefly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

LashLightning posted:

Possible that they just don't want to pay Harrison Ford for his likeness, and thus we get a duff model.

I'm pretty sure Disney have the rights to Harrison Ford's likeness as Han Solo in Star Wars. It's not like the card art sucks balls.

And the are the license holders.

It's just a poo poo mini. Even the IA Solo is better. It's a little derpy but it's recognisable when painted.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
The minis are the main thing preventing me from getting into Legion. Star Wars skirmish Combat would be right up my alley otherwise.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
The other minis are great, tbh. The airspeeder and at st are amazing. The rebels are great.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LashLightning posted:

You're right, clearly they didn't want to use Harrison Ford's likeness

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I'm generally liking what I see for legion, it is a Squad/vehicle based game so I'm OK with the troopers not being individual jewel like objects of wonder.

The main characters do however need to be a good likeness of the iconic characters.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Hustlin Floh posted:

You're right, clearly they didn't want to use Harrison Ford's likeness

"Images on packaging" could be treated differently than actual product in his labyrinth of a contract deal? I was just offering it as a possibility. :shrug:

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I dont think thats the issue in this case (because gently caress, is there anything han solos face HASNT appeared on at this point?), but likeness rights can be screwy. Thunder Castle Games had the license to make the officially licensed CCG of Highlander. They had the rights to the TV shows and the Movies, and the card art was stills from the shows/movies. But for a long time sean connerys face didnt appear on any card art at all. I think there was like 2 cards with his shoulder or hand in frame, but that was about it. Apparently there was something about his image rights in particular, and they had to negotiate with him separately (they did eventually put out a "ramirez" set with his face on some cards, but then the game died).

As I say I doubt thats the issue here, disney has literal platoons of lawyers who make sure their licensing rights and contracts are locked down *tight* and thunder castle games by all accounts I've heard were slightly less organised and professional (being a CCG company in the boom of the 90's).

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LashLightning posted:

"Images on packaging" could be treated differently than actual product in his labyrinth of a contract deal? I was just offering it as a possibility. :shrug:

Just funnin' ya, pal. Might as well dehumanize yourself and face to lovely models.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Worse.

Firefly.

i know nerds like firefly for whatever reason but it's 2018. time to move on with your lives

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i know nerds like firefly for whatever reason but it's 2018. time to move on with your lives

Same but Star Wars. It's been 33 years since the last movie came out guys (1985's Battle For Endor) it's time to move on, there's never going to be new content.

:shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Eh, I feel like Firefly nerds are a special kind of insufferable, because most star wars nerds gave up about 10 years ago

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Iron Crowned posted:

Eh, I feel like Firefly nerds are a special kind of insufferable, because most star wars nerds gave up about 10 years ago

At least the Firefly namegen is occasionally interesting?

Because it's literally a Western, and the crew are literally escaped ACW Confederates, so it makes weird old-tymey names?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Schadenboner posted:

At least the Firefly namegen is occasionally interesting?

Because it's literally a Western, and the crew are literally escaped ACW Confederates, so it makes weird old-tymey names?

i think people are coming full circle on star wars. they went from kids liking movies, to canon-obsessed hyper nerds, to hating it, to liking it ironically, and finally to liking it in a normal, non-nerd way

well some people

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i think people are coming full circle on star wars. they went from kids liking movies, to canon-obsessed hyper nerds, to hating it, to liking it ironically, and finally to liking it in a normal, non-nerd way

well some people

Can you imagine what would happen if some rear end in a top hat decided to make a Star Wars minis game (complete with blobby, poorly-sculpted attempts at representing some of the most famous/recognizable actors of the past 50 years*)?

*: For example, Harrison Ford: famed for his searing, heart-rending portrayal of a marooned pilot in 1998's Best Picture-winning Six Days, Seven Nights.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 28, 2018

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Nebalebadingdong posted:

well some people

If you liked Rogue One, you're whats wrong with north american culture.

The others are entirely ok blockbuster action movies, but nerds have raised star wars up to such a weird level.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Firefly will never go away because it combines space opera with libertarianism.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

moths posted:

Also, the creepy fetishization of the semi-autistic child River Tam.

Team Kaylee

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

The others are entirely ok blockbuster action movies, but nerds have raised star wars up to such a weird level.

rogue one was incredible, nerd

moths posted:

the show was really boring but i still liked the movie

yes

in conclusion

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

I liked Rogue One, but only because everybody dies. But I'm not going to deny that it could have been a much better movie.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Don't loving talk about Firefly in this thread you gross weirdos

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Im the shawl

E: Also

Improbable Lobster posted:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 28, 2018

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Those are some extremely weird looking hobbits.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

I agree with these.

tooth APC thing will give me nightmares but please post more.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

How many hundreds of dollars did this monstrosity cost to build?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wrong thread, seizure-frog-guy.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

why the gently caress would you build something like this and not paint it?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Nebalebadingdong posted:

why the gently caress would you build something like this and not paint it?

We don't know that he didn't. It could be a work-in-progress photo.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Atlas Hugged posted:

We don't know that he didn't. It could be a work-in-progress photo.

im gonna go with "yeah right"

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
https://twitter.com/yves_the_cat/status/976749092478111744

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
:v: Holy poo poo, wait until I show the guys at the club this fukkin sw8 thing I'm building!

:reject: Ugh, why isn't that painted?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
There's a dude who regularly posts on the MWG forums building one that's even bigger. IIRC, he's already got over $1800 in bits in the thing. For what loving purpose I have no clue.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ilor posted:

There's a dude who regularly posts on the MWG forums building one that's even bigger. IIRC, he's already got over $1800 in bits in the thing. For what loving purpose I have no clue.

I just hope they aren't expecting any return on their investment

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

By which abominations alchemycal has thou a catte which hath not an bodee?

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

L-R, in my head
"Typical quality at a game store. Shepard looks wonky, but no worse that heroclix mini. Ah, Kay- dear god what the gently caress happened to you?!"