Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What device are you using to play those games on PlayStation Now? I’m on a PS4 can’t cannot get them (Could it be because I’m in the EU?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah they aren't on the EU PS Now which is pretty poo poo.

People in Onomichi want convenience store food for substories but there are no convenience stores in this stupid town, so I'm gonna have to stuff a bunch of sushi and bento boxes in my pockets and walk around with them for a couple of days before I come back.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

History Comes Inside! posted:

People in Onomichi want convenience store food for substories but there are no convenience stores in this stupid town, so I'm gonna have to stuff a bunch of sushi and bento boxes in my pockets and walk around with them for a couple of days before I come back.

Mmm-mmm, artisianly aged sushi.

This quest drove me crazy, because the guy asks for a pork bento, but what he wants is a tonkatsu bento, and I completely blanked on tonkatsu being pork. I only found it by going on a circuit of Kamurocho and buying every single food item in case some idiot wants something stupid. No, it's just the two idiots.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
He specifically asks for a tonkatsu bento, you just blanked on what he asked for :ssh:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Caitlin posted:

He specifically asks for a tonkatsu bento, you just blanked on what he asked for :ssh:

Oops.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

If it makes you feel better I still didn't actually give him that drat bento until nearly the end of the game because I would keep forgetting to dig up exactly which conbini I could actually buy that specific bento at :toot:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm at the final chapter of Kiwami where you are able to clean up the rest of the substories before the final stretch. I have been totally ignoring the Majima Everywhere....can I still complete the Dragon fighting style at this point or were some of the Majima fights time sensitive to particular chapters?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Housh posted:

I'm at the final chapter of Kiwami where you are able to clean up the rest of the substories before the final stretch. I have been totally ignoring the Majima Everywhere....can I still complete the Dragon fighting style at this point or were some of the Majima fights time sensitive to particular chapters?

The only thing time-sensitive about Majima Everywhere is more how often you were allowed to progress.

Chapter 2 stops you before Rank G To Rank F Majima, Chapter 4 stops you before Rank C To Rank B Majima, and Chapter 8 stops you before Rank B to Rank A Majima.

Chapter 10 (if I'm reading the only guide on Kiwami right) is the point you can just grind all of Majima (and Komaki, don't forget Komaki Tiger Drop please).

widespread fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 27, 2018

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

widespread posted:

Chapter 10 (if I'm reading the only guide on Kiwami right) is the point you can just grind all of Majima (and Komaki, don't forget Komaki Tiger Drop please).
Oh yeah Komaki! I'm sure I still have access to him. Might as well grind it out to get another week out of the game before I finish. Closes the gap until I get 6.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I took Majima Everywhere from rank B to SSS and maxed out Dragon style in an afternoon, it's daunting to look at and some of the "has to be this specific Majima spawned" ones were kind of frustrating but ultimately pretty straightforward.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Everybody’s Idol Majima was the worst as the fucker hardly ever spawns

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm nearly at S-Rank and I still need to find just regular Breaker Majima wandering around :shepface: 90% of the times I see him he's leaping out of a garbage can in breaker stance, but Suddenly Majima doesn't count

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So loving pumped for Yakuza 6

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

"Oh Yuki, you're so awkward and nobody likes you!" *Yuki effortlessly bilks $500,000 out of a rich dude.*

Majima is really giving those girls a poo poo deal, seeing as they frequently earn him tens of thousands of dollars in a single night.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

CrashScreen posted:

3rding 0.

Honestly, I know it's a game, but that minigame made me feel pretty uncomfortable. It's too real and too awkward.

e: I've just learned that the localisation for Kiwami 2 will have the original licensed music. I think this is a first since the PS2 games, right?

They sneaked For Faith into US Yakuza 4 during the game installation. But I think that may have been some weird oversight because IIRC it was said officially the game wouldn't have the licensed stuff and the in-game intro just uses one of the generic tracks like US 3 and 5.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 28, 2018

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Batting centre substory challenge is bullshit.

It wants 5 HRs in a row out of 10 balls. So I can do 8 HRs in the set but if 5 of them aren't all in a row no dice! :suicide:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

There's actually a very consistent pattern to them. Remember how the first 5 move and then just keep the reticle on the square you're expecting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Oh yeah I can hit every single one of them for a home run, just not consistently 5 in a row because that would be too easy. I just knock out varying combinations of 4 in a row throughout the sequence.

It's a pretty poo poo way to set the challenge up because if you blow anything after the 5th pitch you can't make it anyway.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

By the way, I just want to mention that Tachibana is a really great character and I was super bummed when he died. Before getting to see his sister even :(. I'm playing Kiwami now, and I hope that the remake threw in some mention of Tachibana, because it's pretty implausible that Kiryu would just forget about someone who had such an important role in his first big "adventure."

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, I just want to mention that Tachibana is a really great character

I thought that said Tanimura for a second, which made reading the spoiler very confusing

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just preordered Yakuza 6 drinking glasses edition crew :cheers:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

man nurse posted:

Just preordered Yakuza 6 drinking glasses edition crew :cheers:

:hfive: Insanely hyped for this even if we played through a chunk of the game via the demo. We even got a bottle of Hibiki to break in the glasses with.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I was thinking of getting a bottle for the special occasion too. I can only find Hibiki Harmony near me. Never tried it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It just occurred to me that I have a bottle of Yamazaki that I bought years ago because I drank it in Yakuza. That's what I'll drink in mine.

Also, I've literally never been more excited for a special edition for a game.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Good ol’ Yakuza. Encouraging drinking Japanese whiskey with on-brand ice glasses.

I need my own bottle too, I just realized.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I wish Yamazaki wasnt so expensive these days, I remember buying a 12yr for like $45 years ago. It is so loving good with Coke.

The cheaper Toki line is pretty decent but it has a bit of the peat that the Hakushu has, which I'm not a huge fan of. The GF loves it tho so I always have a couple bottles around.

Havent tried any of the non-Suntory whiskeys but I really should one of these days.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I never had a Hibiki I didn't like, but Yamazaki excellent also if you can't find the former (the 12/17/etc. Hibiki will be sold out pretty often at a lot of places because it owns). If you want to go cheaper the ones that just have the Suntory label on them are good too. Basically nothing on this page is bad but get something a lot cheaper if you're not sure what you'd like:
https://whisky.suntory.com/en/na/products/

And if you're living in the bubble........

http://liquorama.net/suntory-the-yamazaki-mizunara-18-year-old-single-malt-japanese-whisky-750ml.html

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm 3 years sober so I'll probably just put Diet Coke in mine :unsmith:

Just hit the start of chapter 12, I can't decide if I want to take my foot off the gas and wrap up as much as possible or if I want to just burn through the story to finish it up and save all the side content for a second play-through when my physical copy arrives.

Or just do it all in both play-throughs, that's always a third option. I've already done a fair number of substories/troublr missions so it's not like I'm saving myself a huge amount of content. Maybe if I'm really lucky the save will be compatible, although I'm not holding my breath since it didn't pick up the save from the EU demo.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm 3 years sober so I'll probably just put Diet Coke in mine :unsmith:

Hey. You.

Nice job!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For real. I'd drink a glass of milk out of the glasses if I'd preordered that edition.

Drink what you like, the glass is the attraction.:cool:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
y'all assuming the glasses will come intact.

i've been calling it the "box of broken glass edition" for months now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

mikeycp posted:

I'm uh, sure they're packaged adequately.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

mikeycp posted:

IIRC the reason for the delay was "issues with the special edition" so I'm assuming they already had a batch that was cracked right out of wherever they were packed and we'll hopefully be okay.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope the ice stones don’t give me cancer.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
I hope that's not single malt you're mixing with coke.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I don't know what I'm gonna beeline for first, the cat cafe or Club Sega.

I will of course be S-ranked in all stats thanks to RIZAP demo grinding

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't know what I'm gonna beeline for first, the cat cafe or Club Sega.

I will of course be S-ranked in all stats thanks to RIZAP demo grinding

I think you only need 180 Attack to learn Tiger Drop, which seems to be what you got right now. Have fun Tiger Dropping literally everyone come April 17th.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Adaptabullshit posted:

I hope that's not single malt you're mixing with coke.

I derive great pleasure ordering Yamazaki in expensive bars with Coke.

I do want to try it with soda water at aome point though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

abagofcheetos posted:

I wish Yamazaki wasnt so expensive these days, I remember buying a 12yr for like $45 years ago. It is so loving good with Coke.

The cheaper Toki line is pretty decent but it has a bit of the peat that the Hakushu has, which I'm not a huge fan of. The GF loves it tho so I always have a couple bottles around.

Havent tried any of the non-Suntory whiskeys but I really should one of these days.

I think I bought my bottle of 12 year for 60 maybe 3 years ago, and now it's 85. The closest stores to me that carry it now are 45 minute drives or more, and the only store in the state that apparently carries Hibiki is on the other side of it, so good thing I still have my stuff.

e: Haha, holy poo poo, Yamazaki is over $100 a bottle in Delaware. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was really nervous about playing Kiwami after all I had heard about it, but I've been enjoying it! Yakuza still rules. I hope Kiryu and his boyfriend Nishiki can make up after all this. It's def still a remake of a PS2 game but maybe I'm just simpleminded as I'll never not enjoy bouncing couches off a dude's head and dropping kicking fools.

I'm still a bit burnt out from doing all of the Real Estate/Cabaret stuff and over half of the substories from 0 last summer, is there anything in Kiwami that's that level of importance? If someone told me they beat 0 without really touching Real Estate/Cabaret, I'd feel they missed a large chunk of content. I'm still doing substories as I run into them and engaging with Majima Everywhere as they happen, but I'm kinda looking to mainline this one a bit more.