Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I was not aware that the bush contained a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4JVvFqmyh4

My favorite part is how he seems completely stupefied and doesn't think to lool behind him when I approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Jack B Nimble posted:

Sks and mini are considered bad guns?

The SKS and Mini are okay at medium range and pretty bad at everything else. They're pretty pointless if you can find a decent AR.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

csidle posted:

I was not aware that the bush contained a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4JVvFqmyh4

My favorite part is how he seems completely stupefied and doesn't think to lool behind him when I approach.

This is both painful and liberating to watch.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Did they add wind?

First game since patch, I was aiming for Pecado highrise and my chute pulled hard east. It was either a control glitch or wind.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Accretionist posted:

Did they add wind?

First game since patch, I was aiming for Pecado highrise and my chute pulled hard east. It was either a control glitch or wind.

This happens to me a lot. It's always near the ground and usually if I've been going for distance.

Seems like it's the server having no idea where you are.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the guy shroud plays with a lot calls it "wind chill" for some reason

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I'd be down with them adding wind and MOA. Makes sniping a bit harder, and also cuts into what makes the 5.56 ARs so dominant.

Honestly, I'd like to see less AR availability in general. Mix it up with some of the more unusual weapon types instead of all loadouts being AR + long/short range backup.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Appoda posted:

I'd be down with them adding wind and MOA. Makes sniping a bit harder, and also cuts into what makes the 5.56 ARs so dominant.

Honestly, I'd like to see less AR availability in general. Mix it up with some of the more unusual weapon types instead of all loadouts being AR + long/short range backup.

nah ARs are so important for winning. If you don't have a sniper or a rifle going into the final circles you're boned unless there is some seriously advantageous terrain or the enemy is very bad. Especially on Miramar the way they generate circles. I don't want a game coming down to whether or not I found an scarce AR or managed to kill someone that had one. They'd have to do some serious tinkering with the mechanics of the weapons, as it stands there are clear cut "early game" only weapons.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

what the gently caress is that construction pit on the desert map.

and how did I fall in it :downs:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This isn't gonna last past the first season day but gently caress, it feels good to show on top 10 again, especially after recovering from a hand injury.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 28, 2018

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the cars boys had another excellent season. rkpg is getting weird with boathack but we were at least the top two most prolific roadkillers (imo it's a bug that boat kills are counted as "Road Kills". cmon)

Here are some highlights from season 3

going bowling
make sure to drive carefully
cars involves thinking 8 steps ahead
cars will get your blood pumping
don't say your n-words before they hatch
why do they get out?
why do they leave their trees?
cmon guys this is not the way to fight
ok stop getting out
extremely why do they get out
why do they do anything?
dying is fine if you're ready for it
do not dishonor the traditional car wrassle
(season highlight imo) i told you the wrassle is sacred
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no6tDYMsufo

(PEACEFUL) dropping the kids off at the pool
(PEACEFUL) some generous pubbies teach us that the chinese word for "Driving Cars" (kaichē) has a second meaning

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
suggestion: combine being cars boys with being noisy boys

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

here's a step by step guide because holy poo poo it's loving hilarious

STEP 1: download Virtual Audio Cable and install it

STEP 2: go in VLC (other media players may work if they let you pick the output device and take youtube videos), click the Audio dropdown, set Audio Device to your Virtual Audio Cable input

STEP 3: go to your recording devices in Windows and set VAC's output as your default mic

STEP 4: in VLC, go to file -> open network stream, paste this in, set to repeat

STEP 5: set your mic in PUBG to "Always" instead of "Push to Talk"

STEP 6: make sure all 4 people in the squad have done steps 1-5

STEP 7: get them all in Discord, have them set their actual mics to their default communications device

STEP 8: mute the entire rest of your squad in in-game voice and tell them to do the same so your ears aren't being constantly murdered with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

congrats, you're now rolling 4 deep with noisy boys

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I have a lot of clips lately but this one was pretty comical tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0CFRv4GBfE

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You can only play Move Bitch by Ludacris.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
New weapon skin crates selling at over $8.00 on the market. Lotta steambucks coming back today.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Chair In A Basket posted:

New weapon skin crates selling at over $8.00 on the market. Lotta steambucks coming back today.

isn’t there a week-long window where you can’t trade them? I haven’t played in a few weeks but I might cash out some blueholebux if not

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Usually a cooldown on the contents of the crate, but the crate itself can be sold right away. Up to $9 CDN now.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Chair In A Basket posted:

Usually a cooldown on the contents of the crate, but the crate itself can be sold right away. Up to $9 CDN now.

neat, thanks. Of course there's a trillion gigabytes of updates to be done but it feels good to work a little for that sweet steam sale bankroll

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

hawowanlawow posted:

also the FG42 would be a cool 7.62 gun, seeing as it was the same caliber as the kar98k

Old military stuff is cool and all, but why didn't they add a combination gun yet?
Say, an old german "drilling" gun, two shotgun barrels and a rifle barrel.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination_gun

It would be yet another of those early game only guns. It would combine the decent up-close of the double barrel with being a slightly more worthless win94 for medium range engagements.

Normally there's at least two triggers on a drilling. The mode selector could switch between rifle and shotgun.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

hawowanlawow posted:

also the FG42 would be a cool 7.62 gun, seeing as it was the same caliber as the kar98k

the Mosin-Nagant is pretty similar to the Kar98 and also 7.62mm so while it wouldn't drastically shake things up I'd play the everloving poo poo out of a game mode featuring those two rifles on a map the size of Military Base island because of how much it'd be like rifle-only matches in the CoD 1 days. More or less a big old Carentan/prison hybrid scenario deathmatch. Maybe my own nostalgia is exaggerating how good this would be but I loved rifle matches 15 years ago and I think it would be pretty cool with 50-100 guys running around instead of 10-20, at least as a flavor of the week type special match

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You can't kick over a Miramar poo poo shack without finding a scar.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I just cashed in my 10k BP and sold off 14€ worth of crates.

People are strange.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 28, 2018

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The turquoise kar98 sold five times for $400+ yesterday. They currently go for $300. The gold plate S686 sells for $250.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The turquoise kar98 sold five times for $400+ yesterday. They currently go for $300. The gold plate S686 sells for $250.

Yeah but at a drop rate of 0.0128% from the Triumph or Raider crates... I guess that calculates to having to open on average 81 crates before getting a turqoise kar98. Having all of 4 of those crates, I'd rather sell the crates for a sure 14€.

Whoever is betting on buying crates until they get the turqoise kar98, will be spending on average 1.64$ per Raider crates, ie at 81 of them a cool 134$. I guess that'd be more economical than buying the currently listed gun for 229,86€.

These prices don't make any sense and the only winner is as usual Valve (and I guess Bluehole get a share, too).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why are people paying so much for pubg skins? the only purpose of skins in csgo to brag to other people when they pick them up

they can't do that here, can they

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Made the final 3 yesterday, but I got caught with my pants down because my sound is kind of hosed, I have issues hearing people run/walk near me and figuring out where they actually are, far away sounds are fine though, anyway, guy got up behind me while running/jumping like an idiot and smoked me pretty standard poo poo but frustrating.

I made top 10 like 4-5 times last night, that includes 2 drops into highly contested areas so I'm starting to get better, I think, or everyone else was really bad which is definitely a possibility when playing at 12-3am

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

why are people paying so much for pubg skins? the only purpose of skins in csgo to brag to other people when they pick them up

Playing dressup is the real end game of every game. You don't even need other people to see it to want to do it. Now excuse me...

*furiously spends hundreds of dollars on weapon skins*

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Yeah but at a drop rate of 0.0128% from the Triumph or Raider crates... I guess that calculates to having to open on average 81 crates before getting a turqoise kar98.

You're a factor of 100 off. You calculated it as if it's in 1.28% of the crates. It's actually a 1 in 7812 crate skin.

It's WAY WAY WAY better to just sell the crates if you have them, and if there's a particular skin you NEED to have - just buy the thing.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Tony Phillips posted:

You're a factor of 100 off. You calculated it as if it's in 1.28% of the crates. It's actually a 1 in 7812 crate skin.

It's WAY WAY WAY better to just sell the crates if you have them, and if there's a particular skin you NEED to have - just buy the thing.

This. Sell your crates and buy what you want if you really wanna drop hundreds on fancy colored pixels.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the free scar skin is good and the scar is good so i'm happy. also the nickelodeon orange weapons are insanely good

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

They can. Last night my friend picked up and dropped a kar for me and it kept his tan skin on it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Thanks for reminding me that the new crates were live today, thread. Just made eight bux :toot:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Why are some of you so bewildered by this concept??

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Rex-Goliath posted:

skins are very super duper complicated man, why are you acting all high and mighty, like where is the skin and what color is it? how does the computer know all of that?!!! theres hundreds of guns, you can’t simply wave your hand at a computer processor and expect it to keep track of hundreds of objects man it’s simply mathematically impossible, dude

e. before you ask yes i know what I’m talking about I play a LOT of games so i know my stuff alright, vexels vertices databases you name it, trust me skins is simply IMPOSSIBLE

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Why do you want people to pick up your gun and see the pretty skin? I prefer people to see my sexy default skin when they watch the replay of me smoking them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rex-Goliath posted:

Because I still remember the forever ago times where skinning was just dumb poo poo you could do and edit in paint then play on some server and show off your sweet guns whole play a game without every aspect of it being monetized to hell and back.

gently caress I still remember UT2004 came with a slimmed down version of Maya with tutorials on how to make your own models and skins.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's an in-depth guide to understanding human psychology regarding transactions that alter the appearance or presentation of something without typically or intentionally changing its core functionality, also known as "skins":

Humans like to pretty things up.

That's all folks, time to go home. For any further inquiries, ask yourself since you're most likely a human. If that still fails, go read the first chapter of "Influence" by Robert Cialdini and reflect of how many times you've seen people buying things because price = value.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Question: you're in a house with an enemy: you've broken line of sight and there's only one way to get to each other. Do you push or do you wait? If your answer depends on other factors, what are they? Grenades, team mates, health?

For context, I started off assuming that letting them come to me would give me an advantage but the camping isn't working out in my favor. By default I blame myself but I'm dying for insights, comments, and suggestions. The new plan I'm forming is to wait a beat, then push in while prefiring, at least if I die then it isn't preceded by a solid minute of adsing a doorway or stairwell.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Jack B Nimble posted:

Question: you're in a house with an enemy: you've broken line of sight and there's only one way to get to each other. Do you push or do you wait? If your answer depends on other factors, what are they? Grenades, team mates, health?

For context, I started off assuming that letting them come to me would give me an advantage but the camping isn't working out in my favor. By default I blame myself but I'm dying for insights, comments, and suggestions. The new plan I'm forming is to wait a beat, then push in while prefiring, at least if I die then it isn't preceded by a solid minute of adsing a doorway or stairwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDXpSvhVHWo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The lack of white noise in the background makes sneaking up on people far harder than it used to be so unless you're in a red zone/plane path you're better off going in fullbore.