Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

The waffle food truck at work ran out of waffles when I was the next person in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
This La Croix sparkling water is so fizzy it burns but if I wait for the bubbles to die off I'll be able to taste the weird lime flavor and just ugh. I just wanted something to drink, why you gotta be so mean La Croix?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
None of my seeds (outside the cheap grow-your-own-cactii-and-succulents one I got at Urban Outfitters) are showing any noticeable growth / germination. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

fizzymercy posted:

This La Croix sparkling water is so fizzy it burns but if I wait for the bubbles to die off I'll be able to taste the weird lime flavor and just ugh. I just wanted something to drink, why you gotta be so mean La Croix?

So it's fizzy is showing you no mercy? :v:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's the eighteenth of March and there's zero loving degrees outside. Weather! :argh:

(Local woman yells at clouds.)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mikl posted:

It's the eighteenth of March and there's zero loving degrees outside. Weather! :argh:

(Local woman yells at clouds.)

In the UK? We just had a fuckton of snow. Luckily next week is forecast to be warmer so it should melt.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

BioEnchanted posted:

In the UK? We just had a fuckton of snow. Luckily next week is forecast to be warmer so it should melt.

Italy. Still, this is the coldest March I can remember. I'd very much like to be able to wear a dress without 120 denier tights, but that won't be for a while still it seems.

Mikl has a new favorite as of 13:58 on Mar 18, 2018

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Reminds me, I should go search Twitter for "so much for global warming" tweets to go in the IOSM thread.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sunswipe posted:

Reminds me, I should go search Twitter for "so much for global warming" tweets to go in the IOSM thread.

Call it what it is "Global Climate hosed Up"

Edit: "Anthropogenic Global Climate hosed Up"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I described this year as "It's like the seasons have been shuffled like a deck of cards".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing Overwatch, and my friend is rather high level, so when we play together for some reason we end up in groups of 100+ level guys who can one-shot me within seconds.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I just started playing Overwatch, and my friend is rather high level, so when we play together for some reason we end up in groups of 100+ level guys who can one-shot me within seconds.

It’s been awhile since I played that, but aren’t levels entirely divorced from damage? or are you just saying they’re that good? (because I can believe that.)

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just started a 2-hour meeting and my co-worker is sipping their coffee really loudly. Also we're in the shittiest, least-ventilated room, with the worst display options, even though there are about 10 other rooms that are a million times better they could have booked.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

burial posted:

It’s been awhile since I played that, but aren’t levels entirely divorced from damage? or are you just saying they’re that good? (because I can believe that.)

Level has zero impact on how the characters work.
But a level 300 person is gonna murder your butt with a 360 no scope Widow, whereas a level 5 will play Junkrat and fire grenades at walls and emote on the capture point.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Inzombiac posted:

Level has zero impact on how the characters work.
But a level 300 person is gonna murder your butt with a 360 no scope Widow, whereas a level 5 will play Junkrat and fire grenades at walls and emote on the capture point.

Boy, that sounds like so much fun.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I knocked over a giant-rear end mug of coffee, spilling it on my ipod, 3ds, headphones, amp, pants, mouse and keyboard. At least there was no sugar or dairy in it I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Another loving poki restaurant opened at a nearby mall. They are spreading like a disease. Nobody is asking for more fish.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Maybe not you. Bring on the poke.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My FWP is people mistaking my car for a police vehicle and dropping their speed waaaaay down.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I've been one kind of sick or another for about a month straight now and I'm completely fed up with it. I just want to have one day where I actually feel alright.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
My electric water heater stopped working Wednesday evening. Guys came by on Thursday afternoon to "fix" the water heater and I was told it would take 90 minutes for the hot water to come back after they "fixed" it. Two hours later still no hot water but by then it was too late in the day to get someone else to "fix" the water heater so I have to wait another day without any hot water unless I want to heat some up on the stove top or in the microwave. I guess I should be thankful I'm renting so I don't have to pay for any of this.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I felt safe sleeping in since the garbage pick up earlier this week was at like 3 in the afternoon, but guess what just rolled past my house?

Also having a devil of a time finding a 3d artist to make some poo poo I don't need but really want. It's like I'm being forced to budget my money wisely and dammit that's just not the American way.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It's my day off and I rescheduled an appointment from 10 to 9 and I even showed up early so I could fit in as soon as possible so I could go on with my day sooner. I get the feeling they're going to make me wait until the original 10am time anyways. Don't tell me you can reschedule if you're not going to honor it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I’ve been binge watching My 600 lb life on the TLC app and apparently there’s an algorithm for how much you watch because commercial breaks at first were 30 seconds but now they’re up to 3-4 min, and that’s with closing the app and restarting the iPad.

Location services on iOS is creepy as gently caress too because even though I have it “off” on Instagram it still gives me ads for the lovely sketchy hospital down the street from me :stonk:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
One of the kittens I helped handrear last year was hit by a car earlier this month. It looked like he was going to improve, but I just found out that he had to be euthanised last week because his pelvis was still fractured down the sacrum and it had damaged a nerve, so he couldn't defecate any more.. I'm furious, especially since his owners have a history of letting cats get hit by cars (and in fact, we had another of their cats brought in to us after being hit by a car while we were still treating the first one) and I never wanted our kitten to go to them. loving people.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

met someone interesting tonight but they swore off facebook even before the newly public information so i had to scrawl my number on a scrap of paper like a animal

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

FFT posted:

met someone interesting tonight but they swore off facebook even before the newly public information so i had to scrawl my number on a scrap of paper like a animal

Surely you both still had phones on you.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I really want to go flying this weekend, but the plane I like to fly has a broken magneto and the other ones are booked so I have to just wait and hope it gets fixed in time :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I really want to go flying this weekend, but the plane I like to fly has a broken magneto and the other ones are booked so I have to just wait and hope it gets fixed in time :(

Mine just replaced the Magneto with an Xavier. It was a patch job but it worked.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

AlphaKretin posted:

I've been one kind of sick or another for about a month straight now and I'm completely fed up with it. I just want to have one day where I actually feel alright.

Dude. loving Same.

Had the flu for like a MONTH. Was over it for about 3 days before this current cold kicked in. AND my back is out.

lol old.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

BioEnchanted posted:

Mine just replaced the Magneto with an Xavier. It was a patch job but it worked.

:perfect:

I was trying to figure out for way too long if a Xavier was like a proto-magneto or something in aviation.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Had to sprint to make my train this morning so now I'm sweating in my interview clothes

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

HaB posted:

Dude. loving Same.

Had the flu for like a MONTH. Was over it for about 3 days before this current cold kicked in. AND my back is out.

lol old.

Have to say I sympathize. The plague has been going around here lately and I'm just finally getting over it after a god damned month of feeling like absolute death. I probably had pneumonia for a significant chunk of it.

Now my knees hurt and those drat kids are on my lawn again. *yells at cloud*

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
A few days after the elevator in my apartment complex was fixed, the elevator at work was taken out of service for maintenance and still hasn't been turned back on. :suicide:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I had the flu for about 2 weeks but now two months later and I'm still coughing a lot.

Now I have an ingrown hair on my beard that makes it look like I have a swollen jaw.
I tried to dig that fucker out but it's not close enough.
Gonna lance it and force it out.

Gross but effective.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

I found a documentary I want to watch, but it's not available for sale in Europe. Amazon, Vimeo, etc - they all have it available for streaming or downloading for a fee, but seemingly only for US customers. I can't find the dvd anywhere either.

I just want to throw my money at good documentary film makers and watch the film now but I guess international intellectual property laws won't let me.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Bees on Wheat posted:

A few days after the elevator in my apartment complex was fixed, the elevator at work was taken out of service for maintenance and still hasn't been turned back on. :suicide:

You're the carrier.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I keep forgetting what cheeses come on which burgers at a local bar. I'm not upset that I'm eating a burger with gruyere cheese on it, I was just thought it'd have bleu on it.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I bought the game sea of thieves to play with friends. Unfortunately two of them started playing a lot more than I did and now they have a pretty Advanced grasp on the game play and don't invite me in. One time one of them did invite just me and him to try and run it ship, but he stuck me as the driver to 'teach me how to drive the ship.' It was exceedingly boring, and doesn't help that he and the other guy play for hours every night without me. The only loving reason I got this game was to play with them, and can't get a refund for a game I've played for maybe an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MisterBibs posted:

I keep forgetting what cheeses come on which burgers at a local bar. I'm not upset that I'm eating a burger with gruyere cheese on it, I was just thought it'd have bleu on it.

Both of those choices are excellent and I'm a touch jealous.