Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Behold my (probably lovely) pulls I finally settled on.

This is exactly what I would have recommended rerolling for if someone has the patience. VotD is a rock solid chainer with an awesome TMR and it’s well discussed how good LM Fina is.

You even have Steiner for the better light elemental Great Sword to chain with Orlandeaus and Zidane will save you some grief.

You nailed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

BGrifter posted:

This is exactly what I would have recommended rerolling for if someone has the patience. VotD is a rock solid chainer with an awesome TMR and it’s well discussed how good LM Fina is.

You even have Steiner for the better light elemental Great Sword to chain with Orlandeaus and Zidane will save you some grief.

You nailed it.

This exactly. Vod, fina, garnet, lightning, and whoever you can pick up first to tank will be a fantastic starter party.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

:golfclap: Very good.

Everyone else has already said it all.

You're set.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Cheers for the help guys! I definitely wouldn’t have been able to figure all this stuff out on my own so you can all take some satisfaction from it too haha.

Out of those units, are there any worth outright selling or are all there TMRs decent? And my other question was going to be, how should I set my party up as it stands right now? VoD, fina, bran, ashe 5*, ??

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

Cheers for the help guys! I definitely wouldn’t have been able to figure all this stuff out on my own so you can all take some satisfaction from it too haha.

Out of those units, are there any worth outright selling or are all there TMRs decent? And my other question was going to be, how should I set my party up as it stands right now? VoD, fina, bran, ashe 5*, ??

Vod, fina, garnet, ashe, ashe.

The first two are priority, obviously, but Garnet, even without bahamut, is a solid healer who can drop crazy finisher damage and help you hit summon missions, and frees up fina to act as primary mage.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 28, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

NinjaDebugger posted:

Vod, fina, garnet, ashe, ashe.

Seconding this.

Also, time to post your friend code, Bob. Let my Fohlen carry you to an easy Genji Blade, Attack +30%, Bushido Freedom, and very likely a 10% Trust Moogle from Gilgamesh.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Mustached Demon posted:

Ok you got like a day to blast through as much story as possible. VoD hurls purple rocks at fools before ruining them with a barrage of purple snowballs.

What am I aiming for with this specifically?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Seconding this.

Also, time to post your friend code, Bob. Let my Fohlen carry you to an easy Genji Blade, Attack +30%, Bushido Freedom, and very likely a 10% Trust Moogle from Gilgamesh.

157-071-659

I’ll add it to the goon spreadsheet once I get out of the shower. How am I getting carried to those? Because I’m down

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

157-071-659

I’ll add it to the goon spreadsheet once I get out of the shower. How am I getting carried to those? Because I’m down

A bunch of the early trials can be soloed by the right build, Gilgamesh is a prime target.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bob NewSCART posted:

157-071-659

There's like a day left in 1/2 off nrg story mode event.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

157-071-659

Just use my Fohlen (or another Goon's unit who can do it, though some may be able to solo harder Trials like Beasts Of The Dark, which has different requirements than Gilgamesh) when you attempt the Gilgamesh trial... I don't remember when you get access to trials but it's relatively soon. Don't take a full team, they're just going to die. Hit the Auto button, and Fohlen will do the rest.

Gilgamesh can't hit him with any attack besides his Holy one, which is sealed for one turn every time Fohlen hits him with his Holy spear. There is no penalty in that fight for knocked out characters, but there is one for using more than five units. So take Fohlen and one other guy. Turn on Auto Limit Burst in the game settings... there's a better than 50/50 chance he'll use his limit burst as as the finishing blow. If you take Lotus Mage Fina or Dark Veritas you will get a nice chunk of XP for them, too.

Fohlen (and other Goon friend units) can probably clear some of the earlier, easier trials on their own, too.

Going through the story will get you a lot of good gear. You'll get a lot of energy refreshes from leveling up, make good use of them!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Just use my Fohlen (or another Goon's unit who can do it, though some may be able to solo harder Trials like Beasts Of The Dark, which has different requirements than Gilgamesh) when you attempt the Gilgamesh trial... I don't remember when you get access to trials but it's relatively soon. Don't take a full team, they're just going to die. Hit the Auto button, and Fohlen will do the rest.

Gilgamesh can't hit him with any attack besides his Holy one, which is sealed for one turn every time Fohlen hits him with his Holy spear. There is no penalty in that fight for knocked out characters, but there is one for using more than five units. So take Fohlen and one other guy. Turn on Auto Limit Burst in the game settings... there's a better than 50/50 chance he'll use his limit burst as as the finishing blow. If you take Lotus Mage Fina or Dark Veritas you will get a nice chunk of XP for them, too.

Fohlen (and other Goon friend units) can probably clear some of the earlier, easier trials on their own, too.

Going through the story will get you a lot of good gear. You'll get a lot of energy refreshes from leveling up, make good use of them!

Got room for one more? I could use a Gilgamesh cheese. My numbers:

My Barb offers up plenty of chain potential I guess too.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I had about 30 EX tickets left, and I figured I'd use 'em up. Got a second magical kitty a Ramza and enough Erwin's to finish getting his Katana.

It's no LM Fina, but a prospective 7* kitty, an enhanced Ramza and a decent Katana ain't a bad haul for 30 tickets.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mustached Demon posted:

Yes, but you're at capacity. 634, 188, 308 for anyone else that wants to hop on.

Your Barbacoa is respectable, Magic chaining is good.

I can clear around 10 more inactive Goons (inactive for more than a week, two weeks actually) if anyone else wants in. Always room for Goons. I have an old Android tablet I run a handmade artisanal macro on because Nox for OSX sucks (and running an emulator in an emulator for a phone game is silly) so I need a full list at all times or it wigs out.*

*he said for the millionth time.:v:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yes, but you're at capacity. 634, 188, 308 for anyone else that wants to hop on.

Your Barbacoa is respectable, Magic chaining is good.

I can clear around 10 more inactive Goons (inactive for more than a week, two weeks actually) if anyone else wants in. Always room for Goons. I have an old Android tablet I run a handmade artisanal macro on because Nox for OSX sucks (and running an emulator in an emulator for a phone game is silly) so I need a full list at all times or it wigs out.*

*he said for the millionth time.:v:

I'll clear some jerks out and readd you. Didn't even know I filled up.

My barb, vod, and Christine get stronger every week. Basch too I guess he's neat. Only thing I'm missing is a healer other than Luka. I hover over awakening her aoe heal too much.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Added myself to the goon sheet. Add me if you want, although my dudes really suck right now.

How does summoning friends work? I summoned a goon friend unit for a story mission and now they aren’t available for my next one.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bob NewSCART posted:

How does summoning friends work? I summoned a goon friend unit for a story mission and now they aren’t available for my next one.

The list of available friends rotates every time you use one. And those you use are unavailable for a while, I believe.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

The list of available friends rotates every time you use one. And those you use are unavailable for a while, I believe.

Four hours, give or take, is the refresh time on a given friend.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Any goons that would like me to use their dudes? I’m just going through the sheet and adding codes that look open/have cool units

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Also what is the significance of setting a unit as your leader and how do I set my unit that my friends will use as my friend summon?

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bob NewSCART posted:

Also what is the significance of setting a unit as your leader and how do I set my unit that my friends will use as my friend summon?

Leaders are set as friend units. Whatever team is currently active will use that team's leader.

If you wish to fix it to a specific leader you can do so in the Options menu.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Leaders are set as friend units. Whatever team is currently active will use that team's leader.

If you wish to fix it to a specific leader you can do so in the Options menu.

Gotcha, thanks. Almost all of the goons I’ve tried to add from the spreadsheet who say they have room have capacity friends list though :smith:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bob NewSCART posted:

Gotcha, thanks. Almost all of the goons I’ve tried to add from the spreadsheet who say they have room have capacity friends list though :smith:

I actually made some space earlier today and still have a couple slots. Just sent a request.

I have a Grim Lord Sakura with her TMR Scythe, 40% Adventurer and Ring of the Lucii.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Bob NewSCART posted:

I now have spots! Numbers above.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Holy gently caress, rainbow on daily half pull.

...my third Ayaka.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Not to be a show-off, but I put up a new-and-improved Gilgamesh carry. Noct's LB does around 8% damage when Greg has no buffs up, but I'd wait until Greg is at 5% or below to get the LB kill.
http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr/links/16NZhE

If you guys get this done by the weekend and it's the FFX rerun then I can switch over to a Dark Esper carrying DV.

Mustached Demon posted:

We're already friends. My IGN is PDQ, with the Noctis up.

Bob NewSCART posted:

I've sent you a friend req. (IGN: PDQ) For Gilgamesh the carry is easy. Make any party of 4 or less units to meet mission objectives, select the friend unit (like mine), and hit auto. Noctis will auto-attack until Gilgamesh is dead while evading all attacks. If you want to get the Trust Moogle mission done, go to your options and set Auto Limit Burst to OFF, use auto-attack and keep an eye out for Gilgamesh to be at 5% or lower HP, then activate Noctis's LB.

If you don't have access to the Vortex yet, you can get there by selecting the "30 Million Downloads Raffle" banner on the top right of the home screen and then press the Back button. The Chamber of the Fallen is in the Nemeses tab. Also, be sure to do the Raffle and LM Fina events, since the Raffle ends this week.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Pulled a prishe from my 30mil ticket, seems.. decent? The TMR looks good at least

I also pulled a ludmille who has dual cast as a TMR apparently?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Prishe's TMR is awesome and BIS for many units.

Prishe herself could be ok, but the team you already have would outshine her. I'd say don't really bother.

Ludmille's Dual Cast isn't that useful in today's meta. Main use of one is to put on Refia to make her a good healer, something already unnecessary with you having CG Fina. Maybe if you wanted one for your Ashe's? I dunno, but I'd put it low on the priority. Most mages get innate dual cast these days.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yuna whenever she comes out will be the next unit that benefits greatly from dualcast she doesnt get it innately till 7*. Most magical units already have something like it built in or are ability based which cant be dual casted.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Bob NewSCART posted:

I have spots as Aleyce.

I usually run an OK, but try to be situational.

Right now, it’s CG Fina.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It would be amazing if I could get one of these mythical rainbows off of the free tickets but my last few big pulls have made me want to quit :smith:

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
All of my free and 10+1 ticket pulls have been junk, but my daily pulls off Tomb Raider banner included Loren #2 and Ace #1, so I figure it balances out.

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Now you are actually out of friend capacity. You can buy more for 100 lapis per 5 slots, if you'd like.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Between VoD and Fina you're set for awhile. Add all the VoD and Orlandu buddies you can from the goon friend list. If by some chance you pull a 2nd VoD do not, under any circumstances, get rid of it. Keep it because you can self-chain with them and you'll need the dupe when we get his 7* form (maybe late summer?) which is a complete beast.

Seconding this.

Also do this ASAP. Friend units can carry you through several trials, especially if a friend tailors their unit to specific trials, and let you grab some top end gear right off the bat for a huge jump in power. I have a bunch of open spots, assuming the game isn't being a buggy mess and acting like I'm full even though I'm at 109/130 since it loves to screw around at times...

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Skyridge posted:

Holy gently caress, rainbow on daily half pull.

Me too!

... Lotus Mage Fina.

drat, I feel lucky.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:regd10:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rainbow on the EX ticket!

Dark Fina #3!

drat it!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

157-071-659

Sent a request, but you're full.

Mustached Demon posted:

Also sent a request.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I guess my rainbow luck is back a little bit. Freebie ticket today gave me my first bs Sakura and my second Emperor. Can’t decide if I want to cram a 100% moogle in him or not. I’m trying to do some future proof TMRing right now for when the OK enhancements come out. He gets 45% bonus atk passives for wearing a helm, light armor and a sword. Mostly it depends on if Cedona’s TMR stacks.

I always liked Animus. Gonna have to see what he can do.

If anyone wants to add me, I put my dark Espers carry back up since he’s actually a decent chaining partner now that I got the materia needed to do the faster carry. 367 540 709 - I freed up a couple spots

Ugato fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 28, 2018

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Daily rainbow yesterday got me Loren #3, and 10+1 got me Loren #4. At least I have four Awesome Swordsman TM, as well as a good 7* and a decent STMR?

what’s up with all the Heltiches lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

PDQ Law posted:

Not to be a show-off, but I put up a new-and-improved Gilgamesh carry. Noct's LB does around 8% damage when Greg has no buffs up, but I'd wait until Greg is at 5% or below to get the LB kill.
http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr/links/16NZhE

If you guys get this done by the weekend and it's the FFX rerun then I can switch over to a Dark Esper carrying DV.

I've sent you a friend req. (IGN: PDQ) For Gilgamesh the carry is easy. Make any party of 4 or less units to meet mission objectives, select the friend unit (like mine), and hit auto. Noctis will auto-attack until Gilgamesh is dead while evading all attacks. If you want to get the Trust Moogle mission done, go to your options and set Auto Limit Burst to OFF, use auto-attack and keep an eye out for Gilgamesh to be at 5% or lower HP, then activate Noctis's LB.

More chances for a specific trial-killer showing up in your friends list the better, really. I'm not sure I can float a Beasts Of The Dark-killer, I don't have a Noctis. I have been carried a lot by Goonpanions, so I like to pay it forward where I can.

When everyone is done with Gilgamesh for now I can switch back to Orlandeu or Trance Terra, both have over 1000 to their pertinent attack stat.

WebDO posted:

It would be amazing if I could get one of these mythical rainbows off of the free tickets but my last few big pulls have made me want to quit :smith:

Try pulling at different times of day, maybe.

Oh, that jerk.

Daily draw-3 ticket had Reberta #2 (she's a good character and I look forward to her 7* Global form, who knows how it will turn out?) and the 10+1 Ticket had... Marie #3. I'm not mad, she's a great unit still.

• Locked thread