Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

My Ghillie upper has only two ammo pouches, neither large.

My condolences on your pouch situation. Mine does have three. A small for anything, a large for secondary ammo, and a small for sniper ammo. Perks are brick-worthy though. Vit 3, Defense 3, Flame Def, Frost Def. No bullet, nor thrown, nor even arrow preservation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I got my Purple Stuff right. And now I'm wondering where the gently caress I can upgrade my dudes if possible, since most requires a D Ranking Base Development Team. Does not help I'm in Africa staring down the business end of a 15 minute mission.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You get to upgrade them when you fight the super bosses and do the base drilling missions some time after you come back from Africa. Africa is where you get the better guys and they unlocked even better recruits with the patch, so you won't run into so many poo poo guys and can easily C rank everything.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, your base ramps up quick in the post game. I'm B ranked in all areas depending on morale.

Also finally got something other than a goddamn skull machete. Figured earning the Glory trophy would net me a bit of leeway here. :v:

night slime
May 14, 2014

widespread posted:

So I got my Purple Stuff right. And now I'm wondering where the gently caress I can upgrade my dudes if possible, since most requires a D Ranking Base Development Team. Does not help I'm in Africa staring down the business end of a 15 minute mission.

Rearrange them until you get them in a spot that doesn't have them rated as "poorly" and you should be good.

The guy who stumbled upon this game without playing Phantom Pain first is cool

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
How are people doing so much damage to the field bosses in multiplayer?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Overpressured bullets or rocket propelled arrows, usually. They're massively powerful anyway and will hit a boss' individual weak areas several times at once.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

night slime posted:

Rearrange them until you get them in a spot that doesn't have them rated as "poorly" and you should be good.

The guy who stumbled upon this game without playing Phantom Pain first is cool
Any recruit who doesn't have modest yield or better is completely worthless after you hit the cap.

poptart_fairy posted:

Overpressured bullets or rocket propelled arrows, usually. They're massively powerful anyway and will hit a boss' individual weak areas several times at once.
If you are going to use OP bullets, you pretty much have to use a gun with a durability perk or just don't fill every pouch with OP ammo for that gun. Spread it out with a sniper and the other bullet caliber.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Scalding Coffee posted:

Any recruit who doesn't have modest yield or better is completely worthless after you hit the cap.

Yeah but he didn't sound like he had finished the game yet so I assumed he wasn't near the cap.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, a pouch of over pressurised sniper ammunition or a bundle of rocket arrows does the trick. I'd never suggest using over pressure ammo or exotic arrows willy nilly.

That said, my tactical compound bow one shots regular wanderers with heavy arrows so I have a lot of free space in my ammo bags.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The fun part is wasting exotic ammo (that you can quickly replace) and having 1.5x the score of second place.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I just like hurling molotovs at everything. Got enough flame bonus for them to burn regular enemies down in a single application.

Afghanistan mapped to 100%, gently caress me. Africa is comparatively narrow at least.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The purple 5.56 assault rifle needs a durability buff.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Is there a way to switch back and forth between ammo types without expending the "primary" ammo (on PC)? If i have a extra pouch of regular arrows, and then a extra pouch of heavy arrows, can I switch back and forth ammo types?

Or am I a dumb and heavy arrows are for a completely different type of bow I haven't unlocked yet? I haven't activated the drill for the second time in my base.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You can. Not sure of the specific controls for PC, but you hold the button that brings up the appropriate weapon wheel - there's another option from there to Flick between ammo types. There's a small delay as the character switches magazine/quiver, but the utility is worth it.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Syves posted:

Is there a way to switch back and forth between ammo types without expending the "primary" ammo (on PC)? If i have a extra pouch of regular arrows, and then a extra pouch of heavy arrows, can I switch back and forth ammo types?

Or am I a dumb and heavy arrows are for a completely different type of bow I haven't unlocked yet? I haven't activated the drill for the second time in my base.

Hold the weapon toggle button then hit q or e to cycle ammo types.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Please tell me if there's a way to get rid of useless survivors tia

I sent the 2 most useless turds out on expeditions with no gear at all and they've gone out 3 times and still refuse to die.

Also a good portion of my base was lost because I forgot to check in and replace missing fences between waves of plan 3 :smith:

night slime
May 14, 2014

titties posted:

Please tell me if there's a way to get rid of useless survivors tia

I sent the 2 most useless turds out on expeditions with no gear at all and they've gone out 3 times and still refuse to die.

Also a good portion of my base was lost because I forgot to check in and replace missing fences between waves of plan 3 :smith:

Keep doing it, you'll see their HP going down.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not being able to fire survivors while also having a hard limit is so loving strange. It's such a huge oversight. I still can't get over it. Sending these people to their deaths over and over just to get rid of them is so cruel.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I want a Thunderdome building. If we're going to be cruel to our survivors, let's do it right.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The Lone Badger posted:

I want a Thunderdome building. If we're going to be cruel to our survivors, let's do it right.

Shadow of War somewhat recently added this too and it's great being able to send your orcs into the murderpit, either they're gonna get big and strong or they're gonna die.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I appreciate I'm the only one who cares about this, but if you're going for the Surveyor trophy and haven't already earned the one for surviving 141 days, take a bunch of revival pills with you to Africa. A number of the unexplored squares take you into that damaging fog, and reloading your last save on death doesn't preserve what squares you uncovered.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just run in with all the health and buffs and maybe a Walker. Maybe pills if you can't do that yet, but it seems like such a waste.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 29, 2018

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
The amount of player controlled tools that cause explosions in this game is both very high for a zombie survival game and extremely satisfying to watch wanders fly into pieces.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
12 grenades, 12 packs of C4 and 24 molotovs is not enough.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

12 grenades, 12 packs of C4 and 24 molotovs is not enough.

Bow with explosive arrows, Shotgun with explosive slugs, and revolver with explosive rounds.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I still need those to drop... :sigh:

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Add in explosive sniper rounds, those are pretty cool too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How the gently caress are my guys going through eight portions of raw onions while on soup runs. You're out there for twenty minutes, what on earth are you doing.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

How the gently caress are my guys going through eight portions of raw onions while on soup runs. You're out there for twenty minutes, what on earth are you doing.
https://i.imgur.com/5omTgMt.mp4

lol trying to matchmake in Aus still. lol trying to Matchmake in general.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I matchmaker in North America, from the EU, and get consistent matches. Sometimes it takes a few minutes but the dailies are popular, and I don't feel any lag.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

I was able to chestbump one of my coop partners after blowing up a couple hundred zombies.

This game is pretty alright. :unsmith:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I swear one of those emotes is the Konami code...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Once I start getting green facilities is there any reason to keep the greys? I see some occasional things that have a bottom right tab of like [Need this facility in this quality] but that seems to not be the case for the greys, unless I have to keep them to actually keep using basic recipes or something weird. Also when do I get more beds, I just rescued my very own crippled child and along with a random extra guy I scooped up, I need 4 beds and can only make 2 poverty huts.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 30, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Progress the story for more beds. Housing isn't a problem during the story, morale's poo poo regardless. :v:

And yeah, grey buildings are redundant and can be disposed of. The only exception to this is the purple quality kitchen, which still needs a steamer and kiln - animal and resource storage also stack, so they can be retained.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Once I start getting green facilities is there any reason to keep the greys? I see some occasional things that have a bottom right tab of like [Need this facility in this quality] but that seems to not be the case for the greys, unless I have to keep them to actually keep using basic recipes or something weird. Also when do I get more beds, I just rescued my very own crippled child and along with a random extra guy I scooped up, I need 4 beds and can only make 2 poverty huts.

At your point in the game no. At end-game, you can make a smaller, actual-use crafting area with grey/white tables than with full size workshops, as long as the workshops are somewhere in your base it doesn't matter what facility you use to access the crafting interface.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Someone here said you craft guns to get free ammo but I don't see it, except as equipped to the crafted gun. Am I missing something"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Unless they patched it, deconstructing a gun plonked its ammunition into your storehouse.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

night slime posted:

Someone here said you craft guns to get free ammo but I don't see it, except as equipped to the crafted gun. Am I missing something"

Craft the guns and send them to storage. The rounds will be in storage. you can then break down the guns to get some of the mats back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Balls, no Foodie trophy despite meticulously recording the animals I devour. I bet I've missed one, so have to go bird hunting all over again.... :negative:

• Locked thread