Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I've never liked milk very much growing up but boy was it ever a thing we always drank. Now that I'm a real-deal adult and have found plain, unsweetened soymilk everything is great. Ingredients are these two: soybeans, water.
It's also quite difficult to find easily, usually it will be sweetened or at least vanilla flavor and goddammit I don't need that extra garbage :argh:

Real cheese is great though and far better than any alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Enourmo posted:

Maybe i'm just salty cause I hosed up this weekend and spent waaaay too much time in the sun without protection, and my forehead was actually blistered for a bit.

Also because I've recently discovered I like long-sleeved styles better and they're hella impractical for most of the year here.

Wear dri-fit type material long sleeves I do all the time to protect my arms from UV. https://www.xcelwetsuits.com/shop/mens-uv

Maybe you need to live in Buffalo for a few years like i did, then you will learn to fully appreciate and love Florida.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not a big fan of milk either these days. I do like creamer in my coffee though. Agree that cheese rules though. Few things as good as fresh grated parmesian.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Enourmo posted:

Maybe i'm just salty cause I hosed up this weekend and spent waaaay too much time in the sun without protection, and my forehead was actually blistered for a bit.

Also because I've recently discovered I like long-sleeved styles better and they're hella impractical for most of the year here.

I have vitiligo and my body attacks my melanocytes, I started to feel the burn forming on my exposed face and hands after driving with the convertible top down for 30 minutes. In February

I catch fire in the sun regardless of location, so it might as well be a beautiful location that I get burned in

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wear dri-fit type material long sleeves I do all the time to protect my arms from UV. https://www.xcelwetsuits.com/shop/mens-uv

Maybe you need to live in Buffalo for a few years like i did, then you will learn to fully appreciate and love Florida.

I've never understood the hate.

With proper clothes and water, the heat will never hurt you. With proper clothes in cold it's still a matter of time before you die.

Then again, to me Guam had the most perfect weather in the world. 70-90 year round, 85-100% humidity, half the year it rains every day around noon, half the year it rains every 2 days at random. It's always perfect. It's like May in Florida 12 months a year.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

iwentdoodie posted:

Then again, to me Guam had the most perfect weather in the world. 70-90 year round, 85-100% humidity, half the year it rains every day around noon, half the year it rains every 2 days at random. It's always perfect. It's like May in Florida 12 months a year.

misery.txt

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The winter months make me appreciate the hot summer, and the summer months makes me appreciate that I don't have to wear shorts and a tshirt in winter.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Im in Canada. Sorry. Sorry. Excuse me. Sorry.

How the gently caress did you lot stay so polite.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So is Trump going after Amazon because he's jealous of Bezos?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

iwentdoodie posted:

With proper clothes and water, the heat will never hurt you. With proper clothes in cold it's still a matter of time before you die.

... see, that's weird to me. Above 80 degrees or so and 80% humidity or so, I literally cannot get rid of enough heat to not be completely miserable.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

See, YOUR prejudicial views are open to mockery and derision, but let me post MY prejudicial views in comic form and it's funny, because those Canadians, amiright?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Im in Canada. Sorry. Sorry. Excuse me. Sorry.

How the gently caress did you lot stay so polite.

The sorry thing is so ingrained that we have laws to protect us so that saying sorry is not considered an admission of guilt.

:canada:

Also, maple syrup.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

See, YOUR prejudicial views are open to mockery and derision, but let me post MY prejudicial views in comic form and it's funny, because those Canadians, amiright?

Don't act like you aren't sore about not getting a canoe when you turned 16.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Maybe.

My cat's named Egon.

Cool. Just wanted to make sure. Also, to display my cleverness at having caught it.

KakerMix posted:

"Oh no, the sun!" - me in Florida in July as I drink lots of water and un-sweet iced tea as I do cool yard work in the heat, maybe go to the beach and take whatever giant, wide, clear and smooth stretches of tarmac since everything around me is built for 3x the population but all the snowbirds are up north for the summer.

"what is the point of existing i wish i were dead" - me under 2 feet of snow on any January day in Muskegon where it is cold and dark when you wake up in the morning and it is the same cold and dark when you leave work and that night you get another 2 feet of snow because lol lake effect.

I'm just one dude but there is zero contest between the two are you kidding me.

I'm with you. I'll take the Texas summer heat over cold any day. I don't like the "cold" that Texas gets, even.
Not sure I could live with coastal humidity again, though. I lived with that through middle school (30 miles from the Gulf Coast in Victoria, TX for 4 years) and remember it well, and I'm old now. Dallas/Fort Worth is bad enough some days.

quote:

I think you won't do it because clearly this rad as hell wagon is too cool for you :colbert:

Looks like a pretty nice V8 Vega. No AC makes it a deal killer in my neck of the woods, for me, anyway (see above), but that may not be a concern for the goon asking. Manual brakes are probably a bit scary, too, but may not be with a car that light. Love that it's a 4-speed.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have a confession. Well, multiple.

Raisin Bran is good. (I hate raisins in general: Like Alton Brown says, raisins are always optional, but for some reason it works in the cereal)

Total is pretty okay. I like it.

Cracklin' Oat Bran is loving amazing.

Crispix is my jam. Favorite go-to cereal. Kix is right next door.

This was your sponsored-by-Kellogg (are they GM or Kellogg or nabisco? I don't know I only know the boxes) post.

You have good taste.
I liked those as a kid, the ones that were available back then, and now the super--sugary stuff just makes me sick. I miss Cocoa Puffs and Corn Pops and Sugar Pops and Honey Crisp, but I just can't eat them any more (and shouldn't.) I'll still tear up some Peanut Butter Captain Crunch, though. Probably just as much sugar, but doesn't taste like it, because peanut butter.
I also like the various Chex products, and the Mini Shredded Wheats with the fruit in them.
Oh, holy gently caress the ad at the top as I type this is for Raisin Bran, I poo poo you not.

The Locator posted:

Wait... it goes backwards after 40? Hell yeah, I'm 28 now!

Also, Happy Birthday. :v:

Wait... does that mean you expire when you hit zero?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Seminal Flu posted:

No its funny because its kate beaton. If she wrote a comic about dumb american stuff it would probably be funny too.

edit: also shes Canadian so

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 28, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Don't act like you aren't sore about not getting a canoe when you turned 16.

Busted.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

The winter months make me appreciate the hot summer, and the summer months makes me appreciate that I don't have to wear shorts and a tshirt in winter.

To bad the summers up there suck too. I'll never forget looking forward to the summer and being thoroughly disappointed, it rained half the time, everything was loving muddy and the sun came out for maybe a month of the entire summer. Yay western NY summers.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Well I guess the climate changed since you moved.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

What?

Do I imagine the literal hundreds of people who die of heat every year in Aust? Im sorry but heat most definantly kills. Even with lots of water people can and do die of heat stress.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

Well I guess the climate changed since you moved.

Might of just been lovely luck I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love Buffalo (GO BILLS) I just don't like the weather. That and the cost of NY state living pretty much made us move back to FL.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Bajaha posted:

The sorry thing is so ingrained that we have laws to protect us so that saying sorry is not considered an admission of guilt.

That's amazing.

Re: heat, I can stand it when it's 100 degrees in July and August, although I leave my back door open for my dogs all day and my AC is super old so my electric bill is insane, but come September it starts driving me crazy, and then October is usually hot right up until the end of the month. It is a dry heat at least, but it makes doing anything outside miserable for months of the year.

The upside is I can ride a motorcycle 12 months of the year, and most of my gear is ventilated. An adidas jacket until my bike jacket and a neck gaitor are pretty much all I need, though my hands can get cold.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

So is Trump going after Amazon because he's jealous of Bezos?

Maybe? Most likely cause is that he saw something this morning on Fox&Friends

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Maybe? Most likely cause is that he saw something this morning on Fox&Friends

I just figured he saw the thing about Bezos being the richest man ever and he was like "FAKE NEWS."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What?

Do I imagine the literal hundreds of people who die of heat every year in Aust? Im sorry but heat most definantly kills. Even with lots of water people can and do die of heat stress.

That's the part with being properly clothed and seeking correct shelter (not enclosed, literally just shade) when needed, as well as moderating activity.

The cold will quite literally kill you even if you do everything right simply by being in it.

Also cold to me is anything under 70. I'm miserable all winter even in FL. I'm also the weirdo who wears jeans year round, even in the heat of summer.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

The phrase "all hosed up on hockey" will never not make me laugh.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I just figured he saw the thing about Bezos being the richest man ever and he was like "FAKE NEWS."

like all petty small business owners, trump is probably bitter and resentful of billionaires who are actual titans of industry.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

He owns the Washington Post so Trump doesn't like him.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
gently caress I want a canoe now

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Adiabatic posted:

Canoe's own hard. You definitely want a canoe.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Adiabatic posted:

Some sort of AI canoe. Fashioned out of junkyard fuel tanks.

What’s the most nautical theme car you could take the tanks out of?

Getting up at 3am is dumb and bad and by the time I make it to the wedding where I don’t know anyone this afternoon I am gonna be real grouchy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

That's the part with being properly clothed and seeking correct shelter (not enclosed, literally just shade) when needed, as well as moderating activity.

The cold will quite literally kill you even if you do everything right simply by being in it.

Ummmmmm..... you REALLY need to visit a place that gets properly searingly hot. Heat most certainly DOES kill even if you do everything right.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ummmmmm..... you REALLY need to visit a place that gets properly searingly hot. Heat most certainly DOES kill even if you do everything right.

Look, crazed junkies stabbing you on the platform at Penrith station probably has something to do with it being 49 in the shade but I don’t think it’s 100% attributable to heat

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Here's my hotter than hell story:

I was working in a mill as a grader so I was sitting on a platform about 8 feet off the floor and watching particle board sheets go under me on a conveyor belt. It was high summer and the temp where I was hit about 126F. Seriously. 1 loving 26. As I was sitting there in a lump of overheated misery, this girl that worked there sneaked up behind me and poured a hardhat full of cold water from the water cooler on my back. The shock was intense and felt more like fire than cold water. It literally hurt like a bad sunburn for 5 minutes or so.

I got my revenge, though. I got a five gallon bucket and filled it and kept it on the gradestand for a couple days. When the time came, she was standing below and behind me with the foreman checking paint color. I caught the foreman's eye and motioned for him to step back. He grinned and moved away while I dumped the bucket on her. She looked up and yelled "THAT WASN'T COLD!"

I yelled back "THAT WASN'T WATER!"

the end

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I would rather work in -40 than +40C. You can dress for the cold, but you can only do so much for the heat.

e: Plus, no bugs when its cold :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

Wait... does that mean you expire when you hit zero?

Maybe? 80 years is a pretty good run!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!
To be fair, extreme cold and extreme heat can both kill you.

But I've only passed out from heat/dehydration, so that is worse to me. Also only so many layers of clothing can be removed, you can bundle up more for cold (within limits).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I'm from the Canadian chunk of the PNW so the hottest we get up here on the regular during summer is in the upper 70s to low 80s F (around 27-29 C) and the hottest irregularly is maaaaybe low 90s F (low-mid 30s C) if the local deity decides it's going to ruin us one summer. The worst heat I have ever experienced was stepping out of McCarran International Airport in late June during a heat wave and being confronted by a literal wall of 119 F (48 C) heat.

I'll pass on doing that again anytime soon.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Kazinsal posted:

The worst heat I have ever experienced was stepping out of McCarran International Airport in late June during a heat wave and being confronted by a literal wall of 119 F (48 C) heat.
Almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Growing up in N. Idaho it would maybe hit 100 once or twice a summer but was otherwise always good temps. Except that it was also overcast like half the days, that kinda sucked.

Now that I"ve been in Phoenix for six years, I would rather take the 50% overcast. gently caress this noise it's too god damned hot.

• Locked thread