Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

New chapter is up on MS: https://readms.net/r/onepunch_man/089/4986/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

There a mirror out? Browser yelling at me on that link and I don't wanna push it at my current location.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahahahaha Genos was being so protective that he almost insulted Saitama

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I can't believe Genos called Fubuki "bitch" in front of both of his teachers. What a disgraceful disciple.

Y'know, google translate has its moments.

Also, Garou's shirt clearly isn't stuck. He's growing a pelt, and he's gonna be a loup-garou soon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RIP King

He died as he lived.

A true hero....

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I've been a little down on the Murata version lately, but the new chapter was excellent.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The juxtaposition of Very Angry Fubuki and One-Style Saitama was very good. A good chapter.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I can't believe King is loving dead

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Genos, just give it a rest already.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I see, Genos couldn't use incinerate in the apartment so he relied on verbal burns instead.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

thinkin about that hot pot

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Kuvo posted:

thinkin about that hot pot

This was the first battle that made Saitama feel any kind of emotion...

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Bernardo Orel posted:

This was the first battle that made Saitama feel any kind of emotion...

Was that Fubuki blowing up the hotpot or what? The action in this one was a bit unclear.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

VanSandman posted:

Was that Fubuki blowing up the hotpot or what? The action in this one was a bit unclear.

They all lunged for the pot at once and so fast everything went flying.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Rigged Death Trap posted:

They all lunged for the pot at once and so fast everything went flying.

Including King!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

k i n g . . .

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Including King!

King's power level confirmed at hotpot level.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

RareAcumen posted:

King's power level confirmed at hotpot level.

This was a better joke when it happened in This is Us.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

And More posted:

I can't believe Genos called Fubuki "bitch" in front of both of his teachers. What a disgraceful disciple.

MangaStream adds random swears everywhere. Genos probably didn't actually call Fubuki a bitch.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The hotpot thing was great, but honestly my favorite part of the chapter's "downtime" was seeing Saitama finally meet Dr. Kuseno, who is so drat nice and it makes me glad he's here.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im glad genos has two nice dads and i hope he and his sister fubuki can get along

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

TheLoneStar posted:

The hotpot thing was great, but honestly my favorite part of the chapter's "downtime" was seeing Saitama finally meet Dr. Kuseno, who is so drat nice and it makes me glad he's here.

don't forget they are friends now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I like this chapter a lot and I feel like the last few pages are pretty important to who Saitama is.

He’s a depressed introvert who doesn’t feel comfortable actually having friends acquaintances around.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

I like the parallels between King's beating Saitama at Pokémon, and the monsters being sent after heroes they're super effective against. Hopefully Saitama grinding to max in real life works better than in video games.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This chapter was great. :) Really fun seeing the Saitama group together, despite his protests. It's interesting seeing Genos still looking up to Saitama despite being fully aware of his limitations. Like <20 word instructions.

I wonder if Genos will learn anything from King playing his Gameboy.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I don't think Genos sees Saitama's impatience as a limitation so much as an inscrutable and no doubt important quality of his master's personality which must be accommodated if at all possible

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

I don't think Genos sees Saitama's impatience as a limitation so much as an inscrutable and no doubt important quality of his master's personality which must be accommodated if at all possible

A reminder. When Genos revised Saitama's official hero rankings to be more in keeping with accurate study of his master it mostly consisted of giving him 11s on a 1-10 scale.

Except intelligence.

Even Genos wouldn't give him more than a six

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Garou is great.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

chiasaur11 posted:

A reminder. When Genos revised Saitama's official hero rankings to be more in keeping with accurate study of his master it mostly consisted of giving him 11s on a 1-10 scale.

Except intelligence.

Even Genos wouldn't give him more than a six

I totally missed this! What chapter?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

He sees it as one of those conditions tIppoat he has to follow if Saitama's gonna train him. Like Ippo catching those leaves out of a tree.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

I totally missed this! What chapter?

It was in an official guidebook, not the manga proper.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
So someone on Reddit pointed out that on the page where Dr. Genus is talking about people turning into monsters, near the joined speech bubble you can see Genos's eye and face.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePunchMan/comments/86v74g/one_punch_man_chapter_89_full_translation/dw8mfhf/

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this is slander, Genos is like the only S Class who saved anyone.

Like the kid is dumb as hell but he did let himself almost die to save a child

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 29, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Metaru Batto

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

this is slander, Genos is like the only S Class who saved anyone.

Like the kid is dumb as hell but he did let himself almost die to save a child

this is slander, Every S Class hero has saved people before and we've seen that already. Tatsumaki dealt with that giant squid/octopus and stopped Boros' ship from shelling everyone again while they were outside. Atomic Samurai saved his comrades when that one dude revealed he'd eaten monster cells. Watchdog-Man continues to be unbeatable. Superalloy Darkshine saved Hero association staff from that small monster that took over that dude's body. Puri Puri Prisoner put an end to the menace of Free Hugger. Even Tanktop Master and Licenseless rider saved a hospital full of people together!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Metal Knight has yet to do anything heroic. You could argue that trying to stop the meteor was heroic, but he gave up after one try, and didn't even assist with evacuation.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SpacePig posted:

Metal Knight has yet to do anything heroic. You could argue that trying to stop the meteor was heroic, but he gave up after one try, and didn't even assist with evacuation.
Yeah, and he didn't even really seem to care about saving lives. He just wanted to test his new weapons.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

this is slander, Every S Class hero has saved people before and we've seen that already. Tatsumaki dealt with that giant squid/octopus and stopped Boros' ship from shelling everyone again while they were outside. Atomic Samurai saved his comrades when that one dude revealed he'd eaten monster cells. Watchdog-Man continues to be unbeatable. Superalloy Darkshine saved Hero association staff from that small monster that took over that dude's body. Puri Puri Prisoner put an end to the menace of Free Hugger. Even Tanktop Master and Licenseless rider saved a hospital full of people together!
yea but they're very mean about it!

except superalloy darkshine, he's cool

As someone who has never really been into modern superhero stories, I do have to give One Punch Man credit for having The Avengers But lovely, Lazy And Poorly Managed

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Expect My Mom posted:

yea but they're very mean about it!

Genos is also very cold to most anyone not named Saitama. He'll save people like the girl in the Sea King arc but he's a very intense person otherwise and not likely pleasant to be around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Genos is unpleasant but that doesn't make him less heroic. Genos was genuinely worried about saving that girl and it was not for fame, narcissism or worry about the hero's image. He doesn't care for fame and he finds the people who worships him dull because his physical appearance is just a literal shell.

I think that the fact that he's constantly willing to sacrifice himself for others when he has a clear vendetta and to an extent the power to pursuit it makes him one of the most heroic characters in OPM. Genos knows that he shouldn't be doing what he does, but he can't help it. He has to help others.