Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Combat Theory posted:

yeah no poo poo, i loved that cat

terrible. my girlfriend and i split this week, too. luckily she hated my cat.

edit:

https://i.imgur.com/pShVwcN.gifv

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Combat Theory posted:

Oh my what a week.

Girlfriend quits after 6 Years while im on military duty, takes even the cat with her :argh: and i had to carry my bloody starter battery for almost a mile to charge it for my trip home tomorrow...

That sucks to hear, CombatTheory. 6 years is a long time. :sympathy:

Bofast posted:

It sounded like a good album title, so...

:lol::lol::lol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bofast posted:

Amazing

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Combat Theory posted:

That is a handsome cat - sorry dude :(

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

Inverse kinematics was one of the big tentpole "features" of the most recent patch, and of course it's working very cigly

e: well alright then. What the gently caress is that thing?

Space diaper is full of poo

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

tuo posted:

I'm big loving idiot for stuff like special edition game boxes, and limited edition whatever poo poo. I buy this stuff knowing how stupid it is, but I still do it with franchises I really like (like Doom or poo poo like that).

But actually buying the blood of the game designer for shitloads of money? I mean....this is so loving off the chart.

What do you even do with it? I never bought blood, but I guess it gets bad quite fast....do you put it in the freezer or what?

Give me stupid tin cans for my games with cheap chinese toys next to it, but please, oh please, don't give me body fluids from the team!!!!

You already know if chris announced the dev team will fill a vial with random body fluids that Clifford would be the first to proudly show off his new hermetically sealed glass display case of semen samples from Chris, Lando and Ben

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

Transparent aluminum

Star Citizen could use some of that to keep the whales in

ManofManyAliases posted:

:negative: but ... I'm ... not

Seems a bit too demanding to expect both your identity and yourself to be safe around here :colbert:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Bofast posted:

Star Citizen could use some of that to keep the whales in

Seems a bit too demanding to expect both your identity and yourself to be safe around here :colbert:

It's ok. The only one who knows who I really am is Derek, and he's not telling. = )

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Combat Theory posted:

Oh my what a week.

Girlfriend quits after 6 Years while im on military duty, takes even the cat with her :argh: and i had to carry my bloody starter battery for almost a mile to charge it for my trip home tomorrow...

But at least the bestest dead gay comedy Thread of the internet delivers the laughs this filthy Goon needs. And the Skadden Memorandum is soooo sweet i can hear Lesnicks diabetus arching from another continent already.

Sorry to hear it, friend.
I just found out that I'll be unemployed a few weeks from now, so I feel grief with you

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

iospace posted:

Just so you know

I hate each and every one of you very, very much:

You ahould check out Starsector by fractal softworks. Its a neat game.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Trek Bridge Crew: This is what the commando's think they're going to get. If you can get 4 people in this, the experience is untouchable. Each player solely in charge of either helm, navigation, engineering, or the captain's chair, you're 100% stuck in your silo and completely dependent on clear communication amongst the crew to get anything done. Helm needs more power to engines to outrun a threat, but you need to keep that power in shields to withstand a few more hits? Trying to determine where to allocate your limited repair personnel when multiple critical systems are failing? Get ready to communicate that problem to the captain, then have a crisis of conscience when he orders you to make the exact wrong call, where disobeying orders saves the ship, and obeying them kills you all. Not too many games can deliver that experience.

Can confirm, Bridge Crew is a lot of frantic fun with friends (or randoms, I guess).

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Scruffpuff posted:

Some of these aren't indies but still things I'd recommend. I have quite a few titles, some are very good and atmospheric (Paranormal Activity for example) but these are the ones I keep coming back to over and over again.

I think Serious Sam is next on my purchase list, but I'm open to recommendations.

Nice one, yeah I've messed with Waltz and Vanishing, and picked up Bridge Crew for a fiver (thanks that certificate gently caress up by Oculus).

Would def recommend these two from above if you haven't already:

Vertigo was made by a teen and is both as glitchy and as exuberant as you'd expect. Great realisation of his own ode to gaming tropes and a surprisingly coherent adventure / shoot-fest / minor puzzler.

Interkosmos is a burner experience that's worth playing without the hints and just enjoying the tongue-in-cheek Cold War chat as you land your lander.

Onward if you're into an Arma-lite take on infantry. Reloading the Support weapons is ridiculous, but totally makes sense.

On bigger budget dev, def try out these if you haven't:

The Payday 2 freebie DLC. Really solid port. Some interactions are glitchy, but essentially it's the whole game working. (Even cars in theory, although haven't tried that). Controller-led motion in there so you can swank about the place.

And like Fallout 4 or Minecraft (via Vivecraft) if you're into either (and don't mind melting bits of your machine and twiddling inis on the former)

And I'm sure you have but: Superhot, Robo Recall, Echo Arena, Dirt Rally (think it's on another 80% sale at the mo?), all that stuff.

EDIT: Oh yeah and like Elite right. Although it's no Star Citizen.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 28, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

You ahould check out Starsector by fractal softworks. Its a neat game.

It's been largely overtaken by a bunch of playalikes, the most egregious being space pirates and zombies 1/2, but their blogs are always pretty good. This one, http://fractalsoftworks.com/2015/07/26/the-trouble-with-greebles/, is actually pretty interesting in terms of detailing.

edit: fiexed coma

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 28, 2018

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

it's anime tho

If Chris Roberts is what the West has to offer, I'm emigrating to Japan asap

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Hav posted:

It's been largely overtaken by a bunch of playalikes, the most egregious being space pirates and zombies 1/2, but their blogs are always pretty good. This one, http://fractalsoftworks.com/2015/07/26/the-trouble-with-greebles/, is actually pretty interesting in terms of detailing.

What weird numeric system is that at the end?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Combat Theory posted:

You will get to the cat pound again good sir!

I'll drink to yous both commandos, your lost women, and you finding people anew.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Bofast posted:

Can confirm, Bridge Crew is a lot of frantic fun with friends (or randoms, I guess).

I'm great at pointing at danger. This could work.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Oh poo poo. What happens when you 4 in a row?

Umm, Bayak probe please.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 28, 2018

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Combat Theory posted:

Oh my what a week.

But at least the bestest dead gay comedy Thread of the internet delivers the laughs this filthy Goon needs. And the Skadden Memorandum is soooo sweet i can hear Lesnicks diabetus arching from another continent already.

Fucks sake, sorry to hear that :(

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pixelate posted:

What weird numeric system is that at the end?

European period. Looks like the url got an extra comma.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/2015/07/26/the-trouble-with-greebles/

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Bofast posted:

This made me legit laugh out loud

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Combat Theory posted:

I am sorry to hear that, but I am glad that you're not in a broken tricare base housing relationship.

There is no rationalizing the cat.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

My then sources were never at risk because no one has any clue who I actually am.

Your then sources were never at risk because they never told you anything at all that was even close to being right...

... Toast

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
If Crobber played games (he obviously doesn't) he would like this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blkQjuvY5O4

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

My then sources were never at risk because no one has any clue who I actually am.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am a perfectly normal and sane individual who purchased 8k worth of digital media, sold off half to friends, and retained approx 3k of original investment so that I can have fun in the future, in spite of everything I've read or said in this thread for more than a year.

BTW, did the ELE happen yet? I'm getting anxious.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Lol how much of a oval office do you have to be to gently caress over your friends like that?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
A perfectly normal and sane oval office

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
eight. thousand. dollars.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpOOUsb316I

Can't tell if what being demonstrated by Mark Abent, Bugsmasher, is a good thing, a bad thing, or a good thing done in a bad way. I'm guessing the latter.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

JugbandDude posted:

A perfectly normal and sane oval office

Oh okay i was starting to have my doubts

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Nicholas posted:

eight. thousand. dollars.

Willingly given, to a known charlatan, which is quite the normal and sane thing to do.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/HJ8AOEz.gifv

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/979061919381446656

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

He looks absolutely crushed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Dear breakup goons: I'm sorry bad stuff happened to you. But also think of it this way, now you have more shitposting time!

I'm sorrrrrrrry

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Tane

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
futacop wouldn't take this lying down

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Last time my girlfriend broke up with me I launched a kickstarter to get her back and also maybe save PC gaming.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

Last time my girlfriend broke up with me I launched a kickstarter to get her back and also maybe save PC gaming.

and?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

trucutru posted:

... Toast

Is this a Toast of London reference?

If so, well done