Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale

Inescapable Duck posted:

Crazy-rear end theory of the day: On further pondering, also that of the other crazy-rear end theory that Onion Gang is an allegory for the lives of the Diamonds, it may be possibly that Pink Diamond was shattered, perhaps by Rose, by the Diamonds themselves, or another Crystal Gem- and Rose Quartz revived her. Quite possibly this led Pink to let everyone assume her death and flee Earth out of shame and fear. (or other emotions)

Expanding on that, its possible that Rose did it accidentally, since she cries healing tears, and left thinking she killed Pink Diamond, never knowing she kept her from getting completely destroyed because her tears fell on her. Then someone like Yellow finds her, hides her away in some kinda stasis pod (maybe the ball on the Moon?) and lets everyone believe she is dead, so she can finally get rid of Earth, which she considers a colossal failure, and be done with this dark chapter of the Diamond regime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Infinitum posted:

Ask him to pronounce gif

https://twitter.com/online_shawn/status/542754864229785602

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Expanding on that, its possible that Rose did it accidentally, since she cries healing tears, and left thinking she killed Pink Diamond, never knowing she kept her from getting completely destroyed because her tears fell on her. Then someone like Yellow finds her, hides her away in some kinda stasis pod (maybe the ball on the Moon?) and lets everyone believe she is dead, so she can finally get rid of Earth, which she considers a colossal failure, and be done with this dark chapter of the Diamond regime

This would neatly tie up some things. As crazy fan theories go, I award it 5 Pink Lars donuts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I've been following a ton of foster kitten instagrams lately so Pool Hopping gave me a weird feeling like SU was ad-targeting me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What if Pink Diamond is in the chest

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
What if Pink Diamond IS the chest. A prodigious shapeshifter, that one.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
What if Pink Diamond is in a million pieces and her shards are reaching out psychically to Steven to try and rebuild her broken consciousness inside his head using fragments of his memories like collage pieces

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dude, what if WE'RE Pink Diamond?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What if Pink Diamond is a fusion of all the Crystal Gems?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

What if Pink Diamond was a heterogemual, like Garnet.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Infinitum posted:

What if Pink Diamond is a fusion of all the Crystal Gems?
I know this is a joke, but the temple is modeled after the fusion of all 4 gems, pre-Stephen.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Steven _is_ Pink Diamond and the series will end with him taking his rightful throne, ready to take over the universe.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

What if Pink Diamond is dead!?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
In other news, apparently there was another title leak

zugilite.tumblr.com posted:

These titles from the below sites are from CN france and are potential upcoming episodes…

• Escapism
  • Together Alone
  • Familiar
  • Legs From Here to Homeworld
  • Made of Honor
  • The Question
  • What’s Your Problem
  • Now We’re Only Falling Apart

http://www.linternaute.com/television/programme-cartoon-network-samedi-7-avril-2018/

Made of Honor is almost certainly the Rupphire wedding, and I'm willing to bet that Legs from Here to Homeworld has to do with that abandoned ship from Lion 4

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Rasamune posted:

Made of Honor is almost certainly the Rupphire wedding, and I'm willing to bet that Legs from Here to Homeworld has to do with that abandoned ship from Lion 4

Escapism
Together Alone

are definitely Lapis related

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Rasamune posted:

• Now We’re Only Falling Apart

First the Star vs. episode "Total Eclipsa the Moon", now this - must've been a Bonnie Tyler bug going around back then.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Rasamune posted:

What if Pink Diamond is in a million pieces and her shards are reaching out psychically to Steven to try and rebuild her broken consciousness inside his head using fragments of his memories like collage pieces
"Revived Power" begins to play.

[x]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What if Pink Diamond is inside The Cluster?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Infinitum posted:

This one is the most awesome way for Yellow Diamond to dispose of the evidence, in the event that she was involved.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

gently caress

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
It should be noted that these title leaks are in French, so many of them aren't gonna be the same as their english title.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Rasamune posted:

if "The Question" isn't the first half of A very Special Half-hour Steven Universe and "Made of Honor" the second, I'll eat an animated hat.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The titles for the new episodes are in English, the French titled ones are older episodes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rasamune posted:

All of these sound hella fake, but the site they come from has been correct before. These are definitely some of the weirdest titles we've had so far though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I'm hoping we see Navy again. She had a great last scene, that little psycho. :3: "The only thing wrong with this ship... Is that your still on it!" and "I wanted to see the looks on your faces when you were betrayed... by your FAVOURITE little Ruby!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BioEnchanted posted:

I'm hoping we see Navy again. She had a great last scene, that little psycho. :3: "The only thing wrong with this ship... Is that your still on it!" and "I wanted to see the looks on your faces when you were betrayed... by your FAVOURITE little Ruby!"

Man, getting revenge on people who shot you into space isn't psycho it's rational. Navy did nothing wrong :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rasamune posted:

• Legs From Here to Homeworld

rear end Ship confirmed?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I feel like these episodes are a bit lacking in structure. There doesn't seem to be much attention paid to giving individual scenes tension, stakes, or an emotional arc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it's a far cry from episodes like Cat Fingers, Rose's Room, or Steven and the Stevens where they routinely packed a full three act structure with rising action, climax and denouement into eleven minutes.

They kind of feel more slice-of-lifey, which can be fine (I liked Letters to Lars for this) but sometimes feels a bit aimless (The Big Show). The bomb format allows the show to spread out its dramatic beats and emotional depth over runs of several episodes, but the result is sometimes that individual episodes feel unmemorable and indistinct. Their edges kind of run together and you end up with an impression of the whole.

It's not always the case, and I still love the show a lot, but I'd really dig some more structurally tight episodes that seem to work with the 11 minute format instead of straining against its edges.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Her shards would have to have been added last-minute, cause everyone fled the planet very shortly after her death

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

gmq posted:

Steven _is_ Pink Diamond and the series will end with him taking his rightful throne, ready to take over the universe.

I knew this was going to be Dune.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean... the shards are indestructible.

What's left of Pink Diamond does kind of have to be somewhere.

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
Oct 27, 2006

]
Pillbug

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean... the shards are indestructible.

What's left of Pink Diamond does kind of have to be somewhere.

Maybe she's just chilling with all the other unsalvageables?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, if you wanted to hide Pink Diamond you'd just throw her in with the Rose Quartzes. Nobody would ever notice.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Seriously, if you wanted to hide Pink Diamond you'd just throw her in with the Rose Quartzes. Nobody would ever notice.

Be pretty amazing if they went there with Blue being the mastermind behind it all. Her grieving might not be purely out of loss, but also out of guilt.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

Be pretty amazing if they went there with Blue being the mastermind behind it all. Her grieving might not be purely out of loss, but also out of guilt.

If she knew what happened she wouldn't have been so invested in what zircon had to say about the inconsistencies in the report. She had no reason to pretend to be interested if she had been responsible for what happened to pink.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 29, 2018

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Hihohe posted:

What if Pink Diamond is dead!?

What if the real Pink Diamond is the friends we made on the way?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

JuniperCake posted:

If she knew what happened she wouldn't have been so invested in what zircon had to say about the inconsistencies in the report. She had no reason to pretend to be interested if she had been responsible for what happened to pink.

If Blue ever finds out that Rose's sword was physically unable to shatter anyone, she'll probably beeline straight for Steven, Grab him and just go "WHY THE gently caress DID YOU NOT BRING THAT UP DURING THE TRIAL?!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He kind of did, saying Rose probably would have used the secret weapon designed specifically to shatter Gems with ease, unaware that a sword was supposedly used.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Macaluso posted:

What if Pink Diamond is in the chest

I assume that's where she is, because what's the point of it otherwise? It's got to be her shards or else whatever was used to shatter her, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Despite witness accounts, maybe she was just poofed and then corrupted by the song.