Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I'm a professional, you'll see

It helps to know the person writing mwse

Ah, I wasn't trying to question that it was possible. I don't know why I formatted that like a question. It was more of just ideas on how to translate skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

This needs more attention. Lost it at Runs-In-Circles

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I never knew Baurus was so obsessed with flexing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The Doomhammer posted:

I never knew Baurus was so obsessed with flexing.

IM FLEXIN LIKE SITHIS (OOOOH)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Is the cumulative effect in Skyrim where you have max enchanting, smithing and alchemy, and use a potion to make you better at enchanting to make a smithing outfit, then use a potion to make you better at smithing, then smith; too good to the point where it was unintentional and I shouldn't use it?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It is debateably unintentional and you definitely should use it.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
It was better when it was just an infinite alchemy loop

Less running around and fewer load screens to get stupid strong.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

The correct way to play TES is always to break the game as hard as you possibly can over your knee.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Ms Adequate posted:

The correct way to play TES is always to break the game as hard as you possibly can over your knee.

I used to play The Elder Scrolls, like you, then I took the game to my knee.

(User feels ashamed for this post.)

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Mar 28, 2018

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Is the cumulative effect in Skyrim where you have max enchanting, smithing and alchemy, and use a potion to make you better at enchanting to make a smithing outfit, then use a potion to make you better at smithing, then smith; too good to the point where it was unintentional and I shouldn't use it?

It was better before the Unoffical Patch hosed it up, because all the "Fortify" enchantments on gear was considered restoration effects. The loop was:

1 Get a bunch of Fortify Alchemy gear
2 brew a fortify enchanting potion
3 unequip/reequip all your fortify alchemy gear
4 repeat 2 & 3 until you have some Fortify Enchanting +10 gajillion
5 make some new Fortify Alchemy & Smithing gear that has a + 10 gajillion%
6 Make some gloves/gauntlets with fortify unarmed strike + 10 gajillion points
7 Be One-Punch Man.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Depends on if you want the game to be super-easy or not.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
On one hand, turning yourself into a god is basically peak Elder Scrolls, and I love doing it. On the other, that's a bit of an exploit, which is why I've never done it that way.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Only a true god is able to jump over the Odai river in Balmora.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Sky Shadowing posted:

On one hand, turning yourself into a god is basically peak Elder Scrolls, and I love doing it. On the other, that's a bit of an exploit, which is why I've never done it that way.

On the third hand rubbing the temple above the third eye, it's an identical exploit to the one in Morrowind so it's obscene that they somehow didn't catch it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

John F Bennett posted:

Only a true god is able to jump over the Odai river in Balmora.

Man you could get so gangster in morrowind. Floatin serenely over to ghostgate on the wings of my godlike magical powers~

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Or on the wings of the godlike magical powers Vivec decided to share with you in exchange for a store-bought levitation potion.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I would only use it if you're, say, deliberately using leather armor and a plain steel sword because you like the aesthetic. Dual-enchanting all your poo poo so you can sneak around in heavy armor is also fun.

But one-shotting everything with insanely powerful weapons is boring.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Ms Adequate posted:

CHIM

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What are the threads favorite Skyrim quests/questlines in terms of story and your favorite for gameplay?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

What are the threads favorite Skyrim quests/questlines in terms of story and your favorite for gameplay?

The quest with the mage where you get Keening for story, and probably all the cool stuff in Dragonborn for gameplay

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Off the top of my head, I liked the Forsworn Conspiracy, the lighthouse story, and the murders in Windhelm.

In the main quest, I liked when you had to infiltrate the Thalmor embassy. I always RP'd it up and took a minimal supply of items, and tried to do a stealthy infiltration and gather all of the dossiers. And I love murdering Thalmor so when stealth failed, it was a good consolation prize.

I'm also a huge sucker for the last questline. It was a cool set piece getting dropped off by Odahving, and then murdering your way through a horde of dragons, draugr, and a dragon priest. The Sovngarde follow up just topped it all off as a really atmospheric area. The Alduin fight, being a dragon, was still nothing exciting, but everything else was good.

Nothing really stands out from a pure gameplay perspective. Story or atmosphere are what usually stand out for me.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 28, 2018

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

A night to remember is fun af.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I rather like the Blackreach expedition questline where you have to retrieve the first scroll. The atmosphere + the increasing amount of chaos in the Sulla expedition (along with Sulla slowly losing his mind) had me on edge the first time I played through it, and that was before getting into Blackreach proper.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Off the top of my head, I liked the Forsworn Conspiracy, the lighthouse story, and the murders in Windhelm.

In the main quest, I liked when you had to infiltrate the Thalmor embassy. I always RP'd it up and took a minimal supply of items, and tried to do a stealthy infiltration and gather all of the dossiers. And I love murdering Thalmor so when stealth failed, it was a good consolation prize.

I'm also a huge sucker for the last questline. It was a cool set piece getting dropped off by Odahving, and then murdering your way through a horde of dragons, draugr, and a dragon priest. The Sovngarde follow up just topped it all off as a really atmospheric area. The Alduin fight, being a dragon, was still nothing exciting, but everything else was good.

Nothing really stands out from a pure gameplay perspective. Story or atmosphere are what usually stand out for me.

The moment where you exit the portal and hear the chanting of the main theme and look up to see the huge void is one of my favorite moments in this series

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
For gameplay I like the Dawnguard expansion, especially the Forgotten Vale stuff. Nightcaller Temple was also pretty cool the first time.

For story, it's got to be the part after you take Esbern to Alduin's Wall. I loved the meeting with Paarthurnax. Arngeir is interesting in this part too - he reveals he's on Alduin's side and literally refuses to help you stop him until he gets bitched out by the other Greybeards.

This was probably posted already, but here is a cool resource for reading TES NPC dialogue. you can search by game/character in the upper left, my bookmark is just set to Paarthy by default: http://content3.uesp.net/oblivion/cs/cslist.php?game=sr&formid=0x0003c57c

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Nth Doctor posted:

A night to remember is fun af.

This is my vote. The Mehrunes Dagon quest is fun too, it's a nice Oblivion throwback and ends up with an NPC realizing he's made a terrible mistake :allears:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I usually start that quest being all sneaky and stealthy, then give up about halfway through and just butcher my way through a bunch of nazi elves.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I want a quest that involves murdering that smarmy gently caress in Whiterun who scoffs at your apparent infrequent visits to the Cloud District, which, if I'm not mistaken, is up a single loving staircase two feet from him.

Edit: Sorry, it's apparently 2-3 staircases.

I miss Morrowind's towns.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I want a quest that involves murdering that smarmy gently caress in Whiterun who scoffs at your apparent infrequent visits to the Cloud District, which, if I'm not mistaken, is up a single loving staircase two feet from him.

You may be interested in this mod.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The dude even lives in an inn.

Maybe it's an appropriate thing to say to you when you first get to town, but by the time you're landed nobility, and have either saved or helped usurp the Jarl's throne, he can probably cool it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The dude even lives in an inn.

Maybe it's an appropriate thing to say to you when you first get to town, but by the time you're landed nobility, and have either saved or helped usurp the Jarl's throne, he can probably cool it.

Or, if, y'know... You take a three-second walk.

I understand that the scaling is all hosed up in TES, but at least hide the part of the city that people reference (as if it's some big deal) in another cell, behind a loading screen, if necessary.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Nazeem really should get all sycophantic and poo poo once you get status, he's described even by his own wife as a brown nose, dude should move to "Ah, nice to see at least one other person of worth" to outright like "If you want to declare your self High Queen, I am 100% down"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Heh heh. Another of his mods is "Daedric Punishment For Insults Relating To Sweetrolls". This dude is CHIM as gently caress.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

What happened to the wreck of the Numidium after Daggerfall and the Warp in the West?

If it was 1000 ft tall, that's got to leave a huge pile of scrap Dwemer alloy somewhere. Or did it warp off to wherever the Dwemer went?

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

axolotl farmer posted:

What happened to the wreck of the Numidium after Daggerfall and the Warp in the West?

If it was 1000 ft tall, that's got to leave a huge pile of scrap Dwemer alloy somewhere. Or did it warp off to wherever the Dwemer went?

Somebody was later seen leaving the area with maxed smithing and some swanky armor.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

axolotl farmer posted:

Pretty sure it exploded and the pieces scattered across spacetime.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nathilus posted:

Heh heh. Another of his mods is "Daedric Punishment For Insults Relating To Sweetrolls". This dude is CHIM as gently caress.

He loses points for the Arrow to the Knee punishment being a lightning bolt and not an arrow from the heavens.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

axolotl farmer posted:

Isn't it still in the Warp in the West and it eventually getting out is Landfall?

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
If C0DA is to be believed, Numidium gets sent in to a time warp after Tiber Septim uses it to destroy the 2nd Aldmeri dominion. It comes back (a la Alduin) in the 5th era and proceeds to destroy mankind and erase the Altmer. The Nerevarine, born again, appears riding Akhulakan and delays it long enough to allow the Dunmer and Khajitt to escape to the moon in a spaceship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I want a happy ending for Numidium. The confused metal lad just needs a cozy universe of his own to be atheist in