Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I was getting brunch today, and the one TV above the bar had some weird movie playing on mute. It looked like they tried to combine Clash of the Titans with Harry Potter. Like, a few characters had tiny goat horns, there was a centaur, and there was a Cyclops that fought with a mechanical bull.

Then they went in to the ‘real world’.

I missed a lot of it, but what on Earth had I watched part of?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was getting brunch today, and the one TV above the bar had some weird movie playing on mute. It looked like they tried to combine Clash of the Titans with Harry Potter. Like, a few characters had tiny goat horns, there was a centaur, and there was a Cyclops that fought with a mechanical bull.

Then they went in to the ‘real world’.

I missed a lot of it, but what on Earth had I watched part of?!

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to remember a movie where this doughy-looking middle-aged bald guy with a moustache chases a biker gang who have kidnapped his daughter and goes all Liam Neeson on them; beats them all in fistfights. I think it would've been an 80s movie.

It ends with him and his daughter driving out of town and getting stopped by a police officer who knows he's gone and Charles Bronsoned these bikers to death, but decides to let him go and asks, "Do you have any idea how lucky you are?" or something like that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie where this doughy-looking middle-aged bald guy with a moustache chases a biker gang who have kidnapped his daughter and goes all Liam Neeson on them; beats them all in fistfights. I think it would've been an 80s movie.

It ends with him and his daughter driving out of town and getting stopped by a police officer who knows he's gone and Charles Bronsoned these bikers to death, but decides to let him go and asks, "Do you have any idea how lucky you are?" or something like that.

Is it Motorcyle Gang? Stars Gerald McRaney aka Major Dad and Jake Busey as the head of the biker gang, made for Showtime in 1994 and directed by John loving Milius lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4wHtcP4RMg

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Is it Motorcyle Gang? Stars Gerald McRaney aka Major Dad and Jake Busey as the head of the biker gang, made for Showtime in 1994 and directed by John loving Milius lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4wHtcP4RMg

It looks familiar. I'll have to watch a bit of it and see what comes back to me. Thanks.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hey thanks! I hadn’t heard of either of these films. I guess they were shown back to back, because at one point, a guy opened a fridge and Medusa’s head attacked him.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010
Closest thread I can find...

Someone was telling me about a youtube series in which the white male host (who might have long hair and some facial hair) gives bad advice "passive-aggressively."

In of the videos is about how you shouldn't go to college.

Another one is about how you should rent forever instead of owning.

The person couldn't remember the name of the series or host though.

Anybody know what he's talking about?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
hell that's half the libertarians and alt right chuds on youtube

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
Okay in the 90s i remember going to a movie that was really boring, it had some big name male lead that my parent wanted to see.

I think the person suffers a head/brain injury or possibly was disabled? However it ends up they're a genius and they show this by explaining how trees reach out to each other as they grow.

I assume I made this up, as I was super not into it.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Rushi posted:

Okay in the 90s i remember going to a movie that was really boring, it had some big name male lead that my parent wanted to see.

I think the person suffers a head/brain injury or possibly was disabled? However it ends up they're a genius and they show this by explaining how trees reach out to each other as they grow.

Phenomenon starring John Travolta?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rushi posted:

Sounds like Powder

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

FaradayCage posted:

Someone was telling me about a youtube series in which the white male host (who might have long hair and some facial hair) gives bad advice "passive-aggressively."

The YouTube intellectual thread got shuttered for mysterious reasons, but you could try the alt right thread or the dark enlightenment thread. They specialize in this kind of stuff.

My best guess would be The Amazing Atheist (for facial hair and idiocy) or Prager U (for general terrible advice).

Rob was taken
Mar 8, 2006

FaradayCage posted:

This guy?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looking for the name of an 80s thriller involving a detective tracking a serial killer. There's a scene in it where an elderly woman goes down to her kitchen at night, opens her fridge to get something out, then closes the door and the killer is standing there in a balaclava drinking a glass of milk. I'm pretty sure there's also a scene at the end where the protagonist goes to a house where the killer is holed up and I think he finds a dead kid shoved into a washing machine or a dryer or something like that?

I might be confusing it with another movie, but I think the killer had a kind of modulated robotic voice and at the end he targets the detective's daughter while she's at home alone. Like I say, might be a different movie.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

This feels correct.

I won't see the guy for another 7 months or so. So I cannot confirm 100%.

But thank you, I think this is it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Looking for the name of an 80s thriller involving a detective tracking a serial killer. There's a scene in it where an elderly woman goes down to her kitchen at night, opens her fridge to get something out, then closes the door and the killer is standing there in a balaclava drinking a glass of milk. I'm pretty sure there's also a scene at the end where the protagonist goes to a house where the killer is holed up and I think he finds a dead kid shoved into a washing machine or a dryer or something like that?

I might be confusing it with another movie, but I think the killer had a kind of modulated robotic voice and at the end he targets the detective's daughter while she's at home alone. Like I say, might be a different movie.

I haven't seen it in 20 years, so it may be way off, but possibly Copycat?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Retro Futurist posted:

Sounds like Powder

No, I don't think it's Powder. That dude wasn't disabled, he was just albino with the power to use electricity in weird ways.

Marshmallow Electro Man, really.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
This should be a pretty easy one for this thread. An Asian horror movie that has a bunch of cops being captured by a cult led by a weird baby-faced dude. In other words, whatever movie this gif is from (linked for flashing lights and crazy people covered in blood).

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

Doctor Bishop posted:

This should be a pretty easy one for this thread. An Asian horror movie that has a bunch of cops being captured by a cult led by a weird baby-faced dude. In other words, whatever movie this gif is from (linked for flashing lights and crazy people covered in blood).

Baskin, a Turkish horror movie.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Russian Guyovitch posted:

Baskin, a Turkish horror movie.

Thanks. For whatever stupid reason, my memory had me convinced that this movie was made in Thailand or thereabouts. Clearly, I was thinking of entirely the wrong part of Asia. :downs:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That movie is great.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Not sure if this is a movie or TV show, but I think in the opening scenes, somebody throws a dog out of a car (I think the dog is in a bag) and the main good guy of the movie stops his car to save the dog. I'm thinking it is probably from the 70s or 80s.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

SkunkDuster posted:

Not sure if this is a movie or TV show, but I think in the opening scenes, somebody throws a dog out of a car (I think the dog is in a bag) and the main good guy of the movie stops his car to save the dog. I'm thinking it is probably from the 70s or 80s.

Out For Justice, with Steven Seagal (pre-fatass) and Jerry Orbach.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Out For Justice, with Steven Seagal (pre-fatass) and Jerry Orbach.

That's exactly it. Thanks much!

Juicef
Feb 14, 2009
There was a movie I streamed where a woman lived in a rural area with her rear end in a top hat husband and a bunch of other assholes. Eventually her husband's rear end in a top hat attitude results in her child being killed by smashing her head against a rock. The woman reacts by going on a killing spree with a knife. I remember specifically a scene where the child is killed by falling and striking her head against a rock, and also a scene where her husband does some carpentry or some poo poo and the village treats him like a God.

Do you know what movie i'm talking about?

I think it was Korean.

Please tell me it's name or where I can find it.

I thank you.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Juicef posted:

There was a movie I streamed where a woman lived in a rural area with her rear end in a top hat husband and a bunch of other assholes. Eventually her husband's rear end in a top hat attitude results in her child being killed by smashing her head against a rock. The woman reacts by going on a killing spree with a knife. I remember specifically a scene where the child is killed by falling and striking her head against a rock, and also a scene where her husband does some carpentry or some poo poo and the village treats him like a God.

Do you know what movie i'm talking about?

I think it was Korean.

Please tell me it's name or where I can find it.

I thank you.

Bedeviled?

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Yaws posted:

Bedeviled?

I'm almost certain you're correct but for the sake of clarity the Korean film is Bedevilled (two L's). Bedeviled (one L) is an American movie about an app-based supernatural slasher.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I'm almost certain you're correct but for the sake of clarity the Korean film is Bedevilled (two L's). Bedeviled (one L) is an American movie about an app-based supernatural slasher.

nice catch

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
This is going to be somewhat vague, I apologize.

I was in a hipster bar like 10 years ago and they were playing a movie on their projector. It looked kinda surreal to me. It was live action with some CG. There were robots and a dude in a red coat like the Full Metal Alchemist character or Dante from devil may cry. I _think_ it was korean or japanese.

Ring any bells out there?

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Spite posted:

This is going to be somewhat vague, I apologize.

I was in a hipster bar like 10 years ago and they were playing a movie on their projector. It looked kinda surreal to me. It was live action with some CG. There were robots and a dude in a red coat like the Full Metal Alchemist character or Dante from devil may cry. I _think_ it was korean or japanese.

Ring any bells out there?

The live action Casshern movie?
https://youtu.be/i--UUeGTMvo

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I liked Bedeviled a lot and encourage people to watch it.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Raspberry Bang posted:

The live action Casshern movie?
https://youtu.be/i--UUeGTMvo

poo poo, that's it.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I only ever saw the trailer, It was a 90s-2000s thriller, some sort of... assassination or robbery or something happens right at the knockout of a big boxing match. The investigator guy plays it in slo-mo and it zooms in on the blow whiffing and you can hear him yell "IT WAS A PHANTOM PUNCH!"

Googling only gets me the movie Phantom Punch which can't be it

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

I only ever saw the trailer, It was a 90s-2000s thriller, some sort of... assassination or robbery or something happens right at the knockout of a big boxing match. The investigator guy plays it in slo-mo and it zooms in on the blow whiffing and you can hear him yell "IT WAS A PHANTOM PUNCH!"

The Nic Cage classic Snake Eyes

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
What they said ^^^

The Chad Jihad posted:

Snake Eyes

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Price Check posted:

The Nic Cage classic Snake Eyes

LesterGroans posted:

What they said ^^^

Snake Eyes

Thank you both! That one was really bugging me

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Looking for a Documentry I saw once about WW2. It seemed focused about the Pacific War, I remember episodes about Australian veterans, Nurses, Americans it seemed focused on Southest Asia all those small islands.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Hell in the Pacific maybe?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Detective Thompson posted:

Hell in the Pacific maybe?

Wow that's it. Appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I think this starred a black rapper and early 90s but not sure.
Guy gets taken out into the woods on a hunting trip by his work mates, and finds out he is the one being hunted.
And instead of legging it he doubles back and starts killing them all one by one.