Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

Not to be a show-off, but I put up a new-and-improved Gilgamesh carry. Noct's LB does around 8% damage when Greg has no buffs up, but I'd wait until Greg is at 5% or below to get the LB kill.
http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr/links/16NZhE

If you guys get this done by the weekend and it's the FFX rerun then I can switch over to a Dark Esper carrying DV.

We're already friends. My IGN is PDQ, with the Noctis up.

I've sent you a friend req. (IGN: PDQ) For Gilgamesh the carry is easy. Make any party of 4 or less units to meet mission objectives, select the friend unit (like mine), and hit auto. Noctis will auto-attack until Gilgamesh is dead while evading all attacks. If you want to get the Trust Moogle mission done, go to your options and set Auto Limit Burst to OFF, use auto-attack and keep an eye out for Gilgamesh to be at 5% or lower HP, then activate Noctis's LB.

If you don't have access to the Vortex yet, you can get there by selecting the "30 Million Downloads Raffle" banner on the top right of the home screen and then press the Back button. The Chamber of the Fallen is in the Nemeses tab. Also, be sure to do the Raffle and LM Fina events, since the Raffle ends this week.

Thanks PDQ! Your tterra has been huge for the other events and such too. Half the equipment I have is probably due to your carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

I always liked Animus. Gonna have to see what he can do.

Wasn't Anima a she? Seymour's mom, wasn't it?

Or is that a typo.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I’ve pulled CG Sakura, Dark Fina, seabreeze Dark Fina and Balthier in the last couple weeks. Also 3 ashes and an Amelia so I guess I’ll start doing the arena thing more.

I then pulled a Lunera and Marie from my 30M ticket and 10+1 tickets today. Good last couple weeks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
DQ11 finally got a western release date for pc/PS4. Maybe we'll see the dq collab in September to coincide game's western launch. Would be rough if 7* isn't out by then, but it probably will be.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
My dark espers carry can just auto through the fight (use dark punishment when you have the mana to speed it up if you want). You’ll need a unit with the hide ability if you want L sword mastery anyway, which is the big prize from that trial. Siren’s robe and ifrit’s claw aren’t bad starter pieces until then. Unless you have a hide unit that can survive a turn not hiding, you’ll need to run it twice for all the missions. The summon one is only a 10% moogle, though, so not the highest priority.

PaybackJack posted:

Wasn't Anima a she? Seymour's mom, wasn't it?

Or is that a typo.

I honestly don’t remember but that sounds right. I played ffx recently but kinda zipped through all the dialogue because I mostly wanted to see what the super bosses were like. Autocorrect gave me the wrong name but I forgot altogether the backstory. Just thought it was a cool design and she makes an impression at the reveal at the blitzball tournament.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 28, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yup that’s seymores mom.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I've gotten 2 rainbows off the free tickets so far. 2 10% moogles.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Johnny Nomad posted:

Now you are actually out of friend capacity. You can buy more for 100 lapis per 5 slots, if you'd like.

This was my next question. It looks like I’m at 10/10, the only way to increase is by expanding with lapis ?

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

This was my next question. It looks like I’m at 10/10, the only way to increase is by expanding with lapis ?

Lapis or the occasional "expansion voucher" which has been given out from time to time.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Johnny Nomad posted:

Lapis or the occasional "expansion voucher" which has been given out from time to time.

They were being given out from time to time...

:argh:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I got one 10% moogle and mainly jack poo poo otherwise. Few yellows, but nothing I needed unfortunately even TMR-wise.

I have a few friends list slots, anyone need aileen / ex aileen / t. terra / GLS / the new friggin catdragon when I finish potting it up? Most of my A2 list was old players so I have her benched for now. Also have some strong support units including a Mystea I can gear for nearly 10k life, Wilhelm at like 11.1k with around 700 def, and a Marie with about 700 Spr who can regen for about 3700 a turn after a 100% spr buff. I can up full dodgers, if that's helpful for anyone too. Let me know your friend code if any of this would be helpful.

Edit: spent the lapis from the story event on an extra 10+1 on the banner. Got a rainbow, third lightning. Gritting teeth, hiding pain

Agreed fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 28, 2018

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bob NewSCART posted:

It also increases a bit as you rank up, 30 base at rank 20.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Rank_Experience_Chart

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Spent some lapis to get the rest of the goons who sent me friend requests accepted. I also killed gilgamesh with the help of that noctis, props to that goon! What other nemeses should I run?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Bob NewSCART posted:

Spent some lapis to get the rest of the goons who sent me friend requests accepted. I also killed gilgamesh with the help of that noctis, props to that goon! What other nemeses should I run?

Sent you a request. I had to buy some more room myself. I’ve got a dark veritas that can solo the beats of the dark fight. You really want to do the fight with a single unit in your party that can use Hide. If you hide every turn while DV whittles them down you can get ifrit’s claw, large sword mastery, and siren’s robe - which are all solid pieces (large sword being something you’ll slap on to dark veritas and never take it off).

You’ll want to work toward getting Demon Mail (Parade of the Possessed) - especially since you have DV. It’s another item that’s best in slot for him. You’ll need to carry a little of your own weight for Parade just because there’s too much there to prepare one unit for. But with what you have to start with it shouldn’t take very long.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
Ugato I just used your DV to beat down the Dark Beasts and thank you very much for that. I have a DV but none of the trimmings you have, and that was a smooth 20 min ride to victory! Thank you again!!!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I think I comprehend the 101s on provoke vs. cover tanks.

Is there any actual, real, current fight where I'd pick my beloved Wilhelm over my new Basch? Which one(s)??

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Bob NewSCART posted:

Um, all of them? At least the ones below Gilgamesh. After that you will probably need more strategy than "bring an overpowered friend."

Cobalt60 posted:

I think I comprehend the 101s on provoke vs. cover tanks.

Is there any actual, real, current fight where I'd pick my beloved Wilhelm over my new Basch? Which one(s)??

The robot punchman trial, for one. He will smack one person, usually the highest ATK party member, but I think Billhelm's provoke will override that?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Aigaion's Left Arm's gently caress off punch does target highest ATK unless a provoke is up, then it'll go after them. A suitably built Wilhelm can tank the gently caress off punch and the rest of the attacks too with reasonable success. I think Great Malboro has something similar too.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Ah great to hear, since I need to do both those fights, still. Thanks!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ZarathustraFollower posted:

3 from the 30m tickets and 1 from yesterdays 10+1. All of them absolutely trash. well and 2 10% moogles too

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

3 from the 30m tickets and 1 from yesterdays 10+1. All of them absolutely trash. well and 2 10% moogles too

I got an Explorer Eileen, and since then I haven't pulled poo poo.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So what did you get? Will they be salvageable once 7* comes around?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So what did you get? Will they be salvageable once 7* comes around?

10+1 was gladio, the tickets were 2nd and 3rd marie which are absolutely donkey poo poo in 7* form and need a real big rework in global if they are to be worth anything, even their STMR is poo poo. 4th was second gilgamesh with is funnily enough my only 7* capable DR character and also got a mediocre 7*

Gilgamesh was probably the best pull despite that because having a DR capable character shores me up in case Fryvia gets DR frames on her 7*. I already have piledriver and quick trick covered as well so that only leaves Aureole Ray, Onion (My first UOC will def be a second Loren so she covers both of those) and chain patters that haven't come out yet.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 29, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why is 7* Marie bad? I've got three of those.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her 7* adds a single target 2k health barrier that recovers some mp on the side. Problem, most 7* healers get 2k party wide shields and most supports get aoe 80+ mp refreshes.

Marie gets a 70% light/dark resist ABILITY. This limits her flexibility on fights with multiple elements which is theoretically the fights where she would be the most useful. Splitting this ability into two different green magic spells would help her out a lot.

Marie's cooldown ability is on a 7 turn timer. Its massive and the most important thing it brings is 100% immunity against all elements for one turn, everything else it brings can be brought by another character in some capacity. Yeah its strong, but its just not very consistent and no way you can design content around it.

Global needs to split the light and resist ability into two spells, she needs to have a passive that improves her protect and shell abilities to be at like 120%, her limit break has to be enhanced in some way through her TMR passive like others had gotten them. More instances of reflect or provide something else in addition to the reflect.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well here's hoping that Global is a different game.

I switched my Evade gear to Lightning from Fohlen, I really like him but Lightning has better equipment options so I can switch some stuff around to make her maybe good for more than one Trial. She will still do at least as good as Fohlen for those who haven't beat Gilgamesh yet.

You know what would be neat? Two Rings of the Lucii, that seems to be the trick to having easily equipped Evade units...

No Noctis though.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well, my friends list is lazy with month+inactives now, so it must be time to post up my code again.

781 070 227

Currently I've got a 1083 MAG T.Terra up, but I usually roll 1100+ ATK 2B or Orlandu. I can gear up a 100% evade Noctis or Lightning for trials when people need them, too.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Request sent

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Some 7* upgrades are just kinda meh, unfortunately.

While others are Dark Veritas and his non-cooldown 16 hit 600% damage attack that inflicts a 65% dark vuln.

..and it gets an extra +50% to the modifier at level 120.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

So what should I be hoping to pull now to round my team out? And when should I actually be pulling other than the half off daily pull and the free daily tickets?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
pull the plug on the game

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Bob NewSCART posted:

So what should I be hoping to pull now to round my team out? And when should I actually be pulling other than the half off daily pull and the free daily tickets?

I think you're still short a tank?

Charlotte is decent and is only a 3* base. Warrior of Light and Veritas of the Earth are great but they are 4*.

Those three are cover tanks, they could cover all physical damage for your entire party.

Cagnazzo is a pretty good provoke tank at 4* as well. Provoke tanks are the type that force the enemy's single target attacks to go to them, but they mitigate a part of that damage.

Mystea is a cover tank, but for magic damage. You'll be glad if you get one of her as well, she's really useful especially if you pair her with a provoke tank, as you can really only have one aoe cover ability come into effect at a time. She is also 4*.

Basch and Wilhelm are the two best tanks that are still pullable, they are both rainbows. Basch has aoe cover for both physical and magical, and Wilhelm is the best provoke tank in the game. They are both incredible but as they are rainbows, your chances of pulling them are very slim. Chow is the best magic damage tank in the game but he's a limited unit so can no longer be pulled.

Also, don't spend laps on pulls other than the daily. If they release the step up banner in the future it might be worth it, but for now just stick with your dailies and free tickets.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
You'll want a trio of Tanks. One for Provoking, one for covering AoE physical and one for AoE magical.

Warrior of Light, a base 4* can cover the first two with enhancements. WoL can also cover breaks pretty well. While Mystea, another base 4* can cover magic.

You also want a support, aka a Bard. There isn't really a great option for this below 5* but saving your tickets and pulls for CG Nichol is a good idea and if you get Ramza, Lunera or Roy before that would be great.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Mar 29, 2018

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Oh yeah support. Actually Soleil is pretty good and is only 4*, but you need to enhance her. She doesn't come with the hp/mp refreshes that the 5* bards do, but she can keep up +120% to all stats on a 2 turn dance rotation.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Some 7* upgrades are just kinda meh, unfortunately.

While others are Dark Veritas and his non-cooldown 16 hit 600% damage attack that inflicts a 65% dark vuln.

..and it gets an extra +50% to the modifier at level 120.

Things are better than they were before 7* but the outliers are really bad. There is a clear bias against dual wielders that global will probably address given how they propped up magic when it took JP forever to react to the differences and our TDH finishers are clearly better than japans at this point in time. If they give a higher base equip attack to dual wielders in their passives and provide a few extra means of getting dual wield equip attack from gear then you'd have a more balanced character roster.

This doesn't fix the outliers though, units like DK Cecil, Fohlen, Marie are mechanically challenged and need complete reworks to make them functional in the 7* meta.

e- Next JP event is a new FF3 one I think and it has onion knight refia :swoon:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Bob NewSCART posted:

I'd highly recommend saving tickets for the Sephiroth banner, coming in the next 1-2 months. Sephiroth can perfect-chain with your VoD and provides a Light resist-down debuff on his attack, and since you'll have Excalibur II from Steiner at some point and probably another light weapon down the line, you'll be able to get both to chain Light damage and benefit from Sephiroth's resist debuff to deal even more damage.

Otherwise, there's two more Fina-level "CG" units coming out around the same time: Maritime Strategist Nichol and Heavenly Mechanic Lid. MS Nichol is going to be the best buffer and HM Lid will be the best breaker for a good while, but you'll probably be better off waiting for the anniversary banner in summer to pull them, which will have much better chances. Honestly, you can manage without them for wrecking events just because you got VoD and CG Fina.

In the meantime, always do your daily half-pulls! You need to build up your 3-4*s for important TMRs!

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 29, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I would place a bet right now that Sephiroth will be the anniversary week, like Tidus was last year.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

MohShuvuu posted:

pull the plug on the game

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Goes away tonight at server reset, don’t miss out on all the free gungnirs and equip H. shields...

This got a very nice stealth boost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
FFBE has more maintenance downtime than any mobile game I've ever played and still manages to break their poo poo more than anyone else. :doh:

• Locked thread