Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

That would be a good way to prevent the particles getting airborne

Maybe with your tiny ant dick it is.

In more on-topic if repetitive content Cpt Leaksmith is still leaning on me to do his thinking for him, even as I'm filling out exit surveys and handing over credentials. I can hear the disappointment in his new team lead's voice when he talks about what he's done that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

The Iron Rose posted:

This is a terrible derail that is not going to do this thread any good.

More poo poo that pisses you off: This is a terrible derail that is not going to do this thread any good.

Make it happen Mods.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I usually get to work early for various reasons, avoiding traffic mainly.
Today I got in about a hour early, had a nice morning walk, screwing around online, normal stuff.

I really need to take what feels like a enormas poo poo.
I'm holding on bravely, only 15 more minutes until my start time and then I'll go.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

fist4jesus posted:

Today I got in about a hour early, had a nice morning walk, screwing around online, normal stuff.

I'm holding on bravely, only 15 more minutes until my start time and then I'll go.

Boss makes a dollar; I make a dime,
That's why I poo poo on company time!

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But do you put your bowel movements in your calendar as an appointment? Because I have 2 daily meetings and I have a pre meeting bowel movement ritual and I'm seriously considering putting them in my calendar to keep the time free.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

fist4jesus posted:

:discourse:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Sprechensiesexy posted:

But do you put your bowel movements in your calendar as an appointment? Because I have 2 daily meetings and I have a pre meeting bowel movement ritual and I'm seriously considering putting them in my calendar to keep the time free.

I have a meeting my calendar twice a week where I sit in one of the massage chairs for 30 minutes named "physical audit".

I am down to maybe 3 hours of actual work a day now. I want to feel like I am getting lazy but the reality is that I am just getting more efficient.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I'm back and it was terrible. And once again my hidden stash of wet wipes saved the day.
Not my problem if the plumber needs to come out twice a year as the plumbing cant cope with them. :dukedog:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Sickening posted:

I am down to maybe 3 hours of actual work a day now. I want to feel like I am getting lazy but the reality is that I am just getting more efficient.

Yeah baby. I stopped working at times when I could feel I wasn't making progress and cut my hours down to 10-16:30, didn't affect my productivity because that's the whole point.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

fist4jesus posted:

I'm back and it was terrible. And once again my hidden stash of wet wipes saved the day.
Not my problem if the plumber needs to come out twice a year as the plumbing cant cope with them. :dukedog:

Get the flushable kind.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Love to upgrade the firmware of a device and have it automatically enable a new service on a port that overrides an existing rule :cool:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

I've never taken more than a weekend off for a job change, even when I moved cities. I always say I will next time, but it never happens. I don't know what having a week or two to myself would even be like.

My last job change, I intentionally gave myself almost 3 weeks between. It felt really, really good too, especially after the 5 years of MSP hell I dealt with. Helped that I had a ton of banked PTO they were forced to pay out, close to a month because of all the hours we worked.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

The client from that weekend actually called me to yell at me a few weeks later. Demanding I work for them instead of whatever my new job was. He was extremely rude and aggressive and even threatened me. I kept him on the phone because it was really entertaining.

I had similar with the same MSP mentioned above - a couple clients I worked with directly offered me jobs, too bad they were offering less than I made at the MSP already. New job was almost a 30% pay increase and part of the upside was never having to deal with these stupid, careless, needy clients ever again.

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 28, 2018

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Burning_Monk posted:

Get the flushable kind.

There is no such thing.
All of them are terrible.
But my issue, it is not.

SpaceRangerJoe
Dec 24, 2003

The little hand says it's time to rock and roll.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I had a ton of banked PTO they were forced to pay out, close to a month because of all the hours we worked.
I had about a week of PTO I lost since the employer doesn't pay it out, which sucked. I had a lot more sick time banked that I just lost as well. I'm not sure if it's common to get that paid out or not.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

I had about a week of PTO I lost since the employer doesn't pay it out, which sucked. I had a lot more sick time banked that I just lost as well. I'm not sure if it's common to get that paid out or not.

lol I'm pretty sure vacation PTO is required by law to be paid out. If they classified your vacation as "personal days" then probably not. I've never heard of sick days being paid out.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

PTO day payout requirements vary by state, I think. I know Sickening said he only got paid out 2 days because his last company was angry with him for leaving.

E: Lol, second gifted av in a month.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

PTO day payout requirements vary by state, I think. I know Sickening said he only got paid out 2 days because his last company was angry with him for leaving.

E: Lol, second gifted av in a month.

That cfo is a sob. Yes it varies per state.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
If a critical application stops working due to Meltdown/Spectre Windows updates who should I be more pissed off at, Microsoft, Intel, or the developer?

I hope I can find a workaround because students have full admin access on these laptops because it's required for the same application.

E: it went unnoticed until now because the bug only affects a component used for connecting to certain PLC hardware.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 28, 2018

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
man who browses SA with avs on

avs off and it looks practically professional at work. And with threads like these, it technically counts as research :v:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I don’t know who’s posting with the avs off. I get thrown all the time by the onslaught of anime.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Hungry Computer posted:

If a critical application stops working due to Meltdown/Spectre Windows updates who should I be more pissed off at, Microsoft, Intel, or the developer?

I hope I can find a workaround because students have full admin access on these laptops because it's required for the same application.

E: it went unnoticed until now because the bug only affects a component used for connecting to certain PLC hardware.

What PLC hardware (and software) is this? (I'm not asking for shits and giggles either, I'm an automation engineer :eng99: )

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Wonderware, specifically the DASMBSerial and DASABCIP components of DAServer. Dunno what PLC they're using it with right now.

I just tracked down a notice from the vendor that describes the problem: https://softwaresupportsp.schneider-electric.com/Pages/OKMArticle.aspx?docId=TA287
You'll need an account to view it. The revised patches released this month don't have the same issue. I just fixed it on one of our machines by manually uninstalling the January update, then installing the revised version. Easier fix than I was fearing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

fist4jesus posted:

Feel like I’m wasting my life using the bathroom at home in the mornings.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Bigass Moth posted:

Feel like I’m wasting my life using the bathroom at home in the mornings.

Wasting your time, your water, your pootickets.
Welcome to the brownside brother.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also wasting your toilet paper. You can save literally dollars per year by pooping at work!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

xzzy posted:

Also wasting your toilet paper. You can save literally dollars per year by pooping at work!

I take my own not poo poo tier tp to work because you should respect your rear end.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

xzzy posted:

pootickets = toilet paper.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
You can see how much you're paid to poop at work.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

"Your annual pay for pooping is $7800"

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
At my last job, big office building, I found that my pass let me into a entire unused and mostly stripped floor.
It was glorious.

Even through the lights didn't work and I needed to take my own paper it had a still working bathroom. And even better a shower that I'd use now and then on a nightshift.
Why was it such a big thing?

We had four stalls in a office of about 300 people. Cleaned about once a day.
In a callcenter.
With angry staff. One guy literally wrote the company name in poo poo on a wall.
With (and I'll sound racist) a lot of Indian and Asian staff, so poo poo on the floor and seat were common things.

After my pass stopped working up there I went back to sneaking into the women's bathroom. Had a few close calls there but was never caught.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Your annual pay for pooping is $11115

This is loving glorious.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

loving hell, how much do you poo poo

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Sitting on the toilet and making GBS threads are two VERY different activities.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thanks Ants posted:

Alternatively, how much do they get paid.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ratbert90 posted:

Sitting on the toilet and making GBS threads are two VERY different activities.

The red marks on the thigh of shame

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
No shame here

only hemorrhoid's

E: In poo poo that's pissing me off, I was just on hold and they had a very clear hotel California playing. I got to the guitar solo and it gave me a message about holding and set the song to the beginning.

Motherfucker.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I was doing a punch and poop and a manager from another company in the same floor looked into the crack of the door and yelled at me to get back to work. I was shocked and just sat there confused.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
The fact that there are still toilets with cracks to look into baffles me. I haven't encountered one without overlapping panels in decades, I can't even remember the last time I did.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thanks Ants posted:

The red marks on the thigh of shame

Standing up and nearly falling over because you sat so long you lost circulation in your legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I was doing a punch and poop and a manager from another company in the same floor looked into the crack of the door and yelled at me to get back to work. I was shocked and just sat there confused.
Some guys think this is charming. Oh ho ho, aren't I one of the guys! Nut tap!