Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm not insisting anything - I asked one question two pages ago and then posted the jpeg when somebody seemed confused why I'd remembered the (10 year old?) movie that way.

I agree that it looks less like an intentional termination now. And she wasn't even ever "showing" iirc so it's more likely she just couldn't conceive. That also forms the basis of why the dad ends up adopting a Chinese kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"They're having trouble conceiving? No obviously it's an abortion or miscarriage or a miscarriaged abortion. Occam's razor."

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Hey guys I found the idiot on social media dead gay forums

Edit: not you ularg

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Turn on your monitor

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Turn on your monitor

I'm just seeing a screencap that says "your poison womb is making heaven too crowded," please advise.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Weatherman posted:

Edit: not you ularg

Wrong!

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Memento posted:

This is only tangentially related to this thread but I'm pretty sure people are going to get a kick out of it.

https://twitter.com/DavidFutrelle/status/978921660895068162

Is this going to be another case of most of a "fringe" movement turning out to be informants? The KKK was so thoroughly infiltrated by the the FBI that more than half of their membership was on the FBI's payroll, if I recall correctly.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

there wolf posted:

No, in Latin your carriage busts an axle and is stuck in a ditch five chapters while the protagonists gently caress around at an inn.

Wow, someone else read Ecce Romani!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's a Disney movie dude, you're supposed to watch it and take from it what's on the screen. Any reading that requires a trip to YouTube and a detailed narrative by the director or whatever is probably not going to be accurate.

Occams razor

it's just the script, which you are apparently too lazy to even try and read

the script is accurate, it's the script, i don't even know what you're getting at here

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Imgur has the most horrifyingly woman-hating community of any website on the internet

Oh boy, let me tell you about a website called 4chan...

Or 8chan, wizardchan, countless other chans, the entire MRA blogosphere and their forums, a vast number of subreddits for incels, PUAs, MGTOW and nazis... Imgur is the tip of the iceberg, and their misogyny is outright benign compared to the real nutcases.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Is 😞Being 😱a guy 👨gay? 😳 Because 😗you're 👇literally 🙌Inside 🌚of a man's 👨body 🍆👅 and 😂 that sounds 🙉pretty ✨loving gay 😤to me👋 ☕

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I can't believe no one has commented on the amazing argument that "yeah guns can be bad, but so can literally anything."

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

FELD1 posted:

Okay, I'm going to continue to out myself as an IOSM here, but what about that case makes it "extra terrible?" I legitimately want to know how vicarious baptism harms anyone.

Hachi machi

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Skwirl posted:

There's definitely a point to be made about how much attention these affluent white kids are getting after being victims of horrific gun violence compared to when poor black kids are the victims of horrific gun violence, but that point isn't "we don't need to worry about kids being the victims of horrific gun violence."

Absolutely there is, and the kids have made that point themselves; https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/24/politics/march-for-our-lives-students-checking-privilege-trnd/index.html

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

tyblazitar posted:

Oh boy, let me tell you about a website called 4chan...

Or 8chan, wizardchan, countless other chans, the entire MRA blogosphere and their forums, a vast number of subreddits for incels, PUAs, MGTOW and nazis... Imgur is the tip of the iceberg, and their misogyny is outright benign compared to the real nutcases.

Yeah Reddit is a big one, of which Imgur is an offshoot.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Afriscipio posted:

Is this going to be another case of most of a "fringe" movement turning out to be informants? The KKK was so thoroughly infiltrated by the the FBI that more than half of their membership was on the FBI's payroll, if I recall correctly.

Is it a case of infiltration or just a case of cops being in the kkk?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

I was already appropriately lambasted for this yesterday. Please refrain from piling on further. Thank you.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

FELD1 posted:

I was already appropriately lambasted for this yesterday. Please refrain from piling on further. Thank you.

Hmmm, yes I see that now and you took the information with grace, that takes courage. I rescind my machi.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
So there's still a hachi on your record that you're going to have to work off.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

there wolf posted:

No, in Latin your carriage busts an axle and is stuck in a ditch five chapters while the protagonists gently caress around at an inn.
holy poo poo, goons with the Ecce Romani references outta nowhere :eyepop:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ularg posted:

"They're having trouble conceiving? No obviously it's an abortion or miscarriage or a miscarriaged abortion. Occam's razor."

They're pixar characters so they probably don't even have genitals

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Sagebrush posted:

They're pixar characters so they probably don't even have genitals

Counterpoint: they're animated characters, so knowing animators, they absolutely have genitals.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Is 😞Being 😱a guy 👨gay? 😳 Because 😗you're 👇literally 🙌Inside 🌚of a man's 👨body 🍆👅 and 😂 that sounds 🙉pretty ✨loving gay 😤to me👋 ☕

I won;t let this be ignored among the stupid loving Up chat.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Pixar's really come a long way since Toy Story in their human modelling, so I think The Incredibles 2 is when they're finally going to show how far they've come with rendering human genitals.

You
Oct 6, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Pixar's really come a long way since Toy Story in their human modelling, so I think The Incredibles 2 is when they're finally going to show how far they've come with rendering human genitals.

Woody's woody did look a little stiff.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Besesoth posted:

Counterpoint: they're animated characters, so knowing animators, they absolutely have genitals.

ttps://mobile.twitter. com/hdoomguy/status/951728397511741440?lang=en

Edit: maybe nws stop embedding you poo poo

If someone can tell me how to make that a link and not have a wireframe vagina pop up in the thread let me know and I'll fix it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'll take "needlessly inflammatory headline" for 300 Alex

https://twitter.com/jeffreyguterman/status/979045885844828161?s=21

By all accounts, the "discussion of sexuality" was the teacher mentioning the fact that she had a wife, and having some photos of said wife.

Have fun in the comments if you want some purestrain IoSM homophobia.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

"Oh, that lady in the picture is my wife."

"All these loving liberals are constantly shoving the gays down our throats and I'm sick of hearing about it! Stop making a big deal out of anything gay!" *continues ranting for days*

:thunk:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

jivjov posted:

By all accounts, the "discussion of sexuality" was the teacher mentioning the fact that she had a wife, and having some photos of said wife.

I take your point that it's a purposefully inflammatory tweet, but it's also direct quote from a statement issued by the school district. Which is actually even more insane.

e: Imagine being so off-put by your child seeing a slide of 2 women and being told that they are girlfriends that you call the school to complain.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Mar 29, 2018

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
She looks way cooler than every art teacher I ever had.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Guess who saw advertisers starting to flee:

https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/979404377730486272
https://twitter.com/IngrahamAngle/status/979404540754657280

:sad:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
None of the commenters will respond when asked "is it okay for straight teachers to mention their spouses? To have pictures of their families? To wear their wedding bands?"

All these complaints about "teaching kids about sexuality" and nobody seems to mind if it's heterosexuality that gets brought up.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I was happy to see that most of the comments in support of the teacher got way more likes than those against. The internet is a little less lovely today.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Look all teachers should be forbidden from talking about themselves in any way. No pictures, no wedding rings, no stories about life outside of school. That way they can't poison children with their poisonous ideas.

It should also be a firable offense to teach anything not in your state mandated textbook.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

jivjov posted:

You can't fool me, that's a promo headshot for Cameron Esposito.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I'm a big ol' lesbian and I'm working towards being a teacher. This is the sort of thing I worry about.

Compare: my grandmother, who was a teacher, and then had to hide her marriage to my grandfather (also a teacher) so she could finish the school year at least, because god forbid that a woman who's had sex is around children.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Trig Discipline posted:

You can't fool me, that's a promo headshot for Cameron Esposito.

The funny thing is, I first saw the story as it was rerweeted by Rhea, Cameron’s Wife. I wonder if she did a double take when she saw the picture.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Fantastic Flyer posted:

A Disney princess who's had an abortion is pretty good, but we can do better: a Disney princess who performs abortions.

I know she isn’t exactly a princess, but Doc McUnstuffins has real potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Unsolicited opinion about art teachers.

Volcott has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Mar 29, 2018