Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well that trial was laughable with Barbie, Friend Barbie, Loren, Totto, iNick and a dodge unit. Biggest obstacle was defeating the connection error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Cartoon Man posted:

Goes away tonight at server reset, don’t miss out on all the free gungnirs and equip H. shields...

Speaking of this, do I have terrible luck, or are the moogles in the pool only for 3* units? I have a couple units at 90%+ that I held off on enhancing in case I got a moogle for them, but I haven't gotten a single one for 4* and 5* units. I can see them not giving them away for time limited units, but dammit I wanted to finish up my Marshall Glove. :argh:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yes, only 3*

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Pretty sure those are just 3* unit moogles. You probably arent getting a Marshal Glove moogle in this pool.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cartoon Man posted:

This got a very nice stealth boost.

Napkin math says it’s more nrg efficient xp to run gil turtles and get this daily than run Dunes. I may be wrong on the assumptions for average results but I’d have to be really far off to make this bundle strictly worse.

Dunes is like 7k~ / nrg, turtles is around 10k

E: yeah I was way off. I guess the appearance rates weight the average toward the high end of results for Dunes (and I misremembered the value of each turtle). So 9.4k for Dunes, 6k for Dunes.

This still makes it on par with the highest (non-exploration farming) xp/nrg ratio you can get outside of Dunes, so if you have gil to burn and you don’t want to wait for Dunes, this is worth grabbing now.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 29, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

KDdidit posted:

Well that trial was laughable with Barbie, Friend Barbie, Loren, Totto, iNick and a dodge unit. Biggest obstacle was defeating the connection error.

Cleared with OK, WoL, Ramza, Olive, Exp. Aileen and friend OK. Never in any danger, WoL tanked just fine. With Aileen's break and Ramza's buff I just ate the MAG damage attack and it was barely more than 1k damage to any of my units. Everyone save Olive was geared up with Wind weapons and he basically sank like the stone he is.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cao Ni Ma posted:

10+1 was gladio, the tickets were 2nd and 3rd marie which are absolutely donkey poo poo in 7* form and need a real big rework in global if they are to be worth anything, even their STMR is poo poo. 4th was second gilgamesh with is funnily enough my only 7* capable DR character and also got a mediocre 7*

Gilgamesh was probably the best pull despite that because having a DR capable character shores me up in case Fryvia gets DR frames on her 7*. I already have piledriver and quick trick covered as well so that only leaves Aureole Ray, Onion (My first UOC will def be a second Loren so she covers both of those) and chain patters that haven't come out yet.

Marie's STMR is great though? it's Staff Mastery + Melody of Life, super amazing for a magic cover tank.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

New Moose trial is not up to the usual challenge of GL trials IMO. I didn't bring any healing apart from Ramza and he was only geared for like 320 Spr at the time. He has some conditional attacks and it's easier I think to use magic damage to kill him, then you just need a provoke tank and an AOE cover tank. I used Illusionist Nichol and Wilhelm to let Wilhelm do both. I brought more DPS than was necessary because I was not confident in my limit burst timing with just two units & because the trial gives you a huge mana refresh.

Warrior of Light and Cagnazzo would work great if you don't have I-Nichol & Willy. Do not fear this moose.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

What’s the deal with these moogles I can’t merge with anyone? They seem to only be applicable to units with the matching trust mastery on the moogle and the unit? What do I do with these if I don’t want the TMR they buff

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I punched the Moose in 3 turns. Illusionist Nichol used Eccentric and Redirect to Soleil, Soleil w/ 100% dodge did her buff dances, 2x Shantottos dual casted Tornadoes, friend Barb capped with d/c Aeroja, 2B with Wind Spear did Speeds and LB. Took no damage thanks to Redirect & 100% dodge and killed the Moose in 3 turns.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dana Crysalis posted:

Marie's STMR is great though? it's Staff Mastery + Melody of Life, super amazing for a magic cover tank.

Its a stat cap issue. 100% elemental resistance already makes you immune to that elements damage so unless the boss splits elements with its attack you wont need a whole lot more resistances. And since you are already immune to a particular damage type the extra magic defense you get is USUALLY wasted.

Its like a materia that gave you 30% dodge and +50% def. Anything above 100% dodge is wasted and you really aren't using your defense stat, since you are dodging the damage in the first place. The only unit that would greatly benefit from this materia is Chow and probably 7* Basch if you aren't buffing yourself or breaking the enemy because they can off heal.

Theoretically it could be a more valuable if the bosses actually split elements or just used plain old non elemental damage in conjunction with their element attacks, but that doesn't happen. And when big old aoe non elemental damage comes in its usually going to blow up the magic tank in the first place and you've already casted a reraise on it.

e-Altema rates her STMR LOWER than her TMR. Thats how things are.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 29, 2018

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s the deal with these moogles I can’t merge with anyone? They seem to only be applicable to units with the matching trust mastery on the moogle and the unit? What do I do with these if I don’t want the TMR they buff

That's the gist of the 3* Moogles: 5% TM bonus to anybody with the same trust as the moogle. You can combine them so they take up less space at least. I think there's something in JP that can change them to AnyTM moogles but idr the details, I think it was something for top tiers of arena? Otherwise sell 'em.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Agreed posted:

New Moose trial is not up to the usual challenge of GL trials IMO. I didn't bring any healing apart from Ramza and he was only geared for like 320 Spr at the time. He has some conditional attacks and it's easier I think to use magic damage to kill him, then you just need a provoke tank and an AOE cover tank. I used Illusionist Nichol and Wilhelm to let Wilhelm do both. I brought more DPS than was necessary because I was not confident in my limit burst timing with just two units & because the trial gives you a huge mana refresh.

Warrior of Light and Cagnazzo would work great if you don't have I-Nichol & Willy. Do not fear this moose.

You don't even need a provoke tank, he has no normal attacks. Every turn his only attack is to AOE physical the party, unless he passed a threshold and you didn't hit him with a spell.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Wow, no need for provoke? WOL could have handled this easily on his own and I could have brought another DPS to further stomp him.

Wonder why the moose is so underpowered compared to other GL trials. This guy feels like he'd have fit in around Gilgamesh, mechanically, just high life to get through with our bigger numbers now. I dunno, I really felt the challenge of Blood Moon and of course Malboro was its own special crap. But this felt more like doing a Raid boss trial version, the temporary kind, than a new badass Chamber of the Fallen one.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 29, 2018

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bob NewSCART posted:

They're unit specific moogles, and since you just started, you don't have the matching units.

The moogles from the 1k friend summon banner are all for 3* rare summon units, so keep the moogles. You'll pull the matching units soon enough.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
The power levels of encounters are kind of weird - especially for us. There have been so many skipped and out of order things, I think the best bet would be to start closing the content time gap between gl and jp. Mostly there are just a shitload of collabs we’re missing.

We’re roughly 2.5 months past Stag’s original release by banner/unit comparison. You could try to claim up to nearly 5 months because we got Noctis enhancements really early. Iron Giant (the next chamber of the fallen boss) came out alongside the ff12 banner. We skipped ffx second banner, so I assume we’re following up this revisit with the Yuna banner next week.

After that:

(SD3)
CG Jake
(Bravely Default)
FF4 part 2
CG Lid
(JP versions of GL units - Reberta, Ling, Xon, Aiden)
(Premium unit reward #2 release alongside: )
Sephiroth/Lila
CG Nichol
(Star Ocean)
CG Rain’s Dad
SSJ Rain
7*

There were a few skipped weeks in there, too. But that’s the chain of released units and fully 1/3 of them we just aren’t getting.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 29, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It’s time for a sequel to Malboro.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its incredibly weird that they decided to skip easter this year and instead do a rerun of an old event. I'm guessing they just want to do the FFX banner after this one but its still weird. Apparently they have something for late april that the community manager is hyping up, the last time she did this we got the 30m campaign which has been pretty good to us so I hope its something as good to justify my girl Fryvia not getting her enhancements yet.

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s time for a sequel to Malboro.

Its out in japan already

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

so I hope its something as good to justify my girl Fryvia not getting her enhancements yet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They gave out 50k FP today? I guess they really want us to get 3* TMs.

BGrifter posted:

FFBE has more maintenance downtime than any mobile game I've ever played and still manages to break their poo poo more than anyone else. :doh:

You ever play Marvel Heroes? It's not a mobile game, but Gazillion broke poo poo pretty much every single patch. And then they decided to move patches from Tuesdays to Fridays, so things would often be broken for the entire weekend.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

They gave out another 50k FP yesterday too. Probably because of the back to back FP banners and players blowing FP on cactuars and turtles right before the 3* moogle one was announced.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
These moogles let me finally finish combing dupes to get a Lordly Robe. Currently my Ayaka is over 9k HP in the arena(due to the FFBE buff, otherwise she's around 7k), with immunity to all status aliments and instant death, while having permanent protect/shell. :discourse:

Gonna be real interesting to see if/when/how she ever dies to another team.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sell them.

For a new player, a lot of TMRs are worth combining 3* dupes and TM-specific moogles for over time though. Especially the weapons.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I’m sorry if I missed a list or something - but is there a general guide as to what TMRs I generally want and which to not give a poo poo about? I have like 130 friend point units and I literally have no clue what to do with them between selling - enhancing - mastering

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Friend point gachas TMR are pretty useless except for anyone that has a killer, in which case they are institutionally useful. Now the 3* moogle is something else entirely. Dual Wield (or anything that grants dual wield), Arshas Amulets, Black Cowl are still top tier for their roles, Ribbons are extremely useful, any elemental weapon with over 100 attack is good. Anything that has over 100 attack/mag and has a killer built in is situational best in slot for a lot of characters.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah the 3 star base TMs have a lot more variety to give a quick and concise list for. Any active ability or spell is bad like Comet (rip stacks bug) or Meteor or so aren't worth much. Most equips aren't great but find occasional use. Equip H Shield and Armor are the best of that lot. The gear is a big ol' mixed bag, Cao's guide covers a lot. Moogle Plushy is good too since it's the only non event gear that gives a passive draw attack and it's better than the event equivalent.

Some of the three stars are worth keeping too. One way to fight the latest trial involves two Shantottos who are base 3 star and even their TMs have been power creeped by other MAG materia. Or even just for expedition fodder if they can hit six star.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
The FFBE Wiki has a pretty good list of TMR rankings:

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Trust_Master_Reward

You can sort it by 3* to see what's worth keeping from that category.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anima 1 and 2 star summon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nJh4Tv2KbSw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F5CP2qEpGjI

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Damnit - didn't have to time to do a million friend summons yesterday, so of course the banner is gone today!

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Unless you mean clearing your unit space inventory, it only took 2 buttons to summon 100k friend points

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You don't even have to do that, you can summon as many units as you'd like, it just doesn't let you try to spend any Energy until you're back at or under capacity.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Yeah, sorry I meant time spent enhancing. I cleaned out god knows how many weeks of backlog in friend points earlier in the week and that took a while. Just didn't have time to summon-then-mash together the recent 100k points they just dropped on us.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m a little confused about the million or so trust moogles I got. For example, I got a couple aligned to ‘Croft’s Intuition’ but if I try to fuse it to Lara, it says insufficient trust. Do I need to be above a certain trust % to use it at all?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Last pair of 50k FP summons yesterday resulted in finishing off another3-4 TMRs. Including two 3* Type-0 TMRs and some other stuff that might be useful as stat boosts for expedition units.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You don't even have to do that, you can summon as many units as you'd like, it just doesn't let you try to spend any Energy until you're back at or under capacity.

I always enjoy doing this with raid tokens and seeing my unit count at 2000+ afterwards.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

A little late, but during the trust moogle summon 'sort by trust name' was a godsend for quickly enhancing units.

I managed to kill the great malboro, but hosed up the sync kill and lost. I hate this fight.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I managed to kill the great malboro, but hosed up the sync kill and lost. I hate this fight.

I am considering trying this fight out this weekend but I haven’t figured out the “gimmick” outside of killing the mini’s at the same time.

I don’t want to Setzer x2 it honestly.

I have this team theory crafted up at the moment but haven’t figured my details just yet.
Chow
WoL
Marie (eh)
Ayaka
OK

Anyone have input? The wiki is all over the place with party suggestions..

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

I am considering trying this fight out this weekend but I haven’t figured out the “gimmick” outside of killing the mini’s at the same time.

I don’t want to Setzer x2 it honestly.

I have this team theory crafted up at the moment but haven’t figured my details just yet.
Chow
WoL
Marie (eh)
Ayaka
OK

The most important part, from what I can tell, is timing. You want to, above 50%, kill the little dudes every 4 turns. This turns off his devour turns. Under 50% it changes to every 3 turns, so you have to be able to reliably kill them every 3 turns to not make the fight incredibly more difficult. I’m just about done with the major gear pieces for all my different roles so I’m going to work on getting a few more ribbons / discernments before tackling the fight. I think I can manage to 3 dps it pretty easily now that I have cg Fina. Kind of wondering how hard I’m going to bowl this fight over.

My team’s gonna be Basch, Roy, cg Fina, 3x ok

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hagie posted:

Chow
WoL
Marie (eh)
Ayaka
OK

I did it with
Wilhelm
Roy
Rikku
Tilith
Christine
Friend TT

With this setup I could comfortably kill the little Marlboros on push turns above 50%. Wilhelm could tank the damage and Roy provided buffs and breaks. Tilith was obviously there for healing and status protection. Rikku was the least necessary, but her LB and damage mitigation were good for safety. Christine and TT were my damage dealers.

You may run into trouble with OK as a damage dealer. It is crucial to kill both little Marlboros on the same turn, so AoE chaining is more or less required. Edit: forgot about full speed bladeblitz, so you may be fine.

As Ugato mentioned, counting turns is extremely important. Above 50% he'll try to devour every 4 turns, below every 3. Killing the little ones on that turn prevents it.

You want him dead as quickly as possible when he gets below 50%, as he'll start using his big AoE every 4th turn. Since every 3 turns was hard for my team and the AoE was devastating without an AoE cover tank, I concentrated on killing him rather than safety and had to reset his turns a couple times for favorable RNG.

Assorted tips -

Obviously have as many ailment resistances as you can. I did it the same time as the Christmas event, so I could get Wilhelm to perfect resist easily and I had a ribbon. Laksmis protections are great too.

Compounding on the above, confuse is quite possibly the most threatening of the statuses - if he confuses one of your damagers it will waste their turn and mess up the turn cycle. Stone is the second most threatening, but can be cured and the character can still take their action.

Rikkus pouch is great for debuffs and status cures if you have it.

Two TT's are probably the best DPS setup for this fight, if possible.

Remember to dispel his buff at below 50%. Should be obvious, but easy to forget.

Good luck!

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 30, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Looks like I need to wait until I have a Trance Terra in my mix.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also in the Malboro planning stage. I have 2 TT but don't have the good healers, but there's a video strategy out there with 2 TT + Friend TT, Willie, Marie, and Soleil that I think I can easily duplicate. I'm just wavering on sinking all the mats to ability awaken the 2nd TT. I think 2+1 TT also works on Bloody Moon, so it may be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I have two TTerras but I can’t bring myself to grind out the crysts for doing a second batch of enhancements. Mostly because black and support crysts are my lowest stocked type.

If you’re talking about needing a TT friend, I can post one, but if you just mean building/enhancing one for the fight, it’s not really necessary. Full speed bladeblitz should do work.

On another note, I’m curious when we’re getting onion knight enhancements. His enhancements are weird and his gearing options (and optimal gear) change dramatically with his enhanced passive. He gets bonuses for wearing a sword, helm and light armor. If you do wear all of those then his passive atk bonus is 125% - meaning you can get him (slightly over-)capped on atk with only 3 materia (50% gs/katana mastery, 2x 40% materia). And the comparative jumps in power for each piece make it worth wearing those pieces, too. So I guess the best in slot OK is going to be always wearing a relevant killer materia or something.

• Locked thread