Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when you curse you make a promise to the devil to meet him in heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

boar guy posted:

f bombing can be a lot of lost revenue. i let my kid watch streams on youtube and twitch but if i hear a gently caress that streamers' banned

Does your kid actually give these streamers any revenue? Yes I realize there is ad revenue in it for them. But I highly doubt many streamers are losing "a lot of revenue" over swearing.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

boar guy posted:

f bombing can be a lot of lost revenue. i let my kid watch streams on youtube and twitch but if i hear a gently caress that streamers' banned

Are people actually giving chocotaco poo poo (sorry) for swearing though? I don’t get what’s so terrible if someone swears if it’s some rare thing and not a habit. Outrage over racist pejoratives makes sense because most of us learn not to use them at all instead of finding a kid friendly n-word or whatever but no one learns never to swear, everyone does except it’s just not bad if the word is ‘shoot’

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Old Binsby posted:

Are people actually giving chocotaco poo poo (sorry) for swearing though?

No.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Most parents barely parent, isn’t that apparent?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The whole Choco "Christian stream" is a running joke. Nobody gives a poo poo about choco swearing. And if they do, they are the extreme minority. He's playing a game where you drop in a school and murder a bunch of people.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Old Binsby posted:

it happens when you shoot someone who just happened to be nading you or soneone else, it’s not really a tactic otherwise and probably too random to be a fun trolling thing buy maybe? Maybe also taking someone down with you when cornered gunless in School or some other hotspot. I always take the nade over being empty handed

That’s about what I though. More circumstance than strategy. But if I’m running around as the SS bomber anyway - it seems the only logical thing to try.

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

Tony Phillips posted:

So it is a case of grenade equipped, left click and ‘r’. Was hoping there was some other circumstance where it would happen automatically.

I want to be able to run up to someone with the grenade out. But holding lmb to get the grenade ready prevents you from running. Guess the best I can do is have grenade in hand - run like idiot and then lmb+r as late as possible. Just don’t want the victim being able to run away as easily.

It would be interesting if when knocked, you had the option of pulling a pin/letting go the spoon on a grenade. And explosions on a dead body would scatter/damage the contents of a person's backpack. So a knocked person could do the revive math and decide their team is not going to save them and decide to try and take a few enemies with them/sabotage their looters.

On the other side the attacker would have to wait to scavenge the body in case the dead dude pulled his pin and might explode. Time being money in this game, those lost seconds could dissuade looters if another threat is in the area. Also it would encourage attackers to kill knocked people before they could pull a grenade pin, scattering their backpack contents.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gently caress the Martyrdom perk

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The whole Choco "Christian stream" is a running joke. Nobody gives a poo poo about choco swearing. And if they do, they are the extreme minority. He's playing a game where you drop in a school and murder a bunch of people.

This. He has said himself that he doesn't care what people he plays with say (within reason, of course), just to be themselves. He used to work with kids, so he has trained himself to not swear very often.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

mrlego posted:

It would be interesting if when knocked, you had the option of pulling a pin/letting go the spoon on a grenade. And explosions on a dead body would scatter/damage the contents of a person's backpack. So a knocked person could do the revive math and decide their team is not going to save them and decide to try and take a few enemies with them/sabotage their looters.

On the other side the attacker would have to wait to scavenge the body in case the dead dude pulled his pin and might explode. Time being money in this game, those lost seconds could dissuade looters if another threat is in the area. Also it would encourage attackers to kill knocked people before they could pull a grenade pin, scattering their backpack contents.

I don't want even more reasons for someone to finish a downed guy. It's already unfun when a guy knocks and finishes your buddy before you kill their whole squad.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I finish off a downed enemy unless there's still another target immediately available. I understand it's not optimal compared to finding their friends but I guess I'm just mean? I dunno, it's what I wouldn't want done to me so...thats how I know I should do it them?

Part of me just wants to "accomplish something" in the round.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack B Nimble posted:

I finish off a downed enemy unless there's still another target immediately available. I understand it's not optimal compared to finding their friends but I guess I'm just mean? I dunno, it's what I wouldn't want done to me so...thats how I know I should do it them?

If people don't finish my friends when they have the chance even when my friend is obviously leading them into a trap, then by God are they gonna pay for their hubris.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tweak posted:

gently caress the Martyrdom perk

Yeah COD did the grenade on death thing, it's not hard to avoid, just wait a few seconds, but it's also loving dumb.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Jack B Nimble posted:

I think it depends on the situation.

It's useful to keep players that you've knocked out alive so that when your team finishes off the last member of that squad, you'll get the toast for the whole enemy squad dying and you'll have confirmation that they're all gone. But finishing off an opponent that's knocked out also means that they can't be revived and can't feed information to their team.

I think it's best to leave a downed player alone when you're in a hot spot and there's several squads around because you probably just don't have the time, especially in the first few minutes of the game when you need to conserve ammunition. If it's just a fight between your squad and another, then finish them off if you can.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I always finish people off. My friends and I know that sometimes one of us will die and have to watch. It's a fun game to watch, anyway.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What gets frustrating is when someone does something that decreases their chance of winning overall to finish off a downed player. If it's strategic, then ofc it's the right move, but if you like rush around a corner to use your shotgun to finish off the downed guy then die it feels spiteful and stupid

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Lemming posted:

What gets frustrating is when someone does something that decreases their chance of winning overall to finish off a downed player. If it's strategic, then ofc it's the right move, but if you like rush around a corner to use your shotgun to finish off the downed guy then die it feels spiteful and stupid

I just like ruining people's days :shrug:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

the point is not to win but to make as many other players lose as possible. i’ll finish off downed players in the middle of a firefight just so i know that i partially ruined that squad’s game.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I try to finish people off all the time and every once in a while I steal another squad member's kill by taking out a knocked player.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The longer you leave them down is the longer they have to be got back up and to shoot you again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
When I'm playing 1 v Squad I will always knock vs kill especially when there are multiple targets. Now if it's one on one I will kill vs knock.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://giant.gfycat.com/MiserableJoyousCassowary.webm

Seriously the skins are really half assed.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
My friends and I call it "fun ending" and go out of our way to kill in squads if it looks like we may not win the engagement. This is especially true if it's right after dropping, might as well cripple another squad if we're getting knocked out of the game.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
In general, a person who downed and not revivable due to enemy presence is a 'hostage'. You don't kill a hostage until they've killed one of yours, since having the living person there (almost certainly screaming "I'm bleeding out! :supaburn: to his team) is a huge distraction to the enemy: now they're under pressure to try to save their friend in a set time, so they more often take risks and rush, and never retreat or escape.

Also, this "honor" is fairly often reciprocated and can let you save 'doomed' teammates just by killing the enemy squad, which you were going to do anyway. Just tell your friends to shut up about bleeding out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

When I'm playing 1 v Squad I will always knock vs kill especially when there are multiple targets.

i'm the opposite. i know the chances of me making it to the end are very low (best i've done is pretty much the final circle in a building against a squad of 3). i'll kill asap to hobble their chances of winning.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Evilreaver posted:

In general, a person who downed and not revivable due to enemy presence is a 'hostage'. You don't kill a hostage until they've killed one of yours, since having the living person there (almost certainly screaming "I'm bleeding out! :supaburn: to his team) is a huge distraction to the enemy: now they're under pressure to try to save their friend in a set time, so they more often take risks and rush, and never retreat or escape.

This. We usually try to bait the partner into revealing themselves to revive their squad mate. And believe me, I'm all about making people miserable in game. In fact, I'm petty as gently caress. These guys both died to the blue (old clip, posted here before). And this from today: Wasn't sure where this guy was, but the blue was a-coming, and I lost patience.

(wow, the difference in ambient sound is much greater than I remembered)

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Evilreaver posted:

Also, this "honor" is fairly often reciprocated and can let you save 'doomed' teammates just by killing the enemy squad, which you were going to do anyway. Just tell your friends to shut up about bleeding out.

Nah. If I'm knocked and being 'held hostage' I just call out enemy positions with the understanding that I'm almost certainly not gonna make it. Sometimes I'll turn on my mic and try to be as annoying as possible to distract them. Keeping a knocked enemy amongst your squad is a liability. Always execute them as soon as possible.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The longer you wait to kill them the longer you wait for their loot.

They must die immediately.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

don't hold "hostages" hahah they're just providing intel and holding loot

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Knock, then grenade.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When I play one man squad my only goal is to cripple and annoy teams as much as possible.

Kill their teammates no matter what.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The event lured my team into trying TPP for the first time. Easy Chicken Dinner. It was like playing Overwatch on a free weekend, the combination of the more popular TPP + the event made for a really mixed crowd. We saw:

1) People hold ADS in one spot after they'd obviously been spotted and received fire
2) A truck that just drove in circles around a town tooting the horn
3) Our last enemy tenaciously held a ridge line...and, because he didn't seem to understand TPP, poured automatic weapon fire into the crest.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

boar guy posted:

lol nice helicoptering

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

lol nice helicoptering

you clearly have a kid

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
they are old enough that you let them use the internet and watch streams about games with violence and loot box gambling but god forbid if they hear a swear you'll be docking that streamers revenue personally :qq:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

underage at the vape shop posted:

they are old enough that you let them use the internet and watch streams about games with violence and loot box gambling but god forbid if they hear a swear you'll be docking that streamers revenue personally :qq:

um, i dont nor did i say i let them watch pubg streams, lol

lots of roblox, though, and minecraft

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone have a map of flare locations for Miramar?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I feel like if you're going to let your child watch streams of simulated violence, they can hear the word gently caress.

Youth targeted Minecraft videos this is not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
half of you are looking at people making jokes about swearing on stream and rushing to make your own jokes and the other half are taking it extremely seriously and getting mad at the policing

the policing which isn't actually happening