Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
omg who gave stymie that av?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

loving lol

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

laughing at the idea that apple's position was ever more of a market leader than it is now where they have multiple business lines making billions in profit on 30% margins

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Management posted:

definitely a masterstroke

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Management posted:

genuinely would not have noticed if you hadn’t pointed that out lol

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

ah-hahahahahaha loving same

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Rex-Goliath posted:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

i was wondering why fishmech wasn't focusing on on payment chat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

i was wondering why fishmech wasn't focusing on on payment chat

this only why would he put apple and market leader in same sentence

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Man, whatever you have to say about Tim cook's business acumen, there's no denying that Apple has a great culture under him so who gives a gently caress as long as we're still making money? This is the first tech company I've worked at where people haven't treated me like an animal for being a lesbo.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
oh cool, ios 11.3 lets you break your phone by disabling battery management features, probably still hasn't figured out how to display imessages sequentially

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

oh cool, ios 11.3 lets you break your phone by disabling battery management features, probably still hasn't figured out how to display imessages sequentially

yeah, they have not fixed imessage yet

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
under steve's leadership apple's culture was that programmers and engineers did not deserve respect because they were programmers and engineers and that's how it should be

ufarn
May 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

just another reason to stick with your 5s where the feature isn't supported

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

in terms of purchase price to resale value

google phones seem to hold up okay according to a quick look at swappa

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

syscall girl posted:

in terms of purchase price to resale value

google phones seem to hold up okay according to a quick look at swappa

because they’re still somewhat useful and supported a year or two later. unlike every other android phone that doesn’t get updates or support.

why pay a lot of money for a phone that’s multiple android releases behind?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Drastic Actions posted:

because they’re still somewhat useful and supported a year or two later. unlike every other android phone that doesn’t get updates or support.

basically yeah

google's hands off approach (to second party vendors, and well everything) leaves it in the hands of carriers whereas apple does the necessarytm

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
goddamnit stymie with fishmech's av is loving my brain up something good

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

cis autodrag posted:

Man, whatever you have to say about Tim cook's business acumen, there's no denying that Apple has a great culture under him so who gives a gently caress as long as we're still making money? This is the first tech company I've worked at where people haven't treated me like an animal for being a lesbo.

:glomp:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

good on ya mate

thats the positive reassurance i desire in the world

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cis autodrag posted:

YOURE A LESBO???????????

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

echinopsis posted:

YOURE A LESBO???????????

YOU'RE AN ANTHROPOMORPHIC PENIS WITH A PHARMACY DEGREE!!!?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cis autodrag posted:

YOU'RE AN ANTHROPOMORPHIC PENIS WITH A PHARMACY DEGREE!!!?

:supaburn:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
my 11.3 phone just asked me to repair message in icloud - is it out now?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Drastic Actions posted:

every phone released from the 5S on is still supported and is receiving iOS11 updates. the 5S was released four and a half years ago.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mad Wack posted:

my 11.3 phone just asked me to repair message in icloud - is it out now?

that's what she said?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
someone post that chart that shows that most anroid devices still ship with like ice cream sandwich or whatever and that most flagship phones are never on the most current release and never get it

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The Management posted:

every phone released from the 5S on is still supported and is receiving iOS11 updates. the 5S was released four and a half years ago.

I was referring to Pixel/Nexus phones, where it’s usually two years.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beast of Bourbon posted:

ice cream sandwich
thank you

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ics

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

get it? its a imessage out-of-order joke. only hardcore apple fans will get

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
iMessage keeps getting disordered but also more annoyingly a lot of the times it randomly refuses to send my messages on macOS and i have to relogin in the messages app come the gently caress on timb

also i might get the new edupad w/ crayon for digital note taking

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Freezer posted:

Apologies if this had been asked before, but I was just handed an old ipad2 which I intend to use mostly as e-reader and light browsing platform. It was given to me running on ios9, which made it laggy as hell and nearly unusable, so I decided to jailbreak it and downgrade it back to ios6 which mostly solved the problem - it reacts fast and snappy now.

When installing the awful app from the store, it told me that the newest version is ios9 only but I could install an older compatible one, which I did. It installed just fine, but for some reason won't let me log in. I double checked the login data a bunch of times and same result - login error. Anyone got any idea of what's going on? Is the app so old that it's broken?
:laffo:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

wisconsin is not a place of honor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

okay did they fix a bunch of performance stuff because my ipad air 1 seems way smoother switching to app selection and menu mode but also this is shamefully long to fix choppy poo poo like that when thats a .1 patch every other release

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
timb & co. are generally good people doing what they think is best (within the confines of the capitalist machine that is AAPL) but most all levels of management down the line are shite hth

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Scott Forstall posted:

timb & co. are generally good people doing what they think is best (within the confines of the capitalist machine that is AAPL) but most all levels of management down the line are shite hth

his majesty the king is a godly man himself, led astray by his wicked advisers

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
steve's real innovation at apple was more than his singular vision and sense of what people needed (rather than wanted), it was the fact that he held everyone in utter contempt and treated them accordingly, whether they were executives or programmers and apple was all the better for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol the parade of avs continues, but the fishmech av was better