Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm just saying if something is pushed into Disneytime it might as well be the Seventh Son situation when WB and Legendary split and that movie got pushed into the unknown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fox can’t handle the idea of a funny Predator movie.

Kiimo tell fox to go gently caress themselves for that and for not letting Ridley finish the trilogy.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The Fox execs are by and large still completely retarded and the only reason you don't hear more about how stupid they are is that Sony somehow manages to be dumber.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh no is the word on The Predator bad I was pumped for that :(

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

feedmyleg posted:

I don't think it will be bad. Shane Black knows Predator, and it's not like he is a bad filmmaker either.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Dillbag posted:

The Fox execs are by and large still completely retarded and the only reason you don't hear more about how stupid they are is that Sony somehow manages to be dumber.

The studio that made almost a billion dollars from a Jumanji sequel is probably not that dumb

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

viral spiral posted:

I don't think it will be bad. Shane Black knows Predator, and it's not like he is a bad filmmaker either.

Don’t trust anyone killed by a Predator.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't know what this movie is about but it's colorful, Margot Robbie is being sexy, also there's Simon Pegg and Mike Myers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18RqtFuaNe8

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Maybe Disney can fix it someday.

vvvvv Pushed into the "maybe someday" is more like it

Isn't it testing really well? :wtc:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

kiimo posted:

I'm just saying if something is pushed into Disneytime it might as well be the Seventh Son situation when WB and Legendary split and that movie got pushed into the unknown.

for reference:

quote:

[Seventh Son] was originally scheduled for release on February 15, 2013, but was moved back to October 18, 2013, to complete post-production. It was moved again to January 17, 2014, due to the film's production partner Legendary Pictures parting ways with Warner Bros., who were initially intended to distribute the film. On August 15, 2013, it was announced that Legendary has sold the distribution rights to their new partner Universal Studios, which pulled the film again. On November 27, 2013, It was announced that the film was pushed back to February 6, 2015. The film premiered in France on December 17, 2014.

it also sucked out loud. I saw a preview of it at Comic-Con one year during some filler time between Legendary movies that actually mattered and it looked like the most generic bullshit. Jeff Bridges was a cool grandpa during the panel but that was the only positive.

edit: and for those who are too lazy to do the math, it was pushed back 8 months to finish post production, another 3 months because WB and Legendary split ways, and then, a month and a half before release it got bumped back another 13 months. We're likely to see similar things happen to The Current War and other movies trapped in the Weinstein morass, but those are all finished and ready to go, as opposed to New Mutants which is stuck in a weird state of half-done.

edit 2 because I keep discovering more of this magical story, this is from an article written a week after the original date before the first delay, at which point the movie was supposed to be 8 months away:

quote:

Rhythm & Hues, the VFX house that filed bankruptcy last week, filed an emergency motion on Tuesday over Seventh Son, a medieval adventure film starring Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore that's being produced by Legendary Pictures.

Last week, Rhythm & Hues got a bankruptcy judge's interim approval of $17 million in loans from Universal and Fox so as to keep afloat and continue working on those studio's films.

The money didn't cover Seventh Son, which is slated for release in October.

Legendary Pictures is willing to put up an additional $4,961,751, paid in installments, to get VFX work done on the film. Rhythm & Hues is seeking approval for a "change order" on continued work on the picture.

Seventh Son represents a special project for the bankrupt VFX house. It's the third film, after 2010's Yogi Bear 3D and Hop, where Rhythm & Hues acts as a co-investor/co-producer. The agreement that was signed in March 2010 with Legendary Pictures entitles Rhythm & Hues to participation in the box office performance of Seventh Son, but contingent upon actually finishing work.

Thus far, work is behind schedule.

Rhythm & Hues was originally scheduled to deliver 247 "shots" by Dec. 7. Instead, by that date, only 56 had been delivered on a "final" basis.

Afterwards, Legendary agreed to lower the number of shots to be delivered to 225.

According to the emergency motion filed on Tuesday, "Although only approximately 25 percent of the shots have been delivered, many, if not substantially all, of the others are in various stages of completion such that R&H believes it can meet the terms of the Change Order."

Rhythm & Hues says the Change Order is arguably in the ordinary course of business and that it could proceed without a bankruptcy court's approval, but because the work is conditioned on Legendary's nearly $5 million payment, it is requesting the green light.

The motion also states, "The funding will also allow the Debtor to complete the Project, thus forestalling a potentially large breach claim from Legendary, allow the Debtor to maintain the continuity of its operations, make payments to certain employees on account of pre-petition wages owing, and make a $1.1 million contribution to the overhead costs of the company, thus reducing the amount of DIP Loan proceeds required."

According to the company's lawyers, there's approximately 56 people dedicated to the Seventh Son project, who were not among the 250 people who were laid off from Rhythm & Hues' workforce last week.

If Rhythm & Hues gets a judge's blessing this week, the company believes it can deliver the remaining shots by April 12.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 29, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

I don't know what this movie is about but it's colorful, Margot Robbie is being sexy, also there's Simon Pegg and Mike Myers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18RqtFuaNe8

Looks wretched

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

feedmyleg posted:

People didn’t like the comedy.

Laughing is good. Even at or with a space hunter.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Isn't it testing really well? :wtc:

That doesn't matter. Disney aren't going to let their precious Marvel brand be tainted with anything unsafe and not family friendly. You won't get a Deadpool 3 other than the most heavily nerfed poo poo imaginable - so you won't get Deadpool 3 with Ryan Reynolds, because he won't do it - and you won't get the superhero horror movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jedit posted:

That doesn't matter. Disney aren't going to let their precious Marvel brand be tainted with anything unsafe and not family friendly. You won't get a Deadpool 3 other than the most heavily nerfed poo poo imaginable - so you won't get Deadpool 3 with Ryan Reynolds, because he won't do it - and you won't get the superhero horror movie.

Disney does not have a say in whatever it is Fox is doing now. Not yet, anyway.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm really pissed off about the New Mutants thing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm really pissed off about The Predator thing. Test screenings are awful. Why would they let people give their feedback? People are terrible.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
what's the predator thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shane Black Movie about space hunters

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I think the problem with The Predator is that a lot of people, me included, want something tonally similar to the first movie - moments of levity but overall a serious, brutal, R-rated badass survival film. Everything I've heard about the new one is that it's too funny/chatty and toeing the line between R and PG13 so they have the option to release to an expanded audience in case they never test high enough with the R rating. Tonally it just sounds wrong for a Predator film, I mean there are little kids in it for christ's sake. And you fuckin know they're they ones that are going to "save the day".

I love me some Shane Black, but all the man really did on the first film was some minor rewrites and add a couple jokes into the script. He was hired as an actor because it was a way for McTiernan to have a writer on set without breaking WGA rules. It's not like he has this deep connection to the franchise other than getting killed first and making a couple of pussy jokes.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Have a TV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjVqDg32_8s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dillbag posted:

I think the problem with The Predator is that a lot of people, me included, want something tonally similar to the first movie - moments of levity but overall a serious, brutal, R-rated badass survival film.

This is a problem yes. We should let these series evolve into something else sometimes. It’s boring to go back to the same well.

It’s also about drat time we have Predators riding on army ranks.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

hype as gently caress

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CelticPredator posted:

This is a problem yes. We should let these series evolve into something else sometimes. It’s boring to go back to the same well.

It’s also about drat time we have Predators riding on army ranks.

Yeah but this is the worst time for that, the entire Internet is a bunch of nerds with crossed arms whining "they didn't DO it how I wanted them to DO it!!! Plot holes! No tomatoes!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh man, I know. I popped into AvP galaxy and dang these guys are so salty at anyone who dares to change anything. It’s really frustrating.

I want to see these concepts grow and change and it’s sad that people are afraid to do that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not sure I'm ready for a world where people I trust are describing Ready Player One as "excellent"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am going Saturday with pure anger in my veins. I need to see it to justify bashing it if it's anything like the snippets people have posted.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

CelticPredator posted:

Shane Black Movie about space hunters

i know that! im super psyched for a shane black predator movie with keegan.

why is everyone kvetching about it tho

honestly the best predator movie would be kiss kiss bang bang but with predators on the periphery.

predator 1 and 2 were both funny.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I thought Predators was pretty decent but if you told me I'd dreamed it up I might believe you. That thing was dust in the wind even in the current age of weekly reboots no one gives a poo poo about

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCF5Y8dQpR4

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Y'all checked out Rob Ager's recent breakdown of Dillon's death scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stg13-GQQ1U

(I swear on my original VHS version you could see his real arm after the fake stump is lasered off (still firing, so ridiculously cool.)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure I'm ready for a world where people I trust are describing Ready Player One as "excellent"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ynohtna posted:

Y'all checked out Rob Ager's recent breakdown of Dillon's death scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stg13-GQQ1U

(I swear on my original VHS version you could see his real arm after the fake stump is lasered off (still firing, so ridiculously cool.)

I got a message about this yesterday.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

ynohtna posted:

after the fake stump is lasered off (still firing, so ridiculously cool.)

The symbolism is so good.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Deadpool decided that the Infinity War trailer needs a little fixing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsqkzBQ1lSI

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Jedit posted:

i'm not really sure what you're trying to say here. is Disney throwing their weight around to influence what Fox does with their IP in advance of the actual sale?

because otherwise, that makes no loving sense whatsoever. the movie's already close enough to done that they can do test screenings and have a trailer out. if it's already testing well, and they know the sale's looming, then the sane and intelligent thing to do would be finish up the initial cut of the movie ASAP, drop it pretty much as soon as the effects are done, and use the fucktons of money raked in to leverage a better deal with Disney. the Disney sale makes their current decision actively a hundred times dumber unless there's external factors we don't know about.

e: past that, i'd be sort of shocked if Disney shoots the Deadpool golden goose, provided Deadpool 2 does well. getting rid of a franchise that's doing well because it has gore and gently caress words, when they already have Netflix shows with gore and gently caress words, would be the less safe choice, not the safer one.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

want to watch that movie

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

This looks interesting!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The director of Devilman Crybaby has something a bit different this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJhWsaHCzA

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The MSJ posted:

That voice doesn't sound like Reynolds, weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Enjoy your Good Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCF5Y8dQpR4

• Locked thread