Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Len posted:

These are the things she's bragging about

https://www.fluevog.com/shop/4964-bardot-blue-gold

That's certainly a color.

The "what are those" meme but directed at 100 dollar shoes lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Not exactly stdh, but a post I just saw on Tumblr that's relevant to the thread.

quote:

made a meme for y’all since you have to be bitter about your boring lives on my posts

Which begs the question of what sort of things this person has been posting that they felt the need to make this

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I have a knack for storytelling and am interesting, I swear.

(on the internet)

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A knack for telling good stories seems like it would involve making up something actually possible as step 1, semi-believable as step 2, and actually funny or interesting outside of your own personal ideas of what is funny or interesting as step 3.

Step 4 is probably 'not giving a poo poo if people don't believe you, and going on telling stories'.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
"storytelling" means the same thing as "writing a thing on the Internet" apparently. I'm telling a story right now. I am a storyteller. A good one. Really.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Aleph Null posted:

"storytelling" means the same thing as "writing a thing on the Internet" apparently. I'm telling a story right now. I am a storyteller. A good one. Really.

As an intelligent nerd, my lip curled in disgust at this post.

Pneub has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Mar 30, 2018

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Aleph Null posted:

As someone else on the internet, I must now tell you why I disagree with this post. And also how much I don't care about it. Repeatedly, and at length.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

As someone else on the internet, I must now tell you why I disagree with this post. And also how much I don't care about it. Repeatedly, and at length.

HA! I didn't care before it became cool to not care. Sell out.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Butt Detective posted:

Not exactly stdh, but a post I just saw on Tumblr that's relevant to the thread.

Which begs the question of what sort of things this person has been posting that they felt the need to make this

I'm reminded of that one Klingon dude from DS9 that said it didn't matter how embelished the stories of old were, as long as they were inspiring and glorious

Except instead of heroic battles, it's "MAGGIE SIMPONS??!!? I CAN'T EVEN?????!!!!"

EDIT: Content

Danaru has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Mar 30, 2018

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ceiling fan posted:

I ran into my first serious discussion about safe spaces on my first date with a professor. I noticed a few bound reports on her shelf on the development of the Iraqi government. I talked a little bit about being in the military and then playing EVE, and how Goonfleet diplomacy compared to state department practices. She though it was funny how Goonfleet exercised soft power and how it was more effective than some state actions. And that safe spaces were a drag on academic freedom in principle while trigger warnings were nonsense. We had a short discussion where I supported the idea that trigger warnings helped mitigate PTSD events. It wasn't long before I comprised by tickling her nipples. The rest of the evening was nipple oriented.

This isn't really a current event. It's more of a parable about how tickling nipples is better than not tickling nipples. Happy early Easter.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

To be totally honest, I was not expecting it to go there.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

Danaru posted:

I'm reminded of that one Klingon dude from DS9 that said it didn't matter how embelished the stories of old were, as long as they were inspiring and glorious

Except instead of heroic battles, it's "MAGGIE SIMPONS??!!? I CAN'T EVEN?????!!!!"

EDIT: Content

Her follow-up text: "No, the big fuss."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
"Wow, its even tinier than they said it was"

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Good job on that written confession of possession with intent to supply... that didn't happen.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

maswastaken posted:

Good job on that written confession of possession with intent to supply... that didn't happen.

not to mention probably some form of felony assault, all in a way that makes it incredibly obvious to tell which employee did all of that considering her name was on the tub. Although you probably wouldn't need a name to spot the type of person who brings brownies into work for 2 straight weeks.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

not to mention probably some form of felony assault, all in a way that makes it incredibly obvious to tell which employee did all of that considering her name was on the tub. Although you probably wouldn't need a name to spot the type of person who brings brownies into work for 2 straight weeks.

I don't know what you're trying to imply, but you shouldn't assume that the enormous platter of brownies I bring to the office every week is intended to share.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I'm the person adding pot to the brownies after they've been baked.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

I'm the crafty person who knows the exact dosage of a notoriously inconsistent drug that will be undetectable by numerous strangers but still detectable by an unknown screening process.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also her daughter is baking those - does that mean her 9 year old is handling Marijuana?
Shes turning all her children into hooligans and whores! :ohdear:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

maswastaken posted:

Wouldn't drugging food you know will be consumed by others also legally qualify as attempting to poison them?

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
No see they do it all the times in the movies the bad thieves will be arrested/fired for being assclowns and I will walk away victorious :downs:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Don't see what the big deal is, I poison my co-workers all the time.

The trick is to take the dive and poison yourself too, that way you won't get caught.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
You have plausible deniability with a rather hot pepper or a fuckton of hot sauce, not so much with ipecac or cat drugs.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
I was just remembering FML and Texts from Last Night and First World Problems. They were funny for a little while until you realize it's all STDH.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

That note is stdh but at least one person had the idea and decided to act on it instead of just typing up a fantasy about it for the Internet:

https://www.thelocal.se/20060317/3312

I don't think anyone applauded at the end irl.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Met police officer spiked bottle of energy drink with screenwash to teach colleague who kept stealing it 'a lesson'

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Norrskensren posted:

That note is stdh but at least one person had the idea and decided to act on it instead of just typing up a fantasy about it for the Internet:

https://www.thelocal.se/20060317/3312

I don't think anyone applauded at the end irl.

quote:

Thirteen employees who ate the cake experienced unpleasant side-effects such as palpitations, hallucinations and breathing difficulties, and were taken to hospital.

White people when they get free pot.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Having been poisoned, I can tell you that it's not a fun experience when you suddenly realize that something is wrong.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fathis Munk posted:

Having been poisoned, I can tell you that it's not a fun experience when you suddenly realize that something is wrong.

Was there at least someone to offer you a nice egg in that trying time? I find that always helps when I get poisoned.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Fathis Munk posted:

Did't someone give you enough arsenic to kill an elephant or something like that?

That's the less trippy way of poisoning.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Something in that vein yeah. But even the more tippy kind of poisoning is probably hella anxiety inducing if you have no idea where it might come from.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I tried making weed butter for the first time a couple months ago because my dog got pancreatitis and was losing weight from not eating. Only after making it did I do the research to see that 1. You shouldn't drug your dog and 2. High fat consumption is bad for pancreatitis. So I decided to scrap that idea and make a couple cookies with it instead. I ate 2/3 of a deece sized cookie at like 7pm and didn't sleep at all that night and was hosed up for like 24 hours. Work was absolutely miserable and I wanted to die. And I've smoked pot since I was 13, basically everyday between age 15-19.

I wouldn't spike my worst enemy's food because if someone did that to me I absolutely would have gone to the emergency room.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Katt posted:

White people when they get free pot.

I once ate an entire pot brownie instead of just a bite, getting 6 times the dose of everyone else there. The girl who made them swears to this day that she told me to just nibble off a corner, but I have no recollection of this.

I ended up with my brain about 30 seconds behind my body, where I was so dissociated that I could still walk around and talk but my mind wouldn't acknowledge it as real until afterward. Then I just ended up getting more and more nauseous until I threw up.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I tried making weed butter for the first time a couple months ago because my dog got pancreatitis and was losing weight from not eating.

Can you explain the correlation between the first part of this sentence and the last? How on earth did you think giving weed to your dog would be a good idea?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Non Serviam posted:

Can you explain the correlation between the first part of this sentence and the last? How on earth did you think giving weed to your dog would be a good idea?

Weed can help with inflammation (checked with a quick google) and Panreatitis is an itis - an inflammation. The logic is there, it's just canine digestive systems are very different to human systems so weed would probably have stronger/different effects.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I tried making weed butter for the first time a couple months ago because my dog got pancreatitis and was losing weight from not eating. Only after making it did I do the research to see that 1. You shouldn't drug your dog and 2. High fat consumption is bad for pancreatitis. So I decided to scrap that idea and make a couple cookies with it instead. I ate 2/3 of a deece sized cookie at like 7pm and didn't sleep at all that night and was hosed up for like 24 hours. Work was absolutely miserable and I wanted to die. And I've smoked pot since I was 13, basically everyday between age 15-19.

I wouldn't spike my worst enemy's food because if someone did that to me I absolutely would have gone to the emergency room.

Thank you for being a responsible person. My fiancee got a text from her sister "my friend makes pot peanut butter for her dog to help keep the dog calm. Let's do that to ours!" And she sees nothing wrong with giving their little terrier weed.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Non Serviam posted:

I think the logic was that marijuana is an appetite stimulant for many people, and therefore would be for dogs? I don't think it's good logic, because dogs and people are very different, but the first premise is sound.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Dogs can't provide consent for that kind of thing, don't poison your dogs either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

counterpoint: giving cats catnip is cool and good