Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ChiTownEddie posted:

Dammit. You pissed in it, didn't you?!

Probably left it above a urinal empty...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Control Volume posted:

Snowballing a beer sounds unpleasant

It fucks with the carbonation but adds a lot to mouthfeel. So while it isn't ideal with a hazy IPA, I'd highly recommend it with pastry stouts. Especially if the person you're snowballing it from had some roasted coconut flakes in his mouth prior to taking his drink. Think of it as human Randalling.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Someone brew a gose named "Snowball"

Hauki
May 11, 2010

LeafHouse posted:

I’ve drank out of strangers glasses and have offered strangers drinks from mine plenty of times so I guess that’s pretty similar to drinking an unattended beer.

Wasn’t there a story of some drunk idiot lapping up darklord off the ground a few years back? Not sure if pavement darklord is grosser than piss Pilsner though...

I once had a 3 year old abyss fall out of my car in a parking lot and shatter all over the pavement and it smelled fantastic. We joked about asking for straws inside.

mmartinx
Nov 30, 2004

Hauki posted:

I once had a 3 year old abyss fall out of my car in a parking lot and shatter all over the pavement and it smelled fantastic. We joked about asking for straws inside.

It sounds like everyone ITT would be down for that

edit -- In burger thread: Other table's uneaten french fries, y/n?

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

mmartinx posted:

Did I find them on a shitter?

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

mmartinx posted:

It sounds like everyone ITT would be down for that

Am I in an experimental phase in college?

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Fresh cut - Yes
Curly - Yes
Steak - No
Crinkle - I’d rather drink a toilet beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Iso waffle fries FT checkers fries

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Spanish Manlove posted:

What vintages?

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

Spanish Manlove posted:

i can make this happen

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

danbanana posted:

It fucks with the carbonation but adds a lot to mouthfeel. So while it isn't ideal with a hazy IPA, I'd highly recommend it with pastry stouts. Especially if the person you're snowballing it from had some roasted coconut flakes in his mouth prior to taking his drink. Think of it as human Randalling.

Mods change my name to Human Randelling

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

LeafHouse posted:

Fresh cut - Yes
Curly - Yes
Steak - No

So if I eat fries from another table, should I leave a tip? thanks

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

i can make this happen

Cool, I'm throwing in some locals as extras. you know anyone who's got an in-and-out burger society hookup?

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

Spanish Manlove posted:

Cool, I'm throwing in some locals as extras. you know anyone who's got an in-and-out burger society hookup?

Sorry, that's a different coast.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Going to line up for a case of Triple (barrel aged) Double.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DROP TABLE PHIZ posted:

Sorry, that's a different coast.

Dang, i'd ask about the white castle reserve group but I hear those don't trade well.

atothesquiz
Aug 31, 2004

LeafHouse posted:

Fresh cut - Yes
Curly - Yes
Steak - No

Did you have the nerve to order this fry flight when it wasn't even on the menu?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
and was the ketchup triple dry-hopped?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

this thread is finally good

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

all the inside jokes are snowballing

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

funkybottoms i will officially be in your hood next friday. i'll send you a text if you're around

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Is drinking out of a strangers beer any different than drinking from a friend's? Other than your friend hasn't told you they have simplex 1 and a stranger just hasn't had the opportunity to not tell you? I mean I wouldn't do it but some people play Russian roulette with abandon guns not knowing how many bullets are in the cylinder.

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

sterster posted:

Is drinking out of a strangers beer any different than drinking from a friend's? Other than your friend hasn't told you they have simplex 1 and a stranger just hasn't had the opportunity to not tell you? I mean I wouldn't do it but some people play Russian roulette with abandon guns not knowing how many bullets are in the cylinder.

I guess I'm lucky that I have good friends and they don't try to infect me with diseases. Even my friend with Herpes I'd trust to share a beer with because he manages his disease and has yet to infect anyone. A stranger is surely less reliable but I've never had an issue :shrug: I'm pretty good at eyeballing diseased people though so ymmv

lol just lol at likening letting someone take a sip of your beer to playing Russian roulette

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

LeafHouse posted:

I guess I'm lucky that I have good friends and they don't try to infect me with diseases. Even my friend with Herpes I'd trust to share a beer with because he manages his disease and has yet to infect anyone. A stranger is surely less reliable but I've never had an issue :shrug: I'm pretty good at eyeballing diseased people though so ymmv

lol just lol at likening letting someone take a sip of your beer to playing Russian roulette

Yeah, a better comparison would be finding a random tide pod and eating it.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

LeafHouse posted:

Look I was wildly exaggerating obviously. Friends and family I know personally I have no problem taking a sip from their drink. Drinking a random persons drink really is playing Russian roulette. You may not take a bullet every time but, your could eventually get something and that something could quite literally kill you or effect you for the rest of your life. Not to mention what hosed up poo poo some people could put in or do to their drinks. Maybe they are trying to increase their pee tolerance . Just saying.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
CW's Rum Barrel Coconut Porter is a goddamn mess.

It also has the same mouthfeel as their BBS.

This can all be forgiven if the new batch of Peruvian Morning is what it used to be...

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

sterster posted:

Look I was wildly exaggerating obviously. Friends and family I know personally I have no problem taking a sip from their drink. Drinking a random persons drink really is playing Russian roulette. You may not take a bullet every time but, your could eventually get something and that something could quite literally kill you or effect you for the rest of your life. Not to mention what hosed up poo poo some people could put in or do to their drinks. Maybe they are trying to increase their pee tolerance . Just saying.

Umm, no? Unless you are unlucky enough to drink after a literal ex-kbg agent on his last night out.

Dem Bones
Feb 25, 2005
Listen, I didn't face ten long tours against the goddamn 'bots to come back home and lift baby weights.
I dunno what you’re talking about, this is exactly why I employ a royal taster for everything that crosses my lips, including random second-hand patio beers.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

sterster posted:

Umm lol you seem to still be exaggerating or are extremely sheltered. I too never drink from another person's glass at a bottle share or bar. That would be bad and would kill me. Also, I would be cool with increasing my pee tolerance.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 31, 2018

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Today I learned that bottleshares kill.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Beer Thread 3: I would be cool with increasing my pee tolerance

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Klaus Kinski posted:

Today I learned that bottleshares kill.

"the little death"

my favorite place- Cask Cafe- has had CBS on since the 21st. the times, as they say, have changed. speaking of which, i'm gonna go stock up on pils, helles, and Persian food* since i'll be bacheloring until Wednesday

*RVA folks, Kabob Place at Broad and West End is loving dope

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

funkybottoms posted:

my favorite place- Cask Cafe- has had CBS on since the 21st. the times, as they say, have changed.

KBS silently dropped over here and apparently shelves are chock full of it. Well hey, cool :homebrew:

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Kbs and cbs are still really good for it's price.
Sure there are better ba offerings around, but I can't justify snorkeling them at that price.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

danbanana posted:

This can all be forgiven if the new batch of Peruvian Morning is what it used to be...
A buddy said it was delicious with his breakfast. I got a bottle in my fridge to see for myself.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Klaus Kinski posted:

Kbs and cbs are still really good for it's price.
Sure there are better ba offerings around, but I can't justify snorkeling them at that price.

the helles i was planning on stockpiling was... not good, so i got some KBS, instead!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

funkybottoms posted:

the helles i was planning on stockpiling was... not good, so i got some KBS, instead!

What helles? Veil's Feel Feelings is pretty good imo if that's what you mean.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

poop dood posted:

What helles? Veil's Feel Feelings is pretty good imo if that's what you mean.

maybe you're lucky and don't taste DMS, but i get canned peas like a motherfucker. i've noticed it in a few of their beers recently, so i've gotta wonder if it's something to do with the new brewhouse, like maybe the stack on the kettle isn't drawing off enough steam or something and it's just falling back into the wort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
I was in Italy for a week and basically spent the whole time drinking wine save for a stop at one of Rome's very few craft beer bars which also has it's own brand on tap (Baladin). Anyways, they had a pretty solid English style Barleywine and a really disappointing porter.

I'm pretty pleased someone in the thread admitted to drinking piss at a concert though. Been a good week.