Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Why do people think it's not just Topical Freeze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/PowerA-Wired-Controller-for-Nintendo-Switch-Splatoon-2-1504071-01/535698215

This controller looks pretty neat

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chill Penguin posted:

That was my first reaction.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

mastajake posted:

Wish I would have read about the 3rd party dock bug before updating. That sucks.

Hey, at least you might be able to save your saves. I hope

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chill Penguin posted:

I don't speak Italy but I think it says three.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Despite being Splatoon themed, it lacks motion controls so you can't actually play Splatoon with it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guy Goodbody posted:

Everyone Switch owner should hope to see more anime titty games on the system. Even if you never want to play them, the Vita and the PSP prove that anime titty games can keep a system alive for ages

That isn't life

Wendell
May 11, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

A Lode Runner game with a level / character designer and online puzzle sharing? I see it's been out for Steam for a while, any positive experiences?

I played the demo, it was nice. That’s all I got. You should try the demo too!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cobalt Viper posted:

I don't speak Italy but I think it says three.

"There isn't 2 without 3."

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Improbable Lobster posted:

That overestimation only really happened to ET, where there were more copies of the game made than there were Atari 2600s

That's just the most infamous one. The fact is, Atari was way too optimistic about the number of copies any given title would sell.
Admittedly, they were in the birth of home console industry, and data analysis was less advanced, so I'll cut them a little slack, but they consistently overproduced relative to market interest.
E.T. wasn't the only game buried in that New Mexico landfill.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Donkey Kong country returns 2 has 3 partner characters

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great ::yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great: :yeah: :great:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Where is Diddy kong racing

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Can someone explain Bound Bowling in super mario oddyssey to me? I don’t understand how to transition the momentum from my bounces into forward momentum. The other racers seem to just bounce straight forward.

EDIT: Also why is it that sometimes when I do a good bounce there’s a red flash, other times a yellow flash?

Ariong fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 30, 2018

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
God dammit in Kirby I can't get Chef Kawasaki to do any helpful powerups until the after the boss is dead and I don't have time to run over and get the food.

rear end in a top hat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AAB posted:

Buried in the Rare pit

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Where are you supposed to stick the joycon straps when you put a Switch into a carry case?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Where are you supposed to stick the joycon straps when you put a Switch into a carry case?

My case has a pouch to carry those parts.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

SettingSun posted:

What this goon said.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
recently got Splatoon 2 and the pro controller variant of it.

it's all good, game is good, playing salmon run without any friends is NOT good.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 31, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Dizz posted:

recently got Splatoon 2 and the pro controller variant of it.

it's all good, game is good, playing salmon run without any friends is NOT good.

This specific salmon run kind of sucks, don't take it personally. I've put maybe 20 hours into Salmon Run alone and this is one of my least favorite weapon/map combos.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

GreatGreen posted:

God dammit in Kirby I can't get Chef Kawasaki to do any helpful powerups until the after the boss is dead and I don't have time to run over and get the food.

rear end in a top hat.

I was running into the same issue while playing Soul Melter. The solution is to take control of Chef Kawasaki and do the potluck move yourself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If you honestly want to cheese the arena the answer is to use spider and hide like a filthy coward while your team does everything. It's slow painful and will make you hate the game but it works

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lode Runner Legacy: Fun, Atari/DOS style puzzle game with a level editor. Pretty good presentation for a $10 game. Nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKVLfbKSyRA

Vookatos
May 2, 2013
So, I've got a NAT type D on my Switch. I've tried following official Ninty instructions, but it didn't work. Most guides I find assume that I know how all this technical crap works, which I really don't (and I didn't have that problem before on any console). Are there any simple things I should start with, like making my IP static or buying a new modem or something?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Ugh. Thought we were getting arcade Punch-Out!! today, but I guess it's only Japan.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Atelier is really relaxing and girly/cute so far, but just a warning, it's one of those games that comes with like a two hour tutorial. If you're like me and haven't played the series before, try and stick it out until about Chapter 3, that's when the game opened up for me. Once you get the Outskirts map and you unlock the atelier ranking system, it gets a lot more fun.

I'm not an anime fan, although I do like games like this and Recettear, Harvest Moon, etc., so that might factor into my opinion here, but I'd say the dialogue and story is pretty bog standard so far. I dont really care about any of the characters yet. Also your dad needs Adderall and therapy

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SettingSun posted:

The whole case is bulging out, and the strap pouch is pressing on the screen hard :ohdear:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

AAB posted:

I wish they'd make a new Diddy Kong Racing, the original was fantastic and I feel like it would benefit from today's technology big time. The characters in that game were awesome and had a ton of personality - Conker, Banjo and Tiptup. I don't know if it'll ever happen though :(

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you honestly want to cheese the arena the answer is to use spider and hide like a filthy coward while your team does everything. It's slow painful and will make you hate the game but it works

The best way to cheese the Soul Melter arena is actually... play as the Stone and just sit there as a statue while your team does everything. You’ll be completely invincible as stone. Your biggest task will be to revive your fallen party members, which will happen a lot. That’s when you’re at risk of taking damage. Also, this will make fights take enough time that you’ll be able to see the full move sets of each boss.

Be sure to bring the painter chick with you too, as her combo move with Stone is actually really powerful and got me quite a few killing blows. The other two companions I used were Dedede and R,K,&C.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I really like the Como / Spider moveset, the dash air triple web throw is so great for quickly mowing through those regular enemy gauntlets. The shield with no chip damage is also a big plus.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Any other cool ascesories besides a screen protector and a big sd card? I'm trying to make sure I have everything for the best experience at launch

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Any other cool ascesories besides a screen protector and a big sd card? I'm trying to make sure I have everything for the best experience at launch

I would recommend this (or something similar) if you are going to be using the joycons as a two/four player thing: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-J...ontroller&psc=1

It's basic, but it works well and makes the joycons more of a standard controller (more comfortable to hold)

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I can't really recommend a quality one as the one we bought is a good-enough Amazon Basics garbage tier model, but if you're planning to play in tabletop mode at length, get a little stand that lets you plug the power in. The Switch's USB port is inaccessible when your using the built in kick.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sinners Sandwich posted:

PRO controller is great if you plan to play docked

Joycon grippy things if you plan to play a lot of multiplayer mariokart or whatnot

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Not Operator posted:

I can't really recommend a quality one as the one we bought is a good-enough Amazon Basics garbage tier model, but if you're planning to play in tabletop mode at length, get a little stand that lets you plug the power in. The Switch's USB port is inaccessible when your using the built in kick.

Thats super unfortunate

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I bought LRG Thimbleweed Park. Hooray?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

For easy-Switchin at your desk (also works great for phone and tablet)

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Angle-Nintendo-Switch-Lamicall-Playstand/dp/B01LZAYH58

This allows you to charge and play tabletop at the same time. Folds flat for easy travel

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Spellman posted:

For easy-Switchin at your desk (also works great for phone and tablet)

https://www.amazon.com/Multi-Angle-Nintendo-Switch-Lamicall-Playstand/dp/B01LZAYH58

This allows you to charge and play tabletop at the same time. Folds flat for easy travel

This is the one I have and it works great! Highly recommend.

Also, on a side note, I tried licking one of the Nintendo Switch cartridges last night, and good lord, people weren't lying - it tastes awful. The bittering agent on the cartridge stuck around for like 15-20 minutes afterwards, and its absolutely cringe-worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Also, on a side note, I tried licking one of the Nintendo Switch cartridges last night, and good lord, people weren't lying - it tastes awful.
This is why I've gone 100% downloads on Switch.

• Locked thread