Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Calaveron posted:

Can you change outfits? Your screenshots show many wacky gloves, sleeves and barehands

You can. So far the non-premium selection's pretty meager. I'm actually annoyed at how prominent the microtransaction clothing is (they're in the same menus as the normal stuff). Yes, you can buy everything with in game money, but at very steep prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I don't see why it matters because the American flag tank top is opened from the start and you can unlock the cowboy hat for free easily by clearing an outpost.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Not that outfits matter, being a first-person game.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

The Lone Badger posted:

Yeah, the only time you will ever see you full customization outside of coop or going down is if you examine one of those "Wanted" posters the cultists nailed to the door of houses.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Hey they included it. It would only annoy me (badly) if there are more premium skins than non-premium (that'd be like adding a feature just so they put a store in the game).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I'm doing that but by the time the wingsuit deploys I'm already way lower than where I need to be.

Can I also say how it's dumb that if you hold down shift during a routine jump and your parachute deploys, the game will think you're dropping from a great height and kill you.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah I'm doing that but by the time the wingsuit deploys I'm already way lower than where I need to be.

Can I also say how it's dumb that if you hold down shift during a routine jump and your parachute deploys, the game will think you're dropping from a great height and kill you.

There's 2 issues related to that. One is if you open your parachute really low to the ground, physics will glitch out and it'll catapult you way up in the air to fall to your death. The second is that you take massive fall damage in this game even if you have the perk that says you take less, regardless of parachute use. I died once from dropping off a porch roof of a house, and I've died a ton while kind of clambering down a mountain. Fall damage in this game appears to be a bit too unforgiving. Even slightly misjudging a jump is the difference between not noticing it and being dead.

As far as Wingsuit, I'm on PS4 but I've had no issue deploying it. I just press in L3 and out it comes pretty quickly. I've started using it to descend those mountains I keep dying while clambering down.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Voice Acting Chat:

https://youtu.be/JPuS1XoRoJs

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
RIP Clutch Nixon, you were too beautiful for this world :respek:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just wish I could make my hired guns dress in the Omega outfit and have the Blood Dragon music going all the time.

And I guess more neon on the guns.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
My prob with the voice acting is that most of them dont really go either way ("i'm a complicated character" or "i'm going to eviscerate this scenery"), John does a decent job of it (especially in the Church of Yes bit), but all the other seeds can be summed up as "IM GONNA DO IT! I'M GONNA CHEW THIS SCENERY! JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE! HERE IT COMES! Ooga booga, I am a crazy person."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm impressed all the "Yes" cultists aren't dead from infections after having a giant piece of skin ripped off during their initiation.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Edgelord lady with the bow (Jane Dark or whatever her name was) intro was so cringy and trying so hard to be edgy that me and my coop partner were in actual agony. I think if you harnessed the kinetic energy of our collective eye rolling you'd have a perpetual motion machine.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Quick question, is there any good regenerating source of medkits/body armor like the homestead in 4?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

DancingShade posted:

I just wish I could make my hired guns dress in the Omega outfit and have the Blood Dragon music going all the time.

And I guess more neon on the guns.

Also more boats and pirate missions, and I wanna play as Haytham Kenway, and and

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

shortspecialbus posted:

There's 2 issues related to that. One is if you open your parachute really low to the ground, physics will glitch out and it'll catapult you way up in the air to fall to your death. The second is that you take massive fall damage in this game even if you have the perk that says you take less, regardless of parachute use. I died once from dropping off a porch roof of a house, and I've died a ton while kind of clambering down a mountain. Fall damage in this game appears to be a bit too unforgiving. Even slightly misjudging a jump is the difference between not noticing it and being dead.

As far as Wingsuit, I'm on PS4 but I've had no issue deploying it. I just press in L3 and out it comes pretty quickly. I've started using it to descend those mountains I keep dying while clambering down.

Maybe there's something screwy about the shift key, I'll see if I can rebind it when I get home.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe there's something screwy about the shift key, I'll see if I can rebind it when I get home.

How's your bow playthrough going? I've found the random spawning too hectic to do away with firearms entirely.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I got the Black Market perk so I could buy explosive arrows ASAP and it's been going pretty well minus dumb deaths from fall damage or super godlike airplanes spawning out of nowhere. I also took lots of stealth talents to take advantage of dumb AI and the Almighty Shovel. As far as I can tell explosive shots do just as much damage as RPGs and will take the helicopters down in one hit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Oh yeah, melee rules so far.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I'm still in John territory but I'm enjoying this game a lot - I love taking down the outposts undetected :ninja:

Also, love reading all the letters and item descriptions

:pisstape:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

resting mitch face posted:

I'm still in John territory but I'm enjoying this game a lot - I love taking down the outposts undetected :ninja:

Things always, eventually, end up going tits up for me. Latest example: forgot to change the throwable slot to knives from grenades.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Holy gently caress, I'm trying to get to a clutch Nixon point but I get ambushed by armored transports and fighter planes everytime I get close. This is ridiculous

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

shut up blegum posted:

Holy gently caress, I'm trying to get to a clutch Nixon point but I get ambushed by armored transports and fighter planes everytime I get close. This is ridiculous

Cycle through randomly generated hired guns until you get one that gives you total concealment in long grass. It won't make you invisible but it helps if you're on foot.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Fun game with good combat but these mandatory dream/kidnap sequences are real dumb and annoying. It’s like they’ve heard my complaints of the “player gets captured and escapes” schtick I’ve seen in a billion games before and they say “how about we up those moments 100x over! Whatcha think of that?!”

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I think the reason my character keeps getting captured is that you can't wear American Flag Pants. You think a cultist wants a roundhouse kick to the head while I'm wearing a pair of those bad boys? Forget about it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Fun game with good combat but these mandatory dream/kidnap sequences are real dumb and annoying. It’s like they’ve heard my complaints of the “player gets captured and escapes” schtick I’ve seen in a billion games before and they say “how about we up those moments 100x over! Whatcha think of that?!”

Don't forget that you have no say over when it happens (outside of not raising the resistance level in regions which is difficult not to do unless you're doing nothing at all)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait, so once they send out a capture party there’s no way to avoid them at all? It’s inevitable and happens with every major resistance point gain?

Seems... kind of a dumb way to advance the story.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wait, so once they send out a capture party there’s no way to avoid them at all? It’s inevitable and happens with every major resistance point gain?

Seems... kind of a dumb way to advance the story.

Correct, Correct, and Correct.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
Im having a hard time guaging the distance to get the ranged kill challenge thats worth 3 perk points. Anyone got any advice?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ubisoft reflected upon popular criticism that the Far Cry franchise offered a much too sympathetic portrayal of its villains and made you really really want to advance the plot by killing them so they can finally shut up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My stupid game will hang for 5 seconds at random intervals.
Drivers updated, game integrity is fine.

Any known cause?

Edit: On PC

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Tainted Ham posted:

Im having a hard time guaging the distance to get the ranged kill challenge thats worth 3 perk points. Anyone got any advice?

Tag something with enemies near it, you can do it from the sniper scope I think, including the ground itself. That'll show range. Get 150+m away from it, murder.

quick edit: this works better on roads because there's generally trees and shrubbery and poo poo in the way of seeing 150m into most of the bases and stuff, they'll force you closer to 80m or so on most, unless you are up on a mountain without trees.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

shortspecialbus posted:

Tag something with enemies near it, you can do it from the sniper scope I think, including the ground itself. That'll show range. Get 150+m away from it, murder.

quick edit: this works better on roads because there's generally trees and shrubbery and poo poo in the way of seeing 150m into most of the bases and stuff, they'll force you closer to 80m or so on most, unless you are up on a mountain without trees.

Ah thanks!

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Tainted Ham posted:

Roadside mounted gun + firing at cars in the distance.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Morter posted:

Also more boats and pirate missions, and I wanna play as Haytham Kenway, and and

This but unironically

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

Would just like to say a hearty gently caress you to the goddam stupid fail conditions that are growing increasingly annoying.

THE HELICOPTERS RIGHT loving THERE PILOTED BY MY SQUADMATE HOW DID I LEAVE IT BEHIND AND WHY WOULD THAT MATTER

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh, that reminds me. In the mission right after you retrieve Nick's plane (minor mission spoilers) , you know, where you fly the plane and have to destroy fuel tanks etc. I had an interesting bug.
I destroyed the tanks and the convoys, and then I had to destroy 2 helicopters. Shot the first one down without a problem, but then I clipped the second one. My plane exploded, I got thrown out and died. When it restarted, I was on the ground and had 2 mission objectives. Get in Nick's plane and destroy 2 enemy planes. Only problem was that Nick's plane was like 2 km away. So I just called Nick and he took down the planes for me. Mission successful :cheers:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Songbearer posted:

Suppressed lever action with scope and silencer for medium range base takeovers, unsilenced assault rifle with red dot when you're ready to go loud, uzi for drivebys. Change my mind :colbert:

Recurve bow for quiet jigglin', suppressed SPAS-12 for up-close bloodbathing , suppressed P226 for John Wick double-taps.

Shotguns are super-great in this game, and it makes stopping vehicles a breeze, you just point it in the general direction of the driver and they're almost always dead.

P226 is the best pistol because it looks slightly better with the suppressor than the 1911, and I like the slightly higher rate of fire because it's fun to shoot bad guys more times.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Rinkles posted:

You can. So far the non-premium selection's pretty meager. I'm actually annoyed at how prominent the microtransaction clothing is (they're in the same menus as the normal stuff). Yes, you can buy everything with in game money, but at very steep prices.
Personally I quite like how the pathetic amounts of silver you find in game aren't auto-pickup from safes, while the money is. Plus possibly a bit :tinfoil: but they don't exactly stand out colour or texture wise from the insides either.

I didn't even realize until I opened a few, and a extra prompt to pickup flashed up briefly as I walked past one with some inside.

Liking the game otherwise though. Nothing like sneaking up on a firefight and 'borrowing' a fifty cal. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

limited posted:

Personally I quite like how the pathetic amounts of silver you find in game aren't auto-pickup from safes, while the money is. Plus possibly a bit :tinfoil: but they don't exactly stand out colour or texture wise from the insides either.

I didn't even realize until I opened a few, and a extra prompt to pickup flashed up briefly as I walked past one with some inside.

Liking the game otherwise though. Nothing like sneaking up on a firefight and 'borrowing' a fifty cal. :smugdog:

I've had to :f5h: for every pile o cash I see. Auto pickup??