Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Pruitt is a very special breed of evil Evangelical bullshit artist. He really is just a terrible human.

Scott Pruitt cited the Bible to defend his oil-friendly policies

quote:

As I wrote in 2014 for the Atlantic, much of this stance is rooted in a very particular reading of Genesis 1:28 in the Bible. Referring to the creation of Adam and Eve, the Bible says: “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”

Cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dinosaurtrain posted:

That's loving hilarious. Of course he can't see the forest for the trees and has to freeride on rent at risk of an ethics violation but I guess it would be too much to ask a devout catholic to have a moral compass.

Now that I think about it I feel the most likely explanation is that he was so used to getting away with the sort of corruption he engaged in that he no longer even thought of it as something that could bite him in the rear end.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KickerOfMice posted:

Pruitt is a very special breed of evil Evangelical bullshit artist. He really is just a terrible human.

Cool!

How clever of him! No one's ever noticed that verse before. It sure did open my eyes.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shifty Pony posted:

Now that I tho k about it I feel the most likely explanation is that he was so used to getting away with the sort of corruption he engaged in that he no longer even thought of it as something that could bite him in the rear end.

I think that could be said of every member of the Trump administration

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

AceOfFlames posted:

Well duh. We're in it.

Also, WTF is up with that photo

That's a 70s sci-fi rear end Bible.

https://goo.gl/images/xJGoMv

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Do ya'll know that people actually believe teenagers are eating tide pods in some giant epidemic?

It's been like 100 kids in 2 years. It's a loving joke, guys.

Now toddlers, though... lock your loving detergent packs away, cuz those fuckers eat them some detergent pods.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Nth Doctor posted:

The asymmetry of the jewels just above the arms of the cross bugs the poo poo out of me.
E: Just below the arms, too. This is loving amateur hour!

They're centered on Christ's genitals. They wanted you to focus on Jesus Junk. The Penis of Piety.

Amniotic
Jan 23, 2008

Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.

VH4Ever posted:

This isn't related to Parkland but this is a slow news day so whatever. Last night in the local supermarket (San Diego area) I saw something I had yet to ever see casually walking around in public before: a large, silver haired, imposing but older looking white dude with a black t-shirt emblazoned with white power logos: SS and KKK both, and the back said 801 something? I do not know what that part means but maybe the collective brain trust here can help with that. Really just, stuns you...seeing someone walking around being that proud of publicly hating people. I wished pain and sadness to come into his life, but my guess would be maybe it already did. I know hate can't fight hate but boy, I just boiled with anger seeing that guy on behalf of my white race. You do NOT speak for me, peckerwood.

Santee?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

The asymmetry of the jewels just above the arms of the cross bugs the poo poo out of me.

I'm pretty sure the jewels below the arms represent the blood from the spear strike and the sour wine. Maybe the gems above the cross are symbolic as well?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

tetrapyloctomy posted:

They're centered on Christ's genitals. They wanted you to focus on Jesus Junk. The Penis of Piety.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Prepuce

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The book is really loving old and gems have fell off or pawned off, cut some slack.

pubic void nullo
May 17, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

this verse is a great character test for christians btw, to see whether they immediately interpret "being in charge of something" as an invitation either to nurture or avarice.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

VH4Ever posted:

This isn't related to Parkland but this is a slow news day so whatever. Last night in the local supermarket (San Diego area) I saw something I had yet to ever see casually walking around in public before: a large, silver haired, imposing but older looking white dude with a black t-shirt emblazoned with white power logos: SS and KKK both, and the back said 801 something? I do not know what that part means but maybe the collective brain trust here can help with that. Really just, stuns you...seeing someone walking around being that proud of publicly hating people. I wished pain and sadness to come into his life, but my guess would be maybe it already did. I know hate can't fight hate but boy, I just boiled with anger seeing that guy on behalf of my white race. You do NOT speak for me, peckerwood.

What part of the "San Diego area"? Tom Metzger and his hate organization was based out of Fallbrook. I went to Poway High and there were less than 20 black students in a school with 3000+ students. Unwritten Law (fairly big 90s pop punk band) started out playing house parties in Poway as a white power band.

Also a good guess.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Wow, there were up to eighteen holy foreskins floating around? Baby Jesus was hung.

... or had eighteen penises. Hey, judge not.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do these folks realize that money isn't going to save their descendants from what they've wrought.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

highme posted:

What part of the "San Diego area"? Tom Metzger and his hate organization was based out of Fallbrook. I went to Poway High and there were less than 20 black students in a school with 3000+ students. Unwritten Law (fairly big 90s pop punk band) started out playing house parties in Poway as a white power band.

I'm guessing Failbrook (Fallbrook) or Klan-tee (Santee).

Kale
May 14, 2010

thegalagakid posted:

Liam whoever he is is great in this tweet

e: lol is that loving Louis XVI?

I didn't upload that profile myself but I believe it's Thomas Jefferson in his role as U.S Ambassador to France. Louis XIV had long frizzy hair with a weird partition down the middle.

e: Oh yes sorry it is Louis XVI it turns out but who gives a gently caress about that guy? Anytime somebody talks about King Louis of France it's always the Sun King.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 30, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/979840766326358017?s=20

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If you're an authoritarian, a public shaming of authority figures by someone who should be a weak victim is .. . destabilizing to your entire worldview.

What gets me is that they're loving kids though. The fact that David Hogg is handily winning not only the PR battle but the platform battle as well in giving these people reason to back down is pretty amazing though. He already knows how to get them wear it'd actually hurt by pissing off their bosses in getting sponsors to pull said sponsorships.

IMO the GOP propaganda machine continuing to punch down on literal children who are the victims of a significant mass shooting has to have some serious repercussions come November though.

Crow Jane posted:

I think to conservatives, bullying just means "they don't like me/agree with me"

Anyway I guess Tucker Carlson talked California politics with... Fabio last night

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/s...%26autosize%3D1

Either that or it's "Fake News". Seems to vary by coin toss or something.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 30, 2018

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

pubic void nullo posted:

this verse is a great character test for christians btw, to see whether they immediately interpret "being in charge of something" as an invitation either to nurture or avarice.

Oh absolutely. Those crazyass Dominionists are always going on about it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Wow, there were up to eighteen holy foreskins floating around? Baby Jesus was hung.

... or had eighteen penises. Hey, judge not.

If even a fraction of things sold through the medieval relics trade were authentic, Jesus and the saints were all hideously deformed freaks in one way or another. So many fingers.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Groovelord Neato posted:

do these folks realize that money isn't going to save their descendants from what they've wrought.
“Descendants” translates into Baby Boomer as “not Me Personally; gently caress ‘em”

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This is an extremely pro-read.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

listen gently caress Tucker Carlson but social services have degraded to the point where some libraries have become defacto homeless shelters and narcotics treatment facilities

I don't think "fund harm reduction, mental health and housing to fix this" is the angle Tucker is going for though but im not wasting my life watching a video of Tucker and Fabio either

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kale posted:

I didn't upload that profile myself but I believe it's Thomas Jefferson in his role as U.S Ambassador to France. Louis XIV had long frizzy hair with a weird partition down the middle.

e: Oh yes sorry it is Louis XVI it turns out but who gives a gently caress about that guy? Anytime somebody talks about King Louis of France it's always the Sun King.

Louis XVI is kinda important on account of, well, that whole French Revolution thing?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

AmiYumi posted:

“Descendants” translates into Baby Boomer as “not Me Personally; gently caress ‘em”

Boomers gave us one precious gift though. The truth of old people.

For like a hundred thousand years or whatever people believed that old people were wise. In the past few decades scientists (with the help of computers and old people dealing with computers) discovered that old people were talking poo poo all along.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Smiling Jack posted:

listen gently caress Tucker Carlson but social services have degraded to the point where some libraries have become defacto homeless shelters and narcotics treatment facilities

I don't think "fund harm reduction, mental health and housing to fix this" is the angle Tucker is going for though but im not wasting my life watching a video of Tucker and Fabio either

Tucker's a piece of poo poo and it's guaranteed that actually addressing problems is not what he's suggesting.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Smiling Jack posted:

Tucker: Why should I have to listen to some dumb kids about anything?

Also Tucker: Please share your insights about the California economy, Fabio.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBCNews/status/979829565551005701

explodingironicat.gif

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I could have sworn support was 2-1 pro choice at one point.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Does he know March has 31 days and April Fools is two days later?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nm

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

VideoGameVet posted:

I'm guessing Failbrook (Fallbrook) or Klan-tee (Santee).

I recognize the name Santee because that’s where the Institute for Creation Science is.

Got into some grand old book duels with religious friends in high school.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Someone better than me at Photoshop should make up some Advil/Gillette/Progressive ads that feature Nazi-salutes and Laura Ingrahm quotes. I bet it won't take much to make them cave.

"Is the (((globalist))) power structure causing you migraines? Advil can help!"

Gillette, the best an ubermensch can get. :hitler:

boner confessor posted:

i dunno if she'll get shut down, but the money counters will tell her to lay off the kids if it leads to such sudden shifts in advertisers

She's not going to have a show if there aren't advertisers paying Fox enough for it to be worth keeping her. There's a point where it's better to get rid of her and bring in some new generic right winger to peddle crazy bullshit while not being toxic (yet) to advertisers.

AceOfFlames posted:

Well duh. We're in it.

Also, WTF is up with that photo

That's a 70s sci-fi rear end Bible.

The new Infinity Bible storyline from Marvel is lookin' good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nth Doctor posted:

I assumed it was loss

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/979857101882261505

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

i looked it up, like most small school districts *coughwhiteflightcough* parkland only has one middle school and one high school. only very small school districts have one elementary school, because you want to keep elementary schools small and close to where kids live

This is wrong, MSD is a part of the Broward county public school district which has more than 250,000 students and 300 schools. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broward_County_Public_Schools

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nth Doctor posted:

This is loving amateur hour!

You're talking about a bible, so it's more like nap hour because religion is for loving toddlers.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Crow Jane posted:

I think to conservatives, bullying just means "they don't like me/agree with me"

Anyway I guess Tucker Carlson talked California politics with... Fabio last night

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/s...%26autosize%3D1

Fabio has definitely stepped foot inside a public library

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

Fabio has definitely stepped foot inside a public library

Maybe he can see out of his book covers

• Locked thread