Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I just wish he had said what the spoilers were even for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

holy loving poo poo y'all

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/979765697566912513?s=19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Guess I'll finally get around to reading this.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
oh it's the comic about dating an 8 year old that has really good art

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

excuse me, it's actually about dating a college student when you're eight

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I think that's the fastest I've been interested in something because of the art, and then completely dissuaded from it.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ran's a babe when she puts her jordans on

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Viridiant posted:

I think that's the fastest I've been interested in something because of the art, and then completely dissuaded from it.

Dis is purposefully making it sound shittier than it is. The thing is about wizards and the girl in question has shoes that make her into an adult.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Julias posted:

Dis is purposefully making it sound shittier than it is. The thing is about wizards and the girl in question has shoes that make her into an adult.

:thunk:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like both sides are talking past each other, perhaps explaining somewhat complicated premises in shitposty ways arent very conducive to conversations, and people should be more straightforward especially when dealing with thorny issues. peace.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The dude still being into her knowing that she's 8 is still pretty weird though. Thankfully that's not where the story goes, but that relationship is one of the parts about Ran that I didn't really care for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't have 100% memory of the manga but I know the guy falls her adult form not knowing she's a kid, and their relationship is not like physical/sexual. that aspect of the plot reminded me more of series like full moon wo sagashite or tokimeki tonight, rather than being anything insidious.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Allarion posted:

The dude still being into her knowing that she's 8 is still pretty weird though. Thankfully that's not where the story goes, but that relationship is one of the parts about Ran that I didn't really care for.

haha...oops. anyway yeah, it wasn't a dealbreaker for me considering it's only a small part of the series and both the writing and art are otherwise great

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I thought that was what it was about but the truth is, I've never read it cuz

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dis can't read more than 10 pages of a 'ga.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

I thought that was what it was about but the truth is, I've never read it cuz
while i can understand the desire to make what the peasants refer to as "jokes", making people think a manga is about literal pedophilia when it is not, is kinda hosed up. fare well on your quest, adventurer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i was about to dunk on dis but i realized I did the exact same thing with koi wa ameagari. i'm a criminal too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i was about to dunk on dis but i realized I did the exact same thing with koi wa ameagari. i'm a criminal too

tbf koi is way more about that than this seems to be

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also ran in my top 5 manga so despite aiding dis in his bad joke, i do have to destroy him now

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Why would you trust a review by "I never watch or read more than three episodes/chapters of anything" Dis?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

gmq posted:

Why would you trust a review by "I never watch or read more than three episodes/chapters of anything" Dis?

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yesterday I saw that manga about a 30 year old man who one day wakes up and has become a primary school girl. It seemed like a really bad idea so put it back again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

gmq posted:

He's a man with high standards.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
If you folks say it's okay, I will trust you. Thank you for elaborating!

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

- ADTRW's number one slow start fan

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MagicAlex posted:

Magical Girl Ore is loving hilarious.

THUMBS UP
:thumbsup:

The show dangers itself, because it tries so hard to subvert ... all the things... making everything so completely stupid, and leaves it up to the viewer to decide if it's cringe or if it works... and it's pushing all my buttons. All aboard toot toooot

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

while i can understand the desire to make what the peasants refer to as "jokes", making people think a manga is about literal pedophilia when it is not, is kinda hosed up. fare well on your quest, adventurer.

I said it in a very hot take way but uh, from how people who like it have talked about it and the synopsis online I've always gotten the picture it was a romance manga about a witch girl who turns adult with magic but is literally 8, and the adult man who willingly dates her knowing this. Which is why I haven't read it cuz uh, that's weird.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

ran's also got a real babe of a mom

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well, I can excuse a lot of things for a hot mom

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

and a hot brother

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

thinking about it everyone in ran and the grey world is hot

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
drat, what's up nii-san

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

But Fumoffu comes next, and it isn't a mecha show!

Joking aside, I'll take future FMP episode reviews to the mecha thread.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

drat, what's up nii-san

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

drat, what's up nii-san

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

thinking about it everyone in ran and the grey world is hot

woah nice

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

drat, what's up nii-san

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
oh hi spring thread

Watch List

The All-Might & Friends Power Half-Hour
Caligula
Mahou Shoujo Site
Top Dragun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakuga Blog's season preview has some good stuff. Dragon Jets hype!!

• Locked thread