Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

If you have points on your account, I think you can redeem them until the end of January 2019, when it will be shut down entirely afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I used 600 of my 700 remaining Wii points to buy Light Trax, though I haven't played it yet. Not really interested in anything else I don't already have to the point where I want to bother adding more Wii points.

My Wii is pretty homebrewed up, I did install some games though the only one of those I still have on there is a Japan only Wiiware title (though I've heard just deleting installed games doesn't completely get rid of them), and I think even manually updated the Shop Channel at one point because I didn't want to run an automatic update. What are the chances that me doing a system transfer to my Wii U at this point will make bad things happen?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

KennyMan666 posted:

I used 600 of my 700 remaining Wii points to buy Light Trax, though I haven't played it yet. Not really interested in anything else I don't already have to the point where I want to bother adding more Wii points.

My Wii is pretty homebrewed up, I did install some games though the only one of those I still have on there is a Japan only Wiiware title (though I've heard just deleting installed games doesn't completely get rid of them), and I think even manually updated the Shop Channel at one point because I didn't want to run an automatic update. What are the chances that me doing a system transfer to my Wii U at this point will make bad things happen?

if my experience at launch is anything to go by, 0%. it just ignores anything you don't have a valid ticket for. also you can do a nand backup and restore it after the system transfer and have your games in both places (provided you don't load up the shop channel again on the wii, which will make it check the tickets again and realize you actually transferred everything and get rid of it. this probably won't be a problem once the shop channel's fully gone anyway)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I system transferred a homebrewed Wii to WiiU and it was fine. I didn't delete anything off the Wii, so all VC games etc were still installed on it. I gave it to my nephew and niece. The licences were transferred to the WiiU for everything also, so I was able to download them on the vWii there (or rebuy them on the WiiU eShop with the discount).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I thought the Fire Emblem Warriors DLC was supposed to be out today? Is it just too early or did they screw up and put 3/28 when they meant 3/29?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I thought the Fire Emblem Warriors DLC was supposed to be out today? Is it just too early or did they screw up and put 3/28 when they meant 3/29?

Check back at 7pm.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
That's pacific time no doubt.

9-10PM it is then. :(

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases March 29, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Sengoku 3 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"SENGOKU 3" is a side-scrolling action game released by SNK in 2001. In order to purge malicious souls, Shinobi travel the world to defeat the undead. Cut, smash, throw, and use weapons as well as Ninja Arts and Ultimate Ninja Arts in this hyper-action ninja game.

The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1: A Deadly Business - $4.99 / £4.99 / €5.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle is a hilarious tongue-in-cheek point and click adventure game that mixes the classic formula up with riveting action elements, all weaved together lovingly by Rumpus Animation.

Alteric - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Only yesterday you were a man. Today everything has changed. You died. But your soul is still there. It’s a piece of light energy trapped in the alien space between two worlds.

Atelier Lydie & Suelle - The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings - $59.99 / £53.99 / €59.99 (March 27 NA / March 30 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
Lydie and Suelle are twin sisters, who are also alchemists, living in Merveille, the capital of Kingdom of Adalet, and they aim to make their atelier the best atelier in the kingdom. One day, they find a mysterious painting with a strange and wonderful world inside of it, full of rare materials for their alchemy. This discovery is sure to become the very key to realising their dream. A new mysterious story to mark the 20th anniversary of the Atelier series!

The Charming Empire - $24.99 / £19.99 / €24.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Charming Empire is a dating simulation game set in the Taisho Roman era of Japanese history. Popular voice actors known for their talent in anime and video games bring our five main characters to life.

ClusterPuck 99 - $9.99 / £7.69 / €8.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
ClusterPuck 99 is a top-down competitive local multiplayer sports game filled with fun and frantic action!

D/Generation HD - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (March 27 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A virus has escaped at Genoq HQ in London, and Derrida, the lead scientist at Genoq, has asked you to help save the day. Travel up through the Genoq skyscraper rescuing the stranded employees and putting an end to the escaped virus.

Devious Dungeon - $6.79 / £7.99 / €7.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Under orders by the King, players assume the control of a Knight instructed to head into the catacombs beneath the Kingdom, to slay the foul beasts and monstrosities that have invaded the murky depths. You must venture deep within the dungeons eliminating the threat! Slay monsters, collect loot, level up and upgrade your gear.

Farm Expert 2018 - $29.99 / £22.49 / €24.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The special edition of farming simulator Farm Expert 2018, which succeeded on mobile platforms last year, is now on Nintendo Switch.

Gotcha Racing 2nd - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Get parts from the gacha and customize your own original machine. Win a variety of races and aim for the top of the Grand Prix!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Bad Dudes - $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (March 29 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Are you a bad enough dude to rescue th

Lode Runner Legacy - $11.99 / £10.79 / €11.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Collect all the gold in the level and escape! But watch out for the multitude of enemies and traps in the labyrinthine levels! The Runner can blast floors, so strategically use this technique to capture gold embedded in blocks, or entrap your enemies within them! Use your wisdom and strategic techniques to complete all the levels!

Outlast 2 - $29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99 (March 27)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Outlast 2 is the sequel to the acclaimed survival horror game Outlast. Set in the same universe as the first game, but with different characters and a different setting, Outlast 2 is a twisted new journey into the depths of the human mind and its dark secrets.

Penny-Punching Princess - $39.99 / £39.99 / €39.99 (April 3 NA / March 30 EU)
Penny-Punching Princess is an isometric brawler that takes place in a world ruled by capitalism, where cash is king. Fight or bribe your way to reclaiming your kingdom from the greedy Dragoloans.

Shadow Bug - $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You are the overpowered ninja hero Shadow Bug! Save your home forest from the evil factory by slicing monsters to pieces. Adventure through beautiful and twisted landscapes full of action and adventure as the ultimate ninja.

Tengai - $7.99 / £6.99 / €6.99 (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Tengai is a horizontally scrolling shoot 'em up video game released for arcade machines in 1996 by Psikyo as a sequel to their 1993 shooter Sengoku Ace.

Toki Tori - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 ($4.49 / £4.04 / €4.49 until April 13) (March 30)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Take control of Toki Tori, a surprisingly heroic chicken, as he puzzles his way through 80+ levels spread over five unique worlds.

Unholy Heights - $4.99 / £4.39 / €4.89 (Dec 14 NA / March 29 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Unholy Heights is a combination of apartment management simulation and tower defence. As the devil, you have to collect rent, use it to improve the living environment, and beat all the human adventurers with the power of tenants!

Warp Shift - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (March 27)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Warp Shift is a unique puzzle game set in a mysterious world. It takes you on a marvelous journey that challenges your mind and stimulates your senses. Experience beautiful visuals, challenging puzzles and intriguing sound design.

Zombillie - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (£4.00 / €4.49 until April 12) (March 29 NA / April 5 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Help Zombillie reach the legendary meat farm! A long road lies ahead: 90 complex levels full of puzzles and traps. So stand on your feet – all 100 of them – and just ride!

Wii U
Spellcaster's Assistant - $3.99
Digital - [NA]
You are Emmy Epheremelda, a sorcerer in training/magical assistant. Your master is out on a mission and has left you in charge. All was fine and well till these annoying Tomeverme showed up and decided to wreck the magical library! It's up to Emmy to do away with these nuisances before Master shows up! And remember, it wasn't your fault!

3DS
The Alliance Alive - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (March 27 NA / March 30 EU)
The makers of The Legend of Legacy bring the classic JRPG back to form in The Alliance Alive, a new adventure that evokes the nostalgia of the JRPG greats by offering huge world-exploration, an intertwining story of 9 protagonists, and well-designed battle mechanics.

Dodge Club Pocket - $4.99 / £ ? / € ? (March 29 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The underground ravers of Dodge Club invite YOU to play in their pixel dance party. Dodge the red hot fireball and electric spark in a variety of unique minigame challenges, each one more wild than the last!

Waku Waku Sweets: Happy Sweets Making - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99 (£8.99 / €9.99 until April 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Let's make lots of sweets at the yearning sweets shop! With easy operation, you can make sweets happily! You can learn how to make over 100 kinds of fun sweets! There are many recipes including cakes, cookies, Japanese sweets and so on.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Arcade Archives Punch Out is out now and it's cool to see how different it looks and feels from the NES game but I'm completely terrible at it.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Well, how many of us sucked at ARMS the first time we tried it?

(...especially with the motion controls)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/978717867809091585/photo/1

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It honestly seems pretty fun but I don't really like the motion control scheme and for some reason the demo has no way to try the other control options

e: oh ok it lets you play with normal controls in handheld mode

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 31, 2018

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Help Im Alive posted:

It honestly seems pretty fun but I don't really like the motion control scheme and for some reason the demo has no way to try the other control options

e: oh ok it lets you play with normal controls in handheld mode

If you don't have a pro controller, try sliding them into the grip. Keeping the joycon level lets you play with standard controls, but holding them up at all triggers motion.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

They still haven't fixed that stupid loving decision? Ffs not everyone wants to play with motion controls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could always play without motion

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

You could always play without motion

Not if you want to play with the joycons separate from the screen, like in the grip.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When the gently caress is Terraria coming out?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Well w/e I bought arms and it's good (I'm using the grip)

i like the clown

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 31, 2018

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Oh hey Arcade Archives: Punch Out!! is on the eShop for NA now, possibly Europe.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can you change the buttons in ARMS? Switching Y and B would feel a lot better to me.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, it lets you customise all the buttons in the full game. The default they went with felt weird to me too

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

iajanus posted:

Not if you want to play with the joycons separate from the screen, like in the grip.
I'm not sure about the demo, but you can use the joycons without motion controls- it will just automatically switch to motion controls if you hold them upright or move them around too much

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

.TakaM posted:

I'm not sure about the demo, but you can use the joycons without motion controls- it will just automatically switch to motion controls if you hold them upright or move them around too much

That's the problem. It's ridiculous to put those sorts of conditions on when it switches from no-motion to motion. There should be a toggle like in pretty much every game with both sets of controls.

It's terrible UX and there's no excuse for it except total incompetence by the designers.

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

jokes posted:

I'm waiting too, fellow goon.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

jokes posted:

Have they even announced a port?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Wait a minute, D Generation is that old DOS game? They made an HD remake of it? Holy poo poo, I wonder if it holds up. I used to play that all the time as a kid

Wait, looks like it came out on Steam awhile back and everyone hated it and it was buggy. poo poo.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/389740/DGeneration_HD/

This game is not good and it looks like they used default poser 3D models to make it. Yikes!

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 2, 2018

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases April 5, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BSTfor Europe.

Switch
Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Complete animated jigsaw puzzles alone or team up with friends and finish them together!

Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Ninja-Kid" is an action game that was released from the UPL in 1984. Players control Ninja-kun who puts a red hood on, and layers move the scaffold consisting of several stairs up, down, left or right, and players defeat the enemy with the shuriken.

The Adventure Pals - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Inspired by classic platformers and cartoons alike, The Adventure Pals sets you and your best friends (a giraffe and a rock) out to save the world and your dad from turning into hotdogs!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Bad Dudes - $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 5 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Metropolis: Lux Obscura - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 ($7.19 / £6.47 / €7.19 until April 4)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This city is rotten to the core. You can’t even tell night from day in this hell where big money runs everything. And the best way to prove you’re right is with brute force.

Octocopter: Double or Squids - $2.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Oh no! Part way through their epic battle the Octopus and Submarine have lost their way and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Can you help them to work together to escape these deadly depths? To complete each level you must navigate the maze without crashing. You won't stop spinning so timing is everything!

Penny-Punching Princess is an isometric brawler that takes place in a world ruled by capitalism, where cash is king. Fight or bribe your way to reclaiming your kingdom from the greedy Dragoloans.

Sling Ming - $11.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Grab your helmet, princess, you're in for the ride of your life! Hook up to the Oxylane, a transit system that lets you fly through the air, swing around corners and defy gravity. Embark on an intergalactic adventure, trace the steps of your missing father and recover the keys to the mysterious vault beneath your castle.

Sumer - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Race friends to harvest, craft, and bid in this innovative Euro-style board game. Sumer blends the intrigue of turn-based strategy with the excitement of real-time action. Board game night is coming to the Nintendo Switch!

Super Rocket Shootout - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Super Rocket Shootout is a frantic 2D pixelart brawler game, mixing platformer and fighting mechanics. Charming characters, destructible environments, cool weapons and awesome jetpack make this a blast to play alone or with up-to 4 friends.

Urban Trial Playground - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Backflip from the rooftops, over palm trees and sand dunes in ‘Urban Trial Playground’ and become the ultimate stunt racer!

New 3DS
Alter World - $1.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Inspired by Stephen King's book - "The Dark Tower," Alter World is a 2D platformer with interesting gameplay mechanics. Player can pass on an alternative universe anytime and use an alternative realms to move to another level.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

Did you know that despite being able to buy games from a browser, you can't enter a prepaid Nintendo card's code via the same, it HAS to be done via a system?

Chalk this up to being dumber than the way the points system works. Only Nintendo, I guess. What happens if you don't have your system with you and something on your wish list is on sale? Your rear end is waiting to add money to your account, that's what! (Hopefully before the sale ends.) Not sure that's what they had in mind with the Switch's portability...

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Agent Escalus posted:

Did you know that despite being able to buy games from a browser, you can't enter a prepaid Nintendo card's code via the same, it HAS to be done via a system?

Chalk this up to being dumber than the way the points system works. Only Nintendo, I guess. What happens if you don't have your system with you and something on your wish list is on sale? Your rear end is waiting to add money to your account, that's what! (Hopefully before the sale ends.) Not sure that's what they had in mind with the Switch's portability...

This isn't true? You can use an eshop card on the payment page.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Apr 3, 2018

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

OK, must be a browser error, a .ca site thing, or maybe they only won't let you add prepaid card to your wallet ahead of time, because I didn't have that show up for me at all. (Whereas via the systems I can add to my wallet for later, my preferred method.)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Agent Escalus posted:

OK, must be a browser error, a .ca site thing, or maybe they only won't let you add prepaid card to your wallet ahead of time, because I didn't have that show up for me at all. (Whereas via the systems I can add to my wallet for later, my preferred method.)

It is available on the Canadian site, but yeah, only when you're making a purchase, you can't add them ahead of time.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fancy Hat! posted:

Have they even announced a port?

They did! It was supposed to be out end of 2017 but I guess not.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases April 5, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BSTfor Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Samurai Showdown III - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
SAMURAI SHODOWN III is a fighting game released by SNK in 1995. It is a sequel to SAMURAI SHODOWN II. You can now fill your Rage Gauge, as well as block attacks mid-air. Player characters now have two styles to choose from: SLASH and BUST. The ways of battle have greatly expanded.

The Adventure Pals - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 3 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Inspired by classic platformers and cartoons alike, The Adventure Pals sets you and your best friends (a giraffe and a rock) out to save the world and your dad from turning into hotdogs!

Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Complete animated jigsaw puzzles alone or team up with friends and finish them together!

Arcade Archives Ninja-Kid - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Ninja-Kid" is an action game that was released from the UPL in 1984. Players control Ninja-kun who puts a red hood on, and layers move the scaffold consisting of several stairs up, down, left or right, and players defeat the enemy with the shuriken.

D/Generation HD - $9.99 / £9.99 / €9.99 (March 27 NA / April 3 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A virus has escaped at Genoq HQ in London, and Derrida, the lead scientist at Genoq, has asked you to help save the day. Travel up through the Genoq skyscraper rescuing the stranded employees and putting an end to the escaped virus.

Infernium - $24.95 / £ ? / € ? (April 5 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Infernium, a non-linear first person survival horror that will shake you to the core!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Bad Dudes - $7.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 5 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Metropolis: Lux Obscura - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99 ($7.19 / £6.47 / €7.19 until April 4)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This city is rotten to the core. You can’t even tell night from day in this hell where big money runs everything. And the best way to prove you’re right is with brute force.

Octocopter: Double or Squids - $2.99 / £2.69 / €2.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Oh no! Part way through their epic battle the Octopus and Submarine have lost their way and sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Can you help them to work together to escape these deadly depths? To complete each level you must navigate the maze without crashing. You won't stop spinning so timing is everything!

Sally's Law - $12.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Sally’s Law is the opposite of Murphy’s Law: Anything that can go great will go great! Race...no, ROLL to solve a variety of puzzles! Experience a unique puzzle-platformer, encountering a variety of fun tricks while enjoying the story at the same time.

Sling Ming - $11.99 / £10.79 / €11.99 (£8.63 / €9.59 until April 18)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Grab your helmet, princess, you're in for the ride of your life! Hook up to the Oxylane, a transit system that lets you fly through the air, swing around corners and defy gravity. Embark on an intergalactic adventure, trace the steps of your missing father and recover the keys to the mysterious vault beneath your castle.

Splat the Fruit - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 6 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Splat the Fruit is the thinking persons version of "Angry Birds". If you love a challenge and want the freedom of playing a game your own way you will love "Splat the Fruit".

Sumer - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Race friends to harvest, craft, and bid in this innovative Euro-style board game. Sumer blends the intrigue of turn-based strategy with the excitement of real-time action. Board game night is coming to the Nintendo Switch!

Super Rocket Shootout - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Super Rocket Shootout is a frantic 2D pixelart brawler game, mixing platformer and fighting mechanics. Charming characters, destructible environments, cool weapons and awesome jetpack make this a blast to play alone or with up-to 4 friends.

Urban Trial Playground - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Backflip from the rooftops, over palm trees and sand dunes in ‘Urban Trial Playground’ and become the ultimate stunt racer!

Zombillie - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (£4.00 / €4.49 until April 12) (March 29 NA / April 5 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Help Zombillie reach the legendary meat farm! A long road lies ahead: 90 complex levels full of puzzles and traps. So stand on your feet – all 100 of them – and just ride!

New 3DS
Alter World - $1.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Inspired by Stephen King's book - "The Dark Tower," Alter World is a 2D platformer with interesting gameplay mechanics. Player can pass on an alternative universe anytime and use an alternative realms to move to another level.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jeez at this pace we going to have the entire Neo Geo library before the Virtual Console appears.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Jeez at this pace we going to have the entire Neo Geo library before the Virtual Console appears.

"We've already released a virtual console, that's all you're getting"

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Cross posting from the board game thread

OtspIII posted:

I'm going to ride this wave of self promotion (Meltwater looks super cool, btw) and mention that my board game/video game hybrid Sumer is out for the Nintendo Switch today!

Sumer's a worker placement/auction video game that's basically just us taking modern Eurogame board game design and using it to make something real time and digital. You play as four Sumerian nobles competing to win the goddess Inanna's favor by sacrificing the most stuff in her name. There are two main phases--a worker placement one where you provide the resources needed to perform her rituals and a real time goat-auction where you buy upgrades and new buildings to place on the ziggurat/board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnSLKhG9RME

I don't post a ton, but this thread has had a pretty huge impact on my taste in board games, so I'm hoping it'd be up folks here's alleys.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Oh cool, I like playing board games with friends, so this looks promising.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases April 12, unless otherwise stated).

Switch
#Breakforcist Battle - $9.99 / £6.99 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Are you hungry!? Introducing an all new version of the cult favourite breakfast/exorcism-themed waffle-busting game, #Breakforcist Battle! Use your magic paddle and ball to rescue breakfast with classic brick-breaking gameplay. Work together with a friend in cooperative play or challenge your friends in an all new competitive Battle Mode!

ACA NeoGeo Gururin - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Gururin" is an action-puzzle game released in 1994 by FACE. Enjoy a puzzle game the likes of which you've never seen before while rotating the Magic Troupe "Gururin!" Comes with One Player Mode, Challenge Mode (VS CPU), and Two Player Mode.

Asdivine Hearts - $12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Travel alongside four companions and a cat in a fantasy RPG featuring stunning animated turn-based battles!

Bombslinger - $11.99 / £ 10.79 / €11.99 (April 11)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Bomb your way through hordes of enemies and master the classic bomb-slinging gameplay in a solo adventure with procedurally-generated levels, character progression with skill upgrades, and a variety of offensive and defensive items. And when you want a break from the solo adventure, take the fight to your friends in hectic four-player* deathmatch battles!

The Bunker - $12.49 / £9.99 / €12.99 (April 9)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Bunker is a live-action psychological horror game starring Adam Brown (The Hobbit) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) with writing talent behind The Witcher, Broken Sword and SOMA.

Burly Men at Sea - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
One of TIME's top ten games of the year, Burly Men at Sea is a folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure.

Deep Ones - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
«Deep Ones» is a retro arcade-platformer with multigenre parts, inspired by ZX Spectrum, Bioshock and works of H. P. Lovecraft.

Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In Don’t Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition, you play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped by a demon and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Enter a bizarre and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Learn to exploit the environment and its inhabitants to escape and find your way back home.

Drone Fight - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pilot a radio-controlled multicopter in this 3D air race game! Fly freely over grassland, into tunnels, over canyons and more while competing in an air race over a variety of scenery using items and techniques!

Eternal Edge - $20.00 / £ ? / € ? (April 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Eternal Edge is an Action Adventure role-playing game following the young hero Cross on a quest to defeat the Skeleton King, Lord of the Dead. Gear up with powerful weapons, epic armor, and hidden spells to journey across the vast lands of the Little Kingdom and free its inhabitants from a long reign of evil.

Gal*Gun 2 - $59.99 / £44.99 / €49.99 (April 24 NA / April 13 EU)
Japan's most infamous shooter makes its long-awaited Nintendo Switch™ debut!

Infernium - $24.95 / £19.99 / €22.99 (April 5 NA / April 12 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Infernium, a non-linear first person survival horror that will shake you to the core!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Bad Dudes - $7.99 / £7.99 / €7.99 (April 5 NA / April 12 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]

Masters of Anima - $ ? / £15.99 / €19.99 (April 10)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Masters of Anima is an original adventure game that takes you deep into the magical world of Spark. Battle against the forces of evil in strategic, action-packed battles, where making tactical decisions quickly is vital. Summon and control large armies of up to 100 Guardians, thanks to intuitive and innovative gameplay.

Pirates: All Aboard! - $5.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pirates: All Aboard! is a competitive battle game for solo and multiplayer pick 'n play fun.

Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - Royal Edition - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs is a tactical RPG about the restoration of a fallen kingdom to its former glory. Embark on an adventure that will remind you of your best JRPG experiences – assemble a party of valiant individuals, manage your realms, forge alliances and vanquish your foes in challenging turn-based combat!

Rogue Aces - $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Join the Rogue Aces today as Wings Mc.Pilot & Co, in this procedurally generated, adrenaline-fuelled fight to the last plane!

Skies of Fury DX - $19.99 / £14.59 / €16.19
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Take to the skies and experience WWI as a fighter pilot! Skies of Fury DX offers players the chance to engage in epic, aerial combat in historic Bloody April, 1917, as both British and German pilots.

Streets of Red - Devil's Dare Deluxe - $8.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (£5.03 / €5.59 until April 26)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In Streets of Red - Devil's Dare Deluxe, the only thing scarier than being eaten alive is running out of quarters! A permadeath, multiplayer, horror beat-'em-up that bestows players with the skills of retro gaming heroes in a fight against a legion of undead monstrosities.

Super Daryl Deluxe - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (April 10)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Super Daryl Deluxe is an RPGvania with brawler-style combat set inside of a perfectly normal, sprawling, multi-dimensional high school. Like any other perfectly normal school, its students and faculty are going missing and the classrooms have been locked down for weeks. Yes, there's nothing remarkable happening at WFHS whatsoever - just ask the new principal.

Word Search by POWGI - $7.99 / £6.99 / €7.99 (March 29 NA / April 12 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Word Search by POWGI includes more than 300 puzzles to keep you - and your friends - puzzling for hours!

Zotrix: Solar Division - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (April 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Every space station in the network is in danger and Solar Division command needs your help to setup proper strategy for the defense. This, primarily strategy game, blends game mechanics between tower defense and real time strategy with hybrid elements such as patrolling ships, navigation towers. You are trusted this important task before whole network is taken to the edge of the unknown.

Wii U
Spellcaster's Assistant - $3.99 / £3.59 / €3.99 (March 29 NA / April 13 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
You are Emmy Epheremelda, a sorcerer in training/magical assistant. Your master is out on a mission and has left you in charge. All was fine and well till these annoying Tomeverme showed up and decided to wreck the magical library! It's up to Emmy to do away with these nuisances before Master shows up! And remember, it wasn't your fault!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

any goon reviews of that game The Bunker? the pedigree of some of the staff on it is kinda impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

alf_pogs posted:

any goon reviews of that game The Bunker? the pedigree of some of the staff on it is kinda impressive

I've seen a few LPers go through it (Bobvids/Voidburger notably) and it honestly looked pretty terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwHSVM2i0R8
Here's Bobvids review. There's possibly spoilers, but he'll call it out.

Fancy Hat! fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 12, 2018