Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Can confirm, app only though.

Most Targets have self checkout now don't they? I usually go straight for those to avoid problems.

I had an issue when Wave 1 of PotP came out and I used a self checkout. But now that I think about it that was because I was trying to work the system on the Buy One Get One Half Off sale they were running. But they did it anyways since they saw they were Transformers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I decided to swing by Toys r Us just to see what the damage was and good God almighty the place is all but picked clean already. Couple of movie toys and an Optimus voice change mask thing halfway hanging out of a crushed box was the only sign that Transformers ever existed, and 3/5ths of the shelves in the place overall were empty.

Then Smyths only had POTP Grimlock and Starscream, and absolutely no other Transformers. Not even movie toys.

Dark days indeed.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

A Chosen One will rise, and light our darkest hour.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well SS Leaders are being sighted at Meijers all across the region so I swung by to get somer groceries and check. No Leaders but they had two cases of deluxes on the pegs. I picked up the only remaining Stinger and it run up at $18 so hey, guess I'll keep it.

Edit: Hey was anyone interested in the Weij Jiang OS Throttlebot Combiner? One of my trusted sellers has the complete set for $99 shipped right now.
https://www.facebook.com/SarahZhang123/

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 30, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
:siren::siren::siren:

Kapow are selling Shatttered Glass MP-10 for only £70!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The WJOS throttlebot combiner is easily one of the best combiners out there. For a hundred bucks it's one of the best picks you can go for.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Can't not buy it for that price, thanks for the heads up!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

The WJOS throttlebot combiner is easily one of the best combiners out there. For a hundred bucks it's one of the best picks you can go for.

Truth. And it scales with the TW/Zeta combiners quite well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

History Comes Inside! posted:

Can't not buy it for that price, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I had to snap one up too, even if it’s just as an investment to sell on later.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I decided to swing by Toys r Us just to see what the damage was and good God almighty the place is all but picked clean already. Couple of movie toys and an Optimus voice change mask thing halfway hanging out of a crushed box was the only sign that Transformers ever existed, and 3/5ths of the shelves in the place overall were empty.

Then Smyths only had POTP Grimlock and Starscream, and absolutely no other Transformers. Not even movie toys.

Dark days indeed.

So, like a regular visit to Toysers, then?

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Hey was anyone interested in the Weij Jiang OS Throttlebot Combiner? One of my trusted sellers has the complete set for $99 shipped right now.
https://www.facebook.com/SarahZhang123/

Argh. Bad timing. Oh well, maybe later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SS Leader hunt was not a total bust, grabbed Blackout at the least convenient Meijer. Can't wait to crack this sucka open.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
God, getting ahold of Studio figures is gonna be hell in NYC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

God, getting ahold of Studio figures is gonna be hell in NYC.

Big cities are either a gold mine or a wasteland. I found tons of poo poo in LA but San Diego and San Francisco had bupkiss.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm wanting to put a couple of TFs on my desk at my new job. What are some good little ones? Like a little Optimus and Megatron? Maybe War in Pocket ones?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

So I'm wanting to put a couple of TFs on my desk at my new job. What are some good little ones? Like a little Optimus and Megatron? Maybe War in Pocket ones?

I saw some dude posted Maketoys Utopia on his work desk. Go big or go home.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cosmos

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

G1 Megatron, transformed, just sitting on your desk. Glare at people frequently.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Argh. Bad timing. Oh well, maybe later.

She only has 20 sets so if you can swing it you should before she sells out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pick up some The Hot Soldiers guys for cheap and fun toys that won't be missed if some dickhead fucks with them or they go missing.

That said I also have my Despotron on my desk at work, so I'm not adhering to that guideline very well.

MP10V is also a good choice imho.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Pick up some The Hot Soldiers guys for cheap and fun toys that won't be missed if some dickhead fucks with them or they go missing.

That said I also have my Despotron on my desk at work, so I'm not adhering to that guideline very well.

MP10V is also a good choice imho.

Oh sweet. Those are perfect!

And I loved the hilarious suggestions.

I'd rather keep my Cosmos at home with my regular collection.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Really need that Grimlock.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Can't wait for SS to show up in LA three months from now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Can't wait for SS to show up in LA three months from now.

Did I mention where I found the Wave 2 Prime Masters in LA? At the Peterson Automotive Museum gift shop. And this was weeks before they hit here in Indiana. And you can go to the gift shop without paying the entry fee so if it's anywhere nearby you could check there?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Generation Toys Optimus/Megatron set seems pretty well reviewed and Show Z has it on sale right now: https://showzstore.com/generation-toy-gt-05-leaders-set_p0097.html

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Rhyno posted:

She only has 20 sets so if you can swing it you should before she sells out.

So how'd I buy 'em, just paypal the money with a note saying send me robits?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The Generation Toys Optimus/Megatron set seems pretty well reviewed and Show Z has it on sale right now: https://showzstore.com/generation-toy-gt-05-leaders-set_p0097.html

That's a pretty drat good deal

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

HLJ is selling off lots of their Q-Transformers line now. I got the Ultra Magnus from them a while back and it's made of pure :3:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

grab a Herqules, there's a few on Ebay for less than 70 bucks shipped. I've got one and he's a rad little guy, great for fiddling with, even if he doesn't transform(though he does combine from the vehicle modes into the chibi devastator). Also has big bright LED eyes.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xherqules.TRS0&_nkw=herqules&_sacat=0

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

HLJ is selling off lots of their Q-Transformers line now. I got the Ultra Magnus from them a while back and it's made of pure :3:

Well that was a rabbit hole I didn’t expect or want. Nemesis Prime for even cheaper than I just bought SG Prime! Although Nemesis doesn’t have the trailer..

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Did I mention where I found the Wave 2 Prime Masters in LA? At the Peterson Automotive Museum gift shop. And this was weeks before they hit here in Indiana. And you can go to the gift shop without paying the entry fee so if it's anywhere nearby you could check there?

Yeah that's just down the street from me, and actually where I got Ramhorn, but the prices on anything larger than that are ridiculous. They wanted $30 for TR Windblade.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm. Know anyone who is a member? I think they get a discount.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Well that was a rabbit hole I didn’t expect or want. Nemesis Prime for even cheaper than I just bought SG Prime! Although Nemesis doesn’t have the trailer..

And Magnus is just three quid or so... Get him too :v:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That's a steal for MP Nemesis. Greatest of all time.

One day I'll get a trailer for him from tfdirect or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's one thing I've never really gotten down with, I don't think I own a single Nemesis Prime. Rodimus Unicronus is my first one of those.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The fact that they're doing Terrorcons now makes me retroactively want to get that Takara Computron. Because if you have Abominus, you gotta have Computron too you know!

Yeah, there's that Hasbro one too, but I just don't think that one can cut it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

The fact that they're doing Terrorcons now makes me retroactively want to get that Takara Computron. Because if you have Abominus, you gotta have Computron too you know!

Yeah, there's that Hasbro one too, but I just don't think that one can cut it.

I got the Maketoys Quantron a few years back on Black Friday clearance... I don't regret it at all. Three Computron parts were the closest I got to a complete combiner as a kid.

The new Abominus looks really good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hasbro Computron is pretty legit. Quatron seems to go on clearance every month, I think TFSource had it for $185 a few weeks ago. Supposedly JinBao are upsizing that badboy next.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Rhyno posted:

Hasbro Computron is pretty legit. Quatron seems to go on clearance every month, I think TFSource had it for $185 a few weeks ago. Supposedly JinBao are upsizing that badboy next.

I could probably get the Hasbro one off a friend of mine I sometimes do toy shows with. I don't care about Computron that much so maybe I could settle for that one.

He has a bunch of Combiner Wars figures and I skipped the ones that were 84/85 characters made into combiner limbs because I already had figures of them. But I see that Wave 1 Jazz in stores and the couple combiner torsos I have that don't have limbs (Optimus, Cyclonys, Sky Lynx, Starscream) and I get tempted to get those guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hasbro Computron has the better hands & feet and the bonus Scrounge figure. The Scattershot, Afterburner and Lightspeeds on the Hasbros are just fine. The Takara Nosecones and Strafes are the best parts. I was originally going to order both and make a best of bot but the Takara price got kind of stupid for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I now own 300% of the regular scale MP10's that I did yesterday.

What's with the deep discounts all of a sudden I wonder?