Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

peak debt posted:

Ok so settled Marauder empires might have slightly bugged naval capacity limits

(not shown, three more such fleets in another system)

That guy had like 1200 naval capacity supported by three anchorages.

Or they just get them spawned in like Fallen Empires. That's also a possibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I think it's just the left over fleets from when they were the regular awakened Marauders, the AI just doesn't disband them (either because they cost no upkeep or because the AI doesn't disband stuff?).

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Is it just me or are the war exhaustion mechanics totally broken? Despite winning every engagement in several different wars and occupying several planets and a ton of systems while the enemy has taken few or none of mine, my war exhaustion hits 100% real fuckin quick every time while the enemy's always takes much longer. At first I thought maybe it's because I'm running corvette swarms as per the thread's advice and taking a few casualties, but I just checked and in my current war I've lost a grand total of 16 corvettes out of 3 fleets of 190, plus a few domesticated swarmers, not sure how many of those exactly but it's not a lot. Probably a few ground troops too. Still nothing compared to the enemy's losses or my own production capacity and absolutely not a reflection on the overall strategic situation. It's bullshit.

Also what triggers the auto peace deals? Do they happen after you've been at 100% exhaustion for a certain amount of time or is it something else? Because they're also dumb, I'm crushing everything before me and it's only a matter of time before I occupy entire empires but the game just decides nope, peace time, you only get what you've already occupied.

e: One other thing, is there somewhere I can see the remaining time on my jump drive cooldowns? The tooltip on the initiate jump button tells me the cd is 120 days, but not how much of that is actually left.

e2: According to the WE breakdown in my current war, 42% is from space battles and 32% from ground battles. loving what. I haven't lost poo poo.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 31, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Ground battles are bloody and their casualties go a long way towards war exhaustion.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Wafflecopper posted:

Is it just me or are the war exhaustion mechanics totally broken? Despite winning every engagement in several different wars and occupying several planets and a ton of systems while the enemy has taken few or none of mine, my war exhaustion hits 100% real fuckin quick every time while the enemy's always takes much longer. At first I thought maybe it's because I'm running corvette swarms as per the thread's advice and taking a few casualties, but I just checked and in my current war I've lost a grand total of 16 corvettes out of 3 fleets of 190, plus a few domesticated swarmers, not sure how many of those exactly but it's not a lot. Probably a few ground troops too. Still nothing compared to the enemy's losses or my own production capacity and absolutely not a reflection on the overall strategic situation. It's bullshit.

Also what triggers the auto peace deals? Do they happen after you've been at 100% exhaustion for a certain amount of time or is it something else? Because they're also dumb, I'm crushing everything before me and it's only a matter of time before I occupy entire empires but the game just decides nope, peace time, you only get what you've already occupied.

e: One other thing, is there somewhere I can see the remaining time on my jump drive cooldowns? The tooltip on the initiate jump button tells me the cd is 120 days, but not how much of that is actually left.

e2: According to the WE breakdown in my current war, 42% is from space battles and 32% from ground battles. loving what. I haven't lost poo poo.

Haven't played with 2.02 or the beta much (I've been binging on New Horizons most of this time), but WE is based on losses relative to your total possible fleet capacity. Actually losing ground troops instead of just having them take damage is a hit, too.

That being said 42% WE from 16 corvettes lost out of 190 seems a bit much, especially if it's 190 per fleet, not across every fleet. Where are you checking your casualties? I don't think I remember ever looking for that statistic and I'm not sure where to find it.

As for the peace deals, if I recall the patch notes aright it's 24 months after hitting 100% WE.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

GotLag posted:

Ground battles are bloody and their casualties go a long way towards war exhaustion.

I still had 10% more WE from space battles than ground despite losing only a tiny fraction of my overall forces. And the enemy lost a fuckton more in said ground battles and were at way lower WE than me.

Tomn posted:

Haven't played with 2.02 or the beta much (I've been binging on New Horizons most of this time), but WE is based on losses relative to your total possible fleet capacity. Actually losing ground troops instead of just having them take damage is a hit, too.

That being said 42% WE from 16 corvettes lost out of 190 seems a bit much, especially if it's 190 per fleet, not across every fleet. Where are you checking your casualties? I don't think I remember ever looking for that statistic and I'm not sure where to find it.

As for the peace deals, if I recall the patch notes aright it's 24 months after hitting 100% WE.

I'm still on the previous version myself. And yeah that's 190 per fleet. My total cap is even higher, 867. I was checking my casualties by looking at my current fleet sizes vs the 3x190 that I started with. I guess maybe it's because I'm fighting coalitions and their total fleet cap might be higher? It's still bullshit, if I'm steamrolling everyone my xenophobe population should be stoked and baying for more alien blood, not forcing an end to the war.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 31, 2018

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

I'm still on the previous version myself. And yeah that's 190 per fleet. My total cap is even higher, 867. I was checking my casualties by looking at my current fleet sizes vs the 3x190 that I started with.

Well, that's a puzzler. That actually sounds like an outright bug, if you're actually getting 42% WE for losing 16 corvettes out of 867 fleet cap. You haven't reinforced your fleets at all this whole time, I take it? And are you running any mods?

Actually for that matter, you're still on the previous version? Did you opt out of the update? 2.02 has already officially dropped - if it did so during your game, maybe that screwed something up?

Honestly, checking your post history, you seem to have the weirdest bugs. Maybe verify your game files?

Edit:

Wafflecopper posted:

I guess maybe it's because I'm fighting coalitions and their total fleet cap might be higher? It's still bullshit, if I'm steamrolling everyone my xenophobe population should be stoked and baying for more alien blood, not forcing an end to the war.

Oh, that would definitely explain why your enemy isn't gaining WE as quickly. It wouldn't explain why you're gaining as much WE as you are for so few losses, though. Do you have any allies or vassals or something who are suiciding their fleets into the enemy?

Also in theory WE represents both disgust with the war and the logistical/economic strains of warfare. Like, yeah, maybe your people are stoked about the victories, but if rationing is keeping meals small on the home front and you're starting to run out of space trucks to keep spare parts running to your front line fleets and your bureaucrats are weeping tears of blood trying to keep your supply chains straight with the shifting frontlines, that can force an end to the war even if everyone would love to keep fighting.

In theory, anyways. It's definitely got some game abstraction to it.

Tomn fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 31, 2018

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They only have them on a couple of their pre-generated planet, like The Core or Cradle. They tend to pick up a some generic planets in their borders, so Betelgeuse IV will be the same as if any other AI owned it. Alternatively, the buildings may have been destroyed by bombardments and military action and then rebuilt, but it seems unlikely that they'd lose all their fancy FE buildings.

I think the only thing that permanently destroys FE buildings anymore is being a rogue servitor because it forcibly replaces the building when it makes the pop a bio-trophy

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tomn posted:

Well, that's a puzzler. That actually sounds like an outright bug, if you're actually getting 42% WE for losing 16 corvettes out of 867 fleet cap. You haven't reinforced your fleets at all this whole time, I take it? And are you running any mods?

Nope and nope.

quote:

Actually for that matter, you're still on the previous version? Did you opt out of the update? 2.02 has already officially dropped - if it did so during your game, maybe that screwed something up?

Yeah I'd already invested heavily into torp/AC corvettes and didn't want to have to reconfigure the whole fleet after they got nerfed so I left the game running to avoid having to screw around with offline mode or unpatching.[/quote]

quote:

Honestly, checking your post history, you seem to have the weirdest bugs. Maybe verify your game files?

Yeah tell me about it. Maybe I should update and verify.

Tomn posted:

Oh, that would definitely explain why your enemy isn't gaining WE as quickly. It wouldn't explain why you're gaining as much WE as you are for so few losses, though. Do you have any allies or vassals or something who are suiciding their fleets into the enemy?

Nope again. Everyone hates me for genociding half the galaxy, I'm going solo. Although... the Scourge exists on the other side of the galaxy, could it be that their state of perma-war with everyone mean they all count as my allies and their losses vs the Scourge count towards my war or something?

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 31, 2018

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Nope again. Everyone hates me for genociding half the galaxy, I'm going solo. Although... the Scourge exists on the other side of the galaxy, could it be that their state of perma-war with everyone mean they all count as my allies and their losses vs the Scourge count towards my war or something?

Never discount an opportunity for Clausewitz to pull a Native Army Tradition 2.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

I doubt it - I actually haven't run an end-game crisis in 2.0 yet, but I'd be very surprised if they declared formal war on anybody. They tended to act more like Great Khans do - event-spawned fleets killing everything everywhere they go. WE shouldn't be applying to them at all.

It IS possible that WE kicks up massively for the aggressor if an end-game crisis has popped, though, as a way of saying "HEY STOP loving AROUND WITH YOUR BUSH WARS AND LOOK AT THE GALAXY-ENDING THREAT JESUS." I don't know if it actually does this or not, though, this is pure speculation.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tomn posted:

It IS possible that WE kicks up massively for the aggressor if an end-game crisis has popped, though, as a way of saying "HEY STOP loving AROUND WITH YOUR BUSH WARS AND LOOK AT THE GALAXY-ENDING THREAT JESUS." I don't know if it actually does this or not, though, this is pure speculation.

Yeah that's possible. They're not THAT threatening though really, the empires over there are keeping them in check and it's been a stalemate for decades. I'm just exploiting the situation to take territory from the coalitions while they're occupied with the Scourge :v: I'll deal with the Scourge myself when I'm ready.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh dang the precursor systems are now extremely worth having even if they aren't the Cybrex

nice

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Shugojin posted:

Oh dang the precursor systems are now extremely worth having even if they aren't the Cybrex

nice

Oh, I got Cybrex in my current game, any news on what the others give now?

EDIT: In potential bug news, I was surprised in this game when the Unbidden showed up... sixty years early. Might have been a mod conflict or something, because their starbases weren't blowing up when killed, had to use the console to get rid of them.

Shadowlyger fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 31, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The wiki and the game's UI doesnt say - does anyone here know what sets a player's cap on Titans?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The wiki and the game's UI doesnt say - does anyone here know what sets a player's cap on Titans?

Some formula based on your fleet cap, I think. I have no idea what the exact ratio is and I'm waiting to build another Titan myself.

I've heard there's an absolute max of 3 but that's BS since I've got 4 right now.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 31, 2018

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think you get one by default, and one more per 200 naval capacity.

E: There used to be a cap of 3, but they took it out somewhere in the beta patch.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Razakai posted:

So I reached about 2350 and the game has become a boring galactic hugfest. Every other empire is Pathetic in comparision, and except for some assimilators I rolled over early on, they're all super friendly to me or on the other side of the galaxy. I'm building megastructures and have titans, but nobody to use them on and nobody that'd be a challenge anyway. I guess you should be playing on a difficulty above Captain most of the time and not go for the pacifist route if you don't want it to stagnate?

I seem to have this same experience playing on Admiral with Enhanced AI. I guess part of it is having to make your own fun but yeah... it gets pretty boring.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
A nearby empire has suddenly all but vanished, and what little remains of its territory is occupied by "Night Terrors", which are incapable of engaging in diplomacy.

What?

Edit: It's pirates. They have a station nearby, but it looks like they managed to topple this entire empire during a civil war. I didn't know pirates could occupy territory. I can't declare on them, because they can't use diplomacy, and their borders are closed. Will destroying the initial pirate station clear them out?

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 31, 2018

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Tomn posted:

Okay I think you're right. I just had another FE declare on me and this time my WE didn't go crazy.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I've had as many as 5 Titans. The cap is supposed to be 20 I think, but it would take a ridiculously huge and dense empire to get close to that probably.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Razakai posted:

So I reached about 2350 and the game has become a boring galactic hugfest. Every other empire is Pathetic in comparision, and except for some assimilators I rolled over early on, they're all super friendly to me or on the other side of the galaxy. I'm building megastructures and have titans, but nobody to use them on and nobody that'd be a challenge anyway. I guess you should be playing on a difficulty above Captain most of the time and not go for the pacifist route if you don't want it to stagnate?

Garfu posted:

I seem to have this same experience playing on Admiral with Enhanced AI. I guess part of it is having to make your own fun but yeah... it gets pretty boring.

use glavius's AI mod combined with enhanced AI (yes, they work together instead of conflicting!) and play on Admiral. the AI should generally be able to keep pace with you with glavius's mod enabled and the admiral bonuses active.

the vanilla AI has many small issues that add up over time to make it much weaker and friendlier than it really should be.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Popping the pirate station didn't do anything. There is now a small empire in the middle of everything, that doesn't talk, and can't be fought. Wtf

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

Oh, I got Cybrex in my current game, any news on what the others give now?

EDIT: In potential bug news, I was surprised in this game when the Unbidden showed up... sixty years early. Might have been a mod conflict or something, because their starbases weren't blowing up when killed, had to use the console to get rid of them.

Vultaum have a planet with 10 minerals, one with 10 energy, and their homeworld has 10 of each research. Like it's not super good like a free ruined ringworld, but it's actually like... something at all beyond the chunk of resources when you first survey the homeworld.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I'd say it's actually better than a ruined ringworld. You can get the precursor system very early in the game, but a ruined ringworld won't be much use to you until far into the lategame

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You only need the Mega-Engineering tech to repair a Ringworld, so a ruined ringworld saves you two ascension perks and can be worked on before getting four ascension perks. Plus you skip the frame-building stage which costs 30k minerals and 20 years.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

The random fleets left over from the Khanate tend to cluster up and just sit there, and don't move even in wars. Something is broken with them. It's like the rocks decided to return to their roots as an asteroid belt.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/933809255746650320/EFF3B66487F824F0BB5833D762C5E515FBA9C5A1/

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Just one ascension perk now that ringworlds aren't their own tech and are just wrapped into galactic wonders. Voidborne is its own perk still but not a prerequisite for ringworlds anymore.

It's more that a ringworld is good late and a system with some handy resources is good early. And you will probably get the system early now that precursor event chains actually go at a good clip.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Yuht home system is/has nothing special, which if you compare it to the Vultaum or Cybrex, uhh, lol

feller
Jul 5, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The Yuht home system is/has nothing special, which if you compare it to the Vultaum or Cybrex, uhh, lol

Did you find it after they made the change in 2.02?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Each home system should have an abandoned mega-structure to be really worth it. The cybrex get the ring world and living metal which is amazing, the other's should have like a dyson sphere or a research nexus or spy orb or what ever.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Hey guys, I just uploaded my first stellaris mod! It's ripped from another very old mod, so don't expect it to be 100% super. But my initial testing showed that it was definitely working from what I could see.

Big-Dense Systems
It makes it so generated star systems are usually twice as large, and have a lot more planets and moons and stuff going on in each one. Each system now has a lot more value. But I recommend reducing total star count to lower levels for FPS reasons.

I felt that vanilla systems just seemed too small, barren and boring. Most just feel like "filler" systems with very little value. I know changing this sort of thing kinda shifts the economy quite a bit, like needing less starports/claims... but I haven't touched any of that and I'm not sure. Tell me what you guys think.

:eyepop: Slotting this baby into my next new game it is 100% my jam

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Does the twice as large systems make in-system travel a lot slower? Double sized systems would double travel times no?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'm in the middle of my first actual full game. This is vanilla 2.0.2 with default settings. I'm not sure how badly I've screwed anything up. My civ is doing REALLY well compared to other people, but, some horde just spawned mid-game with megafleets.

I zipped my savegame and put it on googledrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R5x6KdO4dMNvv_sFdUYHY9yvEIMBAeZz

If anyone could have a look and comment, I'd be really curious as to people's thoughts on my civ. Also,. is there a better way to share games and get feedback?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

pmchem posted:

I'm in the middle of my first actual full game. This is vanilla 2.0.2 with default settings. I'm not sure how badly I've screwed anything up. My civ is doing REALLY well compared to other people, but, some horde just spawned mid-game with megafleets.

I zipped my savegame and put it on googledrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R5x6KdO4dMNvv_sFdUYHY9yvEIMBAeZz

If anyone could have a look and comment, I'd be really curious as to people's thoughts on my civ. Also,. is there a better way to share games and get feedback?

Most people just do screen shots since that will show the map and your income levels and the date.
The great khan hoards event are fun, if they aren't right next to you you can sit back and watch and wait. The whole thing will eventually implode so long as you can hold your own borders.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

Most people just do screen shots since that will show the map and your income levels and the date.
The great khan hoards event are fun, if they aren't right next to you you can sit back and watch and wait. The whole thing will eventually implode so long as you can hold your own borders.

Here's my screenshot, but man, it seems insufficient for evaluating an empire.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I finally mustered up the :effort: to put my version of Machines Coexist on the workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1348384490

It adds a civic that makes a machine empire spawn with 4 organic pops with full citizenship, and allows you to make new aliens citizens or residents or undesirables as you see fit. It also gives access to habitability and genetic engineering techs and ascension perks because why not.

Enjoy, or don't, as the fancy takes you.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hey mod people, would there be any way of making it so robots/droids/synths don't auto-upgrade? So you could have full-citizenship synths alongside droid workers?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I tried to make a template of my killbot race and it's locked to slave citizenship

A thing I cannot even have, as killbots??

e: it fixed itself after I tried to build one, weird bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Argh. There is a very annoying thing with armageddon bombardment - even when you have enough to cause -100% population growth, planets still sprout ghostly growing pops, and it almost seems like it prefers to bomb those down instead of real, fully-grown pops. Actually getting it to a tomb world takes forever because I'm constantly killing off a no-progress growing pop that spawns again and again instead of the one full-grown pop left on the planet.