Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Just thought about Mitch not likin Simpson’s memes because the simpsons is already a comedy and laughed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I like Five Guys because it’s a safe haven from all the filthy peanut allergy having degenerates

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I finally started on the Munch Madness episodes. The Mitch rant in response to Nick's "I goofed up and went to the wrong Little Caesar's! Turns out there's two on Vermont just minutes apart!" was something to behold and lived up to the hype.

Also are there any Aussie listeners in this thread that can explain the whole Tony Pepperoni thing? Claudia kinda glossed over why she refers to seemingly every pepperoni pizza that way.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Doughboys are the guests on this week's episodes of Star Wars Minute (the boys parodied them on an ep of With Special Guest).

The best thing about this is SWM, despite having a nerdy premise, is an alternate universe of Mitch and Nick: two guys who have a crazy amount of Star Wars knowledge yet they never show any nerd rage and can have a laugh about devoting so much time to some silly space movies for kids.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

did Wiger and Bug Mane have some sort of falling out or something

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You thought Wiger ever liked Bug Mane?

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Today's Double has a several minute segment where they do Family Guy impressions

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

I haven't listened yet, but it sounds like a worthy follow-up to the "Mickey and Friends (and Homer?)"-fest from the Michael Cassady ep.

Also in the Cassady ep is this Mitch gem:
<First few categories go 8-5>
I'm gonna be WAY harsh here. 8 to ... 4.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I couldn't make it through the Double. The phone calls and their reaction to the calls were just too much for me to handle.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JethroMcB posted:

I finally started on the Munch Madness episodes. The Mitch rant in response to Nick's "I goofed up and went to the wrong Little Caesar's! Turns out there's two on Vermont just minutes apart!" was something to behold and lived up to the hype.

Also are there any Aussie listeners in this thread that can explain the whole Tony Pepperoni thing? Claudia kinda glossed over why she refers to seemingly every pepperoni pizza that way.

i think that's just a claudia o'doherty thing. she invented a character named "tony macaroni" on a cbb episode

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

R. Guyovich posted:

i think that's just a claudia o'doherty thing. she invented a character named "tony macaroni" on a cbb episode

It's a Dominos Australia trademark from 2003, but I can't find a current mention of it on their website. I assume it is just some weird ad campaign that stuck with her, but I want details!

(Domino's Australia does, however, currently have some pretty wild pies.)

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

JethroMcB posted:

What's weird about garlic prawn, Yank :colbert:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

It's a Dominos Australia trademark from 2003, but I can't find a current mention of it on their website. I assume it is just some weird ad campaign that stuck with her, but I want details!

You didn't even mention the Tandoori chicken with mint sause.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

in n out wins

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
is costco pizza actually good? wiger seems obsessed with this poo poo

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Costco pizza is pretty drat good. Definitely better than Dominos. Plus their chicken bakes are amazing; I don’t know why they were so lukewarm on them. And their hot dog/soda for like $1.50 can’t be beat.

Costco was robbed

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pretty perplexed that Domino's won, although I guess the baseline for chain pizza is a lot lower than burgers or chicken

Between getting recordings from his mom and Dave Ferguson and walking a block to get Domino's, this episode felt like the most effort Mitch has put into the podcast in a while

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Costco pizza is pretty drat good. Definitely better than Dominos. Plus their chicken bakes are amazing; I don’t know why they were so lukewarm on them. And their hot dog/soda for like $1.50 can’t be beat.

Costco was robbed

cicis was robbed by being excluded in the first place

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Pretty perplexed that Domino's won, although I guess the baseline for chain pizza is a lot lower than burgers or chicken

Between getting recordings from his mom and Dave Ferguson and walking a block to get Domino's, this episode felt like the most effort Mitch has put into the podcast in a while
I feel like there's a bias because domino's is a lot more ubiquitous. The other two chains probably lost a lot of votes from people who haven't had them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/jackallisonlol/status/865371380761546752

I knew Mitch has that one painting, but I had no idea his home is essentially covered with art of himself and friends.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That really is unflattering.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

cicis was robbed by being excluded in the first place

Gross. Cici's is goddamn horrible. To paraphrase Jon Gemberling, there comes a point where how cheap a food item is works against it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Cici's is where you go if you're herding a bunch of kids because kids like pizza and they don't know or care about food quality.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

when did they move over to headgum? Makes sense to be same network as Gabrus and Dumbells.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure the start of this ep is the first announcement of them joining Headgum. Not sure if it leaked out before hand. I haven't been paying close attention to rumors.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, just yesterday they posted this to their social media accounts - first I'd heard of it:

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/981597566235115520

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

My guess is they went with Headgum because they let them keep their Patreon. It seemed like Jesse Thorn was campaigning to get them on Maximum Fun but their financial model likely was incompatible

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It would have been nice if they Tweeted that they were posting this next episode on Head Gum, I was still checking libsyn this morning.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mitch's "i don't like water" position is interesting

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

Mitch just going along with the guest on this one. I don't even understand what this means, when you're thirsty you crave water. Like I refuse to believe that a human being would not want water if they just walked inside on a 100 degree day.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Popete posted:

Mitch just going along with the guest on this one. I don't even understand what this means, when you're thirsty you crave water. Like I refuse to believe that a human being would not want water if they just walked inside on a 100 degree day.

I had a grandmother who insisted that sipping water made her gag, which I never understood. It was extra confusing since she grew up in the Great Depression, and wasn't wealthy or anything. I think all I ever saw her drink was sweet tea and coffee.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Popete posted:

there's a lot of people who claim to hate the taste of water

the majority of them look like mitch

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Water's great. I'm drinking it right now. 4 forks

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

I’ve met a surprisingly decent amount of people who hold this view. It boggles my mind. And it’s not just people who drank a 2 liter of soda everyday from 11 to 27.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Not only does Mitch not drink water, he buys 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew, pours out the Mountain Dew, fills them with milk, then drinks that.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I rarely drink soda, and when I do water tastes gross for a while afterwards. It's one of the reasons I rarely drink soda.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

Not only does Mitch not drink water, he buys 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew, pours out the Mountain Dew, fills them with milk, then drinks that.

Birthday Boys is like my favorite show in the last decade, and that was perhaps the greatest bit

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

ManoliIsFat posted:

Birthday Boys is like my favorite show in the last decade, and that was perhaps the greatest bit

Half right, the greatest bit is the guys who know the formula for Coke.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Cloks posted:

Half right, the greatest bit is the guys who know the formula for Coke.

You mean the Tab brothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I love how sincere Mitch sounded during that water discussion. He is absolutely right though. You are a complete baby if you complain about how water tastes. It's loving water. Please ease up on the sodas Mitch.