Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Azubah posted:

When during progress should I hit the Plains? I'm going through Mars now and just hit rank 4.
You can do the lower level bounties, fishing, mining and the Saya's Vigil quest fairly early on. In my opinion it's a good idea to start building up plains rep & resources sooner, rather than feeling like you have to grind it out later.

However there is a quest called 'The War Within' on Neptune, and you'll need to have done that to do the night time stuff. The game will let you try to do it, but War Within gives you an ability you need to be able to damage the extra things that pop up at night.

Basically just do the low level bounties, mining & fishing during the game's day cycle, and avoid going out at night until you've done War Within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Second dream neptune, then war within unlocks when you pop the junction to sedna

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Finally made it to Neptune and started the Second Dream.
The hell is this plot :psyduck:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

MelvinBison posted:

Finally made it to Neptune and started the Second Dream.
The hell is this plot :psyduck:

Read this once you finished TSD: Get in the loving frame, Shinji

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt0CAi7fyiw

I made a video about a thing.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wonder what they use that isolated untextured room at the very bottom for?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Finally got to advance in the story, just finished Natah. Off to a good start it feels, going to see if I can start the Second Dream tomorrow (need to do dumb Uranus melee missions first).

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Finally got to advance in the story, just finished Natah. Off to a good start it feels, going to see if I can start the Second Dream tomorrow (need to do dumb Uranus melee missions first).

For melee missions, kill Tyl Regor. There will always be pubs to carry you, you need to kill him a bunch anyways just to get Equinox, and you can run past everything else in the level so it goes really fast.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Dreadwroth posted:

Maybe a dev style space where they can test how things interact with each other without accidentally changing anything in the Liset space, because that would affect everyone when they release a new update.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

FYI it's closer to the fishtank room if you jump on the relic terminal.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TheMostFrench posted:

Maybe a dev style space where they can test how things interact with each other without accidentally changing anything in the Liset space, because that would affect everyone when they release a new update.

Oh yeah that does make sense, they're going to get a chuckle when they find Lemon King's decor down there. You need to make a creepy Lotus shrine down there, for maximum effect.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Dreadwroth posted:

Oh yeah that does make sense, they're going to get a chuckle when they find Lemon King's decor down there. You need to make a creepy Lotus shrine down there, for maximum effect.

Unfortunately it doesn't work backwards, they aren't going to start seeing copies of everyone's stuff when they work on their own version. The locations we put decorative items in is maintained outside of the level data which is why the decorations persist between updates. I can't imagine how crazy some people would get if every change to the Liset destroyed their all of their decoration placements.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

If I remember right some games use hidden rooms like that to spawn cutscene NPCs in while they're visible during picture in picture.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

If I remember right some games use hidden rooms like that to spawn cutscene NPCs in while they're visible during picture in picture.

Haha if that's the case I wonder if putting decorations in there would mess with the PiP - instead of Lotus or Ordis you get your ayatan robot popping up.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's also useful for preloading NPCs so that when the lotus pops up in Second Dream or the ship gets invaded you don't get that half second lockup while it loads and skins a new model.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Dreadwroth posted:

It's the arsewing box.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ohhh poo poo thats right, that and the Conclave loadout screen probably.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nezha is best duracell / easter bunny.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm pulling a Tallgeese and am starting to ramp up focus farming. I don't fully understand convergence orb behavior. According to the wiki, you don't need them to farm focus, they just multiply it by 8 for the duration? Until now I've been idling in mission for a few minutes between orb spawns, then killing to try and get them to pop. Should I just be playing like normal, gaining small lumps of focus between orb spawns? Do we know the spawn timer between orb pops? The % chance any given kill will make it pop?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm pulling a Tallgeese and am starting to ramp up focus farming. I don't fully understand convergence orb behavior. According to the wiki, you don't need them to farm focus, they just multiply it by 8 for the duration? Until now I've been idling in mission for a few minutes between orb spawns, then killing to try and get them to pop. Should I just be playing like normal, gaining small lumps of focus between orb spawns? Do we know the spawn timer between orb pops? The % chance any given kill will make it pop?

Slap lenses on the items/frames you will use the most, kill stuff like normal, grab the globs and try to kill even faster.

On stuff like Hydron I try to time the glob with the waves but it's hard. I play a lot of Saryn so getting the spore timing is a lottle weird but satisfying.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Farm for lenses while you farm your focus. This means sorties, bounties. Optionally, you can trade for the Eidolon lens blueprints from other folks that have them. The Eidolon lenses get you an additional 30% more focus over the greater lenses, and that means you cap your daily focus in less time.

Also, get geared up to do some dolon farming because that's how you can get more than the daily cap with Brilliant Eidolon Shards. There's folks that are bleeding out Eidolon Shards from doing so many of them and can now easily fill out their operator skill trees and unlock waybound nodes. As a bonus for Eidolon farming, there's arcane items as well and those are definitely worth farming for at present.

I think between sorties, bounties, fishing, and Eidolon farming, there's not much else you need to do to be an effective end-game focus farmer. Until that point though, you'll have to probably get an Equinox or Banshee and stealth farm Adaro with Naramon active while you have a cat out. It'll take a number of runs before you get effective at it (took me like 20 runs to become competent and getting more than 60k focus / run with a affinity booster).

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm a dumb baby and I am having a stupidly hard time finding 3 caches in a Sabotage mission so I can finally get the Neptune Junction. Collect-a-thon anything is my least favorite part of games, so no wonder I'm having a terrible time. I just like going fast and shooting things!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ritznit posted:

I'm a dumb baby and I am having a stupidly hard time finding 3 caches in a Sabotage mission so I can finally get the Neptune Junction. Collect-a-thon anything is my least favorite part of games, so no wonder I'm having a terrible time. I just like going fast and shooting things!

I lucked into two diligent puniest who turned over every rock on that map yesterday.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
From my experience, it seems to be affinity gained with the item with the lens on it that triggers orb spawns.

For example, I have a lens on my Staticor, and I could go the whole mission without seeing an orb unless I specifically took out the Staticor and used it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm definitely doing Adaro with Equinox and a Scoliac, getting 60-90k per run w booster on average. How would my cat boost this? And would I want to lens the cat as well to prevent affinity splitting to the little rear end in a top hat?

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

Ritznit posted:

For what it's worth, you need to find a TOTAL of three caches. So you still have to treasure hunt, but you can spread it out by doing the mission multiple times. Since I can reliably find at least one cache in missions with them, doing it multiple times was vastly less frustrating.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm definitely doing Adaro with Equinox and a Scoliac, getting 60-90k per run w booster on average. How would my cat boost this? And would I want to lens the cat as well to prevent affinity splitting to the little rear end in a top hat?
Your cat shouldn't be getting any kills unless you keep someone alive basically, and if you mess up a bit you can have your cat finish off an enemy and prevent you from resetting your affinity multiplier. I like to think that after the sheer number of times my buddy has died he can use a break from actual combat anyway. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Charm is what you need to have on the kavat. All of the other buffs minus shields and reload are generally welcome for an Adaro run as well. Other companions don't offer buffs besides pick-up range as an advantage over a kavat. Their DPS probably is higher for groups, but you generally don't want a kill-stealer on an Adaro run anyway, so a Wyrm is among the better options over a dog as well.

I managed to get a 180k run Adaro before in about a 9 minute run because of the Charm buff. I think I get above 100k every 4-5 runs depending upon how much I've been drinking / paying attention.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I guess I just never expected charm to give a bonus to focus/affinity. I've always associated it with poo poo like kuva and other loot.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The game has provided me with Riven! Thrilling!

A riven with just +%slash damage and +%melee damage! Exciting!

WTF is a plague keewar and can I get one? Weep.

Note : Theoretically, Hok's daily deals could get me on. Pft.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

How to farm focus, by Spudd

Put a lens (preferably greater) on Titania only. Do high level Plains/defense missions

Murder dudes while in bug form when you pick up an orb and end up getting at least 10k focus per orb while you farm up rep or relics

Go through your daily cap in an hour

Seriously though I don't get why more people don't play Titania she is completely broken

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tylana posted:

The game has provided me with Riven! Thrilling!

A riven with just +%slash damage and +%melee damage! Exciting!

WTF is a plague keewar and can I get one? Weep.

Note : Theoretically, Hok's daily deals could get me on. Pft.

You should be able to sell that for over 500 plat if you get the right buyer, since you probably weren't around for plague star. Good luck!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Spudd posted:

Put a lens (preferably greater) on Titania only. Do high level Plains/defense missions

Murder dudes while in bug form when you pick up an orb and end up getting at least 10k focus per orb while you farm up rep or relics

Seriously though I don't get why more people don't play Titania she is completely broken

I think these days people just do triple caps for millions of focus.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah. Probably willing to give it to a goon for a fairer price (or suitably cool prime parts). Won't go off though so not rushing. On PC, and have PMs on SA if anyone wants to contact.

Was just a moment of "Oh, I guess I'll have to buy someone's Plague Grip " and then "Welp."

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

turn off the TV posted:

That's a lotta focus, the way I do it is just a lazy "I'll get what I want eventually"

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

I must be getting old. By the time I'm done with a group doing a hydrolyst I'm worn out. Doing three in one night makes me want to turn the game off afterwards. I can't really imagine doing them on a regular basis.
Tera and Gaunt are okay, but the absolute constant barrage of lightning and other poo poo from hydro is patience and fun draining.

Spudd posted:

Post your set-up please.

Broose fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 2, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oxium farming tips please :smithicide:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

oxium farming tips please :smithicide:

resign yourself to suffering.

Someone will say something about doing a capture mission and not leaving after taking the target or something but it's all rubbish. Nothing makes it better except for double drop events that you turn into quad-drop events with a set of boosters.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

turn off the TV posted:

Explain this, please.
Focus farming suuuuuuucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Spudd posted:

I'd rather clear my cap in 20 mins. Equinox x Adaro for life.