Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
In this again. I don't remember Google play Games thing so I don't have any of my old poo poo RIP full maxed Kingpin

Anyways who cares I got a free 6* so I picked Sharon and wowie yeah this is gonna be some wicked easy story mode grinding.

In this as VerbalSA would love an invite

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Finally got to SL Floor 27 and oh boy does the difficulty pick up a bit. I tried to save Quicksilver as long as I could, but hopefully I'll be able to save him next time to give it a try. It'll be a bit before I have any other t2 characters besides him and maybe Wolverine that could even have a shot at that unfortunately.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Really? Because I've just been trying him on lower level Universal and/or Villain stages and I can't manage to make it work at all. Its weird that he'd get effective later on but I guess it sort of makes sense if he isn't vulnerable to any particular Wave/Rumble aspects and gets the double Universal/Villain bonus.

For some reason I can just never get the timing of his iframes and shield down.

Yeah pretty much just good against Destroyer Boss though, its just the two mobs and his clones can tank their damage. I go 5/4/1/2/3 then run around till 5 is off cooldown. Can usually sneak another i-frame ability in but safer to just run.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

A surfing dog?! posted:

Finally got to SL Floor 27 and oh boy does the difficulty pick up a bit. I tried to save Quicksilver as long as I could, but hopefully I'll be able to save him next time to give it a try. It'll be a bit before I have any other t2 characters besides him and maybe Wolverine that could even have a shot at that unfortunately.

That level is the worst and was my biggest hump to get through without using Jean. I now beat it regularly with Dr. Strange lead, Hobo Spidey, and any somewhat decent physical damage third I have leftover. Spidey webs them up and keeps them corralled and as Dr. Strange I just slam 5 then 2 3 repeat as fast as I can hit the buttons and I'm able to burn through the energy reflect and immunity with 5 to 10 seconds to spare. I couldn't beat it with Quicksilver, Wolverine, or Sharon or even a combination of them, but maybe I'm playing them wrong or have them built wrong. QS and Wolvie are both built slow and steady survival for me, perfect for effortlessly hitting 100k in ABX (which is all I care about) but they can't down Dormammu and pals before the timer runs out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been able to do Floor 27 with a Beast-Quicksilver-Wolverine combo a few times now. It's a matter of catching them all in the 5 cyclone and hitting your 4 skill to do some damage while they're trapped. Beast apps it up and Wolverine does a lot of damage while being hard to kill off. It worked like 3 weeks in a row before last week when I just messed up and used them on 25 by mistake.

Fried Sushi posted:

Yeah pretty much just good against Destroyer Boss though, its just the two mobs and his clones can tank their damage. I go 5/4/1/2/3 then run around till 5 is off cooldown. Can usually sneak another i-frame ability in but safer to just run.

Yeah this worked on Floor 12, so thanks. I basically just pulled a Loki and his iframes and clones and ran away a lot. Took a couple of tries but if I work Ultron's ISOs/urus up a bit it should be more stable.

I couldn't do the Elsa-Blade-Angela thing at 15 but I probably can if I work up Elsa a bit. Just low on resources so a goal for next week. Just used Luna like I usually do.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 28, 2018

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Floor 27 for me is always Anti-Man lead, Quicksilver, and then someone that could give a team bonus. Been awhile since I've had a problem on it but if one of the enemies gets outside of QS's range sometimes it's too late to make up the damage they escaped from.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Quicksilver takes a couple of tries sometimes. Luckily the Dormammu team is the hardest to do that with so its rare that I clear that team and can't take down the Strange team. That's the most frustrating thing. When you can beat the first one and then you can't get past the second so its all wasted effort.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh I definitely have to use Wolverine and Beast by themselves in some floors to even reach floor 27, so it might be a while before I can actually tackle it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Floor 27 for me is usually 2 of Strange/Sharon/Quicksilver, even with the energy immune they still do a shitton of damage. Strange or Sharon can solo the stage but adding in QS makes it much more reliable.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I wonder if they'll end up just giving Wasp a new uni when the next Ant-Man movie comes out or if they'll make her a new character instead.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gorgon works for 27 if beast is used already. QS still does all the work, plus one other physical damage ideally with a touch of survivability so they don't drop dead in the first pass. I was doing gorgon - qs - moon knight for a while.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A surfing dog?! posted:

I wonder if they'll end up just giving Wasp a new uni when the next Ant-Man movie comes out or if they'll make her a new character instead.

It's actually a different person so it would make sense for a new character. It make two redudant Wasps but there's like 4 Spider-Men, 4 Captain Americas, and 2 Hulks so it wouldn't be that weird.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I just use Beast as leader with Quicksilver and Spidey on level 27. Each stage only takes me 10-15 seconds to clear. Spidey and Quicksilver group them all up into one spot and go to town

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So what is the alliance I should be looking to gtet into

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marble Hebrons. Join up

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Marble Hebrons. Join up

I will thanks

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I just applied to Marble as The Question IRL

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Approved you and verbal. Keep them coming.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I know it doesn't mean anything, if much, but my ultimate #1 wanted character in all of MCU is Silver Surfer; hope springs eternal

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

FF are my all time childhood favorites so I remain very optimistic that now that the movie rights thing isn't as big a hurdle I can look forward to some day yelling "Its Clobberin Time!" while playing this game.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

There has got to be at least one giant Doom fan here too

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

thechalkoutline posted:

There has got to be at least one giant Doom fan here too

:gaz:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
If Doom gets paywalled I'll riot

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still say it's a perfect Special Mission setup with the FF and then one of Doom/Surfer and the other paywalled.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dooms seems to me like he'd be a World Boss.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

They'll make Fantastic Four epic quests and Silver Surfer would need a Magneto-like crystal pack. Doom would be like getting Jean all over again.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I still say it's a perfect Special Mission setup with the FF and then one of Doom/Surfer and the other paywalled.

A stage for each member of the FF and the last stage to unlock Herbie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yes please.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

doom will 100% be paywalled but thats ok

if hes boxwalled, riot

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if doom could only be unlocked by shoving a pineapple up your rear end, recording it, putting it on facebook and sharing it with your family everyone would still get him

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

so many characters are pineapplewalled these days

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
What’s the toughest/most annoying team to fight against in AC/risk?////

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the one where your jean grey just runs into melee range and dies and doesnt even try to do a skill

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

T2 Luke lead with T2 Destroyer and T2 Groot/Wasp would be annoying.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just cleared the Sinister Six quest pack and got a Mega Mythic uniform upgrade.

I don’t have a lot of uniforms. I have Superior Spider-Man on the border of Heroic just waiting for me to collect Ock bios. I have Ultron at Heroic already and I have the Age of Ultron Avengers uniforms.

My instinct is to just Superior it because I want that character to be tougher and maybe hold his own in T2 fights. Same with Ultron.

Part of me wants to get the Moon Knight uniform just because I like the look and then power it up.

Hmmm.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

IIRC, mega tickets skip to the last stage so you can take any level costume to mythic instantly using only the ticket. All mega tickets are exceedingly rare. Another point is that upgrading a uniform, even to mythic, doesn't make a huge difference in strength or durability. If a character is bad or merely okay, then using the ticket or the resources will not meaningfully improve them.

Upgrade costumes if you get a great reward like the movie missions or if you love a character and are fine with making minute improvements to them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That said, don’t upgrade ultron, save it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m going to probably create a new thread for this when the big time Infinity War patch hits in April. It’s been almost a year since this thread started and it’s time.

It’s time to keep dominating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also, Marvel Strike Force officially launched. I like everything Marvel. Don’t care if it’s good or bad.

I’m enjoying Strike Force. Not anywhere near like I enjoy this but it deserves some attention to see if you like it as well. Here’s the SA thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853028&perpage=40

You’ll see a lot of familiar faces there. Enjoy!