Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

also also, lol @ crypto

LOL might as well invent another currency that uses up arrow notation and Aelph numbers.

tax :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic for the Watchmen series HBO has in the works

I think you mean the new Watership Down.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Master Twig posted:

Throwing out a nazi salute at the RNC? Just fine.
Speaking at white nationalist rallies? Sure, that's okay.
Telling constant lies to further white supremacist causes? That's totally acceptable.

Making fun of a student for failing to be accepted at a school? THIS IS CLEARLY GOING TOO FAR! TIME TO PULL OUR ADS!

It's the one that elicited the most violent backlash. Advertisers only give a poo poo about money.

They didn't do this because they disagreed with Ingraham or Fox; they did it because they knew that continuing to advertise on her show would lose them more money than they would gain. I don't care; I'm just happy to see Ingraham hurt in some way.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

KickerOfMice posted:

I think you mean the new Watership Down.

Somehow, I've never read that or seen the cartoon

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

I hate that they destroyed any possibility of exploring the story lines of Starlords actual father by making a movie about a silver surfer villain and making THAT his father.

They wholesale retconned Ben Parkers murder in spider man 3 to invent a reason for the audience to hate Sandman, they could introduce Quinn's real dad anytime

"He was in the car too but we split up"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Reelect Jimmy Carter.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
edit for reference post:

Inspector Hound posted:

They wholesale retconned Ben Parkers murder in spider man 3 to invent a reason for the audience to hate Sandman, they could introduce Quinn's real dad anytime

"He was in the car too but we split up"

They also never explain what that science machine even does.

"We're going to spin sand around and blast it with energy!"

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 31, 2018

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Somehow, I've never read that or seen the cartoon

Read the book if you can, the older cartoon is spot on, but a bit odd. It doesn't really capture it.

e- In homage, Tad Williams did a really relevant Lord of the Rings type story about cats. Tailchaser's song. Don't let the name fool you, it's hardcore. (Shut up, Watership Down is about rabbits).

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 31, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Koalas March posted:

A lot of people with bad movie opinions itt

id probaly like black panther, i just havent seen it yet. was injured when it came out. will probably netflix or buy it when it comes out.

Chilichimp posted:

I hate that they destroyed any possibility of exploring the story lines of Starlords actual father by making a movie about a silver surfer villain and making THAT his father.

i mean i get it. but they had said for a long time that they wernt making J’son his dad. that being said, i liked their interpretation of Ego.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Reelect Jimmy Carter.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jimmy Carter has done more good since he turned 90 than Donald Trump has in his entire life.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If we reelect Jimmy Carter then it will be Hindenburg all over again with him signing off on some neo nazi chancellor who decides to invade Baja California.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Re: tailchaser's song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEWFjWfqiU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'd love to see the usual right wing idiots try to dig up poo poo on Habitat for Humanity.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I sort of wish Jimmy Carter had started a children's TV program on PBS about the courage it takes to love.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Chilichimp posted:

A good many republicans are actually ~not~ racist people, they just support a racist party and are therefore ~racist~ politically.

:thunk:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Koalas March posted:

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is the pinnacle of cinematic acheivement.

Yeah I said it.

Seriously if you don't at least think that movie is funny I do t want to know you.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Your Taint posted:

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is the pinnacle of cinematic acheivement.

Yeah I said it.

Seriously if you don't at least think that movie is funny I do t want to know you.

This but with Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story instead.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"Now, kids, the trolley to Carterland isn't operating today because we're conserving energy. Please don't let that be the only thing you remember me, though."

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Wait, you want the throne of bad movie opinions?

Uuuh, ok, let us know what sorta movie you think is really bad that everyone agrees is really good?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Koalas March posted:

because Homecoming is clearly the best. Fair point KM.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
If it matters to anyone, the stuff I recommended is =

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man is one of the best bad movies

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tatsuta Age posted:

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/979927313000394752?s=21

So Roseanne is into some 4chan conspiracy poo poo eh

Man she's gonna find some way to translate her show revivals record ratings and attention into a steaming polarizing heap at this rate. Like the number one thing conservatives and Trump supporters could do these days is just shut the gently caress up for a day or two let alone a week and maybe people start to forget about all the bullshit and focus on a robust economy instead or something.

It's the constant bleating of talking points and grievances and attacking people that makes the whole Trump presidency thoroughly exhausting to the public. A bunch of poo poo birds suddenly finding themselves caring so much about a black and white version of "politics" and this whole culture war the U.S has going on has all but effectively rendered me unable to take more than a limited dose of it anymore a week. I used to love following all the twists and turns of Washington. Not so much when it's a constant gong show of bad faith and every celebrity or personality having to get their terrible opinions in. Like at best maybe every 2-3 days otherwise it's literally just too much bullshit and crazy to take in anymore.

The fact that still just nothing is happening to address any of it or get America back on track and to some level of sense and reason is in and of itself exhausting. It's like American "political discourse" has just literally become the internet of the last decade or so that I've come to know in so many ways.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 31, 2018

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I think The Illusionist was better than The Prestige, fight me

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Agreed. Team Polish Gals for the win. Edward Norton was underrated in it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow Jane posted:

Put up your dukes!!

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

KickerOfMice posted:

What's this from?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

This, except Momento is the best Nolan movie.

Crow Jane posted:

This but with Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story instead.

YES! I love that movie.

evilmiera posted:

Wait, you want the throne of bad movie opinions?
Ok willfully dense person. It's obviously implying that Black Panther is the best Marvel movie. And probably the most important culturally.

quote:

Uuuh, ok, let us know what sorta movie you think is really bad that everyone agrees is really good?

Crash and La La Land.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Katt posted:

What's this from?

WE3

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

KickerOfMice posted:

I can definitely recommend We3 as well.

Just not if you have pets :ohdear:

good dog...help man

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

It's the distinction between a KKK member versus someone who doesn't consciously care about race, but is very strongly in favour of gently caress You Got Mine and feels minorities are acceptable collateral damage. They're both racist, and they're both monsters, but they're different types of racist monster and we don't really have the vocabulary to distinguish between them.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DynamicSloth posted:

Superhero movies can either be dumb fun based on cheap pulp or pscyhotic Randian fantasies if taken seriously, thank god the former is a lot more popular.

Snyders Superman movies is portrayed as a hero of the working class and inherently critical of the rich and powerful, which is quite different from the meme that he's some sort of Randian objectivist hero that seems to have sprung up among the idiots on the internet.

If you want movies that celebrate the libertarian superhero then look no further than Iron man.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Classtoise posted:

I can definitely recommend We3 as well.

Just not if you have pets :ohdear:

good dog...help man

Looks amazing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
La la Land is the whitest movie that ever did white.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Crash and La La Land.

The academy not withstanding, no one likes crash.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

pumpinglemma posted:

It's the distinction between a KKK member versus someone who doesn't consciously care about race, but is very strongly in favour of gently caress You Got Mine and feels minorities are acceptable collateral damage. They're both racist, and they're both monsters, but they're different types of racist monster and we don't really have the vocabulary to distinguish between them.

But he literally said they're not racist

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mooseontheloose posted:

no one likes crash.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

McCloud posted:

If you want movies that celebrate the libertarian superhero then look no further than Iron man.

Batman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
Seriously, screw super hero poo poo. Watch The Death of Stalin instead

• Locked thread