Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A story

I think bear was driving

https://i.imgur.com/YNxlLGh.gifv

wtf

https://i.imgur.com/OG10Fw4.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/p2n3lM9.gifv

sorry gotta go

https://i.imgur.com/CNM6rU9.gifv

aw gently caress it's haunted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

What are you talking about? I've met loads of black people in the game?

Weird.

I've got Chris Cook, my Dutch Island starter soldier, Pastor Jerome, and Grace. Outside of that all my Resistance Patrols out and about tend to be white women/white dudes. Whenever I get Resistance Support its almost always white.

I do occasionally see an Asian guy with a silly themed shirt on, but he and his twins tend to be civvies only.

Meanwhile every Eden Gate outpost seems to be 50/50.

e: Like I'm driving through my outposts/Eden's Fall right now and I've seen exactly one black dude. No black ladies at all. Which yeah, I've seen black Resistance dudes here and there, but the Eden's Gate guys tend to be at least 40% black. It's not at the same levels.

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 31, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sorta. stuff can gently caress you up if gang up on you, but no, not really.

I’ve avoided leveling my health up at all, and it keeps things fairly tense because I can’t tank damage like nuts.

I really like the perk system in this. 3 and 4 made it so you felt like you were loving up if you didnt get a headshot or takedown because of the XP differential, and it also rewarded stealth outpost captures so much it made things heavily favor silenced sniper rifles. In this, I’ll mix it up some to get challenges checked off, but I never feel like I’m playing wrong.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
sorry one more

https://i.imgur.com/I0PKxVi.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/pg2jdmI.gifv

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Beat the game. Ending is a bit disappointing, but endings have never been Far Cry’s selling point.

Enjoyed the poo poo out of Seed’s acting and the crazy shooty/explody fun. Already immediately started a new game.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
It's me, im the rear end in a top hat playing FC4 on PC instead of PS4 but with a DS4 instead of KBM, also it's not recognizing D-pad inputs for some reason, are there any other assholes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Combat Pretzel posted:

Those loving turkeys eat 7 shots from my upgraded AR-C rifle. Like what the gently caress.

Unlike chickens, wild turkeys are total badasses who would gently caress your day up if they felt like it. Dont underestimate their powerful bulk.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
omg the widowmaker is amazing :killing:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
I'm 10-ish hours into the game and Burn, Baby Burn is the first mission that let me kill a satisfying amount of enemies (and also do all the takedown challenges because lol, the enemy density is normally so loving low that there's never a chance to do that).
Can I just get an option to replay that mission? Plz?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
"They did something with drugs" is this year's "nano bots".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Also why doesn't the game let me takedown and/or shoot while I'm sliding? It's such a massive missed opportunity.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This guy is an inspiration (he's also done the other Far Cries)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5ODFmve14

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just got it. I don't give a poo poo about the story but the setting, graphics, music, and theme are all amazing and it's fun as poo poo.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

I 100%'d FC3 which is probably what caused me to burn out on 4 after less than 2 hours, but this has been my favorite single-player game since Fallout 4 so far.

Are the forced story missions worse in other areas than Faith's? It took me ~10 hours to kill her while doing a few side quests and I only got pulled out of free roam 3 times. The way people were talking about it, I was expecting it to happen much more often.

Also, are there specific hunting grounds for grizzly bears? I've had a mission to collect three of their skins for a good while now and I still only have one. I've seen plenty of black bears just running down the road, but no grizzlies.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Danyull posted:

I 100%'d FC3 which is probably what caused me to burn out on 4 after less than 2 hours, but this has been my favorite single-player game since Fallout 4 so far.

Are the forced story missions worse in other areas than Faith's? It took me ~10 hours to kill her while doing a few side quests and I only got pulled out of free roam 3 times. The way people were talking about it, I was expecting it to happen much more often.

Also, are there specific hunting grounds for grizzly bears? I've had a mission to collect three of their skins for a good while now and I still only have one. I've seen plenty of black bears just running down the road, but no grizzlies.

no faiths are the worst. johns are probably the best with jacob in the middle.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rinkles posted:

This is awesome.

I wonder they are gauging where the thrown melee weapons will land.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I just chased a bear with a tractor into one of my compounds, who then proceeded to run into gas drums and blow everything up, then get caught on fire and continue to run around.

This is the best game

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

This is awesome.

I wonder they are gauging where the thrown melee weapons will land.

I believe a bit of a knack and painstaking trial and error.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The year 2018, developers still have receivers on guns reversed :( muh inmursion.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Asproigerosis posted:

The year 2018, developers still have receivers on guns reversed :( muh inmursion.

Details please? I like gun nerdy stuff and this isn't something I seemed to have picked up?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Rinkles posted:

Holy poo poo :aaaaa:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Throwing shovels are probably the best FPS weapon ever.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Rinkles posted:

i love his channel. i wish i was that good at games. like his dishonored videos are amazing.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
🦃

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Morter posted:

Details please? I like gun nerdy stuff and this isn't something I seemed to have picked up?

Was watching Giant Bomb Unprofessional Friday (copyright do not steal) and saw this:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People have said John has the worst story segments but so far I like them a whole lot better than Jacob's dumb funhouse that was way overtuned for Hard. At least you actually get to play Far Cry in them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
StealthGamerBR is the boss, and his Dishonored videos still blows my mind.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm sure this question has been asked/answered already, but if I finish a region before all of the side missions, can I go back and do them later?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yep!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

People have said John has the worst story segments but so far I like them a whole lot better than Jacob's dumb funhouse that was way overtuned for Hard. At least you actually get to play Far Cry in them.

johns area feels the most "world build and story driven" and it works the best overall, Johns area was always intended to be the first place which is probably why its the most "polished". faith and jacob are both all over the place with jacob feeling sorta polished but really unfinished story mission wise. faith is mixed bag.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want a game with AI prediction so I can go through a game like that, setting traps well ahead of when I'll need them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It doesn't help that they all have the same name. Joseph, Jacob, John.

Now this kind of stings even more because I too have a J name and know of the universal truth that All J Names are the Same so even with a name tag you can mutate all over the place from Johnathan to Jamal.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcGjc_bmjEM

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

:chanpop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I don't like the 2 hours of intro before they introduce you to Husk and his weird monkey worshiping cult.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How do I advance time

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Calaveron posted:

How do I advance time

Start killing people in the road and just keep killing.

The enemies will not stop showing up.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

xzzy posted:

I want a game with AI prediction so I can go through a game like that, setting traps well ahead of when I'll need them.

HITMANtm?

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord
Jesus christ on a bike I just got to the last Faith mission (The Atonement) and having it taking my control away is even more annoying than the previous parts and Johns area. loving hell, walking to a mission I wanted to do on the other side of the region then abruptly Nope, The Bliss is going to make you see the marshal betraying everyone and killing himself, because the bliss is loving magic. Then wake up outside the jail and do this loving poo poo mission urgh.. At least decide what ~The Bliss!~ is because it's loving inconsistent as poo poo and is basically just an excuse to do whatever contrived poo poo they want to rather than actually thinking about the story missions.

God I love the actual gameplay and side missions but this control-taking crap is really torpedoing my enjoyment of the game, and I've still got Jacob's area to go. Fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't remember character progression being so tedious in FC4. Needing to get all these loving perk points just to get a goddamn 3rd weapon slot is really lovely, and I also think you get less cash for poo poo? I remember you had to save up for poo poo in FC4 but overall you were getting loot worth more. Then I can't even get special arrows because I need "black market" poo poo, wtf is this. I can't even by separate ammo, the game makes you refill everything for more loving money.
There's a lot of very basic things that could have been easily remedied in this iteration but jesus they add up and it's like the game is determined to block off the more fun aspects behind other poo poo.