Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I might pull the trigger on Forgebane just 'cause I was looking to get another squad of Skitarii to round out the full squad + special weapons I have. Plus my brother would like the Necrons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

Just scouts and guilliman left to paint, but the beeps of war call to me.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001111 01101101 01101110 01101001 01110011 01110011 01101001 01100001 01101000 00100001

Picked up my Necron book today and trying to figure out where on earth I want to start with it. No rush as this is going to be my project for the back half of the year, but still cool to read up on.

On the Imperial robot side I painted up this little dude to fill up HQ slots and take a wrench to a robot:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I appreciate how much of this thread (myself included) play AdMech now.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I blame Know No Fear, the skitarii in that are loving rad.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Artum posted:

the two life partner techpriests who work in the calth defense grid have the healthiest romantic relationship yet portrayed in 40k i think

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Played a 3k stronghold assault, orks verses ad Mech and guard. Highlights involved a kill tank ramming a guard line and then blowing up, wiping out said guard line.

Also Yarrick getting choppha'd.

I love this game.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It pleases me also. AdMech are a rad(iation) faction.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I played against Orks last night and they were so fun looking that I put back the Necron stuff I had on reserve and decided I was going to play them instead.

There were a ton of people playing Necrons last night. Seems like a lot of players had them mothballed while waiting for a Codex. I haven't seen that happen with any other Codex release. The cool thing about my Tyranids is that I'm really the only regular Nid player in the store.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's funny you say that because I saw exactly that with Nids - tons of them appeared when their book dropped and they were actually fun to play.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
After Hencoe posted all his collections the other day I wanted to pull out all my BA and see what they look like. I think I'm going to be taking a break for painting red for a bit, even though they could really use another 10 tacticals and intercessors, and maybe a third razorback.

Instead I'm working more on my 30k fists army and just wrapped up 2 dreads today, plus took some studio shots of the stuff I had for the tactical strike games. A local store next week is running a double tournament, 1000 points a player, and I'm strongly leaning towards bringing my 15 terminators. Don't think they'll be particularly effective, but I really like how they look.

Playing a lot more with weathering on this army, the boxdread was the first yellow vehicle I've painted and the first time doing weathering on something that size. I feel like I've improved a bunch between it and the leviathan, but I've been looking at this for inspiration and still have a ways to go to get to it. Going to start on some tanks as soon as a few more paints show up.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
Since I've apparently sold a bunch of people on AdMech I'll go through some of my formations and tactical lessons from the table:

Terrain

Oddly, your largest enemy when playing AdMech is often the terrain. All your weapons are direct fire and long range so big LOS blockers will have a disproportionate effect on how you deploy and move around. You do have good options for scenery heavy boards, but by default the AdMech army is ideal for empty boards and open, desert warfare. Shroudpsalm means if no one has cover, only you have cover. If you know in advance you're going to be playing on a dense urban environment go easier on the heavy support options because they're not very mobile.

Kataphron Destroyers

The first thing to know about this unit is that they are literally Necron Destroyers. AdMech actually has a lot of really cool and interesting dialogue with the Necrons in terms of both mechanics and visuals, and these guys are the exemplars of that. They have the exact same stat line and visual silhouette as Necron Destroyers sans the bit where they fly; seeing them on the table across from a Destroyer line is telling.

I initially wasn't sold on these guys from their stat line - they're expensive and fragile with t5/4+/6++ - and indeed for most armies I wouldn't bring them. However, seeing them in play I discovered that like all AdMech they're exactly what they need to be and not one iota more. The t5 makes them resistant to small arms fire, and their range of 30'/no penalty for moving keeps them away from rapid fire weapons. And those guns - let's talk about the guns.

I've built all of mine with grav cannons. They're fantastic weapons because they're perfect marine/primaris/Custodes crackers at str 5 -3AP and, more importantly, 5 shots a piece. Weight of fire is the answer when dealing with chufty men with great invulns like terminators and custodes and -3AP is exactly what you need to take a 1+ save (custodes in cover) to a 4+ save (which is their invuln anyway). Like all the cult mechanicus stuff their BS is 4+ though, so the 2CP on Elimination Protocols means a six man unit lands five more shots. Plasma cannons can work but it's much less good than the grav cannons - you basically need to use the Ryza stratagem to make them pay off.

Phosphor blasters and flamers are a less obvious choice. I prefer the flamers because the Destroyers are useless in melee and the 4+ BS means that the blasters are even less great then they look. You've also got absolutely no way to fall these guys back and still shoot so anything you can do to discourage a charge is ideal.

They aren't a tough unit, though, but they're more resilient than you'd expect. Since T5 is that magic resistant to small arms number, they're competing with your vehicles for your enemy's anti-tank weaponry, and 3 wounds is a nice odd number and can be repaired by their support Dominus. But the thing that makes them brilliant is the Agrippia Stratagem, Fresh Converts. Bring a 6-Destroyer unit - i.e. 400 points - back to full health (a unit of 6 is exactly 20 PL). It needs to be on your board edge but a 35' threat range on the grav cannons means that by the stage of the game you use it you can probably get them back into the fight in a single turn. Heck, you might even use it as an emergency repositioning thing.

All in all, 6 Destroyers with an attached Dominus, Agrippina FW and the Technomatyr relic is a perfect set of synergies. Fantastic offense, to all intents and purposes immune to charges, and if they're not wiped out in a single turn they can teleport and full heal.

Kastelan Robots

The beep boop boiz. Everyone loves 'em.

These are the least mobile units in the game. They've got the most firepower but if they have to move then you've done it wrong. I've only used the shooty version so far, I have theories about punchbots but haven't field tested it.

The issue with the robbits is that they're at BS 5+ and half their shots if they move. That's atrocious, they're worse than useless if moving. Deploy these guys last, always, and deploy them face to face with the bulk of the enemy's army. Out of cover is fine! Turn 1 you'll have Shroudpslam and Aegis Protocol up by default so even if you lose the initiative and they empty their army into the robots they'll come through it surprisingly well with their 1+/4++. Pay any price so long as you don't have to move them. Ideally you put them in a spot where they can hold down a flank or key objective by themselves and put the rest of your army elsewhere. Make sure to screen them too because they're worse than useless in melee - they won't even be able to pile in or fall back with Protector Protocol up.

That said, if you can get them somewhere where you're happy for them to spend the rest of the game, they're unstoppable death machines. It's always worth the 1CP for Binaric Override on turn 1 if they can see their target. In fact, I generally favour Binaric Override over the Cybernetica Datapriest - it saves you 44 points, you're drowning in repairmen already, and the datapriest switching protocols takes a full round of windup and you want the robots shooting now while they still have targets and aren't in melee. It means that the robots'll never move again, but that's why the deployment matters so much - if you've got them in a place where they won't need to move again then they're the best units you could ask for.

They're okay against tanks but not fantastic - the hard cap of 1 damage limits their use. Better against light vehicles like Raiders/clowncars. However they can kill infinity guardsmen/aspect warriors/other light infantry. As with all AdMech they have exactly what they need to excel at their role and no more: STR 6 wounds GEQ on 2's, -2 AP negates a 5+ save perfectly, and ignoring cover locks in that instant death and also means they can thresh rangers/scouts/etc just as easily.

With their mobility issues, their best forgeworlds are Stygies for infiltrating them to exactly where they need to be (but be sure to infiltrate a big stack of Dragoons to defend them) or Lucius for the terrifying potential of deep striking in the most violent shooting in the game on top of an inaccessible catwalk overlooking the entire enemy army.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Booley your Bangles are stunning my man

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but there’s no such thing as a 1+ save because a 1 always fails per the rules.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but there’s no such thing as a 1+ save because a 1 always fails per the rules.

A 1+ save is a 2+ that ignores the first -1 of AP.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Artum posted:

I just happened to be reading Mechanicum at the same time Forgebane came out and I was hooked. That has probably been my favorite book in the series and the fact that it focused on both Skitarii and Knights was too perfect. Probably won't go too crazy, but like another person in this thread, my plans to start an IG battalion to support my DA completely changed to AdMech. Probably will at least pick up 3 or 4 Dunecrawlers and some Kastellan Robots.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Endman posted:

1+ can exist, it's a 2+ that isn't reduced by -1AP.

e:fb

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I feel like AdMech just need a few more units from Forgeworld. I'd personally like a Skitarii HQ option, a dedicated transport and a flier (Ornithopter preferably).

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
And as a followup, a quick rundown of Forgeworld tactics:

Agrippa: The Kataphron Destroyer FW. Fresh Converts, 5+ overwatch and a shockingly good relic if you're up against Chaos means this is my favourite choice. Warlord trait is skippable, you rarely want your Dominus as a beatstick.

Graia: The Skitarii Forgeworld. Refusal to Yield is actually vastly better than standard FNP things on 1W models. Due to the unusual wording if some Vanguard gets hit in the face with a Volcano Cannon for 68 damage, he makes a single roll and on a 6 he ignores all the damage - rather than the usual thing of making 68 FNP rolls. So it's phenomenal on one wound models, like the Skitarii you're drowning your opponent in.

The WT that means your vanguard can fire in melee is crazy good - +500% damage output, assuming you made it through the previous combat phase, but it can incentivize you to charge in multiple squads of Vanguard into a big melee scrum. It's fantastic to the point where you take Graia for the WT alone - relic's useless but can't win 'em all.

Lucius: Unlike other armies that have a cap on the number of units they can deep strike with their stratagem, Lucius can stuff half their list into a teleport chamber if you're happy to throw the CP at it. Less good than it appears, I think, because AdMech has no ability to reroll charges, is generally extremely long range, very few rapid fire options, and is pretty CP hungry. It'd be a great choice for a different army.

Mars: Cawl is an unbelievably cool model and is an auto-take for this list, but this FW's hidden best-synergies are A) Close combat units and B) Knights. The reason for this is that the Cantacles table is weighted towards melee buffs and for 1CP with Knight of the Cog you can get your Knight two cantacles - and for a unit that can't get rerolls any other way this means a lot. Add 10 Sicarian Infiltrators, put 50 fletchette shots downrange, and use Wrath of Mars to pick up a surprising 5-8 mortal wounds along the way.

Metalica: The alternative infantry heavy list to Graia. While you play Graia if you want to play Squats - stubborn unyielding techno bastards who never give an inch - Metalica is your choice if you want to go on the offensive, with great mobility options for its light infantry.

Ryza: It's all about the plasma stratagem - that's the only reason to take Ryza, but it's a drat good reason. And it's actually also the optimal FW at low (500-750) point games - Ryza's relic and warlord trait both serve to buff the Dominus sharply, and buffing a single model is stronger at smaller points values (while force multiplier effects are better at large values).

Stygies: So blatantly and obviously good and synergistic that I regard it as outright unfriendly to play. Bring this if you're going to a competitive tournament.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Guys, Forgebane or a Knight? I can only get one right now.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Forgebane

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
1+ saves were pretty common in pre-sigmar WHFB.

Mostly because equipment was cumulative. Full Plate (4+) on a Warhorse (-1) with Barding (-1) a Shield (-1) was your relatively common Empire Knight and characters could often push it further.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

Oh, and just to finish off a few words of warning:

Do not do Sicarian Ruststalkers for the following reasons:
- Their swords, while looking awesome, are absurdly fragile due to the giant hole near the hilt.
- You will not remember to roll your Chordclaws separately from your razors.
- T3/4+ is not enough for a unit without a transport. They will all die to incidental bolter fire.

Tech Priest Domini will disappoint you offensively. The Eradication Ray is STR 6 (a bad number) 1 damage (a bad number) unless within 8' (a bad number) and are also Heavy (which is bad). In CQ they're crippled by only having three attacks. Relics don't really patch either of these holes either. The upshot is they're invincible and self-healing. Just don't expect them to kill anything. You can actually be much more assertive with them than you are with ordinary commanders - consider charging one in to a line of Marines to stop the Marines charging the squad they're with. You'll probably be conditioned towards babying your characters but it's not necessary with the Dominus.

Finally, Electropriests are actually good models - it's just the studio paint job that blows. Give them dark skin and they look amazing.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

It's funny you say that because I saw exactly that with Nids - tons of them appeared when their book dropped and they were actually fun to play.

My assumption is that Tyranids were bad longer than Necrons were bad, so everyone who had Tyranids stopped playing and/or sold their stuff.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

Forgebane has 2 knights, its a pretty obvious choice.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Thanqol posted:

Oh, and just to finish off a few words of warning:

Do not do Sicarian Ruststalkers for the following reasons:
- Their swords, while looking awesome, are absurdly fragile due to the giant hole near the hilt.
- You will not remember to roll your Chordclaws separately from your razors.
- T3/4+ is not enough for a unit without a transport. They will all die to incidental bolter fire.

I have never had a squad of Ruststalkers survive the first turn.

And then even in the case where they got a first turn charge on a character due to styges shenanigans they were a disappointment.

I'm going to see how easy it is to just rip off their arms and make more Infiltrators.

Also going to back up the Heavy Grav destroyers. I became a believer after a (cawl-supported) squad of 3 basically sandpapered a Landraider from full to near death.

Just... don't bring them to a Tyranid fight.

Plasma Culverins are still really good when paired with Kastellans to elimination volley with.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Are Graia Electro Priests as hilarious to use as they look? Because man do they look terrifying and surprisingly durable.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

mango sentinel posted:

Forgebane.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Booley posted:

A 1+ save is a 2+ that ignores the first -1 of AP.

Ah, okay. The terminology just seems a little confusing since 1+ translates from tabletop speak to 'if you roll a 1 or higher' which isn't actually the case.

But there's not really a better shorthand to explain this sort of thing, so whatever.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Electropriests are another unit I'd actually want to give a try if not for the fact that you really need to run them as a squad of 20 and that costs like $200 CAD.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Finished my primaris counts-as Sgt. Chronus.

Why did I put so much work into a man who'll only see the table when things are going very wrong for me. :negative:

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

Pendent posted:

Are Graia Electro Priests as hilarious to use as they look? Because man do they look terrifying and surprisingly durable.

While yes, this:

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Electropriests are another unit I'd actually want to give a try if not for the fact that you really need to run them as a squad of 20 and that costs like $200 CAD.

Is a limiting factor.

If you're doing staff Electropriests I think they're better as Stygies or Lucius because in the absence of transports they NEED a delivery mechanism. The gauntlet Priests aren't bad but they don't offer anything your Skitarii aren't already doing. They're a cheap way to fill out the surprisingly sparse elites section for a brigade I guess.

Either go all in on Staff Electropriests or skip them IMO.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

1+ saves were pretty common in pre-sigmar WHFB.

Mostly because equipment was cumulative. Full Plate (4+) on a Warhorse (-1) with Barding (-1) a Shield (-1) was your relatively common Empire Knight and characters could often push it further.

For a while in 7th edition I ran a Khorne Lord on Juggernaut with a -1+ armor save

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

So far, I'm thinking of going Graia just because I love Skitarii models, and having maybe a Dominus babysit a Heavy Grav Destroyers unit.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

So far, I'm thinking of going Graia just because I love Skitarii models, and having maybe a Dominus babysit a Heavy Grav Destroyers unit.

My plans lean pretty hard on ryza's plasma since paired with a dominus you've got 9 plasma shots hitting on rerollable 2, wounding tanks on 2 and superheavies on 3 and doing flat 3 damage at ap3 for 2cp. While having punch kastellans and a warglaive being independents since neither of them get anything from the dominus' aura.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

The Sex Cannon posted:

You're putting way too many expensive weapons on dudes or tanks that come with a 4+ BS.

A plasma pistol is a straight up waste of points on a company commander.

Special weapons squads are hot garbage. They're 6 wounds at T3 with a 5+. Ditch them, as they'll be shot the gently caress up before they can fire. Conversely you can get a Chimera to protect 2 squads at once, but they still need a nearby commander to be truly effective. I'd go with command squads instead. Fewer models, but BS 3+. You'd need to add another platoon commander to get 2 of them, but if you get rid of all those vox casters you'd have enough points for it.

Guard squads are good at 2 things: screening and not posing enough of a threat to get shot at. Drop the casters, heavy bolters, and grenade launchers. Cadians with mortars are pretty good, but flamers are the best choice for mobile guard squads. Remember, the enemy will always want to close with you. Also, pick one. You don't need to have both heavy and special weapons in your squads. If a squad is gonna sit back and hold an objective, give it a mortar. If it is going to move forward and find an objective to grab, give it a flamer.

Put more guns on your tank commander, and less expensive guns on your regular Russ. That lascannon will never hit. It might on the commander, though. Heavy bolters are the best option for your regular Russ. The case could be made for plasma sponsons, but they're pretty pricey for a tank that will be hitting with them on a 5+ half the time. You might think that you'll never have to move your Russ, but you are wrong. It will need to move when you run out of infantry, which you will because you only have 4 squads.

Basilisks are good.

Biggest piece of advice, though: try and get a Brigade in at 1000 points. You'll have so many models that the opponent won't know what to do. You'll also have a billion loving command points, and AM CPs are really loving good. Guard shine at low points, and if you can shoehorn fucktons of CPs in there, then you're in business.

Here's an example:
HQ
Company Commander – 30
Primaris Psyker – 46 (Nightshroud, Psychic Barrier)
Primaris Psyker – 46 (Nightshroud, the "ignore morale" power [I forget what it's called])

Elites
Command squad w/ 4 plasma guns – 76
Platoon Commander - 20
Astropath – 30 (Psychic Maelstrom, because his smite is only on 1d6)

Troops
Infantry Squad w/ flamer – 47

Fast Attack
Scout Sentinel w/ autocannon – 47

Heavy Support
MBT w/ 3 heavy bolters – 176
HW Squad w/ 3 mortars - 33
HW Squad w/ 3 mortars - 33

Dedicated Transport
Chimera w/ 2 heavy bolters - 91

Total: 993

Boom. That's a mean little guard list. And a very good starter for the rest of your army.

I wouldn't say this list is terrible, BUT, you're anti-armor consists of 4 plasma guns in a chimera, 1 Battle Cannon, and 3 autocannons, all but the plasma hitting on 4+. (And 5+ if the sentinels move, which they will want to)

1k Brigade with guard is cute, and fun, but I don't really consider it to be the best. Plus, you can easily get 9CP with 2 brigades while still being able to bring along 2-3 leman russes. With Kurov's and Grand strategist, at 1000 points, 9CP is plenty.

In my opinion, plasma guns in infantry squads are great, and a good way to spread out a little bit of punch through your force, and at 7 points you don't have to worry too much about losing them. Lascannons embedded in infantry squads can also be very good as fire support, as they are far harder to dig out than heavy weapon squad ones.

If you're running cadian, there is little to no reason not to run pask, as well, as he's +10 points for an extra order and +1 BS.

Vox casters and grenade launchers are, indeed, bad. Grenade launchers mostly suffer from being 5 points when a plasma gun or flamer is 7, and actually good at something.

Also, while, in theory, Leman Russes in spearheads get obsec, but I've never had it really come into play except maybe clawing out an extra point at the end of the game. You don't want your leman russes up there, and most things holding objectives are going to be troops anyways, and have more than 1 model.

I also wouldn't say a plasma pistol is 100% worthless. Just not on your warlord. Your warlord sits back and babysits some mortars and and maybe slingshots an infantry squad to fill a hole in your lines. He goes nowhere near 12" from an enemy. A company commander on the front lines, though, can do stuff like pick off a hellblaster, etc... and easily make their points back.

Utilizing some of the stuff from Crini's original list, since I assume he owns some of it already, and split into 2 battalions:

HQ:
Company Commander 30
Company Commander 30
Knight Commander Pask 235
-Battle Cannon, Lascannon, HB Sponsons
Sanctioned Psyker 46
Sanctioned Psyker 46

Troops:
Infantry Squad w/ Plasma Gun 47
Infantry Squad 40

Heavy Support:
Leman Russ, Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter 152
Basilisk 108
Heavy Weapons Squad w/ Mortars 33
Heavy Weapons Squad w/ Heavy Bolters 42

Comes out to 997 Points. I'd honestly drop some stuff to give the second Leman Russ a Lascannon and maybe some sponsons, or even drop down enough that you can swap the basilisk for a third russ, though that may require losing a Psyker, an infantry squad (the infantry squad coming with 3 command points), or the mortars, which are very good.

Sentinels are amazing for screening against deep strikers but if you buffer with infantry squads enough you can get away without them, and they're like 30 bucks retail for a 45-55 point model.

Felime fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 1, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The priests are seriously $40 for five models? I’m stunned, that’s way more than I want to spend on a gimmick anytime soon. The models don’t even seem particularly detailed or anything.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Pendent posted:

The priests are seriously $40 for five models? I’m stunned, that’s way more than I want to spend on a gimmick anytime soon. The models don’t even seem particularly detailed or anything.

Its a kit from the heyday of GW charging a premium for dual use kits.

I got a squad when I bought one of the army deal box sets and there's a lot of poo poo that gets left on the sprue that you're likely never going to use.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Firewarriors make my wallet sad in a similar manner as well, 60$ for 70 points of spam infantry plus a couple of drones makes me sad.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

This is a pretty good Basic Guard (tm) list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

R0ckfish posted:

Firewarriors make my wallet sad in a similar manner as well, 60$ for 70 points of spam infantry plus a couple of drones makes me sad.

That's why you buy 5 boxes of 12 in 2001 (like me)!

Now, to throw them in the Purple Power for a month or three, so they will be ready for when I get to them.

I have 220 Khorne Bloodbound to get through... and then 80 Primaris Howling Griffons.