Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

google delenda est

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I'd like to switch away from gmail but it's going to be such a pain the rear end

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

outlook.com "premium" is the business email offering, separated from office 365, at a lower price than office 365

that's where i host my mail, personally. they explicitly do not spy on you, it's in the fuckin eula. and i have no need for a microsoft office license, so saving a few bucks a year is a good deal

maybe it's different in canadar, but the outlook premium plans i can see both cost more than an exchange e1 plan.

e: never mind, looks like they're loving with the lineup again, yeah one of the office 365 personal plans is cheaper now

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 31, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah, i saw that too

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCIo8e12sBM

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Trash from top to bottom. They deserve to go bankrupt

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Which is a shame, because the rest of the electric car market is loving awful.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

TimWinter posted:

your poo poo is awful

i drive an electric piece of poo poo and its better than you

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Krankenstyle posted:

your poo poo is awful

i drive an electric piece of poo poo and its better than you

I drive a plug in electric because I'm not so privileged as to live within 8 miles of my workplace you bougie fuuuuuuck

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bhodi posted:

the people who are willing to download and parse through 5gb+ of personal data on their account, beyond the size shock factor, is so vanishingly small why not allow it

more importantly, the kind of person who'd do that is the kind of person in charge of deciding whether such a thing would be allowed at the respective companies, and they want to do it. plus marketing department spins it as open source or some poo poo later which makes executives nod their head in approval.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
lol the total size of the data google has on me is 91.1MB in tar.gz format

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Lysidas posted:

they actually have the same amount of info on you as they do on everyone else, you're just incredibly boring so it gzips really well

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TimWinter posted:

I drive a plug in electric because I'm not so privileged as to live within 8 miles of my workplace you bougie fuuuuuuck

im unemployed, tim winter

yospos bithc

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Lysidas posted:

fyi your outbound "a/s/l" messages compress incredibly well

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

TimWinter posted:

idk everything I’ve heard about the Chevy bolt is p deece

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Elder Postsman posted:

idk everything I’ve heard about the Chevy bolt is p deece

well the interior is on the same level as the cheap chevys but otherwise they're very nice.

and honestly cheap chevy interiors is still way better than the other car supposedly available in that price range: the model 3

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Krankenstyle posted:

im unemployed, tim winter

yospos bithc

i... concede the point

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I’m so mad at myself for not buying a Nissan Leaf with the multi-stack discounts earlier this year. Could have spent $11k, driven a car for 2-3 years and sell it for the same amount paid (minus insurance but whatever)

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Jimmy Carter posted:

I’m so mad at myself for not buying a Nissan Leaf with the multi-stack discounts earlier this year. Could have spent $11k, driven a car for 2-3 years and sell it for the same amount paid (minus insurance but whatever)

theyre great cars if the range suits your need

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chevy Volt has enough discounts and rebates in CA right now that brings the price down to about $5k for a 3 year lease.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Chevy Bolt?

Obama Chuckled. "You mean Opel Ampera-e?"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

if your spending model 3 money on the models theyre selling right now you could just buy an i3 an actual car from the future made by a competent car maker

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lysidas posted:

ok i tried to just request this when i saw this post but it took forever to put together

mines 35 products - 97.7 GB in zip format

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
there’s a guy in the a/t legal thread whose the ceo of a startup that’s using big data of convictions to build an algorithm to estimate how much time you’ll get if you do a crime

:thunk:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
what the christ would even be the point of that?

what possible commercial application does it have?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
cost/benefit analysis if you wanna do some fraud

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

what the christ would even be the point of that?

what possible commercial application does it have?

quote:

judge: look, I’m not racist but the Sentence Advisor program just issues longer sentences for black people, it’s out of my hands

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, but that already exists and is used to deny people parole based on all manner of illegal grounds, it doesn't need to be developed again

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

yeah, but that already exists

remember what thread you’re in

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

...right. of course.

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

PCjr sidecar posted:

if your spending model 3 money on the models theyre selling right now you could just buy an i3 an actual car from the future made by a competent car maker

A 75 mile range and rear wheel drive turning it into a curling stone if there's any snow on the road doesn't really scream 'daily driver' to me.

edit: I mean, the i3 isn't a deathtrap with an autopilot that veers into oncoming traffic and unreachable power cutoffs in an emergency, so it might be a better purchase than a model 3 but it's not an everyman's car by any stretch.

TimWinter fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 1, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also it looks like this

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

also it looks like this

the ultimate dorking machine

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

Also, it's 44k starting price, which is a lot if you effectively need a second car anyway because of its limitations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

also it looks like this

this is the most ridiculous car i have ever seen and this is the first time because i'm sure i'd have remembered this bubble box if i saw it irl

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

also it looks like this

:barf:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

if only there were some way i could spend five and a half figgies to ensure that no one would ever touch my dick again

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ill lob it off for 5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there are so many i3s around here that i’m convinced they’re bought as a form of conspicuous consumption