Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Miku is just the biggest troll ever.

---------------------------------------edit----------------------------------------

Who needs a PC case when you can build it out of fans?

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The loving noise that thing will make... My case gets like a jet engine in high requirement games after not being dusted out for a few months and that's just with two case fans, two integrated to the video card, and the PSU fan.
That abomination is going to rattle windows and terrify pets.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

If it really was Star Citizen in case form, all the fans will collide with each other when they spin and the whole thing will explode into a million pieces.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Truly a blast from the past

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

trucutru posted:

Truly a blast from the past

quote:

FTC shuts down Butterfly Labs, the second-most hated company in Bitcoinland
The mining equipment company failed to deliver tens of thousands of computers, and delivered others so late they were obsolete

Just like something else in this thread!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Beexoffel posted:

Hey Virtual Captain,

Can I conclude from the tracker graph that largely over the last three months, 'Not implemented' is being replaced by 'Stagnant' and 'Broken'?

The google sheet includes a date for each item. The script that converts it into JSON data will switch anything 'Not implemented' to 'Stagnant' if the date is more than 3 years old.

Chris Roberts: "We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale."

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

I came across r/iamverysmart the other day and thought it was a a sub dedicated to Kazan.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I am the hilariously turbulent and low-velocity air at the center of this abomination

Use a large fan, or put those smaller ones on a duct, gently caress

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Like CIG with procedural eggs, he should have posted that monstrosity today.

Then he could fall back to april fools: “guys, it was just a joke. Got you... haha”

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

I am the hilariously turbulent and low-velocity air at the center of this abomination

Use a large fan, or put those smaller ones on a duct, gently caress

The custom Miku skin is gonna block most of the fan intakes anyway.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Golli posted:

The custom Miku skin is gonna block most of the fan intakes anyway.

That's when he flips the switch from "suck" to "blow".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

trucutru posted:

Ahahahaahahahahahahahahah

Is this the loving buttcoin thread now? Jesus H. Christ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ahahahaah
Not until he's pouring liquid nitrogen out on the floor.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
He really is Star Citizen's biggest fanboy.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I had to read this three times before I realized it didn't say "the added bacon gameplay".

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Sometimes I like to think Clifford aka Miku is some sort of brilliant shill for, like, the anime factory or the fan industry but he's too odd to be anything but genuine. Nobody could be this drat weird on purpose.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Has No one created a miku peado bear yet ?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Miku is actually worse with money than Zaurg.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Sometimes I like to think Clifford aka Miku is some sort of brilliant shill for, like, the anime factory or the fan industry but he's too odd to be anything but genuine. Nobody could be this drat weird on purpose.

Miku is too awkward to be a shill. Who in their right mind who want him to advertise ones products?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Virtual Captain posted:

The google sheet includes a date for each item. The script that converts it into JSON data will switch anything 'Not implemented' to 'Stagnant' if the date is more than 3 years old.

Chris Roberts: "We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale."

Star Citizen is good! And has been for years!

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm worried Clifford aka Miku is going to fall into that computer one day and recreate the woodchipper scene from Fargo :ohdear:

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lack of Gravitas posted:

I'm worried Clifford aka Miku is going to fall into that computer one day and recreate the woodchipper scene from Fargo :ohdear:

While it wouldn't be that bad, it's only just one spilled liquid from an expensive doorstop.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

IncredibleIgloo posted:

The specs give numbers for both 120 and 140mm fans. The big miss really is that there is sufficient room for numerous radiators so you could have a water cooling configuration in any way you want really, and achieve better cooling.

Yeah, that's what I would. And you would have a lot more room in there without creating a tornado of air movement inside. I don't think this dipshit realizes that just because you have 31 mounts, doesn't mean you need 31 fans. It just means you have FLEXIBILITY of putting fans WHERE you want them in order to create a most robust cooling situation without creating a tornado and defeating the purpose of cooling the loving case.

ps: I have always built my own rigs, so this sort of thing is second nature.

I rest my case :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 1, 2018

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sickening posted:

Not only is this going to be loud its also not going to cool very efficiently. Cooling pc's was figured out 10 years ago.

He's a loving moron. As suspected, he has created a tornado inside that rig.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tiberius Thyben posted:

In celebration of Lowtax not dying:

:vince:

----------------

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol the Bearris part of that Relay episode brings warmth to my cold, shriveled black heart.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

...i'll just wait until it comes to PS4 thx.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
2014 Chris: "we've got actually a pretty cool mining mechanic and we're working you know we're going to do sort of voxelization of asteroids and there's a whole sort of I'll be you know it won't be just holding a space bar and and you know two hours and you've now allowing something and so there'll be a lot of the logistics"

Anyone who says they just started coding mining this year is a FUDdy Buddy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjCJqF3Urw

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

If the Star Citizen devs really had a sense of humor they'd put some roasted beets in. I mean the joke's right there.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

BrabenBear?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is great. I can feel the procedurals kicking in!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1DFoz6ZuY

part 3

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i5YdPyAx_E

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Do they have too many artists sitting around without enough to do? The core technologies aren't getting finished fast enough so they're having to give them pointless crap like this?

How can this game be so behind schedule but still have time being burnt on such meaningless frills?

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Beexoffel posted:

Hey Virtual Captain,

Can I conclude from the tracker graph that largely over the last three months, 'Not implemented' is being replaced by 'Stagnant' and 'Broken'?

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/
I like how you can see how development basically flatlined around January 2015. There have been three small tick-ups since then, but Crobbler was actually not wrong about how "development gets stale after 3 years".

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

This is probably him desperately trying to be an "influencer".

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FOOD WHAT ARE THEY SERIOUSLY BROADCASTING PROCEDURAL FOOD

IN YOUR loving SPACE GAME WITH THOUSAND DOLLAR SOACESHIPS

THAT DOESNT HAVE ANY ACTUAL SPACE GAME AROUND IT

THIS ISNT STAR CUISINE NOBODY BACKED FLAVORTOWN 42

I’m just at a loss for loving words

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Saladin Rising posted:

I like how you can see how development basically flatlined around January 2015. There have been three small tick-ups since then, but Crobbler was actually not wrong about how "development gets stale after 3 years".

This is because everything CIG has done so far has been made using off the shelf stuff or plug ins, it's like when you create a WordPress site, progress is rapid initially as you install a theme, a few plug ins and then after that initial burst everything slows down as you make it all work properly / mess with CSS and then finally it grinds to a halt as you wait for content to arrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Taintrunner posted:

FOOD WHAT ARE THEY SERIOUSLY BROADCASTING PROCEDURAL FOOD

IN YOUR loving SPACE GAME WITH THOUSAND DOLLAR SOACESHIPS

THAT DOESNT HAVE ANY ACTUAL SPACE GAME AROUND IT

THIS ISNT STAR CUISINE NOBODY BACKED FLAVORTOWN 42

I’m just at a loss for loving words

I still think it's April fools or whatever, the problem with that is it is massively tone deaf if so, like cracking a knock knock joke at a funeral