Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

None of the grimoire or lore was relevant to the fail expansion

Oryx is name-dropped constantly, the events of TTK referenced directly, and even the name Savathun and her relationship to Oryx were only ever mentioned prior in the Grimoire/Book of Shadows.

HOWEVER after Bungie's Official Lore Bitch explicitly said the Grimoire should be considered, unless otherwise stated, but a collection of tall tales and rumors, I am forced to put great trust in the idea that even if the game backs something up and expands upon ideas presented within the Grimoire, it may still not be real, or canon, or whatever as they may merely be drawing inspiration from the Grimoire, or retconning it to a partial truth.

They're legitimately loving retarded and the Story Team needs to stop being concerned with vanity because all of them should be wearing helmets 24/7 and obvs aren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I gotta say re: lore. At this point I'd rather read Destiny the tie in novels over playing Destiny the Game.

Wonder if the novels would have RNG loot.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

the fail expansion

ehhhhhh you’re going to have to be more specific

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'm on uh like clear number 20 on the nightfall at 70k plus and still no loving sniper

cool can't wait to do it forty times before reset just to have to wait two months to try again

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
who bought m this fjkicn avatar

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

A good person, clearly :unsmith:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bless them for their contribution to Lowtaxs boneitis fund

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

What are they fixing for the next patch? Is the next patch when the expansion comes out?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Xarbala posted:

Bless them for their contribution to Lowtaxs boneitis fund

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

i expected at least some effort out of you

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Nice. Is that an animes?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you're the one who loves dumb kid poo poo shouldn't you know?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you're the one who loves dumb kid poo poo shouldn't you know?

Yeah I guess I got missed with most of that idk, sorry.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
this is a pretty good thread

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
88k on a nf run

still no sniper

c u in two months pyramidion

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I couldn't get my nightfall card to work, cranked it out to 3.5x but didn't notice anything. Does it only work for the fireteam leader? Bungie sucks at communication.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah, the only card that modifies the strike is the strike leader's.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I just logged in after not playing for a few months to try this patch. Why do nightfalls still have guided games? I thought they removed the timer. The strike repetition protection doesn't work cos I had the same heroic strike twice in a row. I should have just quit at the start but it was a mercury one and I couldn't tell which one it was because of the amazing start making you run through the mercury map and the technological marvel that is the infinite forest.

Guess I'll wait until May for the next update/dlc before I login again.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

comatose posted:

Why do nightfalls still have guided games? I thought they removed the timer. The strike repetition protection doesn't work cos I had the same heroic strike twice in a row.

because they haven’t announced anything different

they removed the timer as a completion condition but it’s still there for score purposes

strike and crucible map repetition is turned off right now because it was causing people to get disconnected from the game for some reason

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

strike and crucible map repetition is turned off right now because it was causing people to get disconnected from the game for some reason

That's like the most Bungie thing ever lmao

They can't even make something as simple as not getting the same activity over and over without breaking their dumb game.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
CODING IS HARD OKAY?!?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You can tell that they just never thought they'd have to dig in and fix this much poo poo when they were making the game, but also this is a AAA game that had barely a 15-month dev cycle before going gold so i feel like half this game must have been coded on the bus on the way to the studio

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I'm on uh like clear number 20 on the nightfall at 70k plus and still no loving sniper

cool can't wait to do it forty times before reset just to have to wait two months to try again

"Luckily" there are only like 3 strikes to rotate through, since exodus is out of the rotation (lol) and any ps4 exclusive will never be the nightfall.

And I'm pretty sure the 2 CoO strikes only get one per monthly cycle, so Pyramidion will be back for your next 20 runs soon!!

This all sounds good!!!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's like the most Bungie thing ever lmao

They can't even make something as simple as not getting the same activity over and over without breaking their dumb game.

It owns so hard and by owns i mean is so shockingly loving bad that it should be grounds to nationalize the company

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

You can tell that they just never thought they'd have to dig in and fix this much poo poo when they were making the game, but also this is a AAA game that had barely a 15-month dev cycle before going gold so i feel like half this game must have been coded on the bus on the way to the studio

15 months? The version we got had less than a year of development.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
10 more nightfalls, still no sniper

did find some Dutch idiot who would scream at anyone who wouldn't do the very specific perk and exotic combos he wanted. his nightfall emblem had 58k as his highest score

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Vermintide 2 just got an immense balance patch, less than a month after launch.

(also it's half the price of destiny 2)
(also there are no in-game sales)
(also it's way more fun)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I love Warhammer, but I can't stand first person melee mechanics :negative:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

I love Warhammer, but I can't stand first person melee mechanics :negative:

normally I'd agree

but its really good first person melee though

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I would get it but my partner hates rats and zombies... so....

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Uh do you know what you do in Vermintide

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Penpal posted:

Uh do you know what you do in Vermintide

Get attacked incessantly by rats and zombies and rat-zombies? Judging by the videos.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
For these trying times, here's a recent Washington Post article about washing bears acting weird like zombies https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-its-hind-legs/

quote:

Robert Coggeshall was playing with his beagles outside his Youngstown, Ohio, house around noon Friday when he saw the raccoon.

The 72-year-old pushed his dogs inside as the raccoon fearlessly made its way right up to the glass door, and for a few moments, the animals sat face to face, fascinated with one another.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Moola posted:

normally I'd agree

but its really good first person melee though

I tried the first one and hated it :shrug:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

I tried the first one and hated it :shrug:

oh you wont like 2 then :shrug:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i sat at my pc yesterday thinking about logging on and then i cleaned my whole apartment twice over, did laundry, washed the dog beds, made everything real nice here

now i've got nothing to do today

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Siljmonster posted:

i sat at my pc yesterday thinking about logging on and then i cleaned my whole apartment twice over, did laundry, washed the dog beds, made everything real nice here

now i've got nothing to do today

I logged into see how much faster my characters can run and jump. Then logged out and went to play Killing Floor 2 because they just released Infinite Onslaught mode and new weapons.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Logged on to get my weekly Xur item. Then logged off to try out the new balance patch for Vermintide 2

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Revolver Bunker posted:

I logged into see how much faster my characters can run and jump. Then logged out and went to play Killing Floor 2 because they just released Infinite Onslaught mode and new weapons.
Is it worth it? Should I log in to stretch my guardians' legs before I go back to other things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

my friends never bought D2 to play with me but we've all been getting into warframe lately and it seems like its destiny 2 but 1000x as much content and you can flip about like a ninja

also when you're in a party and going ot a mission it shows all your ships and you can waggle them around in the loading screen which is insanely good

• Locked thread