Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

it's the guys from the wynona's big brown beaver!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

If it's F2P I'll download it but uhhh probably not because I've heard it's horrible

It is a full-priced game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

If it's F2P I'll download it but uhhh probably not because I've heard it's horrible

Yeah its crazy bad and 40 dollars or whatever. Pirate only for laughs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't drink but those look really bad op. godspeed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

KCB and I decided to pick up some booze

I have no idea if these are good, they were just at the sheetz and it was a name I didn't recognize and it stood out so I figured what the hell.

Will do a trip report back.

I saw Justified, I would avoid the "apple pie" personally

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Do Not Drink Those Beverages

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do Not Drink Those Beverages

Too late I drank the blueberry and it's good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I recall the time I bought a 6 pack of blueberry flavored beer, and it was easily the worst thing I've ever drunk.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
here's a bunch of anime poo poo for you filthy weeaboos

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/980604726801702912

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In Training posted:

It was actually kinda cool, it's like a 30 minute mode that's half a fake Mercenaries and half a survival game thing where you have a set amount of time to gather meat and ammo before he next Mercenaries map. I'll do the Natalia mission tonight (idk what this will play like bc her whole design was that she was a helpless child who could just point at enemies and say A monsters coming!) and that's every mainline RE game done. A wild journey these past few months
If you hate instafail stealth you're gonna loving hate the Natalia DLC. Its awful and is the low point of the game IMO.

In Training posted:

Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil Revelations 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Gaiden

Missing but I still plan to play: Operation Raccoon City, the 4 light gun games, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil 1 (PSX)
Looks pretty close to my rankings. The only major difference seems to be that I didn't play Gaiden and you ranked RE0 way higher than I did.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Only a couple swigs tho cause I don't wanna get drunk (idk if these are even enough to get me drunk tbh but I don't like the idea of getting drunk so I'm pretty conservative with my alcohol consumption)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

you’re gonna die

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Only a couple swigs tho cause I don't wanna get drunk (idk if these are even enough to get me drunk tbh but I don't like the idea of getting drunk so I'm pretty conservative with my alcohol consumption)

Oh, I guess you’re gonna live and you’re not cool, sorry

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FirstAidKite posted:

yeah you would probably be ok drinking the whole thing its only 28 proof and assuming thats normal mason jar size you're probably good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

you’re gonna die

Well at least I did some good things in my l ife

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Trip report:

Not a huge fan of the apple pie one, mostly the cinnamon taste. The cinnamon kinda wrecks it for me, the apple part is good.

The blueberry is good tho, it's got a nice, sweet, tart, warm taste to it.

KCB thinks they're both just alright but is wondering what we could use them for cooking-wise, like maybe using the apple pie one in an apple crisp kinda thing or something. She liked the apple pie one more but she's not a big fan of blueberry alcohol flavors so...

Seeing as we have no intention of drinking them all at once, I'm gonna be wondering what we could potentially use some of it for. I'm wondering how beer bread would turn out using them.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lemon squares except blueberry/apple squares

as long as you juice the fruits theoretically the same concept should apply because they still have acid to react with

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I have some hard ginger beer I'm looking forward to drinking at D&D* tomorrow, except I am 100 percent drinking it in one go because that is the only way I can get through D&D.

*Actually Numenera.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Samuringa posted:

here's a bunch of anime poo poo for you filthy weeaboos

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/980604726801702912

mahou arms and warped reality seem like they might be interesting

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the last couple days, driven by nostalgia, i've been playing through the old gameboy pokemon trading card game. for the most part its fine, except for the card pop system.

here's the gist: there are 226 cards in the game (it came out in '98) and you can "card pop" with another gameboy with the game to randomly gift each player a random card. there's one card in the game you can only get this way. the problem is you can only card pop once per other cartridge, ever, meaning you only have a 1/226 chance of getting the card you actually want

its pretty much the worst designed "trade with other players to unlock things" feature ever, which is weird considering it's a pokemon game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49MH6AeFA2k

this has been in my head for weeks so i'm hoping it works like the video from the ring and if i pass it on to someone else i'll be free

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I started on Mafia III today. This game is super good. The storyline at least right now is fantastic.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
One thing I find interesting in Nioh is that it's a noticeable point in a genre when a mechanic is taken as given and never explained. Like every souls-like I've played or any game that at least uses the Estus mechanic feels the need to explain why it gets refilled or at least make it a magical item. In Nioh, the healing is just elixirs, a normal common pickup, and they get refilled at checkpoints because that's the way the genre works. No further explanation unless I missed it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Did Dark Souls actually explain Estus? I'm not sure I even remember at this point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The guy who gives it to you in the asylum does iirc

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think the game does explain it but it has been awhile. At the very least it had the time description to give you lore on why it would be like it is and it had the stuff about firekeepers souls to expand your limit and it just was a big part of the game while in Nioh it's all in the background and I had to look up what even determined how many you get when you go to a shrine.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

I am sure it is better than my old housemate's 2011 Chardonnay that I guess was sitting in the pantry for 7 years and which I am drinking now. I am eating a chocolate bar at the same time so it's fine though

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
But yeah, fo real, OP is missing that Battletech is out April 24.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Someone just released a fan translation for R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
i spent all night finishing a drawing instead of doing productive things like playing video games or staring at the ceiling contemplating death.

Kirbborne

In Training posted:

The guy who gives it to you in the asylum does iirc

I don't think he does? Granted its been ages since I actually talked to him. Its much quicker to just stab him.

IIRC estus is liquid ash from the bonfires. It heals the undead because their souls are linked to the bonfires. There's nothing special about estus flasks they are just jars that carry the magic healing juice. Presumably you could carry gallons of the stuff if your character ever bothered to find a bigger cup.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

None of the games explicitly identify what Estus is. The descriptions across the various games give different info about the history of the flasks themselves but Estus simply is. Seems like it's liquid flame or something similar.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's juice

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's got what undead crave

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

It's got what undead crave

Electrolytes!!?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently PS5 Dev kits are out in the wild, if you can believe industry scuttlebutt.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My sources tell me that it'll be similar to Sony's PS4, but more powerful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sources indicate the ps5 will also be known as the ps4 pro pro

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Raxivace posted:

Did Dark Souls actually explain Estus? I'm not sure I even remember at this point.

pulled this from the wiki just now

dark souls wiki posted:

Not a huge fan of the apple pie one, mostly the cinnamon taste. The cinnamon kinda wrecks it for me, the apple part is good.

The blueberry is good tho, it's got a nice, sweet, tart, warm taste to it.

Seeing as we have no intention of drinking them all at once, I'm gonna be wondering what we could potentially use some of it for. I'm wondering how etsus bread would turn out using them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Raxivace posted:

Estus the way it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Lmao oddium

• Locked thread