Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Titan boss was so brain dead easy that I never understood how people had trouble with it, unless they just refuse to use defensive options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tae posted:

unless they just refuse to use defensive options.

it's this :ssh:

a shocking number of players don't/don't know how to parry

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

How loving dead inside do you have to be to not enjoy those fights. Yes Leviathan was just hold B and enjoy being Goku that's the point

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

How loving dead inside do you have to be to not enjoy those fights. Yes Leviathan was just hold B and enjoy being Goku that's the point

The Leviathan fight is pretty and all but there are other games (hell, other S-E games) which have fights that are similarly pretty if not better and actually more fun to play.

I didn't have any problem with Titan but Leviathan suuuucked.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

They are both better than the Ramuh fight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

They are both better than the Ramuh fight.

I legitimately can't remember if you're joking or if there actually was a Ramuh fight I completely blocked out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Finished the story in FFXV today. I'm aware there were a bunch of additions to Chapter 14 and I think they really helped, because even though the story was a disjointed mess up to that point, I still felt like it stuck the landing.

Also it's still pretty fun to play so I guess I'm gonna do a bunch of the bonus dungeons and stuff. Please warn me if this is not a good idea :v:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The ultimate Final Fantasy tier list:

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XV

Is this worst to best or best to worst?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

For your viewing pleasure, Jeff Goldblum reacting to Sephiroth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3XcpKPOmp0&t=280s

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Alxprit posted:

They are all tied in last place.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I didn't have any problem with Titan but Leviathan suuuucked.

100% SAME

ImpAtom posted:

I legitimately can't remember if you're joking or if there actually was a Ramuh fight I completely blocked out.

You don't remember? There was that whole on-foot buildup to Ramuh, he spoke to you, I was getting excited for another big boss fight, then...

•Ramuh is added to your inventory.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
You know, the gameplay is mediocre, the plotline is mostly ehh, if I'm honest about it I don't even really care much for the characters or feel like they get any development. There's, you know, The Stuff That Goes Down In Altissia and everybody agrees the characters' reactions to it are handled like complete poo poo.

But I like playing XV nonetheless and now that I think about it I don't even really know why.

It's just kind of laid back and comfortable I guess.

A pity they didn't build an actual compelling story around the experience or this could have been something really special.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

You really don't understand why the climactic battle of the game's second act and probably the most consequential event in the entire game boiling down to "PRESS X TO SLAY BOSS" might put people off?

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 2, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Not really, it's a final fantasy game and that's what usually happens. At least parrying leviathan and firing kamehamehas at it felt good. If I want compelling combat I play Wizardry

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

Finished the story in FFXV today. I'm aware there were a bunch of additions to Chapter 14 and I think they really helped, because even though the story was a disjointed mess up to that point, I still felt like it stuck the landing.

Also it's still pretty fun to play so I guess I'm gonna do a bunch of the bonus dungeons and stuff. Please warn me if this is not a good idea :v:

Maybe get the royal arms but the sealed dungeons are extraordinarily tedious.

As in, go through hallways, fight, choose a path and pray it isn’t a dead end, repeat until you get a badass weapon.

Every time, with no variation.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah avoid the menace dungeons unless you’re aiming to bank xp quick. Otherwise only Pitioss is worth trying out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

Maybe get the royal arms but the sealed dungeons are extraordinarily tedious.

As in, go through hallways, fight, choose a path and pray it isn’t a dead end, repeat until you get a badass weapon.

Every time, with no variation.

Makes sense. I'll probably go after the royal arms at least. Are the optional postgame bosses any fun or just HP sponges?

man nurse posted:

Yeah avoid the menace dungeons unless you’re aiming to bank xp quick. Otherwise only Pitioss is worth trying out.

Is Pitioss the puzzle one?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you consider several hours of platforming in the dark a puzzle, yes its full of them.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Barudak posted:

If you consider several hours of platforming in the dark a puzzle, yes its full of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zKXJ4W93a0

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Harrow posted:

Makes sense. I'll probably go after the royal arms at least. Are the optional postgame bosses any fun or just HP sponges?

It’s really just more of the same, and I at least did the weaponsmith bosses back when the level cap was 99 and I didn’t think it was too bad or that it went on for too long. (Hardest fight in the game imo is the coeurl hunt)

Save yourself the trouble of whittling down the adamantoise and just banish its rear end to the hereafter though.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Sapozhnik posted:

You know, the gameplay is mediocre, the plotline is mostly ehh, if I'm honest about it I don't even really care much for the characters or feel like they get any development. There's, you know, The Stuff That Goes Down In Altissia and everybody agrees the characters' reactions to it are handled like complete poo poo.

But I like playing XV nonetheless and now that I think about it I don't even really know why.

It's just kind of laid back and comfortable I guess.

JRPG comfort food.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I watched a youtube video of pitioss and while I'm glad I never attempted this frustrating hellscape myself, I do respect the craftsmanship

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's really weird that at least one of the Arms is postgame given how much the story focuses on them.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Noctis is always Goku, and had been going Super True King on command for a while by then. I was enjoying being kinda outmatched, even though I knew in my heart that this was an interactive cutscene and not a cool boss fight or flashy puzzle.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Alxprit posted:

Yes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All Final Fantasy games are actually the same game. Specifically, they're all parts of one big game, and the last one is going to reveal how they all fit together. And then we'll finally be free.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bongo Bill posted:

All Final Fantasy games are actually the same game. Specifically, they're all parts of one big game, and the last one is going to reveal how they all fit together. And then we'll finally be free.

Dissidia already came out ya dingus!!!!!!

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dissidia already came out ya dingus!!!!!!

Yeah, but Dissidia was actually terrible.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

lobster22221 posted:

Yeah, but Dissidia was actually terrible.

Nah

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Does the new dissidia have an active playerbase or was it pretty much DOA?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

not really a speedrun, more like a speed exploit, a true speed run would be to do the ENTIRE dungeon, not skip through it. no props for this, sorry bro

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It was not Dead or Alive, especially not the beach volleyball edition one, so no, I'm sorry, the new Dissida game won't have anything for you.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Gologle posted:

It was not Dead or Alive, especially not the beach volleyball edition one, so no, I'm sorry, the new Dissida game won't have anything for you.

S-E must hate money then!!

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

Ainsley McTree posted:

I watched a youtube video of pitioss and while I'm glad I never attempted this frustrating hellscape myself, I do respect the craftsmanship

My god. I watched that entire video and I can't believe this exists in the game. I didn't think for a second that there would be a platforming dungeon in FFXV with sidescrolling-type bits.

I have no idea how a person even gets through that dungeon. The guy playing the game blitzed through it and it still took him 30 minutes. Yowza.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah, it's still got a pretty decently sized casual playerbase. I don't think anyone uses group finder matchmaking for ranked though, pretty much everyone has a group already together and just runs with their own group. Which is pretty much the end game of any sort of gundam versus style game tbh.

The less casual playerbase is an entirely discord-and-private-room-operated ecosystem though.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Vasler posted:

My god. I watched that entire video and I can't believe this exists in the game. I didn't think for a second that there would be a platforming dungeon in FFXV with sidescrolling-type bits.

I have no idea how a person even gets through that dungeon. The guy playing the game blitzed through it and it still took him 30 minutes. Yowza.

I think it took me something like 3 hours to get through it. But I'm the kind of idiot who can slam his head against a puzzle for a literal day without getting tired of it if I'm invested enough, so I might not be the best metric by which to judge such things.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

Motto posted:

It's really weird that at least one of the Arms is postgame given how much the story focuses on them.

...no? I had all the royal arms before I fought the final boss. Like the sword of the tall is a pain in the rear end to get at lower levels but the last three royals arms are just for progressing through chapters 10-13 basically.

The star, shield, mace and scepter are all easy to get, and the bow isn't too much harder with a EASY dungeon and a more challenging boss. All I can assume you are talking about is the Costlemark Tower one, which like I said is a pain in the rear end but if you have the items, patience, and willingness to go through a way to long dungeon that likes throwing demons at you left right and center you can get the weapon.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Vasler posted:

When I first found that dungeon it bugged and I had no flashlight. At the time I didn't realize it was a glitch so I ended up doing the whole thing almost blind. It was terrible.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

ROFL Octopus posted:

It bombed during its January console release. SE wants to promote it as an as esport so we might see it continue to have development support.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Vasler posted:

Pitioss always struck me as the product of a celebratory post-development game jam that never should have seen the light of day, there's a kind of giddy delirium in how nonsensical it is within the larger context of FFXV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Actually every dungeon should have been like Pitioss.