Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

realbez posted:

The loving frees that geelong get lol

same but hawthorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

The loving frees that geelong get lol

lol please

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Ez mode for roughhead

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol 2 hands in the back ride way before the ball arrives, play on

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

pretty sure that was a point

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

fuckin lol at the poo poo dangerfield gets away with. Anyone else that rightly gets called incorrect disposal.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hahahahhahaha he has the loving football in his arms and gets a free for holding jesus christ

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Holy poo poo, now this is football!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

This is a good game of AFL football

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Bit of a throw

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

The Deadly Hume posted:

Four goals up so I'm sure we're going to figure out a way to gently caress this up in a hilariously infuriating manner.
Nearly spoonboyed it.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

cunts

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

deport O'Connor, launch Stanley into the sun and sell parsons for some beans

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

suck a gently caress selwood you oval office

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I spent most of the last minute expecting a horseshit Geelong goal.
Glad I didn't see one.

Carn Hawks.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
It is cool and good that Geelong lost, but it’s bad and worse that Hawthorn won

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Jeff Kennett needs to gently caress off and die.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving woeful week of tipping. And woeful performance by Geelong.

With a midfield like ours teams shouldn't be getting even close to us. Chris Scott's got a lot to answer for.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

You Am I posted:

With a midfield like ours teams shouldn't be getting even close to us. Chris Scott's got a lot to answer for.

the biggest thing he has to answer is why Rhys Stanley was selected. one of the worst ruck performances I've seen

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

You Am I posted:

You got beaten by us in the midfield last week too (admittedly without Dangerfield)

I think maybe Chris Scott is an average coach who has had an embarrassing level of talent to work with his entire career.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Do Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield all fit in the same midfield? Also do the Cats have answers to the questions they had in Defence (where Roughead seemed to always have the matchup he wanted) and in the ruck?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

strap on revenge posted:

the biggest thing he has to answer is why Rhys Stanley was selected. one of the worst ruck performances I've seen

But he offers more around the ground!

*gets obliterated in center clearences*

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Do Selwood, Ablett and Dangerfield all fit in the same midfield? Also do the Cats have answers to the questions they had in Defence (where Roughead seemed to always have the matchup he wanted) and in the ruck?

cats' two best tall defenders are injured so the mismatches against Roughead weren't unexpected

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Geelong have two key backs who are both injured and picked Rhys ‘wasteman’ Stanley ahead of Zac ‘semi-competent’ Smith in the ruck for some loving reason

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Schlesische posted:

Yes, ask the medical team, and no.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

thepokey posted:

It is cool and good that Geelong lost, but it’s bad and worse that Hawthorn won

:same:

should have been a draw. but a draw where neither team gets points.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Honestly Stanley isn't that horrible but he's being asked to do key roles that he simply isn't up to.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Stanley shines as an athletic second forward and backup ruckman. As much as he can shine, anyway.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
McEvoy is also a good ruckman, particularly in the clinches. He mangled Stanley, but he's done that to quite a few rucks in the past season and a bit.

Also that loving fifty rule for someone running past a protected player needs to be thrown in the bottom of a very deep well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tom Doedee picked up the rising star nomination this week, 25 disposals with 11 intercepts and 6 marks was a good return for a second gamer

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
How bout those fuckin haaaawwwwks 😊😊😊

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I take everything back St. Kilda. gently caress you Geelong.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So I’m assuming that all 4 of us who got top of the comp with 6 this round forgot to put tips in, since the margins are all at 36 points. Good round.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

So I’m assuming that all 4 of us who got top of the comp with 6 this round forgot to put tips in, since the margins are all at 36 points. Good round.

Guilty as charged. Somehow its lead me to being first. Just like a Norf or a St Kilda after round 1 being top of the ladder, I must savour this moment as it will not last.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

After a woeful year of tipping last year I came out of the blocks with 8 and thought maybe I can turn it around!

....3 this week

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

MysticalMachineGun posted:

After a woeful year of tipping last year I came out of the blocks with 8 and thought maybe I can turn it around!

....3 this week

I got 1 in my work and family tipping comps, thank god for Nathan suckley

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/no...fa7db72f61f5247

foxsports posted:

NORTH Melbourne premiership player Shannon Grant is facing time in jail, after allegations emerged that he repeatedly punched and terrorised a woman in 2017.

Grant fronted the Moorabbin Magistrates Court on Thursday, where it was alleged a jealous rage led him to strangle a woman, among other serious offences.

In total, he is facing 18 charges.

Grant, the 1999 Norm Smith medallist, is alleged to have left a women with facial injuries after he threw her into a fence at his Highett home in June last year.

According to a police statement, the woman “fell on to the concrete and her body went limp”.

Driven by jealousy, Grant stole the woman’s phone on a number of occasions.

On November 30, after he had discovered text messages from another man, Grant threw a beer bottle at the woman’s head and dragged her towards his car at Sandringham beach.

Once back at his home, it is alleged Grant physically assaulted the woman further, choking her before she collapsed.

A similar incident is alleged to have occurred on December 29, where Grant punched the victim in the stomach until she couldn’t breathe.

Grant resigned from his role as St Kevin’s Old Boys’ coach at the end of last year, only months after claiming the premiership.

It’s understood he is seeking support for alcohol abuse and will contest the matter in June.

what do we reckon, suspended sentence followed by a channel 7 media contract?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He'll be boundary rider by the end of the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Life