Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
That place will be there until the owner decides to sell it I guess. Only thing that shits me is having to figure out what stupid name to ask for to get the correct burger. I’m pretty sure I used to get a buddy holly which was a hamburger with egg and bacon cause I find the lot always ends up being dismal to try and eat. Closest burger place to me does odd poo poo like honey chicken and the cunts behind the counter are always grumpy.
I do love a good fish and chip shop steak sanga but they’re difficult to find most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
gently caress yeah, leftover wine

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
The toads that go in the catdish/water bowl, it's probably a large female and a tiny male looking for somewhere to gently caress

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

That place will be there until the owner decides to sell it I guess. Only thing that shits me is having to figure out what stupid name to ask for to get the correct burger. I’m pretty sure I used to get a buddy holly which was a hamburger with egg and bacon cause I find the lot always ends up being dismal to try and eat. Closest burger place to me does odd poo poo like honey chicken and the cunts behind the counter are always grumpy.
I do love a good fish and chip shop steak sanga but they’re difficult to find most of the time.

You're in the mountains yeah?

Springwood has a good chicken shop that does a good burger. Double cheeseburger with bacon. One of the best chook shop burgers I've ever had.

Sultan Pepper
Feb 13, 2018

by Lowtax
Miel burger on Mary St was pretty top notch if not on the pricey side and was literally just a shipping container with some tables

I say was cos I think they moved or something I haven't been in the area for some time

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Laserface posted:

You're in the mountains yeah?

Springwood has a good chicken shop that does a good burger. Double cheeseburger with bacon. One of the best chook shop burgers I've ever had.

Yeah that place is pretty good really but I don’t tend to go to sprinwood all that often. The fish and chip shop at the bottom end of Katoomba st is pretty great and not super expensive. The one up the top end is expensive and also poo poo cause they have one of those hungry jacks style grills which they feed cardboard patties into

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
how could woolies not have baked any cheese and bacon rolls at 8:30am

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

xutech posted:

45$ for two burgers, lovely chips and a voss water from grilld continues to be poo poo.

The herbed chips are the best item on the menu there imo

Visible Stink posted:

You forgot Charboys in the city

And ze pickle

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Sydney life report: spent all first day on couch watching Netflix, ventured out to find Asian grocer and missed it because I couldn't find a park, ended up doing 5 laps of the block to find the entry to the parking garage.

Also currently sleeping on an air mattress until my poo poo gets moved from qld

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ben's Burgers in the valley is great, while Meil Container is overpriced garbage. hth

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Oh, australia has it's own 11'8'' bridge? Anyone got a video camera set up on that 24/7?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

McSpergin posted:

Sydney life report: spent all first day on couch watching Netflix, ventured out to find Asian grocer and missed it because I couldn't find a park, ended up doing 5 laps of the block to find the entry to the parking garage.

Also currently sleeping on an air mattress until my poo poo gets moved from qld

I went to nguyen phats yesterday hoping to see megachef oyster sauce but struck out and just got the lee kum kee premium.
(nguyen phats is in girrawheen where heaps of Viet live, it is a large supermarket building where have of it is a normal farmer jacks/iga and half is an asian grocer - so it's a huge shop. Also every small shopping centre has a bahn mi shop between there and mirrabooka. Can't really get more SE asian than there. Most other Asian grocers I've been to around Perth are more Chinese, or Japanese, or Korean).

I think I'll only ever see megachef online and I can't be hosed with that. Might just email the loving distributors because I keep reading about the brand everywhere so I am interested
I'll check mcq in morley and VHT is perth one day. but probably only after I have finished the bottle of lkk I just bought

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 2, 2018

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

xutech posted:

45$ for two burgers, lovely chips and a voss water from grilld continues to be poo poo.

Should have gone to Maccas.

Also https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853278

Drugs 4 Lowtax appeal.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Inkfish posted:

Stepping on a toad when barefoot is the worst

A dude I know up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarina,_Queensland way stepped (crushed) on a Cane Toad and it squirted "white juice" into his mouth.

He said he had diarrhea and vomiting. No tripping.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Interesting term for sucking dick. Haven't heard that one.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I was eating a veggie burger at grilld once that tasted sickeningly bad, but until i was half way through i thought it was just really bitter cheese or something. But then the taste kind of worked it's way up into my nose and i started feeling sick, so i open up the burger to see what's going on. Veggie burger patties must come individually wrapped in plastic. They had cooked mine without removing it from the loving plastic, so i had eaten half a burgers worth of melted plastic all shrivelled and fused into the patty. When i complained they were completely unphased and were just like "well would you look at that, guess we'll make you a fresh one", but at that point i felt sick and couldn't get the taste and smell of plastic out of my head so argued for a refund. They gave me one but the whole time acted like i was being unreasonable and it wasn't a big deal for plastic to end up in a burger.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
could really go for some crying tiger rn

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Kharnifex posted:

The toads that go in the catdish/water bowl, it's probably a large female and a tiny male looking for somewhere to gently caress

Kharnifex is a cool dude irl btw.

The Cane Toad story was real.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Moon Atari posted:

I was eating a veggie burger at grilld once that tasted sickeningly bad, but until i was half way through i thought it was just really bitter cheese or something. But then the taste kind of worked it's way up into my nose and i started feeling sick, so i open up the burger to see what's going on. Veggie burger patties must come individually wrapped in plastic. They had cooked mine without removing it from the loving plastic, so i had eaten half a burgers worth of melted plastic all shrivelled and fused into the patty. When i complained they were completely unphased and were just like "well would you look at that, guess we'll make you a fresh one", but at that point i felt sick and couldn't get the taste and smell of plastic out of my head so argued for a refund. They gave me one but the whole time acted like i was being unreasonable and it wasn't a big deal for plastic to end up in a burger.

:lol:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Miel container is good but they got done for not paying their staff so I'm not sure if it's still exists. Brew masters is down the street from my dad's place but I've only been once and didn't get a burger :whitewater:

edit: I'm on Hamilton island for the weekend and they're saying the cyclone might reform. would be pretty sweet if I got stuck here and got a 6 or 7 day weekend

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Blow posted:

A dude I know up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarina,_Queensland way stepped (crushed) on a Cane Toad and it squirted "white juice" into his mouth.

He said he had diarrhea and vomiting. No tripping.

Lmao your mate drank toad cum

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Copped a toadload

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
This is the only toad I’m interested in stepping on and receiving a load of white liquids

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Having nasty diarrhoea in Bunnings.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Find the nearest old bloke and ask him for help with your leaky pipes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Find the nearest old bloke and ask him for help with your leaky pipes

Thanks, he got some no more gaps and sealed me right up.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Listening to a delightful radio play on that one christian radio station about nvj learning the true meaning of easter

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

This is the only toad I’m interested in stepping on and receiving a load of white liquids

lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Fo3 posted:

Oh, australia has it's own 11'8'' bridge? Anyone got a video camera set up on that 24/7?

Montague St

http://howmanydayssincemontaguestreetbridgehasbeenhit.com/

The best thing is it is up the road from a truck hire place, so people drive into it all the time.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

A large cane toad statue, called Buffy, is situated in the town centre in honour of Sarina's cane farming history. Buffy was made from fibreglass in the early 1980s for a parade float for the Apex Sugar Festival. The name Buffy comes from the species name bufo marinus.

Buffy has been painted for the "state of origin" football game multiple times and has even been stolen. To try and deter further theft, buffy has been chained to the concrete slab on broad street where he resides, though this hasn't stopped people from decorating buffy with "Queenslander" flags and state of origin banners.

The cane toad in Australia is regarded as an exemplary case of a "feral species"—others being rabbits, foxes, cats and dogs. Australia's relative isolation prior to European colonisation and the industrial revolution—both of which dramatically increased traffic and importation of novel species—allowed development of a complex, interdepending system of ecology, but one which provided no natural predators for many of the species subsequently introduced. The recent, sudden inundation of foreign species has led to severe breakdowns in Australian ecology, after overwhelming proliferation of a number of introduced species for which the continent has no efficient natural predator or parasite, and which displace native species—in some cases these species are physically destructive to habitat as well. Cane toads have been very successful as an invasive species, having become established in more than 15 countries within the past 150 years. In the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, the Australian Government listed the impacts of the cane toad as a "key threatening process".

Blow fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Apr 2, 2018

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Ooof,

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/specials/bushworld-adventures

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Currently eating some spag bol my housemates mum made and somehow it's runny wet but the meat is dry and it tastes of worcestshire and cheap parmesan. It is free food though so I'm gonna eat what's in front of me.

Did a quick aldi trip, got 2kg of rice, a thing of pork meatballs, 1kg frozen mixed veg, sliced chorizo and diced bacon, some bbq seasoning rub mix and some minced garlic, gonna make a paella-ish thing tomorrow night for work lunches

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i ate almost all of a 2kg lasagne at 2am last night

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I made San Choy Bow coz I'm trying not to be such a fat gently caress.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I bought fifty bucks worth of discount Easter chocolate and I’m on my third Lindt bunny tonight tell my wife I hate her if I don’t come back from this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I bought fifty bucks worth of discount Easter chocolate and I’m on my third Lindt bunny tonight tell my wife I hate her if I don’t come back from this

she’s NVJ’s wife now

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Even when it's on special, Easter chocolate is a bad deal if you just want chocolate.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Have you seen how thick those Lindt bunnies are dog? 3 bucks a pop is a bargain no matter how you slice it

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Cooked a really nice rib eye steak for dinner. They're always on the exe side but a single steak is enough for 2 people and because the meat is attached to the bone it doesn't dry out during cooking. Last time I did it with chimichurri sauce but this one was just a sizzle of lemon once it was on the plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

McSpergin posted:

Currently eating some spag bol my housemates mum made and somehow it's runny wet but the meat is dry and it tastes of worcestshire and cheap parmesan. It is free food though so I'm gonna eat what's in front of me.

Did a quick aldi trip, got 2kg of rice, a thing of pork meatballs, 1kg frozen mixed veg, sliced chorizo and diced bacon, some bbq seasoning rub mix and some minced garlic, gonna make a paella-ish thing tomorrow night for work lunches

Paella and similar rice or risotto dishes never reheat well :( I've managed to save something out of them by reheating on the stove top with 1/4 cup of water then simmer out, but cold or microwaved they suck compared to how good they are fresh.

I made 3 nori maki rolls with a 185g can sirena tuna (the only tinned tuna type to use for nori maki), 1/3 cucumber and 1 carrot. Wrapped in gladwrap they don't go too hard so will last for a day. 1 roll for dinner, 1 for lunch tomorrow and the other for dinner tomorrow.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 2, 2018