Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

BGrifter posted:

Apparently Gumi agrees with me as their whole April Fools joke is "Imagine if this game didn't look like crap... ha ha, just kidding".

You do realize that the Global version of D:FFOO is whalebaiting the gacha just as hard as FFBE does, plus burning through content so fast that there will be massive gaps in content releases starting about 3 months from now, riiiiight?

If you're going to troll us with talk about God's one true gift to mobile FF gaming, at least pick a worthwhile title like Record Keeper.

Varance fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Eh, D:FFOO dont look too bad, they work.

But gachashit gonna be ding dong diddly dildos that's for sure. All gachashit is bad but weve been trapped by Gamblor's neon claws.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh no doubt Record Keeper is better than both games and it's not even close.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

New bundles this morning are all worth it unless “gently caress gumi” applies.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Any suggestions/anyone have a good friend unit for taking on spherimorph? The press attack just crushes my crew, can I avoid that if I force an element shift?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Any suggestions/anyone have a good friend unit for taking on spherimorph? The press attack just crushes my crew, can I avoid that if I force an element shift?

Take my friend unit. I freed up some slots if you need to send an invite.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man that's kinda pathetic. I remember when I was fielding these guys on the first island or two...

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare

Cartoon Man posted:

Take my friend unit. I freed up some slots if you need to send an invite.

:golfclap:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Varance posted:

If you're going to troll us with talk about God's one true gift to mobile FF gaming, at least pick a worthwhile title like Record Keeper.

Damning with faint praise.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gumi, you're losing money on bundles because my lazy rear end can't be bothered to burn through NRG bottles because I have to claim everything at once from my mailbox.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

KDdidit posted:

Gumi, you're losing money on bundles because my lazy rear end can't be bothered to burn through NRG bottles because I have to claim everything at once from my mailbox.

I used to have this problem too. Then Half-Energy came and my dumb rear end thought chasing the RoD was a good idea. Now I have no NRG pots.

...in my defense, I'm only one drop away now. Been doing 25 energy runs because what the hell else am I gonna do this lovely FFX rerun week?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just burn pots on turtles. You are going to need a big warchest between getting 7* and enhancements anyways. Or do what I did the last time, manually energy back up when earth shrine farming

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've got enough gil to 7* everybody in my roster three times over! :smug: because my only dupes are Noctis and Fohlen

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I've been curious about this for awhile; since 7* units have STMRs, does that mean that their normal TMRs pretty much just vanish when you combine them? Like, I have 4 Queens, and while Wisdom isn't the best TM in the world at this point, it would still feel like a huge waste for them to just disappear before I get them all to 100%.

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011
The one you use as an awakening material leaves a moogle behind that has their TMR in it and you can fuse moogles to it as normal to get it, And the unit that goes to 7 still has their TMR as usual to grind. On a related note if you are fusing for an STMR it's best to make 2 7 units and combine them to get it because later on they will add achievements for the number of 7s you awaken that gives things like UoC tickets and it keeps track even if you fuse them to another unit.

Tengama fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 2, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tengama posted:

The one you use as an awakening material leaves a moogle behind that has their TMR in it and you can fuse moogles to it as normal to get it, And the unit that goes to 7 still has their TMR as usual to grind. On a related note if you are fusing for an STMR it's best to make 2 7 units and combine them to get it because later on they will add achievements for the number of 7s you awaken that gives things like UoC tickets and it keeps track even if you fuse them to another unit.

The process is weird. There’s a few things there and hopefully I can cover all the intricacies around what happens when you 7* stuff.

For a 7* you turn one of your units into an awakening material. If that unit has mastered their TMR then you just get the material. If they haven’t mastered it already, you will get a container moogle thing with the current progress of the unit’s TMR.

So (this will bear repeating again once we get there) you actually have some decisions to make in some rare cases of upgrading a unit to 7*. Such as, if you have two units and one already has their TMR farmed, then (all else being equal) the 100% farmed one is the one you should turn into the awakening material solely because you can only get a container’s TMR by fusing moogles from that point on. Can’t earth shrine farm the containers.

There are mostly going to be edge cases starting out (if they have a good TMR you probably farmed it already, for instance), but it’ll more be more of a consideration when we start getting 7* banners. I think mostly what it boils down to is that you’ll decide if you want to farm (one copy of) the TM before rushing out the 7*.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Apr 2, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So they decided to get rid of the awakening material package from the store? The only bundle I bought every day. Thanks Gumi. Always making life better for us.

Oh and thank for the 1 ticket April fool's gift, you cheap bastards.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PaybackJack posted:

Oh and thank for the 1 ticket April fool's gift, you cheap bastards.

Mine gave me my third fohlen. Good one.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
A week and a half ago I dropped 100+ tickets on CG Fina's banner with no luck.

Today I found I had built up another 14 tickets, so I decided to try my luck again.

8 tickets in and I finally got her! Super psyched, yea!

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
Hell my 30 million ticket today dropped CG Fina on me too.

I forget, we're only two CGs in, right? Fina and Sakura? If so I'm 2/2 somehow.

vvvv oh right lasswellington. I guess I got the GOOD ones at least?

meteor9 fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Apr 2, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Lasswell is also around.

Yuna confirmed for this week’s update, to likely no one’s surprise:

https://youtu.be/KsLOxL5rmYU

Ugato fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 2, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Middle of the month is usually when they come up with enhancements. Fry, Xon, Setzer and the FFXIV characters. I'm guessing we might get garuda around that time to coincide with the FFXIV units? Also another round of free daily pulls after the tickets run out and a moogle minister daily login thing where you can exchange for loot including a 10+1 ticket.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So no easter event at all. Considering that was probably the best GL event they have ever done that is extremely disappointing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Upcoming Stuff
  • The mentioned FFX Event with Yuna
  • Enhancements: Fryieva, Xon, Setzer, Yda, Y'shtola, Minfilia, Papalymo, and Thancred
  • 3★ Espers: Ifrit & Siren. Expeditions will be updated to have Supercites.
  • 30M Campaigns continuing:
    4/5~11 Cherry Blossom - Login Bonus
    (Bonus gets better over time)
    4/6~ Free Daily Summon

Questions and Answers
Q: Anything from FF8 coming, ever? Event, Units, anything?
A: Of course it'll come, but not decided yet/can't say anything about it.

Q: Next Collaboration?
A: Currently planning another Collaboration for around June.
Will be a big surprise, even though somewhat expected... but under the radar?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope that whatever big colab they are planning on doing is after 7* hit because its going to be loving stupid to be like 2 weeks away from 7* and releasing a base 5* that only goes up to 6*

vvv
Eiko is a superior healer than Yuna at the moment but 7* reverses the roles. Eiko doesn't get curaja so she just doesn't have enough umph to both heal and deal with debuffs which would a placed her in a better niche that where she ended up in. She ended up being a machine gun summoner, which who knows might be a better thing once Bahamut gets upgraded.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 2, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got Eiko on her banner and she's great, takes care of my summoner needs and does cool stuff. After burning everything trying (and failing) to get CG Fina, I'm not after a less effective healer & a worse summoner even if she does have reraise. I'm not all that into her Evoke damage abilities either - mag/spr hybrid, I dunno. I see the high multipliers but that's rough.

I wonder if Nier colab 2 is coming soon. It was June last time, and with 7* on the horizon I'd think they'd want to get A2 and 2B users spending for lapis. I feel like a bit of a fool since I used all my resources not to even get the thing I wanted, but I knew going in that's how this poo poo goes - of course after the fact, wish I'd saved some tickets for Nier 2 whenever it comes. As it is, can't say I stand much of a chance of a second A2 unless RNG blesses me uncommonly well.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I just cleared out a handful of spots on my friends list for anyone looking:

I'm almost always on A2, but I also have a decently geared Wilhelm, Ayaka, and dodge Noctis I could put up, as well as an okay-ish geared Trance Terra or Barbariccia. I'm still a little light on magic gear.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Fryevia enhancements coming up huh? :dance:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I hope that whatever big colab they are planning on doing is after 7* hit because its going to be loving stupid to be like 2 weeks away from 7* and releasing a base 5* that only goes up to 6*

vvv
Eiko is a superior healer than Yuna at the moment but 7* reverses the roles. Eiko doesn't get curaja so she just doesn't have enough umph to both heal and deal with debuffs which would a placed her in a better niche that where she ended up in. She ended up being a machine gun summoner, which who knows might be a better thing once Bahamut gets upgraded.

I'm holding out some hope that we'll get the Esturk DQ raid in the fall when DQXI gets its western release, and that we have 7* by then otherwise the 5* units will be a waste of time.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I've always hoped to pull a Fryevia and just never have - if I ever do, that'll be one I grind out crysts right away to enhance for sure. I've had some Fryevia friends on my list since we were all rank 50s, I'm close to 120 now and some of them are higher.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Olive and Fryevia were really ahead of their time when they came out in GL. Olive sort of fell to the wayside given her role is pretty niche but she's still carved herself a really nice spot out there for people that just dont have a full set of TDH gear. Fryevia to this day can still output damage thats higher than JP units that we are just getting

I really want to see her 7* form whenever gumi comes out with it. I joked about giving her onion knight frames a long time ago but it really is the best choice now that we know 7* duke also has OK frames.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Olive and Fryevia were really ahead of their time when they came out in GL. Olive sort of fell to the wayside given her role is pretty niche but she's still carved herself a really nice spot out there for people that just dont have a full set of TDH gear. Fryevia to this day can still output damage thats higher than JP units that we are just getting

I really want to see her 7* form whenever gumi comes out with it. I joked about giving her onion knight frames a long time ago but it really is the best choice now that we know 7* duke also has OK frames.

I mean they could just fix her HE frames

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think both Olive and Fryevia will do really well in a 7* TDH meta. They both are pretty tied to an element but their ability to exploit their own element is really strong; not to mention their innate passives for single wielding. Fryevia's enhancements are probably going to be really good because there's not much they can do to her that won't make her better; even if they just pump up a few of her activated non-FFB abilities.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

I think both Olive and Fryevia will do really well in a 7* TDH meta. They both are pretty tied to an element but their ability to exploit their own element is really strong; not to mention their innate passives for single wielding. Fryevia's enhancements are probably going to be really good because there's not much they can do to her that won't make her better; even if they just pump up a few of her activated non-FFB abilities.

My hope is for Frost Flower Blitz: Fix her HE frames, or give her Ice Shards frames (nearly the same thing but extra hits) so I can chain her with Christine.

A wild dream:
Enhanced Duelist Pose to give her W-Ability and more TDH of Attack or MAG don't care, lemme stack my Marshal's Glove with Unmatched Wizardry.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Victis posted:

I mean they could just fix her HE frames

I imagine this is very likely. I wish they would just fix it though because I’d really like to use both of my fryevias without having to enhance both. I have too much poo poo to enhance all my pairs. But at least it’s different than TTerra enhancements.

It would be interesting if they took another of her abilities to do ice shard frames. Give her the Sephiroth treatment and make her have two chaining options.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 2, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got Blossom Sage Sakura from the free ticket today. I hear she's pretty good.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Got Blossom Sage Sakura from the free ticket today. I hear she's pretty good.

Yeah, she's a magical finisher with extremely solid support options. Finisher-Support units are really nice whenever you have swing slots.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

My hope is for Frost Flower Blitz: Fix her HE frames, or give her Ice Shards frames (nearly the same thing but extra hits) so I can chain her with Christine.

A wild dream:
Enhanced Duelist Pose to give her W-Ability and more TDH of Attack or MAG don't care, lemme stack my Marshal's Glove with Unmatched Wizardry.

I too want her BiS build to be dependent upon an ability from a limited unit almost guaranteed to never appear again.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Khisanth Magus posted:

I too want her BiS build to be dependent upon an ability from a limited unit almost guaranteed to never appear again.

heck yeah, power to the Old Elite! (I have three Unmatched Wizardries and barely ever use even one of them, c'mon gimme something here. :( )

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

Yeah, she's a magical finisher with extremely solid support options. Finisher-Support units are really nice whenever you have swing slots.

Finishers are really only used for mega whales going for a one turn kill. Unless they have support stuff like Olive’s shattering shot, they’ll probably ride the bench. I pulled CG Sakura on banner and I’ve been struggling to find a need for her on new content ever since. I forced her into my Moose kill team just to give her something to do but it wasn’t necessary.

But for new players looking for a solid unit she’s great until you start stockpiling chainers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Are there cases like Bloody moon, Malboro, etc. where BSSakura might serve well as the sole DD?

• Locked thread