Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Tears In A Vial posted:

Lol the adventure zone pin this year is that loving rabbit

What's a bit more upsetting is that it's the only pin whose design I actually like this time around, or at least from a show that I listen to.

e: In case anybody's interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

those are bad imho

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
How the hell did they get Jonah Ray away from the Nerdist umbrella?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wait why would you not pick the beef and dairy one you monsters

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i'd probably go for that greatest gen ds9 pin

also: RED CARPET MBMBAM

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

sexpig by night posted:

Beef and Dairy Network's is excellent, but I haven't listened to that show in a bit because I've switched between phones and podcast apps a few times in the last year and keep forgetting it exists.

I also find the idea of a pin that's just a blue pickle that says "Horny Marge" on it funny for some reason, even if I'd never wear it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh god

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
lmao gently caress I cannot wait to listen to this

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

SpacePig posted:

What's a bit more upsetting is that it's the only pin whose design I actually like this time around, or at least from a show that I listen to.

e: In case anybody's interested

Tidy up your Windows 98 desktop.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

sexpig by night posted:

Is that happy little fellow Richard B. Sausages? :allears:

Beef and Dairy is such a favorite. If any of you are old and/or weird enough to know Firesign Theatre, it's got a similar sense of humor - deadpan surreal, with a dreamy and occasionally disquieting tone. Highly recommend if you're the type that likes their bizarro comedy to come with a side of discomfort and a drizzling of dread :keke:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
This red carpet stuff is like listening to three people die in real time

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SpacePig posted:

I also find the idea of a pin that's just a blue pickle that says "Horny Marge" on it funny for some reason, even if I'd never wear it.

:same:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/980840751067291648

Justin: Thrilled
Travis: Jazzed
Griffin: Literally pooping

Twain of Pain
Dec 14, 2006
This episode is genuinely giving me second-hand anxiety

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Not Operator posted:

https://twitter.com/MBMBaM/status/980840751067291648

Justin: Thrilled
Travis: Jazzed
Griffin: Literally pooping

This is one of those thing where I can't tell if it's a bit he's purposefully and consistently keeping up, or if Griffin just genuinely cannot smile for a picture.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SpacePig posted:

This is one of those thing where I can't tell if it's a bit he's purposefully and consistently keeping up, or if Griffin just genuinely cannot smile for a picture.

it's hard to smile when you're dying of anxiety

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I'm listening to this red carpet and my heart is going to loving explode

I hope its an April fools bit and they never manage to actually speak to another person because this is a nightmare.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm the sound of Griffin quietly muttering "Oh Jesus, this is happening" in the background at 19:34

Edit: I'm going through this episode at a glacial pace because I have to keep pausing to go look for where my skeleton is hiding

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 2, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
...matt doyle?

edit: oh my god they got called out

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 2, 2018

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

omg they just got DESTROYED by Roker

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Matt Doyle? Is that Matt Doyle?

You
Oct 6, 2009
I keep pulling my earphones out during the red (blue) carpet episode. Even if I do love the concept of Jimmy Buffett coming up with a goof and the brothers following up on it, it's just so awkward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You know, I was actually considering pledging this year, but if the owner of MaxFun has this to say about his free, ad-driven content:

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/980857978797678597

I'm good.

Even if it's a joke, that's a lovely thing to say.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
oh, loving yikes

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Fuuuuck that

Serf
May 5, 2011

i can't believe al roker killed the mcelroy brothers

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Bad look for Mr. New Sincerity

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
On the one hand, I do want access to the years of accumulated bonus content for MBMBaM, TAZ and The Flop House and would love to support those shows.

On the other hand, I can't stand Jesse Thorn (love those ads for Bullseye that are just random people who just had to share their personal opinion that he is Literally The Greatest Interviewer in the World) and that opinion just confirms to me that I don't want him to get a dime of my money.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can be guilt free knowing I supported the brothers directly with the live show tickets, which cost me about the same as a year at 5 dollars a month anyway.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe I’m a lovely person too but that seems pretty obviously like a joke to me? All the “how dare he” replies seem a little extra to me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like I said, even if it's a joke, it's a pretty lovely thing to say about your poorer viewers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea, that's a pretty clear joke considering the question was using insane clearly joke hyperbole. Like, kinda a tasteless joke because there's a poo poo ton of space between 'literally an unemployed child in rural Kenya' and 'can afford to give money monthly to the tweest people on earth' but I dunno, maybe I'm biased by liking him but it read as a joke pretty clearly to me. He's never genuinely said he feels that way, the whole 'you know, listening to public radio without paying is BASICALLY theft' thing is a common joke.

KoB
May 1, 2009
All these thieves and fraudsters listening to my ad driven content.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

he spends a lot of tweets after it doubling down so i don’t really think it’s a joke

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Serf posted:

i can't believe al roker killed the mcelroy brothers

Man, the more I read about this episode, the more excited I get to finally get done work. Boy howdy do I need to listen to this.

Also, Jesse Thorn is pretty historically bad at trying to be funny, and arguably worse at trying to build off of a joke made by somebody else. His word choice is unfortunate, but it's a joke somebody else that he basically fell on his face trying to extend.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also the people making the "listening to public radio is stealing" jokes usually aren't the owners of those particular services.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

Man, the more I read about this episode, the more excited I get to finally get done work. Boy howdy do I need to listen to this.

Also, Jesse Thorn is pretty historically bad at trying to be funny, and arguably worse at trying to build off of a joke made by somebody else. His word choice is unfortunate, but it's a joke somebody else that he basically fell on his face trying to extend.

Yea I like Jesse but he is extremely bad at springboarding. I think he just hosed up going off a 'Mr Thorn isn't everyone who doesn't give you money a goddamn crook stealing your brain work' joke by kinda taking it to a real place of 'haha yea the poor are assholes for not giving me their money' instead of just, like, I dunno, post the loving Simpsons clip of Betty White on PBS calling people not giving to the pledge drives thieves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, the fact that it went for so specific a callout is a bridge too far.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

yea, that's a pretty clear joke considering the question was using insane clearly joke hyperbole. Like, kinda a tasteless joke because there's a poo poo ton of space between 'literally an unemployed child in rural Kenya' and 'can afford to give money monthly to the tweest people on earth' but I dunno, maybe I'm biased by liking him but it read as a joke pretty clearly to me. He's never genuinely said he feels that way, the whole 'you know, listening to public radio without paying is BASICALLY theft' thing is a common joke.

That’s where I’m coming from yeah; calling your listeners thieves and mooches for availing themselves of a product that you freely offer is such an obviously lovely thing to do that I cannot imagine the man saying it if he meant it even a little bit sincerely, it’s clearly a bit

I suppose he was a little uh overly specific in his language though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea he at best forgot that as the actual head of the network it looks very different for him to make the 'give us money or you're crooks' joke than it is to, say, when MBMBAM makes their "TIME TO PAY THE PIPER" jokes. Not a good look either way.