Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Ehud posted:

They don't look anything alike

they both look white

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

incompetent posted:

they both look white

and privileged

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Only one of them looks like the Austin bomber.

It's not Baker.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I still think it's hosed up some parents named their kid Baker

What did he even go by before becoming an elite QB prospect? Bake?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Doltos posted:

I still think it's hosed up some parents named their kid Baker

What did he even go by before becoming an elite QB prospect? Bake?

Peeta

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Are occupational baby name the worst QB names?

Baker
Archer
Mason
Hunter
Parker
Taylor?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Diva Cupcake posted:

Baker
Archer
Mason
Hunter
Parker
Taylor?

Gunner is an exception

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cooper is bad too.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Mayfield is the best QB in this draft and I think he is the most likely of all of to be considered one of the new elite QBs for years to come. If he were a few inches taller (lol) he would have been considered a Luck-level prospect. While l'd be happy with Sam or Josh at 3 it would sting to see him on a division rival and I really think hes going to the AFCE. 10x so if Rosen and Darnold are gone by 3 and the Jets pass on him for Josh Allen. OH god just thinking about that is painful

Phyein fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 1, 2018

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Phyein posted:

Mayfield is the best QB in this draft and I think he is the most likely of all of to be considered one of the new elite QBs for years to come. If he were a few inches taller (lol) he would have been considered a Luck-level prospect. While l'd be happy with Sam or Josh at 3 it would sting to see him on a division rival and I really think hes going to the AFCE. 10x so if Rosen and Darnold are gone by 3 and the Jets pass on him for Josh Allen. OH god just thinking about that is painful

Yeah that pretty accurately describes my nightmare scenario.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah Buffalo giving up a mega haul to draft Allen at 2 or 4 while letting the Jets take Rosen or Mayfield is the type of thing that could theoretically get me to cool on football for a bit.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

sirtommygunn posted:

Yeah that pretty accurately describes my nightmare scenario.

What if he ends up with New England?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nystral posted:

What if he ends up with New England?

Then he at least rides the bench for a few years so I can remain in a state of ignorant hopefulness before the crushing reality sets in that the Pats will own the division until Belichick loving dies.

e: wait Allen or Mayfield? I'm assuming Mayfield.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Baker
Archer
Mason
Hunter
Parker
Taylor?

While I agree, what occupation is Parker? Valet?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

Baker
Archer
Mason
Hunter
Parker
Taylor?

Is a Boomer a job?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Phyein posted:

I don't see why he's clearly better than Rosen or Darnold.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
The only good QB name is Colt

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Baker Mayfield is white?!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Phyein posted:

Watching them all throw, to me it looks like Darnold and Rosen are the top of this class and that they will probably go 1 and 2 respectively. I prefer Rosen in terms of skills but Darnold is maybe more durable and they honestly both looked really, really good at their pro days. I think they both throw better than Mayfield and they also have the advantage of greater height. Despite how dumb it is to only look at height for QBs, that doesn't mean it isn't important, of course it is.

Definitely true though that any team should be happy to get Mayfield and they definitely should not pass on him in favor of Allen, lol

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

latinotwink1997 posted:

Baker Mayfield is white?!

Yeah, you can tell because they aren’t talking about converting him to WR or RB.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I think Rosen throws insanely well. I think his arm is the best out of all of them. Obviously Allen has the best raw arm power but Rosen has just great technique.
Mayfield doesn't have as good of an arm but I think is way tougher and has great pocket presence.
Darnold is turnover prone which concerns me but all three are top5 worthy imo.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Mayfield drafted by Browns.
Instant connection with Duke and Duke leaps into Bell/McCoy levels of elusiveness.
Sports Commentators force the nickname "Shake & Bake" onto the duo.
When asked to comment on the nickname, Mayfield shrugs his shoulders and walks off to the locker room. TV sports folks take this as acceptance.
This allows white people on TV to say "Shake... and Bake" with a little shimmy hundreds of times a day.
Mayfield realizes the horrors he's wrought, after carrying Browns to the playoffs he leads them to a victory over the Patriots, then shoots himself on the field.
His last words are "kill whitey"
His dead face is pulled back, revealing

It was Kaepernick the whole time

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Coldforge posted:

Yeah, you can tell because they aren’t talking about converting him to WR or RB.

The 4.8 40 probably helped with that too

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

Honestly, Mayfield's face reminds me of Manziel's.

You just made the list

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/980745451103285249

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Being too smart to play football is an actual thing in 2018

Lol

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I hate that I love this stupid sport

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol

Is it news if it's always been this way?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol

That's not a 2018 thing. Don't even have to go that far back to Myron Rolle

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress jim mora jr

Play
Apr 25, 2006

loving boomers. The kid has pretty much devoted his entire life, a lot of his time in high school and pretty much all of it in college, to this loving sport. There is absolutely no indication that he's not 100% serious about football.

But no, according to them you have to either have to be a blank slate that always reflects the "right" ideas or you have to be too loving stupid to have ideas at all. Personality, character, belief out the window.

How loving stupid is that

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I hope this gives noted old school footballman Dave Gettleman pause and allows Rosen to slip to #3.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Is this just his attempt to save Rosen from the Browns?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

"Hey Josh we're bringing in a new coordinator."
"Again?! WHY?!"
"Oh you just have to know EVERYTHING don't you."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/nfl/status/979486166050156544

LOL Shaq Griffin catches footballs better than I do.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I love the idea that wanting to understand how things work is somehow a detriment. Don't you want your quarterback to understand the functionality of bunching up receivers? Doesn't that help him understand what he needs to look for? loving boomers...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Sataere posted:

I love the idea that wanting to understand how things work is somehow a detriment. Don't you want your quarterback to understand the functionality of bunching up receivers? Doesn't that help him understand what he needs to look for? loving boomers...

I don't think it's about understanding things so much as having opinions about things. They prefer their players as bland, complacent and obedient as possible.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I feel like Mayfield's best traits are the ones that will let him quickly impact a team at the NFL level. He has absurdly good pocket presence, moves well in it, and makes accurate throws even if his arm strength isn't crazy (seems more than adequate to me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The problem here seems to be that most NFL coaches are frauds who can't answer the tough questions like "Shouldn't we run routes past the sticks in 3rd down?".

• Locked thread