Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

hobbesmaster posted:

You have to click through and read the ad... my favorite part is " Meticulously built for DAILY DRIVING"

Yeah, on a [s]race track[/] parking lot maybe.

FTFY

edit: gently caress, new page. Quoted original post for clarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
nissan engine conversion. Car looks pretty complete and straight but is on airbag susp (needs to be removed and returned to stock for re-licencing compliance). :lol: at the side striping, looks like some alu strip screwed on.

E: laughing even more at the air compressor and the terrible digital dash gauges. At least the rb swap was licenced with compliance plate. Not even a turbo though so woo 155hp.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 26, 2018

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

What every auto enthusiast needs:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Somebody come buy this:

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/1976-ford-pinto-pony-wagon/6546531689.html

Edit: it's the interior that sells it

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Wow a real shooting brake, I had no idea that even existed!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Original condition eh? Dang I've never seen a Ford Ford Pinto!

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I really like this car, although I wish it were a manual and a different color. If my poor neglected 94 Accord broke down tomorrow I would definitely look into this.

Bonus weird thing

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The price on the sterling GT is insane but on the other hand the cockpit opens like a fighter jet's...

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-suzuki-every-turbo-awd/6548150857.html

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

The Kakermix empire grows. New branch officially open in CO.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Original condition eh? Dang I've never seen a Ford Ford Pinto!

Good catch, didn't notice that!

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Pham Nuwen posted:

Somebody come buy this:

As a bonus I think Ford continued to make that same tired motor in the late 90 or early 2000's.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Here I am to say a thing ready:

Don't buy this it's a bad price for something with rust on it. Cruise the auctions in Japan yourself for one and pay maybe 800 or at worst 1200 for a pristine one :eng101:

Sure is cute though!

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

KakerMix posted:

Here I am to say a thing ready:

Don't buy this it's a bad price for something with rust on it. Cruise the auctions in Japan yourself for one and pay maybe 800 or at worst 1200 for a pristine one :eng101:

Sure is cute though!
Then pay another $1200-4000 to ship it, go through customs, and start working on the registration process, the length and expense of which will vary by state. Then $300-1200 to deliver it from port to your actual destination. The discover undercarriage rust holes you didn't see in the auction photos.

I bought plenty of action cars and it's always a gamble unless you're personally present at the auction.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Nitrox posted:

Then pay another $1200-4000 to ship it, go through customs, and start working on the registration process, the length and expense of which will vary by state. Then $300-1200 to deliver it from port to your actual destination. The discover undercarriage rust holes you didn't see in the auction photos.

I bought plenty of action cars and it's always a gamble unless you're personally present at the auction.

Hmmm better debate him in the thread where he's been doing just that.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Nitrox posted:

He's literally starting an import business and has bought several vehicles in the past few months, including three which arrived a few days ago. So far the worst things has been internal damage to a Rugger's wheels and a lot of dirt. So far the best things has been a LiteAce with an ice maker and lots of diesel Toyotas.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Nitrox posted:

I too have bought many cars at auction. I'm up to 8 although one of them is still in transit so only 7 in my hands. As long as you have a separate third-party inspection done and don't just rely on what the sheet says (or the terribly tiny resolution pictures) you'll be in a much better place. I've passed on far more cars than I've bid on because the inspector will usually find rust or (worse) blown headgaskets that only show up when the car runs up to temp. Of the 7 I've actually received their all in excellent shape that matches the description of the separate inspector.
Shipping to port will not be over 1300 for a kei-sized car, closer to 800 (again, in my experience) regardless of where in the USA you are. Port to city does vary and can approach $1200 sure, I'll give you that. Registration does vary by state but isn't some sort of extreme expense (California excluded lmao).

Like sure buy a rusty kei van in Colorado if you'd like but AI goons tend to be the sorts that are willing to put in more time than money on their cars so why would importing be any different?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

ThirstyBuck posted:

As a bonus I think Ford continued to make that same tired motor in the late 90 or early 2000's.

Yup. Last rattle of the Pinto engine was the 2.5L Ranger / B2500 in 1998-2001.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

That's the kind of car I'd definitely like to see someone just convert to electric and tool around silently at night.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

davebo posted:

That's the kind of car I'd definitely like to see someone just convert to electric and tool around silently at night.

I like that it has the classic 'just needs a battery and an quick fix to run again!'

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
you could turn that into a cool batmobile

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

davebo posted:

On a wireframe neon blue road with a hot pink sunset, and Tron-blue wireframe palm trees each side.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yup. Last rattle of the Pinto engine was the 2.5L Ranger / B2500 in 1998-2001.

Ad says it has the Cologne V6, which survived until 2010 as a 4.0L SOHC in the Mustang.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The quickest you can go short of..... a metric fuckton of money

https://showroom.windingroad.com/li..._eid=57b2b4649e

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Q_res posted:

Ad says it has the Cologne V6, which survived until 2010 as a 4.0L SOHC in the Mustang.

That'll learn me to not read closer.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

No title?
No usable parts?
Rusted 6 ways from Sunday?
Perfect drag car!

https://imgur.com/a/CR171

I have not posted in a while. Why does BBcode not work any longer?

Tai-Pan fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 3, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tai-Pan posted:

No title?
No usable parts?
Perfect drag car!

It works just fine. You put "url" not "img" by your image.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Wow they'll write a bill of sale for no extra charge, what a steal!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tai-Pan posted:

No title?
No usable parts?
Perfect drag car!

You also have to link to the image itself, not the imgur page. Right click -> view image then copy url.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Q_res posted:

I actually did not know that Pintos ever came with anything other than the 4-banger.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

I got one question...where do I sign?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Atheistdeals.com posted:

I got one question...where do I sign?

nixon, vicheal, dallers and needs a transition

lmao, that thing needs a flamethrower. too bad its probably a fake post

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Needs a transition from male to female or vice versa sex unknown

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DiggityDoink posted:

too bad its probably a fake post

:allears: If only

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Amazing dirty-lens potato pictures, too. And still the majesty comes through.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Volks...b90b2%7Ciid%3A1

freakin' ragtop sunroof:

Sex Weirdo fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 9, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Hell yeah this thing rules

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

The car is awesome but after doing some online searching it appears the seller has been trying to sell it for a year and a half for $50k

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/volkswagen/unspecified/1904102.html?refer=blog

https://bringatrailer.com/2016/12/27/chrome-country-1991-volkswagen-golf-4x4-in-new-jersey/

So buyer beware if you are thinking of bidding on this car, I wouldn't expect the seller to honor his no reserve auction

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Sex Weirdo posted:

The car is awesome but after doing some online searching it appears the seller has been trying to sell it for a year and a half for $50k

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/volkswagen/unspecified/1904102.html?refer=blog

https://bringatrailer.com/2016/12/27/chrome-country-1991-volkswagen-golf-4x4-in-new-jersey/

So buyer beware if you are thinking of bidding on this car, I wouldn't expect the seller to honor his no reserve auction

Same pictures from Dec. 2016 eh? Ok ok it was cool, don't think so much now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
it's like a Lada Niva for yuppies